Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos (45081 Views)

Senator Gyang Pwojok Buried (Photos) / Nigerian Killed Senator Gyang Datong Over Satellite Pictures,how many more to go / Breaking New!! Senator Gyang Dalyop Datonghas Been Shot Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by HAH: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by brownlord: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
greateros:

my friend, that senator and that honourable are among the most humane serving members. ask any one that knows them in person, they keep their doors open to attend to their peoples needs - hence the reason for them being at the burial of those killed in the previous nite attacks.

its not good to wish people evil.

despite the fact that I DONT SUPPORT GEJ and all his blunders in Aso rock, i still never ever wish him evil nor wish him bad check all my post.

That means you are an enemy to Nigeria, read my post again LET THEM WIPE ALL THE SENATORS AND GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS i dont care this country need a revolution

1 Like

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by brownlord: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
HAH: Another source said he died of heart attack

http://premiumtimesng.com/mobile/news/5961-senator_dantong_dies_in_plateau.html

Even if its anus attack let them die and let Nigeria be a better place....Rot in HELL enemys of Nigeria
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by kingparagon1: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi:

GEJ again?what has he got to do with this?nigerians very soon every accident on the road in naija we will blaming GEJ .na wah oooo
so all dis insecurity no dey affect u? I pray u dont have 2 lose somebody b4 u knw dat naija is fast turning in2 warzone nation. Well shall, i had he died of shock as d fulanis started raining bullets on d people. In a good country, u kill a USA senator, u have ask 4 war. In naija, investigation wit dialogue continues. ''May his soul rest in peace''.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by gbadexy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
RIP senator.
I believe the national assembly would now start war on terrorism in earnest even though it may have been a political rival that capitalize on the insecurity in the state.
But the level of sophistication of these hausa / fulani terrorist is still amazing me. They are too organised, I won't be surprise if there is a special hausa military camp.
How did the gun men know the senator was in town or that he would be at the venue he was shot. Was there a public announcement that a funeral would be holfing there and hence instant mobilization of the assasins, abi these people get dem own intelligence gathering body?

1 Like

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by prettyG: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
Family members deny Senator Datong was killed, say he had a heart attack...
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by boyendowed(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
Emmy9ite: if a senator can be killed with tight security,who again is safe..am sure at his funeral,gunmen will come and kill another top chief,so will the cycle continue!

Who said he had tight security?There was no mention of tight security in the report.A report I saw said the attackers wore military uniforms.I hope soldiers were not part of this
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by PointB: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
It's sad and unfortunate what is happening in Jos. From people being massacred in their sleep in the dead of the night to mourners been killed during funerals. What society are we building in this country?

Perhaps the FG should tweak the composition of the STF and re-jig the security apparatus. The warring communities should cease hostilities while towing the path of dialogue.

In the meantime my the dead RIP. My heart goes out to the families of those caught in the violence.

@Nigeria,
We need to talk!
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by ayox2003: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
In a sane society GEJ would have been impeached. angry
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by meksroland: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
ScorchedViper:

You make a good point. I would have expected Gowon to be particularly vocal about this injustice . RIP to the man however!!!
Gowon and plateau people are all paying for the innocent Biafran pregnant women they slaughtered alive during the Biafran War. Law of karma and nemesis

1 Like

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by mu2sa2: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Many people dont know that in Fulani culture u must avenge the killing of a loved one even if it takes generations to do that. Sadly, the Berom-Fulani war is therefore likely to continue for a very long time. No amount of reconciliation talks can stop the vicious cycle of killing and counter killing.

1 Like

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by MrUmaRu(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
Senator rest. Either in peace or not,u are all distubing us
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
^^^^^this clearly shows that premium times is a propaganda machine by the same killers the murderers of women and children, father lord, let this battle begin!!!
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
Good Morning!

1 Like

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
One more soul has crossed over to ether. Congrats and RIP!
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
Welcome to the wild wild Niaja.

My feofle, learn to live with it. By GEJ.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Centinno01: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi:

GEJ again?what has he got to do with this?nigerians very soon every accident on the road in naija we will blaming GEJ .na wah oooo
Abati long time
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by namfav(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
he never addressed issues correctly

pcicero:

You seem to know more than you are telling us. Was he ever a governor? In what way and capacity was he executing the 'failed policies'?

Your quest for domination in a place that doesn't belong to you fuelled by the religion that has little or no regard for the sanctity of human lives is responsible. That, Mr Boko Haram, is the truth.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Gbawe: 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
It is actually two dead and one person seriously injured according to sharareporters.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/plateau-tragedy-gunmen-kill-senator-plateau-state-assembly-leader-injure-house-reps-member

Plateau Tragedy: Gunmen Kill Senator, Plateau State Assembly Leader, Injure House Of Reps Member
[/b]Posted: July 8, 2012 - 18:08

By SaharaReporters, New York
SaharaReporters has just learnt that [b]Senator Dantong Gyang Dalyop and Gyang Fulani, the majority leader of the Plateau State Assembly, were among several people murdered today during a mass funeral in the Barakin-Ladi local government area of Plateau. A member of the House of Representatives, Simon Davou Mwadkwon, was also seriously injured in the attack.

Senator Dantong Gyang Dalyop was a PDP member and chaired the Senate committee on health.

Nigerian senate spokesperson Senator Ayinnaya Abaribe confirmed the tragic event to SaharaReporters. Our sources disclosed that the murdered officials were attacked as they attended a mass funeral for more than twenty men, women and children killed in the area in a gruesome attack launched by yet unidentified gunmen yesterday.

The funeral was just concluded when heavily armed men in military uniforms descended on the mourners, shooting at the senator and other officials at point blank range.

“It was a horrible sight,” said a source who witnessed the tragedy. “People ran helter-skelter as the gunmen continued to shoot,” he added.

For the past several years, Plateau State has been mired in sectarian bloodshed between armed groups of Muslims and Christians.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
murder in a funeral!
just saw a movie with that title today........ now reading a true defination of it.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by prettyG: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
Curfew imposed on Jos North, Jos South, Barkin Ladi and Riyom LGAs with immediate effect and until further notice.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by namfav(m): 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
whats the constructive thing has has brought to the upper house? as senator he had the powers but he failed to adresse issues in his state, if he did his job correctly their won't be violence

jmaine:

Mind informing us what he was cooking and why the fire which happens to be your murderous brothers burnt him . . .
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Sunofgod(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
"The funeral was just concluded when heavily armed men in military uniforms descended on the mourners, shooting at the senator and other officials at point blank range."

Was it soldiers - are an armed militia?

Do Boko Haram now have army uniforms? Or have the army joined Boko Haram?
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Greatfuture: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
manugbo: WHERE IS GOWON?

WITH ALL THE STRATEGY HE USED TO CAPTURE BIAFARA

WHERE IS HIM? WHERE IS HE HIDDING? IN ABUJA OR WHERE?

FULANI WILL SOON FINISH HIS PEOPLE
you must be daft is Gowon the president of Nigeria, as a head of state he was able to quel the biafra uprising.Wat is ebele jonathan doing?
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by onatisi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
Centinno01: Abati long time

fellow Nigerians you have to understand that the government is doing all it can and all security agencies have been mobilized , government will fish out the killers, all this killings is all part of a well orchestrated plan to foil and soil the good work of our president
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Sunofgod(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
Martial Law must be declared in ALL Northern states.

The military should be deployed indefinitely and a 6 to 6 curfew imposed until further notice.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by kettykin: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
emmke: back in the 60s your igbo officers actually killed a berom officer during the 1st coup did u actually expect the plateau people to still join forces with igbos and fight the FG?

My friend you still dont get the message Plateaua and other middlebelters went to war against igbos over a single individual LT col james Pam that was killed by the coupist
Today thousands of Plateau and other Middle belt citizens have ben killed in their own soil and in their own back yard and uptill now they have neither come to terms on how to defend themselves
,These same middlebelters swore to spill the last drop of their blood to defend the Unity of Nigeria but are not ready to spill a drop of sweat to defend their citizens which goea contrary to law of Survival. who si deceiving who

2 Likes

Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by jmaine: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
namfav: whats the constructive thing has has brought to the upper house? as senator he had the powers but he failed to adresse issues in his state, if he did his job correctly their won't be violence

Oga, your reasons for rejoicing over the senator death are all weak . . .You mention issues . . .what is these issues ? . . .You still mention issues . . .

Be ready to also celebrate the reprisals, simply because of the weak reasons your peddling strenously in support of your murderous brothers . . .
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by pcicero(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
Eziachi: \
Why must all homicide crime in Nigeria has to be connected with ethnic strife, religious strife or Boko Haram.
So a business gone wrong can't be a link to murder anymore?
political enemy can't kill anymore?
family/friends don't plan evil anymore?
Even your own wife, child or husband can get you killed for personal gain.
God! hired/contract killers in Nigeria must be the happiest in the world as there is no chance of them been caught as everybody will be looking at Boko Haram.

Have you read the story? Maybe we can then discuss this after you have read the report.
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by movers82(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Where are the Langtang warriors when you need them! Its about time they go to the aid of their Birom brothers!
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by Kayday(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
Tot the main occupation of the average Berom is soildering. So wetin come dey happen?
Re: Senator Gyang Datong Killed In Jos by madridsta007(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Seems to me that Gowon doesn't have much sway and swagger over his Fulani brothers and cohorts as they are now helping him to massacre and ethnic-cleanse his own people. The blood of the Biafrans are crying out and have been crying out and now the chicken is coming home to roost.

Gowon, beware, the are coming for you. Your friends-in-arms are coming for you. Nonsense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office / Delta State Changes Anthem, Logo, Slogan To ''Big Heart Of The Nation'' / Caption This Picture Of Tolu Ogunlesi And Governor El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.