Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Things That Annoy You On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Annoy You On Nairaland (15623 Views)

10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" / Who Annoy You The Most On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
oladayo042: I'm sorry I used your name but it readily comes to mind whenever this issue of chatting is being raised. There is nothing wrong with saying hello to someone (after your useful comments) but it becomes something else when a thread is turned to a chatting room.
Mr man! y u getting all emotional? hello!!!!! u can always log off or skip d thread if d so called chit chatting aint ur thing.Its quite simple! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by pcicero(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
@ OP
Sorry, you cannot have it all. People differ, so learn to live with what you cannot change.

Imho, coming up with a thread about things that annoy you shows that you are also intolerant.

I also can list so many things especially users with multiple ids who enjoy trolling. But then, where is the fun, if they can't feel free to be errant even on cyberspace?

But if something can be done about tribalism, especially OPs starting threads that have the propensity to degenerate into ethnic/tribal or religious bashing, that would be very great.

However,I think there is more to life than Nairaland. Hence, we should learn not to take things too personal!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Emphasis(m): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
I dislike it when people jump @ sourceless piece of information/news. They talk as if it happened in their bedrooms. BTW why should sourceless news/info hit the front page? This info are posted as well on Nairaland Twitter account without confirmation... However, 'Variety they say is the spice of life', i beleive life will be boring if things were done so ordely. Cheers
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by abdulr747(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
As for me the only thing that annoy me the most is the issue of traibalism, people should learn at least how to talk without abusing one tribe or the other because that is the only way this country can move forward.
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by cindyrella(f): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
denzel2009: all seun's Ota terminologies such as:

penis
vagina
breast
anal
doggy
sexual
cum
idiot
asshole
sex
shag
erection
nipples
oral

You forgot to add party.
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by ITbomb(m): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
denzel2009: all seun's Ota terminologies such as:
anal

I remember when annal was called Super perversion. When does he get all these
Like , orgasm
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Beaf: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ninilowo:
lol....... I alwayz pity dis guy. he s aunder heavy critisism

Every id!ot fears the id!ot healer and stup!dity curer. Pity the id!ots, bro. grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Beaf: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
--Beaf sharpens cutlass, quietly chews cassava bread, awaits the next victim... Or friend---

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Pergrace: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Beaf: --Beaf sharpens cutlass, quietly chews cassava bread, awaits the next victim... Or friend---

Bros you get time wella
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Pergrace: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
THE INSULTS AND ABUSES.
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
Beaf: --Beaf sharpens cutlass, quietly chews cassava bread, awaits the next victim... Or friend---

lol... Just ignore them bro. Lol.
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by airbender(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
I have when i post some vulger words like F---,A--,P--S- and then it become censord angry
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
ITbomb:
I remember when annal was called Super perversion. When does he get all these
Like , orgasm
lmfao...bros i taya too...i wonder how he comes up wt those trash..hv been waiting for hell feeling since d word hell exists...lol
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
For me its the unnecessary insults. Someone posts something, makes a comment and some people just go into automatic insult-mode! I just don't get it. and then the insult trade-off begins. We are all adults here, stooping low to fling insults at one another even to the point of insulting parents and grand parents (who are innocently chilling it the village or otherwise o!) is really unnecessary and pathetic. Please, let's try to chill a bit. You can reprimand someone for talking loosely (and I get it that some people actually are way too flippant), but please let's not degenerate to insults. Cheers
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by styles2009: 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
Tribalist,Tribal wars cheesy

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by dont8(m): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
Very annoying and to add to that, there is need for other features, like who likes a comment made by someone. By that we can justify the saying ''show me your friend...''
ayobase:

Very annoying......
what abt what freecocoa just did?
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Willzkid(m): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
grin grin
Now the celeb is finally here...where are those looking 4 him grin cheesy
pcicero: @ OP
Sorry, you cannot have it all. People differ, so learn to live with what you cannot change.

Imho, coming up with a thread about things that annoy you shows that you are also intolerant.

I also can list so many things especially users with multiple ids who enjoy trolling. But then, where is the fun, if they can't feel free to be errant even on cyberspace?

[b][/b]But if something can be done about tribalism, especially OPs starting threads that have the propensity to degenerate into ethnic/tribal or religious bashing, that would be very great.

However,I think there is more to life than Nairaland. Hence, we should learn not to take things too personal!

@ least the same thread that was borne out of intolerance gave you an opportunity to give the bolded suggestions
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by gangar(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
BEAF is the most annoying thing on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Patsey: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
LACK OF DECORUM
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
0SCDVN
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by kandiikane(m): 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
Erm, people who upload irrelevant photos like that up there.
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
how did this make front page undecided grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by kandiikane(m): 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
R231

U neba see wetin e put down?
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
@op
Gals on hormonal pills logging on i.e kandi
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by kandiikane(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
Lool!
I don't do hormonal pills, my hormones are fine as they are. tongue
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
@op
hawt chics like badosky ignoring me sad
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by kpolli(m): 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Willzkid: These are some of the annoying things that people do on Nairaland
* quoting other people's full posts only to respond to a line or two of it
* quoting posts without actually commenting
*Sometimes I hate comments like "how did this make front page?", especially when the topics are good enough

I would also want seun to bring on "hate" tabs just like we have "like" tabs...And if we can see those who like or hate our posts, it will be more fun....Add urs, what annoys u on NL?

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 1:21am On Jul 10, 2012
snthesis: @op
hawt chics like badosky ignoring me sad
U no carry me go Norway na angry
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by komek(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Things that annoy me on nairaland are as follows:

. Forumites who cannot express their opinions without constantly using cuss words such as the F - word, S - Word, WTF, and the likes whether they are upset or not

. Forumites who bring in tribalism and ethnocentrism into every post and constantly make unnecessary inciteful comments about others ethnically different from them

. Forumites who are constantly verbally abusive towards other forumites who do not share in their opinion, value system or cultural mindset

. Forumites who intentionally go into threads meant for christian believers to bash God and make insensitive remarks about their christian faith and belief

. Forumites who are very disrespectful to other forumites based on their gender and all the female bashing, downright disrespect and shameless chuvinism that is constantly displayed on this forum

. Nigerian and Ghanian forumites who constantly and shamelessly bash and verbally tear each other apart each time a thread concerning Ghana is posted

. Forumites who are always defending President Goodluck Jonathan come rain come shine even if news were to break out right now that he killed somebody

. Forumites who can't express themselves coherently and in simple written english

. Forumites who are obsessed with and constantly create relationship threads that are very gender bias and focuses on making deragatory and condescending remarks about the females

. Forumites who have nothing to contribute to a thread's topic but rather copy and past the names of all the other forumites currently viewing the thread. I believe moderators should definately hide such posts

. Forumites who are not Nigerians that come here to ask annoying stereotypical or prejudice laden questions about Nigerians/Nigerian culture and then conclude by telling us that their boyfriend/fiance/spouse is Nigerian as if that is going to make a difference in our personal lives or change the thread starter's stereotypical and prejudiced mindset

. Forumites who are not Nigerians or have never lived in Nigeria yet like to act like they know more about Nigeria and her citizens than Nigerians themselves

. Nigerian forumites with inferiority complex and low self esteem who specialize in always worshipping advanced western nations and their citizens while constantly tearing down their own country.

. Forumites who worship their pastors and when there is news about the atrocious behaviour of any pastor, they are quick to turn the bible around to suit their personal beliefs by quoting "Touch not my anointed" and whatever else they can sheepishly come up with

. Too many forumites on this forum who are just downright ignorant, unintelligent or daft

That's all people!
-Forumites who kept repeating a particular word τ̅☺ express themself eg FORUMITE heheheh
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by komek(m): 5:51am On Jul 10, 2012
ikekings: Abeg make una snap out of dis una dislikes joor...... To b sincere nairaland won't b fun if dia aint assholes or woteva..... So make una jst chill nd flow with the rhythm....
GBAM. Spot on

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Flood Kills Man Returning From Prayers In Gombe State. Photos / Do Not Stand On Toilet Seat Or Bowl.... Viewer Discretion Is Advised / At Your Age, Which Animal Are You Scared Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.