Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Davidylan Says Sorry - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan Says Sorry (4885 Views)

Learn To Say "Am Sorry" Even When You Are Right / Christians, I Am So Sorry / Dont Feel Sorry For People In War Torn Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by mkmyers45(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
diluminati: na moslems happy pass for davidylan

grin grin grin grin
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by PastorAIO: 9:14am On Jul 15, 2012
youngies: Good to hear of your new status David.
But honestly, I prefer your real self in that devastating, fire-spitting, tongue-lashing, caustic mode. It makes a good balance.
Please don't change cool

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Sounds like praise and support, but these honeyed traps are part of what we should look out for.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by dare2think: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2012
@David

I have always been surprised at your intense vitriol against the list you mentioned in your post, especially Moslems. I have always thought you were deeply inconsiderate and unfair to people of other faiths. You seemed to me as some fellow filled with pride and ego, values that I feel contradict the christian faith.

Even your attempt to apologise contains some elements of euphemism. Would't you have said sorry if you had not been in a state of delirium?

In all, it shows character to come out to say sorry in whichever way you feel comfortable. I salute you for that. I'll implore you to visit the Muslim thread to show them your apology as they too have felt the brunt of your attacks too.

I take into account that you too have been abused and may have responded in that regard. Your respect is much higher now with your apology, at least to me.

Nice one.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2012
My word. And only few noticed his innuendo.

Taking into account the meaning of the word "delirium" he's simply saying he's apologizing, but also letting y'all know that he thinks its madness to bother to apologize.

Frankly, i stay with thehomer on this one. I am notoriously thick skinned on this forum and will not take anything too seriously. All the yabbis is part of what makes this place fun. As Fela wud say..." make i yab dem?"..... "Yab them!"

The only things i take real offence at are the one that go below the belt, such as when Pastor AIO shared an email i sent to him here publicly, or such as when Martian directed insults at my family members simply on account that i mentioned that they are pentecostal, and that i disagree and debate with them. One should not insult people one has not even intertacted with, and he vd he ceratinly hasnt.

All other friendly bashing is just in the game. Part of the play.

Personally i think NL would be boring without a bit of that.

Imagine a board full of bored old sages boarding on their tiring wisdom onboard.

Nah
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight:
Martian directed insults at my family members simply on account that i mentioned that they are pentecostal, and that i disagree and debate with them. One should not insult people one has not even intertacted with, and he vd he ceratinly hasnt.

You guys can hold hands and sing kumbaya for all I care, but I don't see how telling youthat you can outwit pentecostals with your "non physical" is an insult to your siblings.(they do believe in things like holy ghosts and spirits so you can obviously make them "reason" with you and your brand of spirituality)

Am I lying or out of line when I say you can outwit pentecostals........................like your siblings? Can you outwit them or not? smiley

Deepsight can outwit pentecostals!! Just take it as a compliment you "thick skinned", yabbis loving son of gun!!!
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
why the hot body Martian, you should be happy now your hard work is yielding results
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
As a matter of fact, they outwit me everyday. We play chess, and they defeat me everytime.

But please i would rather not mention my family again lest u create some unforeseen insult, which wud make me want to break ur head, obviously impossible, online.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
diluminati: why the hot body Martian, you should be happy now your hard work is yielding results

Lol, what did I do?
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deepsight, Martian please kiss and make up. love always forgives

[img]http://lalabohang.files./2009/05/kiss-and-make-up.jpg[/img]
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight:
As a matter of fact, they outwit me everyday. We play chess, and they defeat me everytime..

Awwwwww, chess playing pentecostals. How nice!! they are probably as good as chess playing 5 per centers, but that doesn't mean both parties do not have some outlandish beliefs. So them outwitting you at chess is not a big deal.............just step your game up and stop getting outwitted by those pentecostals.

Deep Sight:
But please i would rather not mention my family again lest u create some unforeseen insult, which wud make me want to break ur head, obviously impossible, online.

Unforseen result? Is some non physical force going to strike me? Your siblings are Pentecostals and penticostals are some of the best sheep a MOG can ask for, so saying you can outwit them with you deep sighted rhetoric is not an insult..............it's a fact. Defeating you at chess is not a big deal either because you probably SUCK! wink
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by PastorAIO: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight:

The only things i take real offence at are the one that go below the belt, such as when Pastor AIO shared an email i sent to him here publicly, or such as when Martian directed insults at my family members simply on account that i mentioned that they are pentecostal, and that i disagree and debate with them. One should not insult people one has not even intertacted with, and he vd he ceratinly hasnt.

Nah

Aaaa aaahh!!! Deep Sight! Deep Siiiiightiiii! Deeeeeep Siiiiightiiiiiiiiii!!! How many times I call your name? When did I share the email you sent me? Why now? Was it not you that published the email for all to read? I mentioned that I was unhappy about you emailing with ulterior motives. I mentioned the email, I did not publish it. it was you that then posted it for all to see. Abeg go read the thread again. This is not fair o!

Then secondly I'm still at a loss as to how it is offensive to mention a private communication on a public forum, especially when I haven't been told that it is a secret and not to mention it. That was the point I was trying to make. That I didn't see how that was a big deal.

But sha if the thing is still paining you like that up until now, then I apologise.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by PastorAIO: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep sight, expect an email from me soon.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
Martian:

Awwwwww, chess playing pentecostals. How nice!! they are probably as good as chess playing 5 per centers, but that doesn't mean both parties do not have some outlandish beliefs. So them outwitting you at chess is not a big deal.............just step your game up and stop getting outwitted by those pentecostals.

Unforseen result? Is some non physical force going to strike me? Your siblings are Pentecostals and penticostals are some of the best sheep a MOG can ask for, so saying you can outwit them with you deep sighted rhetoric is not an insult..............it's a fact. Defeating you at chess is not a big deal either because you probably SUCK! wink

please u do no know them. They do no participate on this forum. So please direct ur insults at me andd not at them. That is only fair. Ur words annoy me. I am sensitive about my family because they are who i live for.

Being religious does not equate to being stupid. Thats the point. Most scientific feats in the worlld today were acheived by religious people. That was the chess point, in case u didnt get it.

As much as i hate to congratulate him, my eternal nemesis enigma once quoted a statement to the effect that myths may be myths but are not necessarily spiritually or psycologically uselesss. I dont expect u to understand that tho. Infact, i expect insults frm u for saying so.

Anyhow just direct ur unsults at me, and not my family, the extent of their being which u hve no clue of.

Thanks, as i anticipate, to be a gentleman, this being on faith, the substance of things unsubstantiated.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Ishilove: 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
Good lawd,so much big grammer on this thread. . . Tis making me dizzy sad
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight:
please u do no know them. They do no participate on this forum. So please direct ur insults at me andd not at them. That is only fair. Ur words annoy me. I am sensitive about my family because they are who i live for.

I did not insult them. They happen to be pentecostals and pentecostal hold beliefs that are similar to your spiritual rhetoric. That's nice that you live for your family; but you can also live for the oneness of infinity for all I care. Which one of following do you contest? Pentecostals hold silly beliefs. Your siblings are pentecostals.

Deep Sight:
Being religious does not equate to being stupid. Thats the point. Most scientific feats in the worlld today were acheived by religious people. That was the chess point, in case u didnt get it.

I didn't call religious people stu.pid, so I don't know what you mean. Saying people have silly beliefs doesn't imply that they are not intelligent in oher aspects of life, so no need to cite scientific achievements of religious people.........................unless the scientist is your pentecostal sibling. Your chess example was weak, and that's why I mentioned the per centers who are good at chess and also believe outlandish sh#t. Chess or no chess, I didn't say they were stu.pid.............just their pentecostal mumbo jumbo.

Deep Sight:
As much as i hate to congratulate him, my eternal nemesis enigma once quoted a statement to the effect that myths may be myths but are not necessarily spiritually or psycologically uselesss. I dont expect u to understand that tho. Infact, i expect insults frm u for saying so.

I understand that your mythologies and spiritual stories can be effective pyschological placebos and that there are not "spiritually and psychologically uselss"................but your pentecostal siblings probably don't and take the myths literally.

Deep Sight:
Anyhow just direct ur unsults at me, and not my family, the extent of their being which u hve no clue of.
Thanks, as i anticipate, to be a gentleman, this being on faith, the substance of things unsubstantiated.

Your siblings are pentecostals.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Odunnu: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
This Martian dude is such a troublemaker I tells ya. cheesy
Dont mention his family. He doesnt like it.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
the mistake was all mine, for mentioning them at all.

I'd kill for my family, pentecostal or not.

Please martian just leave it and kindly insult me and not my family again, however pentecostal they may be, and however anoymously you liberaly do so.

Thanks
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by InesQor(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2012
No be small thing o cheesy
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight: the mistake was all mine, for mentioning them at all.
I'd kill for my family, pentecostal or not.

How nice.

Deep Sight: Please martian just leave it and kindly insult me and not my family again, however pentecostal they may be, and however anoymously you liberaly do so.Thanks

If you are upset about it, it means that you think there is something wrong with pentecostals................it's not my fault that your siblings believe in things like "spiritual gifts" and other aspects of pentecostalism; and since they believe in mumbo jumbo like speaking in tongues, they are liklely to make sense out of your nonsense before I do....................................fact is, people with quirky beliefs like pentecostals (see, I didn't mention your siblings) would susceptible to your rhetoric before a "hardened materialist".

By the way, did you get your oneness idea from your days as a pentecostal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneness_Pentecostalism

Somebody shout hallelujah.

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by jayriginal: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
Deep Sight:
We play chess, and they defeat me everytime.

Your response to 1. e4 and 1. d4 as well as your defense to same. I skip 1. c4 cos its not common in Nigeria (by the way, I dont think you are a good chess player either)

Coming to the "insults" I read that thread, and I dont think Martian insulted your folks. Unless your beef is with the word "inanity".

Martian:

You, outwit who? Maybe the people around you and the siblings you mesmerize with your word play who can't quite tell you how ridiculous your ideas are because they hold similar inanities as worldviews. .

Deep Sight:
I have mentioned in passing a number of times that my siblings are pentecostal and that i do debate with them, but this is no reason for you to begin to take swipes at people you do not know or even interact with in any form. That's very unsporting and most ungentlemanly. Thank you very much.

Martian:

Tell that crap to your siblings. Their beliefs include things like your ideas of " non physical" things, so they should be a credulous audience for you. They are Pentecostals after all.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
This is funny.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 12:30am On Jul 16, 2012
Ah well maybe i've been a tad sensitive, but i'd rather leave the issue, cheers.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by DeepSight(m): 12:32am On Jul 16, 2012
Ah well maybe i've been a tad sensitive, but i'd rather leave the issue, cheers.

And as for chess... How wud u know? I've only played online with Inesqor. Are you Inesqor?
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 16, 2012
dare2think: @David

I have always been surprised at your intense vitriol against the list you mentioned in your post, especially Moslems. I have always thought you were deeply inconsiderate and unfair to people of other faiths. You seemed to me as some fellow filled with pride and ego, values that I feel contradict the christian faith.

Even your attempt to apologise contains some elements of euphemism. Would't you have said sorry if you had not been in a state of delirium?

In all, it shows character to come out to say sorry in whichever way you feel comfortable. I salute you for that. I'll implore you to visit the Muslim thread to show them your apology as they too have felt the brunt of your attacks too.

I take into account that you too have been abused and may have responded in that regard. Your respect is much higher now with your apology, at least to me.

Nice one.

dare2think, your skepticism is normal. But i would have said sorry regardless of being in a delirium or not. As you said... certain things are incompatible with the christian faith and that includes pride and ego as you said and both of which i find myself struggling with sometimes. Do we all make mistakes? Yes we do but the beauty of the christian faith is the fact that we find mercy when we seek it with a contrite Spirit.

That of course does not mean that atheists and muslims now have a field day to denigrate the bible... folly will still be called out as at when needed. grin

1 Like

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by InesQor(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2012
Deep Sight:

And as for chess... How wud u know? I've only played online with Inesqor. Are you Inesqor?
undecided

As much as I have been guilty of using multiple IDs, no I am not jayriginal smiley

We should play again one of these days. Let's see if your game has improved at all in one and half years cheesy
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by tiarabubu: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
I will miss your no nonsense approach, honestly. I actively hunt David's posts to read. The tag team of Davidylan and osisi were blazing HOT! Lol.

Exposing the folly of people who think like juveniles. grin

Anyway, nuf respect to your decision. I hope it doesn't diminish your ability to point out the fallacies, conjectures and folly of some.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by LagosShia: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan: So while obviously in a state of delirium from a bad flu... i have finally decided to turn a new leaf.

For starters... i sincerely and wholeheartedly apologize to every atheist/muslim/agnostic/christian here that i have in one way or the other described in unflattering terms. I say a huge sorry to you all as you are just as entitled to your own opinions as i am.

Never again will i use bad words to describe you... henceforth i will endeavour to discuss with all decorum and with utmost civility.

Once again unreserved apologies tendered.

thank you.

eyya,sorry.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Shugamania(f): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2012
Really impressive...considering.
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by Joshthefirst(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Purist:
LOL! How often do we see the most caustic NL Christians open a new thread to "say sorry" ?? hmmmm, let's see. . .

- babyosisi in 2007: https://www.nairaland.com/50864/extending-handshake-babs-belloti

- Noetic15 in 2009: https://www.nairaland.com/338767/like-apologise

On both occasions, they went on to become even far more incendiary than they had ever been. babyosisi's anti-islamic threads post-2007 are especially legendary.

So will I give davidylan the benefit of the doubt? Not this time. WHY?

Here's WHY:
grin grin grin
Re: Davidylan Says Sorry by analice107: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
alexleo:
Thanks Davidylan. Quite a good one from you. Am also saying to everyone to forgive me every dirty language i used against anyone but i ve also decided not to argue with any atheist henceforth. We ve argued enough. I ll rather settle for discussions that will help us grow spiritually as children of God.
Oh dear, if you do that, how will you expect the Atheists to feel relevant? They are only relevant when you Banter with them. Anyway, it's a good decision and I second.
Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pale Horse Of Apocalypse Unleashed In The Midst Of Egyptian Riot! (Video) / Does Consciousness Need A Brain? / Demon Eater: My Demonic Astral Adventure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.