Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,393 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? (14145 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Men, Do You Consider A Woman's Boob Size? / Why Would You Consider A Second Wife ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by MrMandilas: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Very importankpa. No one wants to have a sickler. Love covereth all things no reach that one. If na lie ask Eucharia Anunobi. It will destroy ur plans in life.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Isaleeko2: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Alfoasegh:

Watch it man, most female SS are usually prone to crisis during pregnancies. I lost a female colleague who was SS and pregnant some years back during a crisis.
Best of luck.

Well maternal mortality rate in Nigeria is over 800/100000 pregnancies and one of the highest in the world. I bet not all of them have the SS genotype. I know a friend who is SS and she has two children already and they are doing very very well.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by AroOkigbo(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
izeek: Sickle cell is just like any other disease out there, and so shudn't be made the alpha decision when settling down!

When u r inlove, its mostly ur feelings that count!
Am not saying it shud not be discussed, neither am I saying it shud be ignored, however am saying it takes more that genotype to breakup a strong union!

Am married to an as, and also as, and believe it or not we have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl and they r both aa.

I av test results to show for them, before someone here says it me speaking by faith!

Its u and ur spouse really! Not ur folks, sibblings or even friends!
Lucky you but don't go on encouraging others to make your kind of MISTAKE. The day you hit an SS baby, all these your long grammer will end.

3 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Isaleeko2: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
mbatuku2: Everybody is AA in my family, and I dont intend introducing AS, talk less of SS, in our genes. I missed a very gorgeous chick because of this. I knew it was harsh, but no AS kids for me. AS is as bad as SS to me.

Good for you. You are probably going to miss many more gorgeous chicks... to keep your family bloodline clean.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
mbatuku2: Everybody is AA in my family, and I dont intend introducing AS, talk less of SS, in our genes. I missed a very gorgeous chick because of this. I knew it was harsh, but no AS kids for me. AS is as bad as SS to me.
I find myself wonder what kind of human being you are

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by maybel(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
Biyi1471:
Supported. It's not easy to raise SS kids. I used to have one elder SS sister and a lovely younger one.. God we lost both of them to sickle cell. I noticed that most SS are always beautiful and lovely kids. It was always painful to witness their crises. My parents went through hard times trying to keep and maintain them. Anyways, we lost them.
sorry friend. I agree with u,most of them are beautiful and some are intelligent too.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by mhsanni(f): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
izeek: Sickle cell is just like any other disease out there, and so shudn't be made the alpha decision when settling down!

Am not saying it shud not be discussed, neither am I saying it shud be ignored, however am saying it takes more that genotype to breakup a strong union!

Am married to an as, and also as, and believe it or not we have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl and they r both aa.

I av test results to show for them, before someone here says it me speaking by faith!

you are a very lucky sumbody is all i'd say abt ur own case... not everybody wud be so lucky. if uv eva seen a sickle cell individual during deir crisis ud realise such risk in d name of luv isnt worth it.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by nonesense: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't care perhaps because I don't believe that the reason for marriage is biological kids. You can always adopt.
i no sure say this guy fell perform...he don get injury for Prick and he must get pikin by all means grin grin grin
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
nonesense: i no sure say this guy fell perform...he don get injury for Prick and he must get pikin by all means grin grin grin
There is a relationship between what you types and your username. They are equal
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by timmy7(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012

dont take this guy serious o! The fact that he played double 6 in his own ludo game doesnt mean it will work for another. I have haeard of people like this guy who eventuall have 4 ss! I think you need to be better informed about sickle cell anamia, it is no joke!

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Roland17(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Its inevitable for me
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Dreystar(f): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012

Sickle cell isn't just like 'any other disease', be glad you dunno wat it means to suffer from sickle cell anemia!! Well, my advise for u- if u really love d life u're living now, stop at 2kids, cos biologically, for every 4kids raised by AS couples, at least 1 will suffer from Sickle cell!

Pray u don't know wat it means to father a Sickle Cell Anemia child!

3 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by jayokla: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
There are people with the genotype "SC", very rare though, but what are the likely genotypes of offsprings if an ÁS marries an SC...serious answers please. Thanks.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by maybel(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
There is a relationship between what you types and your username. They are equal
Habaa,u're too harsh oo!
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Water9430(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
As much as u want 2 believe knowing your gene type is not important b4 marriage, well it is. Get dis clear, its not a certainty 2 wot u're gonna give birth 2 if u're A.S marrying A.S. Its just a probability that their is 25% prob that its going 2 be an AA, 50% AS and 25% SS. U're just going 2 donate 1 treat, and d opposite sex will also donate 1. Mind u, its applicable 2 each birth. Its not worth it 2 give birth 2 a child that u know their is probability that d child is going 2 suffer. Well, my conclusion is, its complicated
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by maybel(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
jayokla: There are people with the genotype "SC", very rare though, but what are the likely genotypes of offsprings if an ÁS marries an SC...serious answers please. Thanks.
I've heard about this SC of a thing but i dont know what wil happen if they marry AS.But i think d best thing for both is to avoid eachother. D probability of having SS is 25%.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by mhsanni(f): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
jayokla: There are people with the genotype "SC", very rare though, but what are the likely genotypes of offsprings if an ÁS marries an SC...serious answers please. Thanks.

AS
AC
SS
SC

25% chance of any of the above for each pregnancy.

THEY SHUDN'T EVEN CONSIDER A COURTSHIP TALKLESS OF MARRIAGE & HAVN KIDS.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by tiebe: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
abeg, this izeek guy, its all well and good that things worked out well for you. but please, don't go around preaching ur case as the norm. it does not always turn out the way yours did. while i'm happy for you, i'd advice anyone who's planning to marry AS to AS to reconsider o. the thing is no joke. all that talk of love i feel is crap cos no b u go carry the possible SS. its the innocent children who had no say in their being born. and i think its a lil irresponsible to play kalu-kalu with their lives.

I have an aunty who's AS and married an AS man. their first child is AA and the 2nd is SS and i'm sure their many more couples like that. i know God can work wonders and faith is good. but men, if u knw say you no get track record of God doing outstanding things in ur life, dnt gamble. cos that's basically all it is, a Gamble. I dnt think its right to walk into a situation knowing its not right and then tempt God by saying He has to give u AA/AS children then blame Him if it doesnt work.

Anyways, i'm no pastor or genealogist (or what ever the pple who study these geneoype thing are called). but my advice is check it ur genotype out and if na AS and AS, fash o!
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by femi4: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

u should care! if shes SS, U r liable to have one or more amongst yr kids, except in rare cases.
Its not possible for AA and SS to bring forth SS. The only possible outcome is AS
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by pecopeco: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
1oo% sure
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Yes, what's wrong with being 'well informed' in a marriage? At least you went in, with your eyes open.

And, what's wrong with having peace and rest of mind in it - free from serious illnesses that runs in the family,
for the rest of your lives, together?

Abi, do you want to swap peace, joy and happiness for love that is tinged with hassle and pain?? undecided

If so get on with your lot and good luck!
[/size]
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by slimyem: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
Freiburger: ^^Are you saying the next question i'm supposed to ask a girl after introducing myself is, if she mind visiting the Lab with me?
not really...but as soon as you know she's a lady you can get serious with,ask the question!
Saves you future heartaches and troubles!

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Dreystar(f): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2012

SC and SS are well related, my advice- No AS should try marrying any geneotype with an 'S'
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
maybel: Habaa,u're too harsh oo!
When he did his own, how come nobody talked?

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by OILOFGLADNESS: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
I AM SUPRISE AT THIS QUESTION OR TOPIC AND I DONT WANT TO READ COMMENT COS I MAY BE MOR SHOCKED,
ABEG MY FRIENDS NEVER JOKE WITH BLOOD TESTS BEFORE PROPOSAL, EVEN WHILE YOU GUYS ARE GETTING ALONG BEFORE THE LOVE SYDROME BECOMES AN ISSUE YOU SHOUL KNOW HER BLOOD GROUP AND GENOTYPE TO AVOID INCOPACTIBLE AND COMPLICATIONS DURING CHILD BIRTH, ESPECIALLY IF THE LADY HAD DONE ONE ABORTION OR MORE.

LOVE IS NOT FOOLISHNESS, NOT AT ALL, YOU CAN EVEN SHOW LOVE TO SOMEBODY WHEN YOU KNOW THAQT YOU BOTH ARE NOT COMPACTIBLE, YOU ASK HINM OR HER AS THE CASE MAY BE THAT YOU LOVE HIM, THAT IS WHY YOU MUST END THE R/SHIP OR THAT IS WHY I MUST NOT MARRY YOU.

ONCE AGAIN I SAY IN THIS NAIRALAND. NOT ALL LOVE ENDS IN MARRIAGE!!!!!

CHEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FURTHERMORE,
PLS WHATEVER YOU DO , WHATEVER DESCISON YOU TAKE THINK OF THE INTEREST OF YOUR FUTURE/UNBORN CHILDREN.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by dohyn(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
Firstly,let me correct this probability misconception..if u are AS and ur partner is AS,ur child can either be AA,AS or SS. This means that each pregnancy can only be one of the 3 and it's possible all the pregnancies are AA,AS or SS. There's nothing like 25% probability. U could lucky to have all ur kids AA and also, SS. I hope u get my drift. As for the AS,SC matter,it's not common..what we do have is AC,which is just like AS. I guess SC occurs when an AS marries an AC and they have a child with the SC genotype,which is just like SS but I can assure u,it's a worse type..so,if an AS marries an SC,the combinations that can result are AS,SS and SC. These means that each/all child(ren) borne can have any of the above combinations. It doesn't matter if u have 10 kids. The scenario is the same for each pregnancy and the best one can hope for is an AS. I hope I helped some
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by yommy2sure(m): 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
For emphaciess....check, check, check...i dont think some overrated love or blind faith shld be the reason for anyone to gamble with bringing another ss child to the world. Their crisis no be poor man trouble...eventhough my parents no go school...im thankful im AA.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by cindyrella(f): 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
Oh yeah definatly!
I wouldn't want to bring innocent children to this world to suffer.. cool
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by akanbiaa(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Its not the question of going for genotype test before marriage that is important but before even starting a relationship it is the questions that you must ask after the usual what's your name?where are you from?where do you school or work?and wwhat are your likes and dislikes.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by pat077: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
i'm AA and d only tin dat ll make me marry an ss is if she's Dangote's daughter.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
pat077: i'm AA and d only tin dat ll make me marry an ss is if she's Dangote's daughter.
Thief
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Lollycutie(f): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2012

.I support you,people lik u are those we need in the society 2day.love and comfortability is no longer a thing in and affair?its now weda ur genotype match?some pple suck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Signs She Enjoys Having $ex With You / My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? / Can A Lady Stay 3_4 Months Without Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.