Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? (14575 Views)

Why People Hate Maths And Its Related Courses. (photo) / Want To Study Computer Science But Hate Maths. / Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2012
abbeyfx2: Bros....ur problem is simple. Get someone u like, preferably someone younger to teach u d basics and maths wld come easy. I hated maths back then is sec. Sch tht cus I hated my maths teacher. He wld send me out before starting his class. Today, am a graduate of Industrial mathematics frm Futa. Belive me, I am a Mathematician now and I wish to help young ppl in schs by telling them how cheap maths is.
When did you graduate and what was ur grade?
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
I'm studying medicine but the only reason I hated other course was just the physics aspect. I love maths, never had a b2 in maths, even went for competition in maths and further maths no bragging grin but when it came to deciding which was gonna serve me better, I chose the obvious. For those who hate maths, you saw it superficially and never knew the basics. just knowing the ABC of it will take you high and you'll learn to love it more than you expect. even up to my 400l, maths sweet die and I'm still solving oooocheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by MrHim(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
Only 2things make me sick: not wearing a shirt to sleep and...yes maths! Anyform of it= serious malaria annd migriane cheesy
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
ATMC: Math is d only subject found in d gene, dt's y. If u ve not got it, u will find it difficult to understand. Again, it can only be passed on to d kids if its in d gene of their mom, else, no matter how good dad is in math, kids will always come home with an f in math. But d story is different when mom knows math, it don't matter whether she went to school or not, but u 'll find she's good with addition nd subtraction nd remembering dates. D kids will be straight a's students in math. Same way sex gene is with man is math gene with woman. So if u don't know math, just know dt ur mom didn't give u d gene.
u got it man
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by ATMC(f): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Eddo11: u got it man
i'm a lady.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by UmmRumy(f): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Don't hate maths but wasn't an A student either. Our maths teacher in sen. class felt all he had 2 do was solve it on d board with no explanations & voila! Straight A's... indeed.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
violent:

Your initial statement that the entire universe exists in a mathematical form immediately assumes, to my mind that there exist in nature, mathematical axioms and theory and we as humans have a responsibility to find them to help us understand our world better. My argument is that Mathematics itself in many ways is forced by us on the Universe!

Imagine there's some form of nuclear holocaust which wipes out the entire world leaving behind a mango tree. If a wind blows and knocks out two mangoes to the floor, mathematics will invent an axiom to explain why there are two mangoes in existence!

This is in fact very frustrating for me, as if in the case that after a billion years, another wind blows and it knocks down two more mangoes, mathematics will then invent another axiom that explains why 2+2 must equal to 4. These universal truths however do exist naturally in nature. We all, only seek to harvest these truths to explain how the world works and how we can cope with it. Mathematics does a fantastic job as it allows repeated patterns to be observed, described and modeled. But it's only a part of the picture. There are several other fields that are equally capable of harnessing these universal truths to describe the way the world works.

Nostradamus wrote poetry about nuclear wars and weapons thousands of years before Albert Einstein wrote on his theory on Mass-Energy Equivalence. While Nostradamus may not have been able to harvest his theory in the way Einstein did, it does prove that there exist a massive world out there that provides a great clue the Universe and its existence outside of Mathematics.

Great points you made bro...I must say that U are pretty smart...The strange thing is that the more you try to decipher the nature of the universe, the more complicated it gets and the more confused u get. Like I have said previously, It is like a man who barely knows how to operate a computer trying to understand how facebook runs; communicates with the database and how the codes run...The more he tries, the more confused he gets because it is a language he dosen't understand. He has to painstakingly learn the language and improve on it all by himself even at that, he still would not be able to understand every single bit of it.

Life is all a complicated set of processes that we all cannot fully decipher...I ask questions like: why do we have to be born and end up dying? We never asked to come here but we are here going through all of the bitter-sweet experiences. There are questions upon questions that seek answers...I am sure you have heard of the millennium prize problems...Only one has been solved by Grigori Perelman in 2003. The fact that the others have not been deciphered don't mean that they don't have solutions.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 2:34am On Jul 07, 2012
cryptic: Oga, if you do not know stuffs just Shut the phuck up!!! How does eating lots of sugary stuffs translate into diabetes? That is why most of you come up here to talk crap when you fail to READ and make efforts to learn the BASICS... OLODO...Read more here

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/
You funny die o.Is it that u've been out of school for so long,even in ur link,it is written that one of the ways of contacting the diseases is by eating a lot of sugar or ur eye they pain you.E b like say u don dey drink 2 much of garri 2 much of garri,abeg go see ur doctor..Too much intake of sugar destroys the insulin which regulates the sugar level in the body and thus,any little intake above the level of sugar needed by the body causes harm.GO AND DO SOME HOMEWORK.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 2:41am On Jul 07, 2012
cryptic:

Thanks bros.
Dem dey whyne ur head,u dey happy,u be mu'2.b4 u start to they blow grammar,no vex o,just teaching you maths
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
nipeks001:
Dem dey whyne ur head,u dey happy,u be mu'2.b4 u start to they blow grammar,no vex o,just teaching you maths

Who is this Jerk?
nipeks001:
You funny die o.Is it that u've been out of school for so long,even in ur link,it is written that one of the ways of contacting the diseases is by eating a lot of sugar or ur eye they pain you.E b like say u don dey drink 2 much of garri 2 much of garri,abeg go see ur doctor..Too much intake of sugar destroys the insulin which regulates the sugar level in the body and thus,any a little intake above the level of sugar needed by the bodz causes harm.GO AND DO SOME HOMEWORK.

It is obvious that U are a nonentity...U sabi read at all? I can see that you have just chosen to beef me. Get a life he-goat
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
cryptic:

Who is this Jerk?

It is obvious that U are a nonentity...U sabi read at all? I can see that you have just chosen to beef me. Get a life he-goat
u are d nini person here,i can't bliv sumbody like u is an undergraduate.U started the beefing by calling me olodo and now u are taking it P when i beef u back,lol,u make me laugh.don't even have ur time as dis will be d last time i will comment on this topic but nxt time think b4 u write pal and not writing b4 u think.Infact maths is one of the subject i like most,i was just trying to be humorous with my first comment and nxt thing,u started typing blah blah blah,seems u are a newbie,a reasonsble person will know i was just trying to have fun.AM OUT................
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
nipeks001:
u are d nini person here,i can't bliv sumbody like u is an undergraduate.U started the beefing by calling me olodo and now u are taking it P when i beef u back,lol,u make me laugh.don't even have ur time as dis will be d last time i will comment on this topic but nxt time think b4 u write pal and not writing b4 u think.Infact maths is one of the subject i like most,i was just trying to be humorous with my first comment and nxt thing,u started typing blah blah blah,seems u are a newbie,a reasonsble person will know i was just trying to have fun.AM OUT................

U SUCK BUDDIE!!! Pretty much like u have lost touch with reality. I know ur type...It is clearly written on the official diabetes link...I am gonna copy and paste: Myth: Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.

Fact: No, it does not. Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease; type 2 diabetes is caused by genetics and lifestyle factors. Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories, whether from sugar or from fat, can contribute to weight gain. If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.

From what you typed earlier:

nipeks001:
You funny die o.Is it that u've been out of school for so long,even in ur link,it is written that one of the ways of contacting the diseases is by eating a lot of sugar or ur eye they pain you.E b like say u don dey drink 2 much of garri 2 much of garri,abeg go see ur doctor..Too much intake of sugar destroys the insulin which regulates the sugar level in the body and thus,any little intake above the level of sugar needed by the body causes harm.GO AND DO SOME HOMEWORK.

How does that translate to being humorous? You obviously wanted to come up here to act smart when you don't know JACK!!! HOw can taking lots of sugar destroy insulin? Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that is responsible for converting excesss glucose to glucagon..when there is not enough insulin to convert sugar and fats, the excess sugar; fatty acids and glycerol increases the osmotic pressure of the blood thereby bringing about the symptoms associated with diabetes. Saying excess sugar destroys insulin is as dumb as dumb can be. Read more and stop basking in ignorance dude.
From the above write up, does eating 80 bars of chocolate ultimately mean you will develop diabetes? Why are some people so dumb? I can't even seem to read your comment and read your state of mind. Have you taken into consideration that people's constituent system vary? You are not just a sick son of a gun, but a re.tard.ed mother.fucker. Read books and stop chasing puss.ies you congenital eeeeediiooot.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
cryptic:

U SUCK BUDDIE!!! Pretty much like u have lost touch with reality. I know ur type...It is clearly written on the official diabetes link...I am gonna copy and paste: Myth: Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.

Fact: No, it does not. Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease; type 2 diabetes is caused by genetics and lifestyle factors. Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories, whether from sugar or from fat, can contribute to weight gain. If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.

From what you typed earlier:

How does that translate to being humorous? You obviously wanted to come up here to act smart when you don't know JACK!!! HOw can taking lots of sugar destroy insulin? Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that is responsible for converting excesss glucose to glucagon..when there is not enough insulin to convert sugar and fats, the excess sugar; fatty acids and glycerol increases the osmotic pressure of the blood thereby bringing about the symptoms associated with diabetes. Saying excess sugar destroys insulin is as dumb as dumb can be. Read more and stop basking in ignorance dude.
From the above write up, does eating 80 bars of chocolate ultimately mean you will develop diabetes? Why are some people so dumb? I can't even seem to read your comment and read your state of mind. Have you taken into consideration that people's constituent system vary? You are not just a sick son of a gun, but a re.tard.ed mother.fucker. Read books and stop chasing puss.ies you congenital eeeeediiooot.
I can't just stop laughing at d way u were angry while typing. firstly insuin does not convert glucose to glycogen(take note,not glucagon) and it's glucogan that stimulates the conversion of glycogen back to glucose for d body,it only stimulates the organ(liver) which converts it to glycogen.I'm starting to doubt whether u are actually a micro-biology student,i mean these are things an o'level students should know.pls just stop posting thrash abt what u don't know and pls go and read up books b4 u comment nxt time,illiterate.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
nipeks001:
I can't just stop laughing at d way u were angry while typing. firstly insuin does not convert glucose to glycogen(take note,not glucagon) and it's glucogan that stimulates the conversion of glycogen back to glucose for d body,it only stimulates the organ(liver) which converts it to glycogen.I'm starting to doubt whether u are actually a micro-biology student,i mean these are things an o'level students should know.pls just stop posting thrash abt what u don't know and pls go and read up books b4 u comment nxt time,illiterate.
thT Was an obvious flAW. The fact that I typed that don't mean I would say that. Anyone who has been reading my comments would know that was a flaw. Get a life buddie...
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
cryptic: thT Was an obvious flAW. The fact that I typed that don't mean I would say that. Anyone who has been reading my comments would know that was a flaw. Get a life buddie...
lol,u're funny.I can point out like 3 other mistakes you made while making ur points but don't av ur time.My only advice to you is to cultivate the habit of learning,Ignorance kills,bliv me and try making ur points without putting phuck,jerk,idiot,it's actually nonsensical to me.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by victorazy(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2013
iyanzee: I really don't know y pple h8 maths Student feel its difficult and i tink its just d lazy attituf of students

We shared the same birth date, how romantic "Victor"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hostel Named After Firdausi Amasa At Islamic Leadership Academy, Kuje / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? / Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.