Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required (1159 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / If Nairaland Ladies' Opinions Reflected Reality... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by bittyend(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2012
Sharing a friend's problem with you guys. I'll talk in first person to allow you guys connect to his predicament to stimulate positive opinions.

So, I'm contemplating getting into a relationship again very soon, and like every deep thinking person would do; I had to go back in time into my past relationships to re-examine what went wrong in those relationships..

I started 'proper' relationships quite late in my late teens, and I've only been in two relationships. So, I don't consider myself to be that experienced when it comes to relationships. Before that, it was just getting with girls with no strings attached..

The two proper relationships I've ever been in were marred by accusations of my alleged selfishness (something that still bothers me till today). I've never been a selfish guy, even my greatest enemy would testify to that. But I still don't get why my exes thought I was selfish, yet we're still very close. Maybe it was because they loved and cared about me, more than I did about them.

Basically, I'm a thorough bred naija don, and self-love before others has always been my watchword since I learned how wicked the world and people were in a hard way.

Please ladies, I need honest opinions on how to curb this alleged 'selfishness'. I want my next relationship to be the last and final one...
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by whooplat: 3:01am On Jul 11, 2012
spead the love and you'd be aight.
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by bittyend(m): 4:43am On Jul 11, 2012
^How do you mean?
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by Mynd44: 6:51am On Jul 11, 2012
I think I will just sit back and read the responses
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by Caracta(f): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2012
He probably wasn't giving the previous girls his full attention. He has to find out what exactly led to the girls' accusations, then he can make ammends.
Show ur girl attention, make her feel she's d best thing that ever happened to u.
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by chikk(f): 8:58am On Jul 11, 2012
bittyend: Sharing a friend's problem with you guys. I'll talk in first person to allow you guys connect to his predicament to stimulate positive opinions.

So, I'm contemplating getting into a relationship again very soon, and like every deep thinking person would do; I had to go back in time into my past relationships to re-examine what went wrong in those relationships..

I started 'proper' relationships quite late in my late teens, and I've only been in two relationships. So, I don't consider myself to be that experienced when it comes to relationships. Before that, it was just getting with girls with no strings attached..

The two proper relationships I've ever been in were marred by accusations of my alleged selfishness (something that still bothers me till today). I've never been a selfish guy, even my greatest enemy would testify to that. But I still don't get why my exes thought I was selfish, yet we're still very close. Maybe it was because they loved and cared about me, more than I did about them.

Basically, I'm a thorough bred naija don, and self-love before others has always been my watchword since I learned how wicked the world and people were in a hard way.

Please ladies, I need honest opinions on how to curb this alleged 'selfishness'. I want my next relationship to be the last and final one...

interest @bold: why then do u say u're not selfish?
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by freecocoa(f): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2012
^ OP With the emboldened being your watchword,there's no disputing that you are a selfish person.
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2012
chikk:

interest @bold: why then do u say u're not selfish?

I tire o!!!!!!
@OP your question has been answered so why the noise? u have already admitted that your watch word is "SELF-LOVE BEFORE OTHERS" undecided
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by angiemartinez(f): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2012
@op i tink wat u shud do in ur next relatnshp is 2 try to creat time 4 her. Every woman nids atention, love , care n afection. Also b generous wit gifts. D day u dcide 2 have a lover marks d day of nt jst being one(urslf) alone. Relatnshp could b inconveniencing at times. So u must always put her in dat tight schdule of urs.
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by Mynd44: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
Interesting replies.
Re: Selfishness In Relationships...Ladies' Opinions Required by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
I think u v not met ur match in a relationship. Self-love or no self-love, u ll meet sm1 dt disorganizes ur love codes n rules. U ll find ursef relaxin n lovable cuz u v d right gal by u. If u really think u r selfish, then knowing ur fault is the begginin towards a change. So, all u nid is a the rite girl to love n help u to freely give your love.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Love Someone This Unconditionally / What Can A Guy Buy For His Female Friend As Her Birthday Present / Indecency In Our Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.