Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19255 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
And since when did all Hausas become murderers ? Like Trogunn said Yorubas and Hausas are binded by the cultural and religious similarities between them . The South east and South south religious and cultural inclination is totally different from that of the Hausa-fulani man . The STF's resolution to evacuate the Hausas is not a good one but if they decide to go ahead with it then the Southwest would be the most preferred option for the Hausas.
P:s: This is just by the way I have lots of edo friends and they detest yorubas or people who try to bundle them along with the yorubas . They believe they are Bini or Esan . I think the people of Edo state should be allowed to identify themselves BY THEMSELVES . Any move to make them an "ANNEX" of another tribe would create identity crisis and is totally unacceptable .

My big question is: Why are Edos counting themselves as South-West. And majority of them always claimed to be Yorubas?
May be you do not know the difference between Igbo and Edo. Only Igbo will detest yorubas. Edo people are always Yoruba family. You can go and conduct a survey and see where they will align to.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: I will rather share culture with Yorubas than with some cannibalistic tribe: guess which tribe I am talking about ! Moreover it is a historical fact Edos and Yorubas are the same people! Just ask the Oba of Benin !
hope u are not talking about ishan people? well is only a few pocket tribes in EDO state will ally with SW which i belive u are part of them,what i have observed from ishan,auchi, people they dont want to be associated with Yorubas they like it the way they are you cant force them u know?same as anioma people want to be alone even thou they share similarities with igbos....have you been to delta state b4?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: What I don't understand is why you are trying to push a competition of : "who will the northerners feel most comfortable with ?"
Why don't they just resettle in the north ? I am from the south-south (Edo) and i feel more comfortable with the south-west than the south-east, so does most south-south people. Why would you suggest we should be bringing haussa fulanis en masse to our dear land ? Who gives you the right to speak on our behalf. Just speak only for your own land and live us alone !

Chief, relax. Was just having fun, but apparently you are taking it too seriously. The Fulanis can always head up North. Or remove the bad eggs among them and stop being a nuisance to everyone, then people won't mind them so much. . That nobody really wants them means something's wrong.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
hotwax:

My big question is: Why are Edos counting themselves as South-West. And majority of them always claimed to be Yorubas?
May be you do not know the difference between Igbo and Edo. Only Igbo will detest yorubas. Edo people are always Yoruba family. You can go and conduct a survey and see where they will align to.

This issue has been addressed OVER AND OVER again on this forum . Edo people are NOT YORUBAS . The geographical location of a tribe or people doesn't determine their identity . Take the OLD EASTERN REGION for example back in the 60's would you say the efiks , ijaws etc were igbos because they were part of the OLD EASTERN REGION ? No. I don't need a research to tell me that what i ALREADY know , i have friends , LOTS OF FRIENDS from edo state and they don't believe this "annexation of yorubaland" theory that yorubas are desperately pushing for . Edo indigenes are the ONLY ones who have the right to determine their identity and please LETS NOT DERAIL THIS TOPIC. back to the topic.
TroGunn:

Chief, relax. Was just having fun, but apparently you are taking it too seriously. The Fulanis can always head up North. Or remove the bad eggs among them and stop being a nuisance to everyone, then people won't mind them so much. . That nobody really wants them means something's wrong.

I don't know about you but i wasn't "having fun" or trying to rile anyone up when i suggested that the SOUTHWEST is the best location for the STF to resettle the evacuated Hausas. There's a lot of Cultural , Religious and even Political similarities . The yorubas and the hausas have the highest rate of inter-tribal marriages in Nigeria and they have built a cordial relationship so its only right that the Fulanis are resettled in the south west for the time being .
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: I was talking about igbo people, the man eaters.
igbo people the man eaters hahahahahah my friend use ur head u are sounding stupiddd ur so call oba eat humans flesh before they can sit in the throne,igbos don't want Muslims in their land and it stops at that till they can be curtailed yorubas always prefer Hausa/Fulani than any other tribe in SS/SE accept some few small pocket tribes in EDO which count to nothing.Why rejecting ur friends? hausa have inflated SW so deep that is impossible to chase them away from SW or else you want more baboons and donkeys soak in blood.......
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bigmaut: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
Forcing fulanis a troublesome guess frm yur land is favourable they are nomadic & uncivilised they shld not be allowed 2 stay in a place 4 long or else dey bring trouble,sorrow,tears & blood to the host,no sane man shld care a hoot about d evacuation order cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by bibina: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: They are not indigenous to Plateau. Their best bet is to return to wherever they come from. If they refuse the order to leave, then.....

I support the military operation intoto, those folk should be killed and their remains fed to the vultures. Are they better than the thousands of innocent people, men, women and children they killed and are still killing. What is comparable to life? do you who many of those killed would have become tomorrow? when you allow the devil to remain in your midst then prepare to die. I sincerely wish the likes of the abachas of this world were still around. Bleep the fulanis
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
I don't know about you but i wasn't "having fun" or trying to rile anyone up when i suggested that the SOUTHWEST is the best location for the STF to resettle the evacuated Hausas. There's a lot of Cultural , Religious and even Political similarities . The yorubas and the hausas have the highest rate of inter-tribal marriages in Nigeria and they have built a cordial relationship so its only right that the Fulanis are resettled in the south west for the time being .[/quote]you are right!cultural religious and political similarities and i believe they can understand themselves better...
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by yam: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
Demdem:

the law permits the perpetrators of those heinous crimes to be fished out and dealt with severally and not for a whole tribe to be banished

u are mad ! if u are nt mad i bet someone in your family is, i dare anyone to tell me i am impolite.

the first offender always go free like the fulani and wen retaliation comes then they say rubbish.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: Why then do you remain deaf when an Edo tells you history shows Edos and Yoruba are one same people. And why can't you with your man eating habits say why it is better to relocate fulanis to southwest rather than the north !

You are from Edo state right ? Hahaha then i am a martian from mars ROFLMAO !! Trust me you could be chinese for all i care . I don't believe ANYONE behind a computer screen grin grin grin grin so please drop this whole "edos are yorubas" talk and stick to the topic . As for the bolded part of your post well i've giving you logical reasons on why the southwest is the best place to resettle the hausas but you still wouldn't agree
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
They don't need to leave. . . .Let's see what happens next.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: Your family house would be better to accommodate the fulanis especially boko haram.
I would vote for that!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: Little cannibal go back to your kitchen and eat some more of your children, don't come here and tell me you know my people better than me.
can u tell me why u are so scared of Fulani in SW even the real yorubas are not complaining,it is you OZU minority is having migraine for Yorubas, dont you no that yorubas see EDO state as numbers not as their people??be wise!! my yoruba friend will say EDO state na our boy naaah smiley smiley
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
They don't need to leave. . . .Let's see what happens next.

Leave they shall. The very sick high of murdering people in their sleep has come to an end. You guys need to go look for another pastime.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: No actually you gave no reason, all you said was: some Yorubas are muslims and Yorubas like to marry haussa.
How is that a logical reason. And yet you haven't given any reason why the homeland of the fulanis would be less fit for them than the south-west. Me i want them to be relocated in the south east so that you people can bund a little. And I hope they bring their boko haram with them. You bring your igbo kweno with you.
My main reason for the relocation is that they will teach you not to be racist and not to be cannibals and they will keep your big mouths shot. I.mbecile people!

I would love to put up an intellectually constructive write up as a response but. . . . .

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
This issue has been addressed OVER AND OVER again on this forum . Edo people are NOT YORUBAS . The geographical location of a tribe or people doesn't determine their identity . Take the OLD EASTERN REGION for example back in the 60's would you say the efiks , ijaws etc were igbos because they were part of the OLD EASTERN REGION ? No. I don't need a research to tell me that what i ALREADY know , i have friends , LOTS OF FRIENDS from edo state and they don't believe this "annexation of yorubaland" theory that yorubas are desperately pushing for . Edo indigenes are the ONLY ones who have the right to determine their identity and please LETS NOT DERAIL THIS TOPIC. back to the topic.

I have been in Benin city so many times. Benin always recognizes themselves as Yoruba. Buh, you come here and say pooo. Who are you to choose for them?
They know where dey wanna belong. They know their history, they know where they are coming from. EDO is part of South-west period. It has been like that. So there is nothing you (only one man and non-Edo, outsider) can do about it.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: No actually you gave no reason, all you said was: some Yorubas are muslims and Yorubas like to marry haussa.
How is that a logical reason. And yet you haven't given any reason why the homeland of the fulanis would be less fit for them than the south-west. Me i want them to be relocated in the south east so that you people can bund a little. And I hope they bring their boko haram with them. You bring your igbo kweno with you.
My main reason for the relocation is that they will teach you not to be racist and not to be cannibals and they will keep your big mouths shot. I.mbecile people!
the only group Hausa/Fulani dey fear in Nigeria are igbos and the reason is there for history to teach u, they will never wan anything to do with the igbos talk-less of lookin for their trouble go and ask abacha or Ibb.....we challenge them and they back down, now they are killing the minorities that died in the battle field fighting to make Nigeria one.You forgotten so quick the power igbos possessthe whole country fought igbos and lost over 300.000 people, are u out of ur head?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
hotwax:

I have been in Benin city so many times. Benin always recognizes themselves as Yoruba. Buh, you come here and say pooo. Who are you to choose for them?
They know where dey wanna belong. They know their history, they know where they are coming from. EDO is part of South-west period. It has been like that. So there is nothing you (only one man and non-Edo, outsider) can do about it.
Go here : https://www.nairaland.com/862912/myth-reality-yoruba-closer-edos/3
and here : https://www.nairaland.com/947558/edo-bini-people-see-themselves/3 .

[size=15pt]The first link is about 35pages while the second is about 11 pages . This issue has been addressed over and over again . This topic is about the EVACUATION OF HAUSAS and not the "mythological" link between yorubas and edos. PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL THE TOPIC angry angry angry.[/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: but ... you have none. All you have is hate. You want the worse criminals on earth to be relocated to the south-west because you hate Yoruba. All you want is death to Yoruba people. It will not work. You will die by your own wishes, and there is an other reason why I would prefer boko haram relocate in the south-east: after the civil war genocide by them of three million of you, there was no punishment. So their killing habits in your land would go unnoticed and unpunished.

Hate ? who hates the yorubas ? OPEN YOUR EYES and look around the south west particularly kwara , yewa in ogun state and ibadan EVEN in oshogbo . The Hausas have been in YORUBALAND for YEARS , They like it there. Both tribes (Hausa and Yoruba) Inter marry , share the same cultural and religious views , look alike etc . The point i am trying to make is this : The best place for the STF to relocate the fulanis to is the SOUTH WEST . This is one nation and we MUST BE OUR BROTHERS KEEPER. Stop being a tribal bigot , I have no problem with the Fulanis neither do i have any problem with Yorubas .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / The Dankwambo Alternative And The Choice Before Nigeria In 2019 / We Pay N1.5billion To Poorest Nigerians Monthly - VP Osinbajo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.