Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? (3640 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by eddy42k(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
my first car was a Renault laguna (manual), the very first problem was the ac fan which cost me 3k then after which i enjoyed the car for 4yrs before it was sold here (i still admire them on the road)

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nice one which i will say u actually enjoy ur first ride but mine being a sportish honda prelude(manual stick) which first problem was an overheating issue due to a radiator leakage on abuja-kaduna highway
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Castos(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Please kindly don't comment on this thread if you don't have a car, for the sake of rightousness. It's a SIN to LIE.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by hardbody: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
My challenge was raising enough money to buy the car in the first place (Mercedes Benz 200 flat booth). As soon as i did, i had continued to drive it till i gave it out to a cousin who still loans me the car once in a while. Of course several others have come after that 'german error'.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Freiburger(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
I never had any problem with my ist car, it was a 1994 vw gollf 3, and my younger bro still got close to 600kkm on it. But my 2nd car 1994 opel vectra was hell, top cylinder got burnt when i tried to accelerate up to 180km/h in just about a month after i bought it.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Icon4s(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
My first car was a Honda Accord(baby boy).It failed brake just in front of a housing estate in Warri. I was a learner & thank God It was a busy area & I was on slow speed. I still drive d car, 4yrs & 2month after.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by madjune(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
I will talk about the Isuzu Rodeo i'm presently using now because its giving me a hell of time- Keeps flashing check trans and cruise set often and then, going off while i'm driving. Have tried so much to rectify this, much money down the drain and still nothing. Abeg i need help here. The first car i used, honda halla no give me wahala o.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by OAM4J: 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
Freiburger: I never had any problem with my ist car, it was a 1994 vw gollf 3, and my younger bro still got close to 600kkm on it. But my 2nd car 1994 opel vectra was hell, top cylinder got burnt when i tried to accelerate up to 180km/h in just about a month after i bought it.

The car dey try save you from speeding ni now. grin
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Metalgoong(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
The first problem I had with my car was that I had an accident on a freeway which almost took my life. My car tumbled twice;yet, I came out of it without any single injury.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Freiburger(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
OAM4J:

The car dey try save you from speeding ni now. grin
e be like say you know grin grin
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
my first was a honda prelude 99. Beautiful car with chrome rims, after 6months on horrible roads the left back wheel started wobbling, i used it like that for 3 months untill the wheel popped off lol...and next thing engine started smoking. Got a good mech that fixed it, all in all 2yrs now still doing ok small, considering i'm hard on it and poor on maintenance.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Akiika: 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
Really!!!!! this is a topic?.....NL is fast becoming forum for gibberish!...Naijas with "oppressing" mentality sha.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Castos(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
madjune: I will talk about the Isuzu Rodeo i'm presently using now because its giving me a hell of time- Keeps flashing check trans and cruise set often and then, going off while i'm driving. Have tried so much to rectify this, much money down the drain and still nothing. Abeg i need help here. The first car i used, honda halla no give me wahala o.
Guy na question o nt beafin. Do u really have a ride.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
eddy42k: my first car was a Renault laguna (manual), the very first problem was the ac fan which cost me 3k then after which i enjoyed the car for 4yrs before it was sold here (i still admire them on the road)

My first car was a 1989 jetta. Came with a single cell radiator and overheats a lot. My mechanic changed it to double cell and bypassed the thermostat hence the radiator fan worked constantly the moment I switch on the ignition. After that, the car served me well for over 3years without any major issue apart from changing clutch disc and fuel filter once in a while.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by brabus(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
My first problem was fueling the car. I never imagine I'd be spending so much fueling my car everyday.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by kblan: 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
my first car is Honda babeboy the first problem i encounter was the Air C when i Reinstalled another one its working perfectely now[color=#990000][/color] kiss
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by ebamma(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
my first car was a citroen,it could talk and always likes saying i had no shoes,so i became angry and sold it to goodluck jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by FlyboyZee: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
The 1st probs I had with my first car (EOD) is that of engine mounting or seating or whatever the mechanics chose to call it. Tried about all the mechanics in Benin & none could fix it, each refunding my money in full for the parts bought, until I took it to Honda Place in PH where they fixed the correct ones (front & back) for me at a whooping sum of N170,000.00 and the car became as silent as a ._._._. and glide as smooth as a ._._. even better and smoother than most new cars. I sold it at a handsome profit six months after fixing the probs. The guy that bought it from me is still very grateful up till this day.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by omega25red(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
my first car was a 1989 honda civic hatch back automatic. The first and only problem i had with it was a leak in the radiator. The seller sold me a car with a radiator that had a hole in it.

I fixed that and it was great after that. i sold it after using it for like 2 years and i bought a subaru outback sport
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by chucky234(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
First call was Benz 190 full option,clean and was exceptional. Drove it eigth months and sold out for 480k,never had a single issue except changing the carpurator.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by Wallie(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
My first car had a flat tire while parked in my driveway collecting dust because I didn't have money to register it! I remember washing and waxing that car even though it was just sitting there!
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by funmeme(f): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
My first car was a kia picanto car which never gave ‎​♍Ƹ any problem till i sold it 2yrs after and bought a honda baby which first problem is radiator cos it was a single cell radiator now I've changed τ̅☺ double but still not please.

God 4giv d guy who sold it τ̅☺ ‎​♍Ƹ, like d car though, stong.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by yuzedo: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
The first issue I had with my car was that the morrafocking Jetta wasn't a gaddem Transforming Range Rover!! cry angry
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by steffans(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Honda Baby Boy------Gear Box is d only probs..
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by ZUBY77(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
My first car was a Mercedes flatboot. The first problem was that the petrol finished along Enugu Ontsha expressway.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by lacasa: 2:04am On Jul 07, 2012
Flyboy Zee: The 1st probs I had with my first car (EOD) is that of engine mounting or seating or whatever the mechanics chose to call it. Tried about all the mechanics in Benin & none could fix it, each refunding my money in full for the parts bought, until I took it to Honda Place in PH where they fixed the correct ones (front & back) for me at a whooping sum of N170,000.00 and the car became as silent as a ._._._. and glide as smooth as a ._._. even better and smoother than most new cars. I sold it at a handsome profit six months after fixing the probs. The guy that bought it from me is still very grateful up till this day.

170k lipsrsealed

Minee came wt bad engine seats bt the dealer changed it wt his money for 35k in kaduna b4 the handover.

i luv ϑ ride (e.o.ϑ) 2k5 model, its great.

Dnt plan on changing it anytime soon cool
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by FindOut(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2012
Icon4s: My first car was a Honda Accord(baby boy).It failed brake just in front of a housing estate in Warri. I was a learner & thank God It was a busy area & I was on slow speed. I still drive d car, 4yrs & 2month after.

U've been using ur baby boy for 4 years? Gud. 3 questions please?

1) What model year is it?
2) Is it a 4 cylinder or V6?
2b) is it auto?
3) Have you ever had cause to change ur gearbox? If yes, how many times?

Sorry to go a little bit off topic, but i think this is helpful too.

Thanx.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by eddy42k(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2012
madjune: I will talk about the Isuzu Rodeo i'm presently using now because its giving me a hell of time- Keeps flashing check trans and cruise set often and then, going off while i'm driving. Have tried so much to rectify this, much money down the drain and still nothing. Abeg i need help here. The first car i used, honda halla no give me wahala o.

i also use a 2001 rodeo,the honest thing is that rodeo auto trannies are not so good, mine was an auto but i converted it to manual to avoid wahala and since den its been so faithful for close to two years now ,i still have the old transmition kept safe cos its still very good,try scan dat car
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by FindOut(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2012
Akiika: Really!!!!! this is a topic?.....NL is fast becoming forum for gibberish!...Naijas with "oppressing" mentality sha.

Brother, this is an educative thread, if you have a problem with it, maybe u shouldnt comment. nairaland has almost a million members, & whether anybody likes it or not, we have people here who dont even need to talk b4 they ''oppress'' as you put it. & as usual, we will have those who will always beef others. Please dont put yourself in the latter category. If you have a car, share your experience, if you dont have, God will provide your's too. Some people registered on Nairaland as undergraduates a few years ago & now, they've gotten jobs, gotten married & bought CARS, with this forum directly & indirectly responsible for these achievements. My point is, this is a family, lets learn from one another. Not every thread is worth posting in if you dont find it interesting.

Peace.
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by eddy42k(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2012
Find Out!:

Brother, this is an educative thread, if you have a problem with it, maybe u shouldnt comment. nairaland has almost a million members, & whether anybody likes it or not, we have people here who dont even need to talk b4 they ''oppress'' as you put it. & as usual, we will have those who will always beef others. Please dont put yourself in the latter category. If you have a car, share your experience, if you dont have, God will provide your's too. Some people registered on Nairaland as undergraduates a few years ago & now, they've gotten jobs, gotten married & bought CARS, with this forum directly & indirectly responsible for these achievements. My point is, this is a family, lets learn from one another. Not every thread is worth posting in if you dont find it interesting.

Peace.

i love this
Re: What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? by fm7070: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2012
my wife hit a pillar (while trying to learn)and destroyed the radiator and bomber, and the developed overheating issue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Guys: Between 2009 Rav4 Vs 2009 Crv Which Of Them Is Better / MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start / 15 Fastest 4-cylinder Cars 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.