Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? (25604 Views)

Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / 5 Hot Business You Can Start With 10,000-100,000,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
991: My dear, I am a returnee and i tell you out of experience. the best decision i ever made in my life was to come home and settle down. follow these steps
1. don't be afraid of anything
2. put shyness and pride aside
3. limit your commitment to the problems in your family back home here
4. find a good friend here in 9ja to stay with a while when you return
5. when coming purchase some used items that can sell in Nigerian market e.g phones, laptops, clothes, etc.
6. arrange with an elder in your family for a snappy traditional wedding and get a wife here asap
7. once you are back keep in touch with us in Nairaland and keep us updated as you progress so we can proffer useful advice

finally, you can not divide yourself into two and talking out of experience those kids we have outside belong to their mother (believe it or not)be sure you have a talk with your kids and their mum and when you are home here always keep in touch with them. am saying this because am sure the oyibo woman no go ever follow you come stay here. 15yrs is nothing compare to how long people waste abroad, many have died, many still have no hope of returning any day, many are in jail and face deportation after their jail term. the good news is that you are alive, healthy and you still have your credentials as a graduate here, more over you are already a millionaire in Naira and you can get your self a job here if you do not wish to do bizness. so pls welcome home and be sure you make your plans well to avoid having problems with the mother of your kids. good luck to you.

I am sorry to disagree with items 4 and 6. For is very subjective. Staying with friends can ruin you faster than anything. If it worked for you, then you must be a lucky guy. In Naija, if you stay with friends, they could become real parasites. You might end up taking care of them. They might even steal your stuff and sabotage you. You must be careful with that.

For item 6, that must really be a joke. Do you even know what marriage is. Marriage will wreck you faster than anything if you marry the wrong person. Marrying from a village is definitely the most stup1d thing to do in this age. Those village girls are the worst thing in the world. Dont even go there my brother. You might end up murdering somebody.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Paentera(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex:

Lol!!

You're trying to get the guy in trouble... grin

The guy is tired of the UK, let him to do his legit business.

What're u going on about? Definitely if not legit why would I be putting it across to him here? Coming home won't probably solve all his problems, I daresay its lack of knowing how to tap into the opportunities in UK all this while that has put him in his present situation though I salute his courage to save as much as he has over the years no matter how much it has added up to.

A lot of people are going on and on about buying and selling - I am sure these were some of the things he was pissed off about and made him head to UK. A salesman doesn't give up - they're persistent, so in that one statement, I know he won't have the nerve to start doing sales at 40 yrs plus. Na fact.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mannet(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
@OP,i will advise u seat ur ass down in UK & neva tink of coming back cos Naija is hell,no mata wat u guys are facing in UK,people here are looking 4 a means to get out,even people wit an investment capital of £100,000 fail due to wrong investment advise frm dick & harry,419, power failure & other forces.But if u insist on investing in Nigeria,the only secure investment is property biz;buy plots of land wit genuine & verified papers in selectd locations i wil giv u,fense it or lease it/buy a house & use it 4 rent in d nxt 5 years or more come & tank me cos u might b having 500% ROI. Goodluck
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by carsellerz: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Paentera:

Opportunities abound for you while in UK without leaving there - all you need to do is to service Nigerian businesses that need assistance with UK leg work. Like I mentioned in my earlier post - check your NL inbox.

When i said ppl i meant a seller or group of sellers could come together and buy the entire pcs off you as long as you make it profitable to them and in turn you make u own profit from it too..shekina
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Used stuff in the UK are as expensive as the new ones especially when it comes to electronics...

UK isn't like America - things work differently in this country..

If you live in the UK, China is your best option.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by CeeK1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
Whatever you do, dont mess with them

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
Before I leave this thread( some people may not like this comment) but OP sounds like a yoruba man, his kids are probably from a white woman, he went to do his masters and he could not achieve that? embarassed
I think when coming to Nigeria go back to your roots and do some spiritual investigation, for that same Uk, naija boys without paper are running things, until the law catches up with them, so your inability to make it there should be a cause for concern.Or else naija can be worse than Uk if someone is keeping tabs on you metaphysically.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
@poster, £10,000 is not JUST.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Siga: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
Do people still pay full in naija? The last time I sold some cars...omo...na war to collect half the money ooo... undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ektbear: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
oyb:

you just need to get a market

eg young males /females working in corporate nigeria are often given to ostentation esp when they are unmarried

once you have an in in a few banks , your stuff will move sharp sharp

your challenge may be getting your money

If I am 100% sure that I'll be able to move the electronics and make 10% profit after expenses, or heck, 5%, I'll find the money.

I have family and friends I can borrow from, if needed

Alright, maybe I will look into it again.

Used laptops are so cheap here. Heck, new laptops you can buy for N50k or so here..but I don't have a distribution network in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
Paentera:
What're u going on about? Definitely if not legit why would I be putting it across to him here? Coming home won't probably solve all his problems, I daresay its lack of knowing how to tap into the opportunities in UK all this while that has put him in his present situation though I salute his courage to save as much as he has over the years no matter how much it has added up to.

A lot of people are going on and on about buying and selling - I am sure these were some of the things he was pissed off about and made him head to UK. A salesman doesn't give up - they're persistent, so in that one statement, I know he won't have the nerve to start doing sales at 40 yrs plus. Na fact.

£10k can't start any profitable legit business in the UK except he adds extra stuffs that're dodgy.. The bills, rent, council tax etc..

Ok, he's going to be self-employed and avoid tax - then what?

Let the guy use his money wisely before bills and rent take everything away from him... grin
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Siga: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
lari03: Before I leave this thread( some people may not like this comment) but OP sounds like a yoruba man, his kids are probably from a white woman, he went to do his masters and he could not achieve that? embarassed
I think when coming to Nigeria go back to your roots and do some spiritual investigation, for that same Uk, naija boys without paper are running things, until the law catches up with them, so your inability to make it there should be a cause for concern.Or else naija can be worse than Uk if someone is keeping tabs on you metaphysically.
Bros...u mean gan ooo...which kain level u carry this go now....ha ba... undecided
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
ekt_bear:

If I am 100% sure that I'll be able to move the electronics and make 10% profit after expenses, or heck, 5%, I'll find the money.

I have family and friends I can borrow from, if needed

Alright, maybe I will look into it again.

Used laptops are so cheap here. Heck, new laptops you can buy for N50k or so here..but I don't have a distribution network in Nigeria.

start small , so that you can get a feel for nigerian issues
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by carsellerz: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
edicolove:

He cannot bring in 200pcs of BB or laptops. His entire fund is £10k. You have to factor in transport, accommodation, etc

Thanks that answer was to someone else who asked for it..not to the OP fanks again
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by edicolove: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
lari03: Before I leave this thread( some people may not like this comment) but OP sounds like a yoruba man, his kids are probably from a white woman, he went to do his masters and he could not achieve that? embarassed

So you are advising him to become a criminal in the UK. Just imagine your advise. Na you need serious spiritual help. Do you know how many Nigerians are in jail in the UK? Do you know how many Nigerians are begging in the UK? Out of a 100% of people I know have gone to the UK, only like 15% have been successful. The rest are just surviving and unlike Nigeria, you are own your own

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
edicolove:

I am sorry to disagree with items 4 and 6. For is very subjective. Staying with friends can ruin you faster than anything. If it worked for you, then you must be a lucky guy. In Naija, if you stay with friends, they could become real parasites. You might end up taking care of them. They might even steal your stuff and sabotage you. You must be careful with that.

For item 6, that must really be a joke. Do you even know what marriage is. Marriage will wreck you faster than anything if you marry the wrong person. Marrying from a village is definitely the most stup1d thing to do in this age. Those village girls are the worst thing in the world. Dont even go there my brother. You might end up murdering somebody.

i got your point dear, however, when i said family elder, it must not be from village. considering his age i think he should get married here asap for many reasons which i may not narrate here. as regard to a friend here, i think a man @40 should have a decent friend that he can trust, not necessarily reveal his secret to but at least stay with while he looks for his own apartment.
thanks though for the insight, we ain't perfect you know!
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mrperfect(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
With good planning you can do a lot with that.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Paentera(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex:

£10k can't start any profitable legit business in the UK except he adds extra stuffs that're dodgy.. The bills, rent, council tax etc..

Ok, he's going to be self-employed and avoid tax - then what?

Let the guy use his money wisely before bills and rent take everything away from him... grin

PM me...I'm waiting.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
Siga: Bros...u mean gan ooo...which kain level u carry this go now....ha ba... undecided
men I don see and for real shit happens, i know people that they call baba london and they come here and die wretched, reality check is what I am saying o, you know say na wetin you see with your eye you go feel, no matter how another person visualize e no fit be real except the man wey dey the condition.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ttlabi: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
Thank you all for your advices.

Some answers:

My family is not coming back with me

There is a family house I can stay in Lagos for some months when I come.

Yes, if worse come to the worse, I can still come back to UK. (But I wish I wont have to come back to resume this life)

One of my regrets is not furthering my education or acquiring any new skill, worked most of my life at a warehouse.

Yes am disciplined, hardworking and am a good manager of resources.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2012

How many fraudsters are that successful, anyway?

Most of them lead faux lives - drive nice cars, wear designers they swiped, but can't afford fuel and live on noodles diet.. grin grin

You're ignorant! undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mekaboy(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
[b] YOU CAN MAKE IT IN NIGERIA WITH 10K.(2.5M), IN SHORT BROSS, YOU ARE A BIG BOY IN NIGERIA WITH THAT MONEY, YOU AND DANGOTE WILL BE RIVALS grin grin grin grin. ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE. DONT MIND ALL THESE PEOPLE SCARING YOU, NIGERIA IS RIPE FOR BUSINESS. I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION PERFECTLY AND WILL HELP YOU WITH THIS ADVICE.

FIRST OF ALL: DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE UK WHEN YOU COME BACK? CAN YOU VISIT OFTEN WHEN YOUR IN NIGERIA? IF YES NO PROBLEM, IF NO, NO PROBLEM TOO . grin grin grin

1, BEFORE COMING BACK TO NIGERIA, FIND OUT PRICES OF GADGETS AND CLOTHING ACCESSORIES LIKE (BLACKBERRY PHONES,IPOD, SHOES, T-SHIRT,COOPERATE SHIRTS ETC) IN NIGERIA. FIND A PLACE YOU CAN GET GOOD ONES AT REALLY GOOD PRICE IN UK. BUY ITEMS WORTH 600K.

2, YOU HAVE 1.9M LEFT- 600K SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOU A SINGLE ROOM APARTMENT WITH SOME MINOR FURNISHING, DEPENDING ON WHERE YOUR BASED IN NIGERIA.

3,YOU HAVE 1.3M LEFT- NOW, BEFORE ANYTHING, STEADY INCOME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, NO MATER HOW SMALL. ESTABLISH A BUSINESS/BUSINESSES THAT WILL GIVE YOU STEADY INCOME WITH 1M. E.G. YOU CAN BUY 2 GOOD USED CARS FOR 450K EACH . GIVE IT OUT FOR TAXI AND THEY WILL BOTH ACCOUNT A MINIMUM OF N1,500 EACH DAILY . THIS MEANS YOU MAKE N3,000 DAILY. OR YOU CAN SET UP A BABRBING SALON FOR 600K AND GET A TAXI FOR 400K. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE STAYING, YOU SHOULD BE AIRMING AT 3-5K DAILY INCOME. I KNOW PEOPLE WILL RAISE THE ISSUE OF TRUST AND TELL YOUR THEY WILL EAT YOUR MONEY, ITS TRUE BUT I,LL TELL YOU HOW TO ESCAPE THAT.

ONCE YOU ARIVE, GO TO THE NEAREST PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, AND GET A DOCUMENT TO STATE THAT YOU HAVE VERY LIGHT MENTAL DISORDER. KEEP THE DOCUMENT DOWN FOR FUTURE USE. WHEN SOMEBODY TRIES TO MESS WITH YOUR MONEY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ANY PHYSICAL LENGHT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK (USING BLOWS,BOTTLE,MATCHET ETC). WHEN THE POLICE GETS INVOLVED, PRESENT THAT DOCUMENT. THERE WILL BE NO CASE, AFTER ALL YOU ARE A MAD MAN, AND THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT A MAD MAN CAN DO. AND THE PERSON THAT DECIDED TO MESS WITH A MAD MANS MONEY MUST BE MAD AS WELL. SO ITS A CASE OF 2 MAD PEOPLE grin grin grin grin.

4,NOW PUT THE REMAINING 300K IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR EXPENSES FOR THE NEXT 4 MONTHS (FEEDING, TRANSPORT, ETC).

5, NOW YOU HAVE A BUSINESS THAT GENERATES 90K MONTHLY FOR YOU.

6, SELL THE ITEMS YOU BROUGHT FROM UK, BY THE TIME YOU FINISH SELLING THOSE ITEMS YOU BOUGHT FOR 600K, YOU SHOULD BE MAKING AT LEAST 150-200K PROFIT. NOW YOU HAVE 800K.

7, YOU ALREADY HAVE PEOPLE IN UK, YOU CAN ORDER STUFF OF 800K, BRING IT IN SELL AND MAKE 200K PROFIT, YOU HAVE 1M NOW.

8 , SINCE YOU HAVE A BUSINESS THAT TAKES CARE OF YOUR BASIC NEEDS, YOU KEEP TURNING THIS 1M OVER TILL IT BECOMES 5MIL IN A SHORT WHILE. YOU CAN BE BRINGING IN CONTAINER LOADS AND MAKING UP TO 4-500K PROFIT ON ONE SHIPMENT.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A HOUSE TO STAY, THEN U CAN INVEST THE 600K AS WELL INTO YOUR TRADE OR MONTHLY INCOME BUSINESS AND MAKE UP TO 110K MONTHLY

I DID NOT INCLUDE YOUR TICKET COME BACK IN THIS ESTIMATE. ITS NOT AS EASY AT IT SOUNDS, BUT ITS POSSIBLE. GOODLUCK.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by igosee: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
You can use the money to import goods from China, if Nigeria is not friendly to import such goods, check nearby Africa countries like Benin or Togo, you can import ladies shoes or men shoes, but you make inquires what is envoke in the market, Do not give money to anybody to do it for you, 10,000 dollars a big amount to start

You can be a cement dealer in Nigeria, you can as well engage in supplier of building materials to builders and collect your money on delivery without credit

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Fourcade(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
mrperfect: With good planning you can do a lot with that.
Op is married with Kids...i think you missed that cheesy
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by cinolala(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
yes. There ar not of biz u can invest in. But u most b ready to face reality. Can u manage, ready to hussle?
if yes. Then dont just hit d road. Ask or tall to trusted frnds nd relation to assest naija market nd advise u. Secondly if possible let ur kids stay back. Wen u are well settle down u can call for dem. Gud luck bro
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
ttlabi: Thank you all for your advices.

Some answers:

Yes, if worse come to the worse, I can still come back to UK. (But I wish I wont have to come back to resume this life)

One of my regrets is not furthering my education or acquiring any new skill, worked most of my life at a warehouse.

You should have at least done your MSc. on part time before the home student fees were increased.. sad
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2012

Some answers:

Welcome home my brother. but please don't handle it as point and kill, take your time to plan on it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
edicolove:

So you are advising him to become a criminal in the UK. Just imagine your advise. Na you need serious spiritual help. Do you know how many Nigerians are in jail in the UK? Do you know how many Nigerians are begging in the UK? Out of a 100% of people I know have gone to the UK, only like 15% have been successful. The rest are just surviving and unlike Nigeria, you are own your own
you dont get my point, my point is there is some spiritual aspect to this that he needs to attend to, just like you noted people doing criminal stuff doesnt mean he should, but then if you look closely,why would a graduate be thinking of coming back to Nigeria after 15years?
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by solomon111(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Most of the ideas on this thread is all about buying and selling.
How long will we continue with our consuming behaviour.
Was that how UK became what it is today?
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by AjanleKoko: 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2012

Some answers:

What kind of work did you do at the warehouse? You might be able to get a job in manufacturing in Nigeria. There are a lot of indigenous manufacturing concerns.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Paentera(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
lari03: you dont get my point, my point is there is some spiritual aspect to this that he needs to attend to, just like you noted people doing criminal stuff doesnt mean he should, but then if you look closely,why would a graduate be thinking of coming back to Nigeria after 15years?

Chief, not everyone hits gold when they move abroad, especially UK - its a façade that a lot of people display when they come back home. This dude is only facing reality.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by barnaby04(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
With such money, depending on what you have in mind, you can start small in Nigeria in it and make ur cool money. The only option you have is to go into buying and selling of things that are cheap and readily available in UK that you believes will sell well in Nigeria which would be a good start.

Also as regards your wife, why not think of investing in her to start trade in african food items like Garri, Elubo, vegetables and the rest cos these are in high demand outside the shores of Nigeria and also, you can as well look for places you can get all these cheap refurbished and used Blackberries, Ipads, Laptops and the rest, you will definately make ur cool money from the sales of these items cos used items thrives well in naija.

Take the bold step today cos i dont really fancy wasting once productive years in that tax killing country that has nuthing to offer in this present world, but if you can really open and shine your eyes, you will see that opportunities abounds.

Best of Luck broh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / Man Loses N180,000 To ‘magic’ Driver (pictured) / Learn Forex Trading (absolutely Free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.