Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,748 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19230 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Birmingham(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2012
For those that can't read between the lines, the evacuation is temporal. It is a measure to scan the indigenous settlers of invaders. This is a contemporary security measure in military operations to reduse casualties of the innocence/civilian. The magnitude of damages done from the militia/machineries is a big blow to our security agencies, and a potential risk to the peace of the nation. From findings, the invaders still live amongst the habitats, thus, evacuation will compel them to scrutiny, or to remain in their hideout and face the full military operations.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by osolomio: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2012
Guys let us apply caution in our dispositions. If u are a southerner living in north east whr u have more fulanis ur opinions will be with discreation.I think a round table dialogue will always suffice.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by chuksonu(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2012
I hate this post because it is very biased and one sided.No body would have asked the Fulanis to leave if only the live peacefully with their hosts.But they are trouble makers.It is very hard to live peacefully with them because they are heartless.They should be chased back to wherever they come from.I am very much ashamed to have come from the same COUNTRY as the fulanis.We are two different people.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2012
I stand corrected.

[size=14pt]Constitution of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (1999)[/size].

Chapter IV (Fundamental Rights).

Section 41 (freedom of movement).

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law that is reasonably justifiable in a democratic society-

(a) imposing restrictions on the residence or movement of any person who has committed or is reasonably suspected to have committed a criminal offence in order to prevent him from leaving Nigeria; or

(b) providing for the removal of any person from Nigeria to any other country to:-

(i) be tried outside Nigeria for any criminal offence, or

(ii) undergo imprisonment outside Nigeria in execution of the sentence of a court of law in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty:

Provided that there is reciprocal agreement between Nigeria and such other country in relation to such matter.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2012
[size=16pt]Piece of advice to all Non-Northern states. . . . . VEHEMENTLY/VIOLENTLY REFUSE ANY ATTEMPT TO RELOCATE THESE FULAS TO YOUR STATE OH! [/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by amosy007: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2012
Abayomin70:
Guy u realy need to go see a doctor
Am very sure u ar a kid still colectin money from ur parent
Wat did I say rung dat u ar callin me fool and dat I av complete madness y can't u kip on nairaland no how to talk to people am only sayin my own opinion and u are callin me fool
Fear who u don't even see or no and u are cursing him
Dats y some people sleep and don't wake up again
Please dis is just a syt where every is limited to is own opinion y cursing me naaa abi we no each oda b4
stop ranting rubbish my friend! If u dnt av anytin reasonable to say dnt come to public forum.. Simple as ABC
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2012
naptu2: I stand corrected.

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom. fulanis are not Nigerian,mind you.

(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law that is reasonably justifiable in a democratic society-

(a) imposing restrictions on the residence or movement of any person who has committed or is reasonably suspected to have committed a criminal offence in order to prevent him from leaving Nigeria; or

(b) providing for the removal of any person from Nigeria to any other country to:-

(ii) undergo imprisonment outside Nigeria in execution of the sentence of a court of law in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty:

Provided that there is reciprocal agreement between Nigeria and such other country in relation to such matter.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2012
[size=15pt]The Hausa-Fulani would find it hard adapting to other regions but from what i understand in recent times they have built a strong accord and mutual respect for the Yorubas and if the STF decides to go ahead with this evacuation plan then the south west would be the most choice of relocation for the Hausas . There seems to be a cultural connection between Yorubas and Hausas and this would greatly help Nigeria as a nation . The South east and South south region has nothing in common with the Hausas so they would find it hard adapting to those regions.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tunshe: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2012
I think people are just being unfair to the Fulani people,is it because their voices are not heard through the bias media?There is no smoke without fire,I believe the Fulani are not blood tasty,they react to injustice against them.

Please before you castigate me,I am not justifying the bloodshed as an advocate of peace.Rather than taking sides the root cause should be addressed and make the 2 parties see reasons to live in Harmony again.

This step by JTF will only sustain the full growth of enmity among generation unborn,hence,we live on time bomb. angry cryWhen are we gonna learn to mediate and replace goodwill with Military actions? Force has never produced desirable result in human history. embarassed

I Live in Jos and have lost count of Yorubas and Ibos who have been victims of the clash between Beroms and Hausa/Fulani clashes.Recently,some Ibos fall victim to the Beroms (You wont see that in the news).The point here is that if we sit,display sentiments and castigate from far,you wont know when it gets to you.Search,confirm and speak the truth pls.

Need I say more?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2012
Birmingham: For those that can't read between the lines, the evacuation is temporal. It is a measure to scan the indigenous settlers of invaders. This is a contemporary security measure in military operations to reduse casualties of the innocence/civilian. The magnitude of damages done from the militia/machineries is a big blow to our security agencies, and a potential risk to the peace of the nation. From findings, the invaders still live amongst the habitats, thus, evacuation will compel them to scrutiny, or to remain in their hideout and face the full military operations.

Either temporal or permanent, where should they go to? whats wrong if he FG provide them a temporal abode. to the best of my knowledge they are still Nigerians.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2012
first and foremost, lets not forget the circumstance brought about this action from the Federal government viz THE BRUTAL KILLINGS OF A SERVING SENATOR OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND STATE HON. MEMBER - WHICH ON ITS OWN IS AN ACT OF AGGRESSION!

THESE KILLINGS OF THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS HAS DENIED THE FULANIS OF ANY PROTECTION UNDER THE CONSTITUTION!

Sending them out of their homes is an extreme measure but the actions of the fulanis honestly require extreme measures! undecided undecided
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2012
When a set of people due to religion madness or insanity endanger the life of innocent people, they should be relocated.
Thats is called "quarantining". They are plague, they need to be eradicated and disinfected with their cows and sheeps.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tubolancer(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2012
This people kill at will and they do not discriminate when they kill now that the federal government has propose a final solution to the crisis some people are going wild.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Heck: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2012
My heart bleeds for Nigeria, my fatherland. it is unfortunate that the Fulanis arrogate mastery of violence to themselves powered by Jihaddist religion. A religion that is a threat to itself. Well, the Igbo's lost to Hausa/Fulani not because of inferiority, cowardice, or lesser might; but because the Igbo's had no clear appreciation at such a nation focused pogrom. Religion and natured animism favoured the villain. Also their propagandist capture of the beni, Yoruba support additional to the might of federal possessions did it. Now the middle belt, the Yoruba's, and the Niger Deltans understand the selfish agenda of Hausa/Fulani but cannot speak out else Igbo's assume superior wisdom. But they can never be used again.

Jonah Jang may wish to die in protection of his own. The problem is the center. GEJ is a craftsman. He wears the shoe and knows how much he is unwanted by his bed fellows WHO ARE BORN TO RULE (but can not lead themselves let alone others). But the die is cast. The end of Hausa/Fulani misinformation strategy and arrogation to violence has begun. The present evacuation threat may wane into half success (because GEJ does not want to die in office), if it is tried at all.

TERMINUS market is closed this morning in direct sympathy with Fulani protestation. Very soon the Fulanis will desire this Nigeria they are destroying. Then, it will be too late.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2012
naptu2: I stand corrected.

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Guy, give me that part of the naija constitution that says you can kill women and children in their sleep and still maintain your right to free movement. be fast am waiting

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by dnklojang: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2012
tunapawizzy:
butt-bead is making small sense sha......bum of life
. Hw about those innocent Berom the Fulani destroyed thr crops on their farms, killing n maiming, leavin them homeless, without fathers, mothers, children n means of livelihood. Do onto othrs as u wud hv them do on 2 u. But unfortunately these heartless wild animals do not hv conscience and LAW OF KARMA Hv 2 prevail.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2012
I think people are just being unfair to the Fulani people,is it because their voices are not heard through the bias media?There is no smoke without fire,I believe the Fulani are not blood tasty,they react to injustice against them.

Please before you castigate me,I am not justifying the bloodshed as an advocate of peace.Rather than taking sides the root cause should be addressed and make the 2 parties see reasons to live in Harmony again.

This step by JTF will only sustain the full growth of enmity among generation unborn,hence,we live on time bomb. When are we gonna learn to mediate and replace goodwill with Military actions? Force has never produced desirable result in human history.

I Live in Jos and have lost count of Yorubas and Ibos who have been victims of the clash between Beroms and Hausa/Fulani clashes.Recently,some Ibos fall victim to the Beroms (You wont see that in the news).The point here is that if we sit,display sentiments and castigate from far,you wont know when it gets to you.Search,confirm and speak the truth pls.

Need I say more?

Fulanis are the worst animals on this planet.
They kill innocent farmers just because they want to take their cows for grazing. Imagine, killing human being bcuz of grass
They kill their host everywhere they are from Ogun state to Abia to Benue. Fulanis are always killing people everyday.
Are they the one being offended? If all ethnic groups kill with a little or no excuse as they are, who else will remain in Nigeria
They kill Tiv people everyday in Benue. What have these innocent TIV farmer done to them ?
They kill in Kaduna, are they d only one in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2012
oxford:

Guy, give me that part of the naija constitution that says you can kill women and children in their sleep and still maintain your right to free movement. be fast am waiting

the law permits the perpetrators of those heinous crimes to be fished out and dealt with severally and not for a whole tribe to be banished
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2012
Yomieluv

fulanis are not Nigerian,mind you.

Dr Olusola Saraki, Sultan Maccido and Ahmadu Bello are/were not Nigerians. grin grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ganys: 10:17am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: They are not indigenous to Plateau. Their best bet is to return to wherever they come from. If they refuse the order to leave, then.....
It will be better if you can show them the way to their origin...Ooode
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2012
oxford:

Right, so the government should punish you, simply because people from your ethnic group have killed other people? Interesting.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2012
naptu2: Yomieluv

[s]Dr [size=18pt]Olusola[/size] Saraki[/s], Sultan Maccido and Ahmadu Bello are/were not Nigerians. grin grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: They are not indigenous to Plateau. Their best bet is to return to wherever they come from. If they refuse the order to leave, then.....

Coming from you, this is terribly disappointing. I guess the US should have deported all Asian Americans on account of war on terror undecided
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2012
T-smooth:
^^^ So everybody dat say d truth is a Northerner? FULANI MUST STAY IN NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND NIGERIA AS WHOLE BECAUSE THEY ARE NIGERIANS.
make 'em no come here for south south.....let 'em stay wea dey are........
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ganys: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: At this point in time I want to urge all other states to be very careful of these fulani herdsmen who are relocating,if you accept them with open arms then your state risks bombing and countless deaths. They should be sent to chad or somalia.
My man, So, you mean Berom germinated from the soul of plateau like Cassava leaf, While Hausa Fulani Fell from the sky while it was raining.. Huh?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by ogazi007(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2012
This is another big mistake,if you have succeeded in killing the ones living in Plateau what about thousand of Fulanis that lives in the neighboring states that shares boundaries with Plateau state?they are going to re-group and lunch a severe mayhem on poor and innocent villagers and then it will be too late to call them for any meaningful dialog.The Governor of Plateau and the Berom people should be sincere enough to themselves and stop looking for an excuse to chase Fulanis from the state.Berom were the one that started the killings and stealing of Fulanis belonging including their cows that they cherished more than their children.we have enough security challenges confronting us as a nation,there is Boko haram,Niger Delta militant,Masob,kidnappers,Arm robbers and we cant afford another terrorist group not unforgiving Fulanis for that matter.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tunshe: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2012
hotwax:

Fulanis are the worst animals on this planet.
They kill innocent farmers just because they want to take their cows for grazing. Imagine, killing human being bcuz of grass
They kill their host everywhere they are from Ogun state to Abia to Benue. Fulanis are always killing people everyday.
Are they the one being offended? If all ethnic groups kill with a little or no excuse as they are, who else will remain in Nigeria
They kill Tiv people everyday in Benue. What have these innocent TIV farmer done to them ?
They kill in Kaduna, are they d only one in Nigeria?

My dear,I see your point.You have identified one of the root cause(although not sure that's the true picture).What is the role of the stake holders including the Government to prevent future occurrence?

Whats your suggestion to bring an end to these killings?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by maigida231(m): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2012
The reason y we issue d fulani in bakin Ladi to vacated is to ensure we(stf) carry our operation with effective free minds dat there are not innocent cilivans in is area dat we r going conduct is operation,we r going in full force against is enemies d r still hidin among d fulani,bush n rocks we declared is a war zone and we wouldn't want a situation were innocent fulani to be caught in is battle before media will say we were order to kill fulani people as a revenge by gov jang and berom people,yes is not a easy task for us,fulani people or government but must put measures to acquired peace,GOD bless Nigeria army,GOD bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ozonna(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2012
ogochukwunasa1:

cheesy igbos una dey hear wetin dis baga dey talk

Dude, he spoke the truth. Anytime we start killing yorubas unnecessarily in Lagos, let dem chase us away simpl

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2012
naijababe:

Coming from you, this is terribly disappointing. I guess the US should have deported all [size=18pt]Asian[/size] Americans on account of war on [size=18pt]terror[/size] undecided

[img]http://ithuglife.files./2009/08/622.gif[/img] #DAFUQ?!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2012
it is hard for me to sympathize/empathize with fulani because they have allowed their nomads to be a law unto themselves.

and this is all over the country

build reservations for your nomads rather than allowing to run riot over nigeria

yes, the berom have their part in this - but it looks to me like they have been pushed to the wall.

though that could be biased media reporting
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2012
Ozonna:

Dude, he spoke the truth. Anytime we start killing yorubas unnecessarily in Lagos, let dem chase us away simpl

Correct yarns. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN / Ondo Poll: We Will Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate If... - INEC / Just In: Dino Melaye Finally Meets Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.