Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,354 members, 7,954,418 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? (25941 Views)

Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / 5 Hot Business You Can Start With 10,000-100,000,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by jidewash(m): 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hi
I want u 2 consider farming,poultry is d best.wit 10000£ u can raise 2000 birds.dats like 55crates in a day.a crate is 650#.wit dis u are not going 2 regret in life.
I can be of help if u want this.

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by sydneyboma: 5:42am On Mar 13, 2013
ttlabi: I graduated and left Nigeria for UK more than 15yrs ago, was suppose to do my masters but never get to do it. Since I came to UK I have been doing all kinds of odd jobs and barely surviving. Now am in my early 40s, tired and disappointed with nothing/little I have achieved. I have 2 kids living with their mum. And all I can show for my life struggle in all these years is just about £10,000.

I cannot continue like this.

Please can I make it in Nigeria? What can I do? Please advice me.

Please no fraudulent advice, I can smell fraud 1,000 miles away and I have never fallen to one, so don’t bother suggest one.

Thanks for your good advices in advance.

GRAB N1 – N40 MILLION GRANT (MONEY BACK GUARANTEE)
HURRY AND ORDER FOR THE MANUAL NOW!
30 % DISCOUNT ONLY ON THE 14TH MARCH.
ORDERING INSTRUCTION: TO ORDER FOR THE MANUAL PAY
N5000 INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT AT ACCESS BANK PLC.
RECEIVE e MANUAL IN YOUR EMAIL BOX IN 5 MINUTES AFTER PAYMENT
SEND I HAVE PAID TO EMAIL: sydnero4u@yahoo.com, 08033101493
CALL SYDNEY FOR ACCOUNT INFO
OFFICE: NO 46 OBI- WALI ROAD RUMUIGBO PORT HARCOURT.

*********Some Update: ************

Thank you all for your advices.

Some answers:

My family is not coming back with me

There is a family house I can stay in Lagos or Ogun State for some months when I come.

Yes, if worse to the worse, I can still find go back to UK. (But I wish I wont have to come back to resume this life)

One of my regrets is not furthering my education or acquiring any new skill, worked most of my life at a warehouse.

Yes am hardworking and a good manager of resources.

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by DBounty(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who told u Ekiti is poor? U nid 2 come down 2 level. Agric products-yam,maiz,charcoal,cocoa,plantain,forestry,etc etc are stil lying wastin there. Anyone humble wil make cool cash without any embarras lik in som oda places.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by maybel(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
buzugee: hate your mother for birthing such a r-etard like you

OP- i am going to give you a good advise. ignore all these clowns. everything they are suggesting requires an element of luck. buying and selling is a razz mans business. after 15 years in the uk i am not sure you want to stoop that low. my advice ? see if you can persevere for like 3 more months in the uk. go to city colleges like manchester city college. what you need is not a degree like these clowns are suggesting. what you need is a trade. go for their barbing course. dedicate yourself to it and make sure you become the best barber. specialize in lining the hair perfectly because nothing black men love more than a perfectly lined hairline and side burns. once you do the course ( only takes about 3 months or less ). come home after buying your barbering kit ( very cheap. £100 at most ). in naija use that money to set up a trendy barbing spot. hardwood floors, nice decor, comfy sofas with lots of magazines. this is a skill that will feed you for the rest of your life. black men love to have their hair looking nice. and try to target posh people. make sure you become a man about town and hand out your business cards to celebs or just people that look trendy. before you know it your spot will be the hangout spot. you will be making money hand over fist.
. Obviously,it is either u were not trained or u refused to be trained.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by xtaa: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Evening, pls does any1 kno where i can buy crayfish in large quantities in Ogun state,Abeokuta. Contact email:oluwaseyiesther@yahoo.com
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by williams080: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Well I will advice you to be doing buying and selling business within uk and Nigeria gadjet like used good Phones or seems you ve already have good document to travel around and u llove to upgrade ur certificate simply relocate to place like Canada or Us and upgrade your degree and get a white colar job there mostly in Canada! U coming to Nigeria and stay and invest with 2.5m it's somehow, because you have a lot of home work to do before u can suceed with such amount to start up a business in Naira, a gud located business premises alone will cost u enough plus Government etc, anyway with God all things are possible, 15yr ago nor be joke things as really change here pls be wise ooh
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by lebete3000: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
diordaves:
I have noticed that folks just give advice without thinking critically. The growing trend now is folks advising on transport business or opening a shop like barbing salon. This is so short sighted. Let me expose this short sightedness by crunching numbers.

Now poster you have N2.5 Million converted.And you are advised to open a barbing salon; so lets chew numbers: For a functional salon you need good location but not expensive. I will elect eg Egbeda in Lagos State as a case study. Ikeja; V.I and Ikoyi are out! A decent spacious shop around Egbeda comes in on average of 20K a month. Your landlord will collect 18 month's rent. Don't be fooled with Fashola 1 year thing. So 18month's rent at 20K/month is N360K. You will need to do up your salon like lighting; Fan; AC; Flat Screen TV and subscription; GenSet; Chairs and cabinet and glass sliding door with interior decor and signage. So throw in another N250K. So for your "moderate" salon you've expended N610K. Without return yet and this may take over two months to set up.

Now you are advised to rent an accommodation. A cheap accommodation for N250K. You may want to live in and around Egbeda to be close to your salon so N250K accommodation is achievable in Egbeda. Now you will moderately furnish your apartmentso throw in another N200K giving you a total of N450K. Now add N610K for shop and N450K for residential accommodation you have N1 Million already. Still no return yet o!

You may start having return say after about 3 months but in this time you will be burning money in transport cost; feeding; fuel cost for GenSet and miscellaneous charges running your salon like recharge telephone card; so throw in another N200k for this three months period giving you a total of N1.3 million before any return. Trust me by this stage you will be down to about just N500K/N600K remaining from your savings. Panic will now set in. Nigeria burns money!

Now returns from your salon. Mind you; your overhead expenses are: N20K shop rent + N20K house rent + running cost of N50K (Nigeria home average figure)= N90K monthly out goings. So how much will you be making in your salon to break even and make it worth your while and pay you salary (return)?lets say you charge N100 per head in your salon so divide N90K/N100 will give you 900. It means you will have to barb 900 head a month to cover your expenses. What about your salary (return)? Coming from the UK after 15 years and hoping for a monthly salary from your salon of about N70K is not far fetched. This will mean you will need to barb 1600 heads monthly for your salon to make any economic sense. A tall dream. No! salon business; transport business view with caution. Mind you this analysis is very simplistic. If you factor in the commission or salaries of your barber(s); the dream might even be taller!

So buy blackberry here; salon there; transport here is just tantamount to scattering your money. Its just like a hen; before fowl chop e go first take leg scatter everything. You don't need that. What you need is sharp focus on a single simple income stream and face it to logical conclusion.

I feel you men...so which advise will you give ds guy on d type of business he should invest in?
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ebukadineze: 12:37am On Mar 07, 2016
if I can start business with 150k loan in Nigeria,n am OK and living a bossy life not a slave live,bros abeg borrow me that,many business dey this head,bros u re a don here,don't jus mind the unsmart and lazy ppl,with God and ur smartness,become free from slavery life in Jesus name,receive it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innoson Group Now Has Seven Industries / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? / Man Tries To Give People Money They Reject, Thinking It Is Ritual Money (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.