Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19233 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by noiseless: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
WHO CARES ABOUT THE RUBBISH YOU ARE TYPING HERE, YOUR ONLY REASON ON THIS THREAD IS TO DERAIL IT BY DRAGGING IGBO INTO IT,COS YOU COULDN'T STAND MOST COMMENTS CONDEMNING THE BLOOD DRUNKING NATURE OF YOUR BELOVED BOKO INFIDEL MASTERS,AND THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE TACTICS YOU APPLY TO FO0L YOUR YOUR Yoruba NONE MUSLIM BROTHERS UNTIL YOU WAKE UP WITH YOUR HAUSA/FULANI HARAMITE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND DO TO THEM WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO POOR INNOCENT NORTHERN NONE MUSLIMS, CLEVER FELLA!
patriot2: No some of them hide behind religion and use it as a catalyst for power: those ones are neither muslim neither christian: some military officers have caught IBB eating pork, for example. Look at the governor of lagos if you want to see a non corrupt and devout patriot ! and guess what: he is muslim. A good muslim is a non corrupt and peaceful man. So is a good christian. But too many who have claimed to be christians were corrupt (on the other hand too many who have claimed to be muslim were terrorists) So only the people can chose who they prefer: muslim governor or christian governor.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: Actually not all the governors are muslim, but the fact is that in politics christianity rimes with corruption. So we prefer someone who is muslim as a governor, given he is not one of those jihadist pushing for shariah, but rather a good muslim respectful of other faiths and not corrupt.

Are u saying Muslims are less corrupt? Interesting. Tinubu , IBB, Abacha are all Prophets then - no iota of corruption in them. Also explains why the Northern states are doing so well.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Hate ? who hates the yorubas ? OPEN YOUR EYES and look around the south west particularly kwara , yewa in ogun state and ibadan EVEN in oshogbo . The Hausas have been in YORUBALAND for YEARS , They like it there. Both tribes (Hausa and Yoruba) Inter marry , share the same cultural and religious views , look alike etc . The point i am trying to make is this : The best place for the STF to relocate the fulanis to is the SOUTH WEST . This is one nation and we MUST BE OUR BROTHERS KEEPER. Stop being a tribal bigot , I have no problem with the Fulanis neither do i have any problem with Yorubas .

Stop this your crappy talk! I've gone through your rants from the beginning of the thread and no one is impressed with your bold fonts, why are you insisting they MUST be taken to the SW? do you have any ulterior motive aside from baying the N/L guys to a meaningless argument?

If the FG deemed it fit to relocate them (if at all that is the right thing to do) they can be moved to any territorial part of the country call Nigeria...and you wont be in a position to resist except to come here and put up your rants.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
thats not true its 40 christian,40 muslims and 10 traditional , all the governors are muslims to start with ,that shows that the muslims are even more powerful and influential than the christian yorubas.

Let me shut your mouth with this little statistic

Osun: Formerly ruled by Oyinlola (a xtian) now ruled by Aregbe (Muslim)
Ile-Ife: 70% xtians
Ede: 70 muslims
Osogbo 50 50
Ilesha 80% xtians

Ondo state: Ruled by xtian from time to time
All places 80% xtians

Ekiti state: Ruled by xtian from time to time
All places 80% xtians

Oyo state: Ruled by xtian (Akala b4) and muslim governors
Ibadan: 50 50
Oyo town 65% muslim
Ogbomoso 70% xtian

Lagos: Ruled by muslims from time to time
Stastics unknown. But I will go for 50 50. If not 60% xtian, 40% muslims.

Ogun state: 50 50

Edo state: 80% xtians

e.t.c

You can see the statistic is close. You can never say muslims are more dan xtian visa vise
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
what I hate with you is your lack of modesty and your unilateral discussion. You are not even Edo, yet you claim you know better about Edo than an Edo. You seem to have predicted the future for everybody in Edostate. You keep insulting the only empire which really fought the british (tell me what fight the igbos put against the british ? ) You coward bunch of cannibals were rushing to their churches in order to convert and therefore avoid being killed. Mumus ! you are not better than the haussas who chose to bow down to fulani. I.diots, you have no glory, you filthy slave recipients, you are born to be our slaves and slaves in general: in edo igbo which is the name we gave to you means slave; So go to hell. you are beneath me!!!!!!
the greates resistance the british met in nigeria were from igbos, google ekumeku war and anglo/aro war. i dont have to be from edo to know its ethnic composition just like delta ,rivers,benue,information is free you can confirm it yourself. secondly there is no pratices of cannibalism in igboland but we have had live reported cases in yorubaland. second talking about slavery hausas/fulanis actually enslaved yorubas and that is the only case of slavery by nigerian on nigerians we have till date, thirdly the name igbo existed before benin empire ,several ancient igbo towns bear it like igbo-ukwu( which was part of the oldest empire in nigeria nri dating back almost 5000bc before anything like benin existed), igbo-eze ,igbo-ariam etc and benin have no infleunce on igbos rather churches are done in igbo language in some parts of benin and edo in general,fourthly igbos are also part of edo state occupying igbanke local government. i dont know why you choose the route of ignorance. lastly ijaws have already decided where their land starts and ends and parts of edo fall into it so i didnt make it up , you can google ijawland .information is free.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
The army is a federated army with people from all the kingdoms. it is the army of the empire and it is doing its job which in this case is to keep the peace. As we have witnessed it several times there will not be peace until the Fulanis leave the area. So Good Job soldiers !

Well it's time for individual soldiers to take a decision, then we can know who actually wants declare the genocide on the fulanis.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
Hopeless slave the british said it in all their documents: The Oba of Benin gave the strongest resistance to the british invaders. So helpless igbo cannibalistic slaves who we used to trade with the portuguese keep your mouth shot. And one other thing: Edo was already civilised before the british invasion and was an empire therefore the fact that a lot of ethnicities are in it is not a mystery. The Bini are the rulers of Edo empire. The Oba of Benin is the ruler of the entire Edo. he doesn't need to be an Isian to also be their ruler just as Obama doesn't need to be white to rule over white americans.
argue like achild , this thing dey really pain you. benin never invaded no had the power to invade igboland therefore you cannot have slaves from where you didnt fight a war ,common sense should tell you that. as for atlantic slavery benin and yoruba people where traded in badagary while igbo, ijaw and efik ibibio people where traded in bonny so i dont even get what point your trying to make.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Obiagu1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Though some people will think that this is justifiable because it could stop the fighting in Plateau but, unfortunately, it will set a very dangerous precedence in Nigeria.
Let everyone be warned!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by noiseless: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
IS IT NOT A SHAME TO YOURSELF THAT YOU WERE THE SAME PERSON PRETENDING TO BE CHALENGING YOUR BROTHER NAGOMA FOR THE EVIL NAMES HE AND ALJH_HAREM,BALABRIGS ARE USED TO CALLING THE BEROMS, BUT ONLY FOR YOU PIG TO TURN AROUND IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT WASTING TIME TO BE CALLING IGBOS THE NAMES YOU JUST PRETENDED TO BE CHALENGING ANOTHER ID AGAINST, IF AT ALL YOU ARE NOT THE SAME COWARD OPERATING THOSE EVIL FILLED DIs COS THAT IS THE WAY YOUR LIKES OPERATE.
patriot2:
Hopeless slave the british said it in all their documents: The Oba of Benin gave the strongest resistance to the british invaders. So helpless igbo cannibalistic slaves who we used to trade with the portuguese keep your mouth shot. And one other thing: Edo was already civilised before the british invasion and was an empire therefore the fact that a lot of ethnicities are in it is not a mystery. The Bini are the rulers of Edo empire. The Oba of Benin is the ruler of the entire Edo. he doesn't need to be an Isian to also be their ruler just as Obama doesn't need to be white to rule over white americans.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Chyz2: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
what I hate with you is your lack of modesty and your unilateral discussion. You are not even Edo, yet you claim you know better about Edo than an Edo. You seem to have predicted the future for everybody in Edostate. You keep insulting the only empire which really fought the british (tell me what fight the igbos put against the british ? ) You coward bunch of cannibals were rushing to their churches in order to convert and therefore avoid being killed. Mumus ! you are not better than the haussas who chose to bow down to fulani. I.diots, you have no glory, you filthy slave recipients, you are born to be our slaves and slaves in general: in edo igbo which is the name we gave to you means slave; So go to hell. you are beneath me!!!!!! All you do is try to bring down people with Glory such as the Edos and the Yorubas, where is your own glory ? there is none, you are a slave, slave you shall remain.

Wow! The most ignorant and dumb post I've read on this thread today. Benin "empire" fought no british but the Benin "kingdom" tried and got sack in about a week or so. We Igbo, and it is well documented put up the highest resistance towards the british than any other group in nigeria. Go read. My people alone, Anioma people(Western Igbos), fought the british for over 30 good long years! Benin, gini? Come on my friend go sit down.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

Well it's time for individual soldiers to take a decision, then we can know who actually wants declare the genocide on the fulanis.

It'll be genocide on BH which is a good thing. Any innocent should vacate the area for the military to have clear sight on the trouble makers. And it'll be the FG army, not individual soldiers. They will not be allowed to murder people in their sleep which is what you want to continue as a true blood thirsty bigot.

The soldiers have given them warning to flee, a consideration not given to Odi victims nor those hundreds you murdered in their sleep.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
manbuchai: I represent what you dread/fear most,why did you or your parents fought to keep Nigeria one.Millions of other ethic groups died during the war just to have the igbos in Nigeria,why? Cant you read the hand writing on the wall? For your information,i vowed never to set my foot on any northern soil.I detest their way of life,they have no value for human life,killing innocent women and children is a hobby to them!

that is called magnanimity . We never wanted the Igbos to go even after their ethnic cleansing attempt, the first ever coup on 15th Jan 1966, when they decided to kill the non Igbo politicians and top military officers. When the table turned and they couldn't have their evil way they were sulking and decided to form Biafra ( about the size of a few LGAs in Kaduna State). Then we came as brothers to drag you back kicking and scratching ( what you called war) .
now you are confused , one minute you are MASSOB and another minute you want the Nigerias presidency. Make your mind up , but Igbo cannot be president of Nigeria for the next 50 years. We don't trust them.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: In which history books did they say Bini were sold as slaves ? have you lost your mind ? You slave! All you can do is try to change history. But you can't your uncle was sold as a slave, shut it.
are you from planet earth at all ? i wonder if you read at all,so in your mind other southern and middle belt groups were trade except bini people? stupity is free so i no blame you.

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Chyz*:

Wow! The most ignorant and dumb post I've read on this thread today. Benin "empire" fought no british but the Benin "kingdom" tried and got sack in about a week or so. We Igbo, and it is well documented put up the highest resistance towards the british than any other group in nigeria. Go read. My people alone, Anioma people(Western Igbos), fought the british for over 30 good long years! Benin, gini? Come on my friend go sit down.
no mind am even though he is not from edo like he claimed.

i guess he knows nothing about nigerian history

. The British penetration of Nigeria met with various forms of resistance throughout the country. In the south, the British had to fight many wars, in particular the wars against the Ijebu (a Yoruba group) in 1892, the Aro of Eastern Igboland in 1901-1902, and from 1883–1914, the Anioma of Western Igboland

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Chyz2: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: I read the history books in a library in London and I saw documentaries. The Bini defeated the british in 1895, and then the british took two years to prepare a military expedition and came back in 1897 and won the war. get educated, or at least seek from books which were not written by some igbo story teller. See you slave.

Dude, the Bini never eeeeever defeated the british in anything! Dude, are you serious?! lmfao
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Chyz2: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Back to topic. In the famous words of beanie siegal in State Property "You get down, or LAY DOWN". I'll translate, if the fulani refuse to leave they will be taken out literally and figuratively.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: I read the history books in a library in London and I saw documentaries. The Bini defeated the british in 1895, [/b]and then the british took two years to prepare a military expedition and came back in 1897 and won the war. get educated, or at least seek from books which were not written by some igbo story teller. See you slave.
how ,you can lie man
[b] eight unknowing British representatives, who came to visit Benin were killed. As a result a Punitive Expedition was launched in 1897. The British force, under the command of Admiral Sir Harry Rawson, razed and burned the city, destroying much of the country's treasured art and dispersing nearly all that remained.
[/b]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
Your question doesn't make any sense, the Army told the innocent people to evacuate because there are terrorists who are using them as human shields. What better reason can there be to evacuate people?

My friend shut up. where will poor, helpless, defenceless people asked to evacuate go to? ur father's compound? is the duty of the security agents to fish out the miscreants among them. why didnt America evacuate the innocent in Afganistan because they want to chase away the taliban?
Ode Oshi.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
"Christian Awareness Initiative of Nigeria (CHAIN) notes with dismay the reaction of the Northern Muslim establishment to the recent order by the Plateau State Special Military Task Force to certain Communities to temporarily evacuate their villages in order to minimize civilian casualties as the Military perform internal security operations to find and arrest mercenaries who were behind the deaths of hundreds of innocent Nigeria citizens including a serving Senator and a member of the Plateau State House of Assembly.

We are astounded that these characters who were curiously silent when the mercenaries were killing innocent men, women and children have suddenly found their voice when it comes time to detect and apprehend those behind these killings.

What are we missing here? Are these characters in support of these mercenaries or in support of the Nigerian state? Where was the voice of Nasir Elrufai ,Dr Tilde ,Dr Babangida Aliyu and those now vocal against the planned action to go after the killers when the mercenaries carried out a series of genocidal attacks?

These same people who are threatening bloodshed in 2015 if they do not win elections are now threatening the Nigerian state if the military should go ahead and conduct their internal security operations. Is it not time to ask if they have been the ones sponsoring these attacks? Shall we continue to breathe the putrid air and pretend that we do not know who amongst us has fouled the air?

Only a couple of days ago, these same folks were in the media raining insults on the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, when he testified before the U.S. Congress and asked that they designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. How can any sane person attack such a move? Do they know more than they are saying?

When the Shehu of Borno and the Deputy Governor of Borno state were almost killed by Boko Haram, Pastor Oritsejafor led the Christian community to condemn the attack. But when three churches were attacked in one weekend in Kaduna where Dr Babangida Aliyu Chairman NGF,Dr Tilde ,Elrufai and many of their supporters live they were silent and only spoke to condemn the reprisal killings.

The world is watching and we say very clearly that we support the patriotic decision of the military authorities to issue a temporary evacuation order to the Fulani communities in Plateau state so that they can avoid civilian casualties as they hunt for the murderers and terrorists who killed hundreds of innocent victims. This tactic has been used in Europe and America and is a civilized practice covered by the Geneva Convention and meant to stem civilian casualties.

We therefore call on all and sundry in Plateau to ignore the call by these selfish religious and regional champions and like minded individuals who have asked them to ignore the military order and stay put. To Dr Babangida Aliyu and Elrufai who has threatened that the Fulanis would retaliate if any of them are killed we at Christian Awareness Initiative of Nigeria say that the masquerade has eventually been unmasked and we hope that the authorities are watching. We also call on the International Criminal Court to take cognizance of this statement by these regional champions and their co travelers with a view to bringing them to justice wherever and whenever."
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bashr8: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
How was the british empire to justify that it had just been beaten by a black nation without risking rebellion in places like india ? the only solution was to lie and pretend, but ask historians, they will tell you the truth. It was a full scale war and they lost.
do you know the meaning of a full scale war? na english you dey speak ,go back to your history book .
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
I hope they stay put because I love when people take absolute responsibility for their actions an inactions.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
All fulanis in that region should move out or killed for they are all animals and no time to negotiate with terrorists

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Army Recovers Corpses Of Missing Officer, 15 Soldiers In Borno / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting In Abuja / Gelegele Seaport Development To Begin As Obaseki Signs Mou With China Harbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.