Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,808 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting (15288 Views)

I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri / A Former Minister Under Jonathan Pleading To Return N50bn - El-rufa'i / Your Best Minister Under Gej Regime . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by tantan: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
peolpe say boko haram is a religious thing, that they are fighting for muslims but why do they kill and slaughter the muslims aslo.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
@Biggoozz, u fall my hand o! is that man lookng like somebody who can open a facebook? I thought if that man can use a calculator!
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by cyril83(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
cogitoErgo: @Biggoozz, u fall my hand o! is that man lookng like somebody who can open a facebook? I thought if that man can use a calculator!
bros he has a fb addy...s://www.facebook.com/inuwaa
His Facebook page
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Unkl(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
U ppl dn't get it, d fg led by gej wldn't want 2 listen 2 d voice of reasonin by nt postin corp members 2 d north cos it'll mean dat they'v giving up on d security lapses which they r supposed 2 curtail hence they want 2 sacrifice innocent youths, the minister wldn't hv taken dat decision arbitrarily.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by LADEMINUS: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
pro01:

What is the meaning of "religion bashing"? Why do you twerps always prefer someone to coat the bitter truth with honey in order to make it sound sweet in your ears? Mr. Johndoe said what is indeed the truth, and you're here talking bollocks. The plain truth is that Islam is responsible for this mess we have on our hands. To make matters worse, only a Muslim can make such a callous and insensitive statement made by the foolish minister; callousness is a pre-condition for being a devout muslim. They are all animals that are always baying for blood.

Correct me when I said the christian led, hat wearing led, FG also insisted that corps members be posted to volatile areas in the north. If not.. Just shut up. Its religiously insensitive statements like yours that puts our innocent folks up north in danger daily
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by tunapawizzy: 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2012
I am so dumbfounded, I just believe that god forsaken, oloshi ma shanghai minister deserves to spend d rest of his life in pain agony sorrow bitterness .....he deserves to live every bit of his remaining life in misery. Oloriburuku somebody. People collect loan and do all sort send pikin go Sokol, d bastard dey say make dem sacrifice for the unity of a country spoilt by his kinsmen. Sorrow is ur portion minister idiot
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Ideevic(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
The minister is intelligent idiot.infact he n his family n his office shld b moved 2 jos,or yobe,or Borno immediately.FG did paid 4 young graduates tuition fee.it beta 4 Nass 2 a bil,serve in your Zone.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by str8talk1: 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
Let me start 4rm d ulterior motive by d then military junta of setting up d NYSC as a means of complimenting d manpower deficit in the then Northern Nigeria.
As 4 d fat face dumb looking Minister is totally oblivious of security situation in d North,typical of a crude uninformed average s/elected public office holders. Unfortunately,d reason why Senator Datung died is because our elected public office holders r encapsulated 4rm d suffering masses once they get 2 office and when dey experience sudden slight shock/trauma dey die like fowls.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by armadeo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
Mr minister u r a ba.star.d

1 Like

Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Beync(f): 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2012
You can see the correlation between the foolish minister's statements and that of erewa publicity chairman, they share the same views. To use graduates they cannot produce for national sacrifice. people should reject being used for sacrifice in the name of nysc, it's not worth it.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by mart2k(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ganys:
They are busy at the Villa eating casava bread & Shouting.. TRANSFORMATION!!! TRANSFORMATION!!!
TRANSFORMATION!!!
Fresh Air!!!! grin cry angry
i like this
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by bsteadfast: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
Johndoe100: Another mad muslim. Is it the religion that attracts these people or is it that these people find the religion?
Point of Observation; another Mad Hausa Man and Not Muslim...Take note
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by emmatok(m): 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
LocalChamp: Minister under fire over corps members’ posting
July 14, 2012 by Niyi Odebode, Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja and David Attah, Kaduna 12 Comments

Prominent Nigerians and groups, including the Trade Union Congress, on Thursday criticised the Minister of Youth Development, Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir, for insisting that National Youth Service Corps members must be posted to states under attack by Boko Haram.

The President-General of the TUC, Mr. Peter Esele, described the minister’s statement as shocking and irresponsible.

He stated, “The reason why we have NYSC is for national integration. What we have now is different from that. The challenges that the corps members are facing threaten their lives.”

Esele faulted the minister’s comparison of military personnel with the NYSC members.

He said, “As military personnel, it is their calling to be posted for security duties because they signed for it and they are prepared.

“That is not the situation with the corps members. What the corps members are doing is not what they want to do. If you ask them, none of them would agree to be posted to those places.

“I am shocked that the minister made such a statement. It is so sad and shocking. Instead of looking at the failure of the state to protect lives and property, he (the minister) is saying corps members should agree to serve anywhere they are posted to.”

Also, the National Publicity Secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, described the minister’s statement as highly insensitive.

He said the minister’s statement was disingenuous and uncharitable.

Fashakin stated, “The CPC is averse to the efforts of the Federal Government in stemming the tide of insecurity in the land.

“The usual rhetoric of ‘we are on top of the situation’ is no longer acceptable when Nigerians now sleep with palpable shambolic fear for their lives and property.

“It is insensitive to compare service men to corps members. What had been done by this government as compensation for families of the corps members that were harmed in the past?

“Can the minister give a list of his children and close relatives that would be deployed in these theatres of insurrection as corps members before asking the same of other Nigerians? If he is not capable of doing this, he should consider his statement as very disingenuous and uncharitable.”

The spokesperson for the Ijaw Republican Assembly, Ankio Briggs, said that the people in charge of affairs of the country had no clue to what was happening.

She stated, “Clearly, it shows that this minister has no clue at all. If he has, he will not be saying such a thing. As a parent, I believe that the NYSC has no value for the Nigerian youth and the country. Tell me, what is the value?

“On a personal note, my children would not go and serve in the North. They are sending other people’s children to go and die, these corps members they are sending to the North, are they soldiers? Did they sign to go and die?

“The minister has no business being a minister. In fact, I am calling for the scrapping of the NYSC. If the NYSC is not scrapped, then people should go and serve in their own zones where we know that they will be safe.

“We are talking about corps members who were trained by their parents and guardians and not by the Federal Government.”

A former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Abubakar Tsav, warned the Federal Government against any move to endanger young graduates in the country by sending them to trouble spots.

He stated that the presence of soldiers of peacekeeping mission in Jos and other parts of the North had not prevented the recurrent killings in the North.

The former commissioner stated that even armed policemen took to their heels during the violence in Jos.

He said, “Soldiers have been on peacekeeping operations in the North, but still they kill people. These young people just left school and they want to cut short their lives. They should try and beef up security before posting them there.

“In Jos, there were policemen and they ran away, why didn’t soldiers go there to protect them? So, that minister does not know what he is talking about.”

Also, a former member of the House of Representatives and former governorship candidate of the ACN, Mr. Uche Onyeagucha, challenged the minister to lead by example by sending his children to the troubled areas and even relocating his office to either Yobe or Borno.

He challenged the minister to sign an undertaking that he would be held responsible for the death of any corps member on posting to crisis-ridden spots in the country.

He said that it was inconceivable for any corps member to be posted to the troubled states, even when security operatives and policemen on posting to the areas were lobbying to get out of there because they were scared. According to him, some of them would have bought themselves out of the North if not for a standing instruction by the IG that all transfers out of the troubled areas must be brought to his attention. He said the minister’s statement was regrettable and unfortunate as the President himself had admitted openly in a recent media chat that he could not fly to Maiduguri because of the security situation.

He urged corps members to refuse postings to such trouble spots.

“It is simple; it is not as if this thing is mandatory, if you are posted to a state you don’t like, the thing is for you to reject it, and you repeat the service, and you will be posted to another state. The most reasonable thing is to reject it if you are posted to such areas.

“As I am talking to you, there are several military officers, who are posted to Borno, Yobe, Kano and Kaduna, who are lobbying to get out of those states.

“There is hardly any police officer, who is not working hard to get out. This means that the riot policemen who are armed are scared, why then should anybody post any corps member to those areas?” Onyeagucha asked.

However, the Arewa Consultative [/b]Forum would not embark on an outright dismissal of the minister’s comment, saying he was right in some way.

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani, said that assignments such as the NYSC were[b] national sacrifices expected from Nigerians

He said, “In a way, the minister is right because such assignments are sacrifices Nigerians are expected to make for the country.

“However, we must not lose sight of the Hausa adage which says, ‘Idan Yaro na kiwuya, baba na rowa,’ meaning if the child refuses to go on an errand, it means the father refuses to be generous to the child.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/minister-under-fire-over-corps-members-posting/

So killing is part of national sacrifice.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by boladez(m): 1:12am On Jul 15, 2012
Yes o , The late Peter Esele and his kola chewing friend Omar should not insult our sensibilities by commenting on national issues if they have any iota of shame. They should be shot or sent to Boko Haram for drilling. After letting us down in January una wan show say U dey with the people. Comon get lost you two.

I beg please this is not a religious or tribal matter, I know the minister and I can confirm that he has very low IQ, he is one of the mentally challenged that got unto Goodluck's government by quota for the disabled. He suffered acute down syndrome during his chikdhood. I beg I apologise on his behalf, however I expect his supervising minister to have checked his limitations before making it public. What a shame I really feel sorry for the guy.

Rotten fish head will spoil the whole fish this is a classical example of Government by the mentally challenged for the people...kpakam
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by oladayo042: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2012
Useless man. If Goodluck cannot visit Borno for a day, I am not going there to spend a year.

1 Like

Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by ibscrib: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2012
pro01:

What is the meaning of "religion bashing"? Why do you twerps always prefer someone to coat the bitter truth with honey in order to make it sound sweet in your ears? Mr. Johndoe said what is indeed the truth, and you're here talking bollocks. The plain truth is that Islam is responsible for this mess we have on our hands. To make matters worse, only a Muslim can make such a callous and insensitive statement made by the foolish minister; callousness is a pre-condition for being a devout muslim. They are all animals that are always baying for blood.

Guy am pretty sure you live alone in the bush else you won't post on religious sentiment. Your so called pastors stroll around in expensive cars and jets yet you followers find it difficult to take a day meal and is this the preaching of christ. Are OBJ, GEJ, IBRU, BODE and host of others muslims, or is their acts a teaching of the bible.

It baffles me when I see youths like you don't reason enough to know left from right. Its opinion though and am sure you won't be alive by now if muslims are actually what you think. Funniest part is that you might even be a true christian, perhaps one that goes to any that he sees or on every new year day.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by ibscrib: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2012
pro01:

Guy am pretty sure you live alone in the bush else you won't post on religious sentiment. Your so called pastors stroll around in expensive cars and jets yet you followers find it difficult to take a day meal and is this the preaching of christ. Are OBJ, GEJ, IBRU, BODE and host of others muslims, or is their acts a teaching of the bible.

It baffles me when I see youths like you don't reason enough to know left from right. Its opinion though and am sure you won't be alive by now if muslims are actually what you think. Funniest part is that you might even be a true christian, perhaps one that goes to any that he sees or on every new year day.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by marjson(m): 11:51am On Jul 15, 2012
NANs my foot?? Don't U know All SUG's in all School have been bought over by the Government. They are not bg voted for, they are bg appointed by the School Management.
bdman: may be he is the father of the boko
NANs my foot?? Don't U know All SUG's in all School have been bought over by the Government. They are not bg voted for, they are bg appointed by the School Management.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
ibscrib:

Shut up, you terrorist. I'm not even a 'practicing' Christian, as I prefer to worship my God without useless intermediaries. But even as much as I hate the thieving Christian pastors, I know they don't kill anyone or preach violence - or declare "holy war" on perceived enemies of Christianity. THAT, you fool, is the key difference between Christianity and Islam. NO ONE kills in the name of Jesus, the Bible or Christianity. But all you Muslim fools are quick to kill in the name of your Allah, Mohammed, Quran or whatever other blood-sucking deity you worship. If it's not Boko Haram, it is Al Queda, Hamas, and countless other Islam-based terrorist murderous groups around the world. You animals are blood-thirsty and primitive. That is the real issue and we cannot hide from it or avoid saying it.

1 Like

Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Actionleap: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
This has been bothering me for some days now. Is this useless minister speaking the minds of Boko Haram northern leaders to catch up with the south education-wise? Since they've tried to slow down the south through divers govt policies over the years, yet the southern people won't give up. Hence, a plot may have been hatched to kill as many southern graduates during NYSC. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by jammy2veyahoo: 12:57am On Jul 16, 2012
This unsympathetic Minister or whatever he calls himself deserves notin, but sack.
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by ibscrib: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
pro01:

Shut up, you terrorist. I'm not even a 'practicing' Christian, as I prefer to worship my God without useless intermediaries. But even as much as I hate the thieving Christian pastors, I know they don't kill anyone or preach violence - or declare "holy war" on perceived enemies of Christianity. THAT, you fool, is the key difference between Christianity and Islam. NO ONE kills in the name of Jesus, the Bible or Christianity. But all you Muslim fools are quick to kill in the name of your Allah, Mohammed, Quran or whatever other blood-sucking deity you worship. If it's not Boko Haram, it is Al Queda, Hamas, and countless other Islam-based terrorist murderous groups around the world. You animals are blood-thirsty and primitive. That is the real issue and we cannot hide from it or avoid saying it.

Funny you like I knew you weren't an upright christian. And you think the only definition you couldd give to killing is just by bombing, gun point, where do you categorize starving, or when money meant for 1000 persons is taken by a person when happens to others. No one kills in the name of jesus, but most that kidnap in the east do it for christ sake or those that siphon public funds do it for christ sake? Rev king and other men that parade themselves as pastors, not forgetting slapping a church member for being a witch for jesus is for christ sake? Its a pity
Re: Minister Under Fire Over Corps Members’ Posting by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
ibscrib:

Funny you like I knew you weren't an upright christian. And you think the only definition you couldd give to killing is just by bombing, gun point, where do you categorize starving, or when money meant for 1000 persons is taken by a person when happens to others. No one kills in the name of jesus, but most that kidnap in the east do it for christ sake or those that siphon public funds do it for christ sake? Rev king and other men that parade themselves as pastors, not forgetting slapping a church member for being a witch for jesus is for christ sake? Its a pity

Your stupidity knows no bounds. No wonder you Muslim abokis are notorious for extreme foolishness. So kidnappers in the "east" abduct their victims in the name of Jesus Christ? So they use the Bible/Christianity to justify their evil deeds? Really? Since when? Not only are you Muslim/aboki animals violent, you're also ezceedingly daft, deceitful, and mentally uncoordinated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Airport To Be Shut For Two Days / FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA / Owerri Jailbreak: More Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners Wanted By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.