Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19231 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Yujin(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Austine.E:

...why wld you take those two as an example,this is an entirely different situatn,but even at it, if the non yorubas commit genocide against the indigenes of Lagos,resulting to the death of about 10,000 yorubas over the yrs as the case of the Beroms,then what stops the government frm sending such a tribe parking!...how wicked can a people be,i mean the Hausa Fulanis,in the name of expansion and Jihad,all the minority tribes in the Northern region are at best,at the blink of exstinction because of the Hausa Fulani aggressive nature.Why is it nt so in the south?why are minorities in the south living equally peaceful with the majority tribes?why are the Fulanis always fighting the christain minority tribes of Plateau,Kaduna,Benue,Taraba,Bauchi(Tafawa Balewa people),Adamawa and even in some parts of Nasarawa?Why is it that the Hausa Fulanis can hardly live in peace with their host communities,we ve had little crisis of recent in places like Ibadan,Lagos,Calabar and other places involving this same Hausa Fulanis.The problem in Nigerian is that this aggressors finds a way of using some media Houses both local and foriegn to carryout devilish propaganda...the article never mentioned the thousands of Beroms massacred,of course they are infidels and it doesnt matter when they are killed and their only sin is that they Harboured the Fulanis in their communities and now the Fulanis wish to occupy the land as theirs and tomorrow they will tell you the own the land!THIS WICKEDNESS MUST STOP!they shld go back to where ever the came from,be it sokoto,zamfara,maidugari,kastina,chad,niger,somalia,mali let them leave,no body wants a blood sucker around him!

May God bless you for this comment. This is the first time I will be getting annoyed reading some peoples comments. How quick do ppl forget the thousands of innocent women and children slaughtered by these fulanis!
This action by the army is a welcome idea. The fulanis know where they came from, let them go back there. But I think the army will bow to pressures from certain quarters thereby postponing the evil day. FTTB(For The Time Being), arm yourselves before the day.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
bashr8: the same way we have kidnapping , yorubas call it one chance and use their for rituals, ijaws and other niger deltans use their victims to pressure the govt and fund their fight while the rest use their to collect cash from their families.

Don't tell me you don vex again. ah ahn na wa o!! This Igbo boy will not kill us.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Crayola1: 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

that is called magnanimity . We never wanted the Igbos to go even after their ethnic cleansing attempt, the first ever coup on 15th Jan 1966, when they decided to kill the non Igbo politicians and top military officers. When the table turned and they couldn't have their evil way they were sulking and decided to form Biafra ( about the size of a few LGAs in Kaduna State). Then we came as brothers to drag you back kicking and scratching ( what you called war) .
now you are confused , one minute you are MASSOB and another minute you want the Nigerias presidency. Make your mind up , but Igbo cannot be president of Nigeria for the next 50 years. We don't trust them.

I always find your posts laced with passive aggressivenes and a heaping of undeserved feelings of superiority amusing.

Do tell us after 40+ years of the North having complete control of the country why does North remain largely unchanged from the time the country received its independence? Why do have a generation of people who today live lives no different from their ancestors at the turn of the 19th century?

I ask because the people you so magnimously reintergrated into this country who litterally started from zero managed to do ok former themselves yet the folks who had it all seem to be up the creek without a paddle. The South East zone has its own problems like every region in Nigeria, but what is so special about the North that they have to cling to wahabbism from Saudi ArabiaaAvoid education? Have some of thee highest maternal mortality rates in the World? Increasing poverty? The scourge of polio that hs been largely eradicated everywhere else?

Tells us Nagoma how does one region hold power for so long and be worser off for it? As criminal as the Igbo people are (according to you) I can't imagine they would waste such an opportunity cheesy

Honestly the Presidency of Nigeria is the booby prize, as much as you think you sound so clever saying "we don't trust Igbo, har har, they will never have a president" you would be actually the biggest favor to the SE. Maybe not getting the president will make people of the SE focus more on their governors and LGA leaders who in the grand scheme of things matter more than GEJ ever will. So I humbly ask that you continue to nurse that hatred of yours, it would be the first positive contribution you would have made in your life.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by comradefery: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
ogochukwunasa1:

cheesy igbos una dey hear wetin dis baga dey talk
Why are you bothered, what's Igbo man's business with detonation of bombs? Those who go about throwing bombs and killing innocent men, women and children are bunch of lazy animals, and we don't belong to that category.......Rather we are peaceful, we are hard working, we take risk, and we enjoy!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Crayola1:

I always find your posts laced with passive aggressivenes and a heaping of undeserved feelings of superiority amusing.

Do tell us after 40+ years of the North having complete control of the country why does North remain largely unchanged from the time the country received its independence? Why do have a generation of people who today live lives no different from their ancestors at the turn of the 19th century?

I ask because the people you so magnimously reintergrated into this country who litterally started from zero managed to do ok for themselves yet the folks who had it all seem to be up the creek without a paddle. The South East zone has its own problems like every region in Nigeria, but what is so special about the North that they have to cling to wahabbism from Saudi Arabia while? Avoid education? Have some of thee highest mortality rates in the World? Increasing poverty? The scourge of polio that has been largely eradicated everywhere else?

Tells us Nagoma how does one region hold power for so long and be worser off for it? As criminal as the Igbo people are (according to you) I can't imagine they would waste such an opportunity cheesy

Honestly the Presidency of Nigeria is the booby prize, as much as you think you sound so clever saying "we don't trust Igbo, har har, they will never have a president" you would be actually the biggest favor to the SE. Maybe not getting the president will make people of the SE focus more on their governors and LGA leaders who in the grand scheme of things matter more than GEJ ever will. So I humbly ask that you continue to nurse that hatred of yours, it would be the first positive contribution you would have made in your life.

Classic !!! this deserves a Pulitzer prize
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
TroGunn:

The Authority had declared a State of Emergency in these LGA 6months ago due to the violence, and ordered the military to keep peace. This is part of the effort to keep peace and reduce casualties while going after the perpetrators. Do u enjoy the killings in Plateau in some sick way?

Anybody that refuses to leave is part of the problem and should be regarded as a combatant.

State of Emergency or not doesnt stop the govt from providing for its citizens if need be.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Crayola1: 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
I'm asking because every region in Nigeria has it's own problems but why is the North the red hedded stepchild of the bunch? I'm sure most Northerners are decent people but it boggles the mind how most of Nigeria's leaders come from one region yet that region is worse off than other regions that either had one or two leaders or even none at the helm.

Traditionally when you get your man in office things get better, Cote D'Ivoire is a clear example. When Gbgbo got into power he made his hometown the country's new capital and flooded the place with money.

What the hell were IBB, Abacha, Buhari, and co doing? You barged your way into power might as well get while the getting is good.

Something surely trickled up North, were the pious and upstanding leaders of the North eatting everything and not even sparing a few crumbs to locals?

Damn near all of the leaders are crooks but even the Northern crooks seem to have a comtempt for their own that makes their counterparts in the South look like Mother Teressa. If its to provide sharia they are front and center but when it comes to improving education or providing alternatives for Fulani cattle ranchers to raise their livestock without intruding on others property they are missing in action.

The icing on the cake is the fact that people like Nagoma, without blinking, will hold GEJ responsible for it all..did all the Northern governors die that GEJ must handle what is a local issue?

I'm not an advocate for violence but which way forward? If the Nagoma's of the North can not offer solutions violence will continue to be the first and not last resort, in the absence of the state people will take matters in their own hands while the crooks benefit from madness as usual.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^

true talk what did a common almajiris on the street of borno state gained from their elites ruling the country for 38 years ok i think i went too far!i mean what have they the posters; from northern states ever gained from their brothers running the country for 38 years??
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
Da infamous: ^^

true talk what did a common almajiris on the street of borno state gained from their elites ruling the country for 38 years ok i think i went too far!i mean what have they the posters; from northern states ever gained from their brothers running the country for 38 years??

Perhaps you forgot that Islamic societies only thrive by reinforcing a "class-caste" system where their so-called elites feed on the vulnerability and poverty of their teeming masses for relevance. Ask yourselves this question: How come educated people from core Northern states tend to have every opportunity and doors open to them with regards to Fed jobs and contracts? Because of the few that get educated and gain the shortcut passport to easy wealth, it is to their advantage that their own people remain dependent and destitute. How do people like Atiku, Abdusallam, IBB, Buhari and the rest soothe their consciences at night about all their stolen ill-gotten wealth? They tell their Allah that at least they gave to the "poor"...whom they have also blinded from being truly educated since they are future competitors.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Sunofgod(m): 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
Austine.E:

...why wld you take those two as an example,this is an entirely different situatn,but even at it, if the non yorubas commit genocide against the indigenes of Lagos,resulting to the death of about 10,000 yorubas over the yrs as the case of the Beroms,then what stops the government frm sending such a tribe parking!...how wicked can a people be,i mean the Hausa Fulanis,in the name of expansion and Jihad,all the minority tribes in the Northern region are at best,at the blink of exstinction because of the Hausa Fulani aggressive nature.Why is it nt so in the south?why are minorities in the south living equally peaceful with the majority tribes?why are the Fulanis always fighting the christain minority tribes of Plateau,Kaduna,Benue,Taraba,Bauchi(Tafawa Balewa people),Adamawa and even in some parts of Nasarawa?Why is it that the Hausa Fulanis can hardly live in peace with their host communities,we ve had little crisis of recent in places like Ibadan,Lagos,Calabar and other places involving this same Hausa Fulanis.The problem in Nigerian is that this aggressors finds a way of using some media Houses both local and foriegn to carryout devilish propaganda...the article never mentioned the thousands of Beroms massacred,of course they are infidels and it doesnt matter when they are killed and their only sin is that they Harboured the Fulanis in their communities and now the Fulanis wish to occupy the land as theirs and tomorrow they will tell you the own the land!THIS WICKEDNESS MUST STOP!they shld go back to where ever the came from,be it sokoto,zamfara,maidugari,kastina,chad,niger,somalia,mali let them leave,no body wants a blood sucker around him!
I couldn't have said it better. You spoke my mind.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by damoobaba: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
dapachez: please i need you to educate me on your post. Are you implying that all non idigenes should go back to their roots? Lets take lagos and abuja as case scenarios
See guy, d Hausa/fulani people are a disaster to Nigeria always waitin to kill and destroy.I dont care if they r sent into d ocean.They cant live at peace wit anybody.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Megabyts(m): 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
joskid:

Perhaps you forgot that Islamic societies only thrive by reinforcing a "class-caste" system where their so-called elites feed on the vulnerability and poverty of their teeming masses for relevance. Ask yourselves this question: How come educated people from core Northern states tend to have every opportunity and doors open to them with regards to Fed jobs and contracts? Because of the few that get educated and gain the shortcut passport to easy wealth, it is to their advantage that their own people remain dependent and destitute. How do people like Atiku, Abdusallam, IBB, Buhari and the rest soothe their consciences at night about all their stolen ill-gotten wealth? They tell their Allah that at least they gave to the "poor"...whom they have also blinded from being truly educated since they are future competitors.
And yet with all d riches in d south 200 southerners got burnt to ashes while scooping fuel.where did all their riches go? U senseless fool
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Megabyts: And yet with all d riches in d south 200 southerners got burnt to ashes while scooping fuel.where did all their riches go? U senseless fool

Sensible one...you cannot compare Almijiri with some few desperate economic opportunists who met their mishap. The Almjiri has completely surrendered his life, fate and will to powers beyond his control and that is why they are willing tools for Boko Haram and Fulani Mercenaries. The southern economic opportunists is trying to take destiny into his owns hands with a get rich quick streak which backfired in the case you mentioned. They are surrendering their fate or life to the forces of the free market...though illegal in their case. I did rather be in a society where every one is EQUAL and every one has EQUAL rights (and this tenet is most reinforced in egalitarian Christian societies) and where free market capitalism creates the social class conditions rather than ancient antiquated traditional practices which holds a mass set of people captive to a few select who were "lucky" to be born in a certain family.

So I hope you jive this "sensible one"....Hoping you are smart enough to detect the sarcasm in my use of the word "sensible"

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by deb(m): 4:03am On Jul 17, 2012
The FulaniS were welcomed to Jos with open arms, but when they eventually settled they began to fight for rights against their host, killing them and wanting to take over Jos. God punish them all.

The ba.star.ds have been warned, if they like let them stay. Arrogant Eediots that they are.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by OneNaira6: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2012
I do believe some of those that insulted Bini on this thread need to apologize to Bini people. They did not insult Igbo people on this thread therefore, no-one had any right to insult them. For one patroit isn't Edo nor bini as bashr8 deducted. He was outed out by prominent bini's on NL before. Therefore, some of you people need to apologize, even though some of una might not have know this before but now that you do know, it best to apologize.

@chippychappy

You might have been genuine in your post but in away your post is kind of suggesting Yoruba and Fulani culture are the same. You do understand where the Yorubas are coming from right? You post might have been genuine but someone else might view it as malicious.

@ Crayola
You said it all. I don't think anyone can add or remove anything from what you just said. You spoke the truth as it should be.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2012
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Zenanted(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2012
T-smooth:
Nothing those soldiers go do. U think say na Igbo or Yoruba? na dem de fear like mumu. "My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indispline"
u're a disgrace 2 ur people!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by mastro: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2012
reading some of the comments on this thread a person would think that the South-East, South-Wwest are idyllic oasis's of peace where everything works or would if not for the "evil Fulani" some people seem to forget that we've have 12 years of civilian rule where each state is governed by people from the state, end result of which is almost ZERO progress, you can't blame that on Fulani

People you can only blame everyone else for your woes for so long, until we look inwardly and realise that down to Local govt the system is broken and more importantly until we understand that each and every one of us have to put in an effort to make things better then blaming everyone else for all our problems is stupid, ignorant and non-productive.

On the topic of the STF directive, come on people, stop arguing like Faruk (I didn't take money, er I took to expose Femi, err err I gave money to member, err err err money is under my bed, etc) did you not read the original directive, that STF are changing the story now doesn't detract from the nature of the directive, which was simply get out of your home
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
deb: The FulaniS were welcomed to Jos with open arms, but when they eventually settled they began to fight for rights against their host, killing them and wanting to take over Jos. God punish them all.

The ba.star.ds have been warned, if they like let them stay. Arrogant Eediots that they are.

" Fulani welcomed to Jos with open arms " lies , who welcomed them? There was no place called Jos even in the year 1901 and fulanis were grazing their cattle. Jos came into being with the colonial conquest of northern Nigeria and the discovery of Tin and columbite by the British. The mining attracted people including the Beroms from the surrounding hills and large number of people from Nassarawa, bauchi, gombe and further north. Jos was part of bauchi Province in the colonial arrangement. " Jos Plateau " is a relatively new terminology. The area was referred to as" Bauchi Plateau" in colonial documents and in older maps. There were no christians either. It was the population growth and absence of active Islamic presence that attracted Dr. miller and other European evangelists as from the first decade of 1900's . Ignorant people assume that there was a city full of Christian Beroms and then Hausa Fulani appeared from nowhere to cause trouble. No no the various peoples from all over came to build and populate a tin mine which became a city. Evangelists came also to win souls for Christ and you have the modern Jos.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by noiseless: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
AND WHATS THE SUDDEN U-TURN ABOUT,ANOTHER DESPERATE MOVE TO SOUND UNBOKO HARAM YOURSELF?
patriot2: First of all there will be no genocide on fulani but some will die! Because protecting terrorists comes with its price.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Cuddlemii: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
Crown Prince:
My dear,the southern Nigerians has strongly advocated for disintegration(soverign National conference),but the Northern elements are fraustrating it because of OIL and its derivable benefits.
Tell me,80 per cents of oil blocks are owned by Northerners yet the dont have oil.
70per cents going vessels in Nigeria are owned by Northern yet they dont have water.
80 per cent of the sea port are controlled by Northern yet the dont have water.
60per cent of the economic are controlled by Northerners with their businesses in the southern Nigeria.
If you are a Northerner,will you advocate for a divided Nigeria?
As for retardeen you mentioned,these people are too powerful and can overthrow him any day he misbehaves with their economic power.
They gave OBJ saharia and now they introduced BOKO HAREM to jonathan. That is the ''headache'' they normally give any southern leader to worry about.

Hi Crown Prince, I sent you an email but I am guessing you haven't received it. Your attention is needed here- https://www.nairaland.com/992476/nairalands-literary-debating-day-cordially

Thanks!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by digospel2: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2012
Fulani leave jos or not,a tenant is a tenant no matter how long he lives with his landlord; the tenant will surely be ejected when the landlord need his property. The fulani are just wasting their time, the earlier they return to their ancestral home or pay with their blood.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
bashr8:
is this supposed to be a joke? how many cars have yorubas and edo and ethipians manufactured, how many computers have u desinged and built, how many influential people in nigeria , africa and world do you have? what percentage of nigeiria and west african economy do you control? how many refineries have you built? please dont make me laugh
No, the Igbos are the most advanced people in Nigeria. The Igbos are the most industrious people of Nigeria and that is a fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN / Ondo Poll: We Will Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate If... - INEC / Just In: Dino Melaye Finally Meets Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.