Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? (25598 Views)

Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / 5 Hot Business You Can Start With 10,000-100,000,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by carsellerz: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
@poster..hence u are in UK, u can buy aot of UK used BB or Ipad and bring them over here...it profitable..2 of my cousins are doing it and they are really making a hell of money
that on the other side u are desperate to leave the UK ooooo.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Paentera(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
ttlabi: I graduated and left Nigeria for UK more than 15yrs ago, was suppose to do my masters but never get to do it. Since I came to UK I have been doing all kinds of odd jobs and barely surviving. Now am in my early 40s, tired and disappointed with nothing/little I have achieved. I have 2 kids living with their mum. And all I can show for my life struggle in all these years is just about £10,000.

I cannot continue like this.

Please can I make it in Nigeria? What can I do? Please advice me.

Please no fraudulent advice, I can smell fraud 1,000 miles away and I have never fallen to one, so don’t bother suggest one.

Thanks for your good advices in advance.

Just PM'd you. Kindly check your inbox
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ektbear: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
ifyalways:
@OP,supplying on cash and carry bases ONLY of clothes, BB, laptops, weave on etc is quite lucrative here. Get a strong network before you try that though.
Whatever you do, never hand out your money to anyone!

Who will buy the items, though?

Let's say you import weave. Or laptops. And are importing 100-200 used laptops at a time.

Will you have to sell them off individually, one by one?

Or is there some bulk buyer you can sell all 200 off to?
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
oyb: the other big problem the op might face is culture shock

in naija oyo - your own power , your own water, your own security, crazy vehicle maintenance . . .and a guy without a corporate job is an accident away from serious penury

Talk like these are just negative and portrays you as a saddist. In the last 6 to 8 years, the number of cars on Nigerian roads has doubled. I know that because I did a project on that. Anyone living in Lagos knows that too. If Nigeria was as bad as some of you portray, this wouldnt be the case. Nigeria produces millioniers everyday. Walk into any church and check how the people have grown financially over the last four years and you will be amazed. The number of cars in the car parks have probably quadrupled over the last few years. It is easy and fashionable to peddle doom. It is the lazy option.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
ttlabi: I graduated and left Nigeria for UK more than 15yrs ago, was suppose to do my masters but never get to do it. Since I came to UK I have been doing all kinds of odd jobs and barely surviving. Now am in my early 40s, tired and disappointed with nothing/little I have achieved. I have 2 kids living with their mum. And all I can show for my life struggle in all these years is just about £10,000.

I cannot continue like this.

Please can I make it in Nigeria? What can I do? Please advice me.

Please no fraudulent advice, I can smell fraud 1,000 miles away and I have never fallen to one, so don’t bother suggest one.

Thanks for your good advices in advance.

Brother, £10k isn't a lot of money - but you can start up with importing goods from china, and exporting the to Nigeria... I've an aunt who imports weaves and footwear from China, and sells them in Nigeria..

Start with that, and make sure you build a house in Nigeria before going back....

Just make sure you take that £10,000 out of the UK before you spend the whole on bills.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mrkels(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
That's small for a long time there bro
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
selling things is cool but that doesn't work for everybody, don't forget people will look at the OP like he's back from jand and he should be loaded,if you can speak french, got to Benin republic, there currency is like 5 times worse than Nigeria's, you will buy a house in Port novo or Cotonou for about N500k,if its the cost you are thinking of, lol. But on a serious note except you have been frequently visiting Nigeria and you are from the east do not go into buying and selling.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Weaves and footwear (replicas) sell like hotcake in Nigeria..

I know people who come to London from Nigeria to buy them..

Use your money wisely.. But there's a lot of money to be made in Nigeria..

Perfumes as well sell like hot cake.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by carsellerz: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
ekt_bear:

Who will buy the items, though?

Let's say you import weave. Or laptops. And are importing 100-200 used laptops at a time.

Will you have to sell them off individually, one by one?

Or is there some bulk buyer you can sell all 200 off to?

Well I must tell u that if u bring in 200pcs of BB or Laptops, there are ppl ready to pay u off at Computer village..and buy everything from u..
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by DAY12(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
My Advice- Nigeria is not SAFE anymore!

Stay there and invest ya money or better still come here to build a 6 blocks of flat and rent it out.

Bombing, Kidnapping, ohhh thats not good cry
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Fourcade(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
What about your transport fare if you have made your decision ? undecided
Is it included in the £10k? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Meritgoal(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
@ poster, I'll advice you go into exportation of farm produce, it's very lucrative. But you'll need to come backhome.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
carsellerz: @poster..hence u are in UK, u can buy a lot of UK used BB or Ipad and bring them over here...it profitable..2 of my cousins are doing it and they are really making a hell of money
that on the other side u are desperate to leave the UK ooooo.
this works for them cos they have the cliques on ground that can supply ready customers. it is not easy o, for Lagos wey men eye dey chuk, you enter immediately and you begin to move into supplying, you need contacts and reliable ones too before you venture into something like that.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
carsellerz:
Well I must tell u that if u bring in 200pcs of BB or Laptops, there are ppl ready to pay u off at Computer village..and buy everything from u..

But he can't really make that much profits on BBs, or laptops if he's buying them straight from the company..

The only way he can make profit is to buy them from the Naija 419 ring in London who sell them for half-price..

Good replicas (footwear) will double his money because they look like the original - and he can sell them at a price lower than the prices they sell them for in naija shops or whatever they call them in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
DAY11.:

Stay there and invest ya money or better still come here to build a 6 blocks of flat and rent it out.

Have you been bombed or kidnapped before? How many members of your family have been bomb and kidnapped before? It is wrong to spread falsehood. That newspapers write sensational headlines doesnt mean the whole Nigeria is being bombed and kidnapped. Most of Nigeria are just going about their business
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by August21(m): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
I believe dere re thousand nd 1 tins u cn do wt ur money. It depends. U kno most of us youths like quick wealth. If u wan2 build up ur bizness frm scratch let me kno. U can go into marketing of some products...nd etc. Just get in touch.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by xJaysonx(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
Fourcade: What about your transport fare if you have made your decision ? undecided
Is it included in the £10k? undecided

LOL!
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ektbear: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
carsellerz:

By 'ppl', do you mean individuals? Or one large guy/shop/company who will buy all 200 at once?

For me, I would love to start importing things into Nigeria. But don't want to also have to open up a shop to dispose of the goods, or deal with selling one by one.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Paentera(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
Paentera:

Just PM'd you. Kindly check your inbox

Opportunities abound for you while in UK without leaving there - all you need to do is to service Nigerian businesses that need assistance with UK leg work. Like I mentioned in my earlier post - check your NL inbox.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
My dear, I am a returnee and i tell you out of experience. the best decision i ever made in my life was to come home and settle down. follow these steps
1. don't be afraid of anything
2. put shyness and pride aside
3. limit your commitment to the problems in your family back home here
4. find a good friend here in 9ja to stay with a while when you return
5. when coming purchase some used items that can sell in Nigerian market e.g phones, laptops, clothes, etc.
6. arrange with an elder in your family for a snappy traditional wedding and get a wife here asap
7. once you are back keep in touch with us in Nairaland and keep us updated as you progress so we can proffer useful advice

finally, you can not divide yourself into two and talking out of experience those kids we have outside belong to their mother (believe it or not)be sure you have a talk with your kids and their mum and when you are home here always keep in touch with them. am saying this because am sure the oyibo woman no go ever follow you come stay here. 15yrs is nothing compare to how long people waste abroad, many have died, many still have no hope of returning any day, many are in jail and face deportation after their jail term. the good news is that you are alive, healthy and you still have your credentials as a graduate here, more over you are already a millionaire in Naira and you can get your self a job here if you do not wish to do bizness. so pls welcome home and be sure you make your plans well to avoid having problems with the mother of your kids. good luck to you.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
Business plan...

China to Nigeria...

£10,000 on Chinese goods will get you loads of stuff to sell, and double your money within a month...

Just travel to china, and spend your money wisely.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
carsellerz:

He cannot bring in 200pcs of BB or laptops. His entire fund is £10k. You have to factor in transport, accommodation, etc
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
@ poster WHATEVER decision you will take just don't do anything that will make ur children swear for you......as soon as £10,000 smells mma or nnamdi airport the value has dropped to 250,000....the best thing is to keep the cash in ur uk bank, leave ur wife and kids with their mum,share holy communion wiv dem and come and re-huzzle ere if ur formular works then fyne if not abeg comot....
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
Paentera:
Opportunities abound for you while in UK without leaving there - all you need to do is to service Nigerian businesses that need assistance with UK leg work. Like I mentioned in my earlier post - check your NL inbox.

Lol!!

You're trying to get the guy in trouble... grin

The guy is tired of the UK, let him to do his legit business.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex: Business plan...

China to Nigeria...

£10,000 on Chinese goods will get you loads of stuff to sell, and double your money within a month...

Just travel to china, and spend your money wisely.

You guys are still not factoring other stuff. Transport, Accommodation, etc. Return ticket to china alone is like 400k.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by etchel(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
OP. if i wanted to say a thing i will say right from the onset you never planned well and that has brought you to this current problem. Start afresh by planning. In summary come back look for a problem and solve it believe me the money will roll in. #mOnEy NoR Be PrObLem

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ektbear: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
I think China makes sense if you are buying new electronics and want to sell in Nigeria.

But if you want used stuff, just buy in UK/US and ship...no point going to China.
thi
However, the difficulty I've found in my small experience is actually getting rid of the electronics quickly once you've imported it...things seem to take too long to move.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Siga: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
Una dey advise this guy to go China...go Russia...go Azerbijan....do we know whether hin get passport or visa to move around?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
ekt_bear: I think China makes sense if you are buying new electronics and want to sell in Nigeria.

But if you want used stuff, just buy in UK/US and ship...no point going to China.

However, the difficulty I've found in my small experience is actually getting rid of the electronics quickly once you've imported it...
on point. wink
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
DAY11.:

and you think it will continue forever? get a life dude, where is safe? answer me....no matter how bad you guys paint this country, it will continue to flourish, am sure you are not in nigeria but if you are, i challenge you to come out of any busy road nearest to you and watch, those cars and suvs you see belong to nigerians in nigeria. ok from your apartment look out and see houses and mansions, they all belong to nigerians, gawd!! some times you guys talk as if nigeria is hell.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
ekt_bear: I think China makes sense if you are buying new electronics and want to sell in Nigeria.

thi
However, the difficulty I've found in my small experience is actually getting rid of the electronics quickly once you've imported it...things seem to take too long to move.

you just need to get a market

eg young males /females working in corporate nigeria are often given to ostentation esp when they are unmarried

once you have an in in a few banks , your stuff will move sharp sharp

your challenge may be getting your money
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
Siga: Una dey advise this guy to go China...go Russia...go Azerbijan....do we know whether hin get passport or visa to move around?

What happened to drop shipping?

The internet has made everything easy.. You don't even need to travel to china to get it done - he can do it online...

I help people online all the time, and I help them ring china..

It's easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar / Man Loses N180,000 To ‘magic’ Driver (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.