Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? (1506 Views)

Do U Know There's An App Dat Can Record Ur Partners Call/pms & Send It To U? / How Many Of Us Can Proudly Say We've NEVER Cheated On Our Partners Before?? / Cheating! Do We All Do It To Our Partners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Sattors(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
I went to see a friend last weekend n his girl friend was around and was cooking in the kitchen. As we were discussing her phone rang and my friend picked, after which i told him it was wrong to have picked her call n we argured n argured n argured.His reason 4 picking the call was that they trust each other while my reason 4 him not to have picked was that we still need to respect each others privacy despite the trust. WHO WAS RIGHT HERE?
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by mindful: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
Nobody. Unless it comes down to you and your own girlfriend,then you can place your deciding factor. In this case, its not your business... really.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
It's wrong!

Unless you have their permission to do so. That you are in a relationship with a person doesn't give you exclusive rights to privacy invasion. . . That's bullshit!

There is something called respect. And respect is earned by the way we treat others in seemingly little things like privacy invasion. If you have earned your partner's trust and respect to the point that they deem it ok for you to pick their calls and go thru their phones, then fine. Else, you have no rights whatsoever, doing so. . .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by mimima(f): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
absolutely wrong.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by slimyem: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
mostly depends on your partner...
some people do not mind and some do..
its just much safer to respect each other's privacy around such things.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Timmyspaco(m): 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
It all depends on d level of undastndin both partner
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
It depends but at least privacy must be respected
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by MissyB3(f): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
If he's not around and his phone is ringing, there's no reason why I shouldn't pick the call . . .
Yes, he should do likewise if it's my call.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Exponental(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Why waste d callers credit when u can give a perfect response?
I will only do dat if d caller is stubborn n she isnt available.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by freecocoa(f): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2012
I would say its wrong to pick someone else's call,it only makes sense if its with their permission.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2012
Exponental: Why waste d callers credit when u cant give a perfect response?
i go with this. Except if i dont trust her. Even then. . .
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by amyg(f): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
4 d sake of my weak heart,I wld rather nt pick his cal.I dnt even want 2 hear a lady's voice@d oda end
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Sattors(m): 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
All well said! More coments pls!
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by OldHag: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
It all depends on the couple. We pick each other calls if the cell fone is close by when it rings, I yell out to him first and if he says to pick the call. I go ahead and pick the call. No worries!! Its all down to TRUST.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Mynd44: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2012
Exponental: Why waste d callers credit when u can give a perfect response?
Gbam
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2012
WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!! angry
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Exponental(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
omotohdarajugbogbolo: WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!! angry
ds ur name long pass life sentence oooooo
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by angiemartinez(f): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
amyg: 4 d sake of my weak heart,I wld rather nt pick his cal.I dnt even want 2 hear a lady's voice@d oda end

dis got me lauhgn, wat if d lady hapns 2 b a frnd of his, whom u knw very wel?
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
angiemartinez:
dis got me lauhgn, wat if d lady hapns 2 b a frnd of his, whom u knw very wel?
It is still wrong, unless you have his permission. . .
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Mynd44: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
It is wrong. What if the person calling wanted to know something and does not have a lot of airtime? You will just waste airtime with your "she is not around right now call later"
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by mspookie: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
if u pick my call, il kill u. on the other hand, some pple find it romantic lipsrsealed

different strokes for different folks
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Mynd44: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
ms pookie: if u pick my call, il kill u. on the other hand, some pple find it romantic lipsrsealed
Honestly it is annoying. Even my best friends don't pick my calls
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by richy5(m): 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
Why would i pick her call Even if i get her permission, der is still going to be a limit to it....I feel stressful even picking my call talkless of picking someone call and start talking craptology..Miss NL
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by richy5(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
ms pookie: if u pick my call, il kill u. on the other hand, some pple find it romantic lipsrsealed

what kinda romantiksm is dat?
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2012

lol, only kids find picking each others call romantic due to lack of other things to romance with.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Tyche(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Wife: If she's not closeby, I will.
Girlfriend: Nope.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by amyg(f): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2012
Tyche: Wife: If she's not closeby, I will.
Girlfriend: Nope.
So I should b taking ur cals after we r wedded?sweets
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by ice234: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2012
Abeg its better not to know than to know. Abeg no pick ur babe call make u for live long na
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2012
The only help I can do is to put the phone in silent mode but to receive the call? No be me
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by angiemartinez(f): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
d only way i can pick the call is when i knw d caller so wel. 4 strange number, no way
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by megareal: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2012
Very wrong. The person at the other end wants to speak to ME not YOU, simple. Ive never done it and neither has my partner. Its called PRIVACY and RESPECT.
Re: Is It Right/ Wrong To Pick Our Partners Call? by Ybutterfly: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
^^^^^^^^^ooooFfff COURSSSSSSSSSSSe^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(1) (Reply)

No Matter How Angry You Are With Your Man Would You Return His Diamond Gift Back / Wat Ve U Ever Achieved From Boyfriend N Gurlfriend Relationship / Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.