Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) (10177 Views)

Please Help!! I Caught My Elder Sister Sleeping With Our Father – What Should I / Signs That Proves You Are Not A Pretty Lady! / 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by osolomio: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
There are those living toaday with such revealed secreats, but decided to keep it within the family. There is no point making noise about it to avoid heart failure.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ooua: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
Reading most of the replies, I can conclude that most of you are still young to comment on this all life issue. If you can walk out on the woman/son after 20yrs, then there is no thru love and forgiveness. It is possible she did it to keep the marriage because you cannot father a child. Ask all the families to do a DNA test and you will find that up to 50% have children who are not their biological children. The important thing in live is learn to love all and forgive no matter how hard.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by BabaOlowo: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
ooua: Reading most of the replies, I can conclude that most of you are still young to comment on this all life issue. If you can walk out on the woman/son after 20yrs, then there is no thru love and forgiveness. It is possible she did it to keep the marriage because you cannot father a child. Ask all the families to do a DNA test and you will find that up to 50% have children who are not their biological children. The important thing in live is learn to love all and forgive no matter how hard.

True Talk, though Painful but one just need to move on in Life.

1 Like

Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ooua: 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2012
I forgot to ask how are you sure your dad is your biological father, just a thoughtsmiley
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Freiburger: What will you do if you find out that you are not the biological father of a child you have been raising for lets assume 20 years?
I would feel bad. Then, I would ask my wife why she lied to me.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Melahou(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
dammytex: If I tell you this is exactly what I'd do, then I'm lying.

After fathering a child for twenty years? I'd probably have to really work hard on how to forgive her because if a woman can stay and endure me for twenty years, it has to count for something. Of course I can't start hating a child I've loved for 20 years.

A tough one though.

u call cheating on you endure... she`s only wit u cos u re married 2 her...
let her pack her load n find her way... cheesy
who knows if dere re orda secrets dat she`s hiding. tongue
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
Legally can you sue and collect back the money spent on the child?

1 Like

Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
In my place, our tradition states that once a man pays the pride price of a woman and marries her legally, even if the woman goes to another planet and have a child, the child rightfully belongs to the husband. We even marry wives for impotent family members and lonely/childless grannies. they have kids and bring them up to keep the family's name alive. This has been our tradition for ages even before DNA test was introduced. however, if it happens to me, DNA can go to hell because i will stick to the tradition of my land. i will bring the child up as my child.

1 Like

Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
991: In my place, our tradition states that once a man pays the pride price of a woman and marries her legally, even if the woman goes to another planet and have a child, the child rightfully belongs to the husband. We even marry wives for impotent family members and lonely/childless grannies. they have kids and bring them up to keep the family's name alive. This has been our tradition for ages even before DNA test was introduced. however, if it happens to me, DNA can go to hell because i will stick to the tradition of my land. i will bring the child up as my child.

What if the Biological father wants his child back
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
^^^^^did i hear you say his son?
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Pimples(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu:

What if the Biological father wants his child back

U mean after my Investment of 20 Years. IMMPOSSICANT
By the time I give him an estimated list of what I've spent, I Believe he'll have a rethink
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by hammedkola(m): 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Freiburger: What will you do if you find out that you are not the biological father of a child you have been raising for lets assume 20 years?

Dem never born the child well make him deny me even though he/she knows the truth...And besides, i won't marry that type of wife
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Freiburger(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
^^ You can never tell, what if the woman didn't even knew you weren't the father? hope you got me.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by gator666: 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
Almost every man is capable of making a baby. However, not every man is capable of caring for his kids in a way that will, one day, give properly brought up young people.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Pimples:

U mean after my Investment of 20 Years. IMMPOSSICANT
By the time I give him an estimated list of what I've spent, I Believe he'll have a rethink

he wants his child simple, he doesnt care what you have spent and he didnt beg you to spend it. you spent it cos you wanted to.

Na your wife go bring the money cos he was "robbed" of the product of his loins and he has now come back to claim his biological son
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ochukoccna: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
That's why it is said,
If you don't know your father, ask your mother smiley smiley smiley
Na woman know who get belle cool cool cool
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu:

he wants his child simple, he doesnt care what you have spent and he didnt beg you to spend it. you spent it cos you wanted to.

Na your wife go bring the money cos he was "robbed" of the product of his loins and he has now come back to claim his biological son

If that be the case, then he should be ready to face the most effective legal actions there is, by the way, @20yrs the child would have known the kind of father i have been to him/her, remember what Mario balloteli told his Ghana-parents.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Abyjah: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
tpia@:
If the child is a billionaire nko?

@ topic.

Wont you ignore the result, pretend it never happened, and attack anyone who suggests otherwise.

Abeg make i hear word.
let's say the child is Wizdayo, emmm, I myt consider .........both him and his mum.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
991:

If that be the case, then he should be ready to face the most effective legal actions there is, by the way, @20yrs the child would have known the kind of father i have been to him/her, remember what Mario balloteli told his Ghana-parents.

Thats why I want to know if their is a provision in law for such scenarios

When men dont take care of their kids they can be sued and jailed for child support

What of when a man has been unknowingly taking care of a child not his, Can he get the money back
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Aybank: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
jux pretend it neva hapened...§4 my mynd§
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Thats why I want to know if their is a provision in law for such scenarios

When men dont take care of their kids they can be sued and jailed for child support

What of when a man has been unknowingly taking care of a child not his, Can he get the money back

Ok, now i got your point. well, i don't know if we have such provision in our constitution, i read somewhere that Lagos state govt has criminalized negligence of pregnant ladies.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by deshclones(m): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
(btwn me and ma wife)...One of us must reach either heaven or hell...and the other person will definitely cool off at alagbon ,panti or kirikiri...rubbish
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by GboyegaD(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
It truly isn't something I can give a response to but if it happens, the first thing would be to discuss why it happened and why she kept it for so long. The most hurtful is since she knew this, why then make us go through the DNA thing? Why not just tell me before then so that we can manage it than exposing the family to the world?
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by r231(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ikachi1: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
If I don raise the child for 20 years, unless the real father comes up to claim his child, he remains my child after all, people de adopt pikin. But after all these, even the mama good morning will be investigated before I answer. I go look time to make sure say e never pass 12 mid day. Na so I see am.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ocelot2006(m): 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Simple. I'll kick both of then out of my house. I'm allergic to betrayal and infidelity.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by pbs4real(m): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
Going 4 my AK47...
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
@OP
if i have been raising that young man for 2o long yrs, feeding, clothing caring and loving him, then THATS MY CHILD....whether the test says the contrary or not (and guess what?! the child would feel the same way too)

curiosity may have this young adult try to find out who his father is, but that FOR SURE wont make him look at you (the man who raised him aka his dad) any different.

as for the wifey, i guess she will be free to go, because such deceit cannot be forgiven.

btw: at 20yrs old, there is no such thing as his biological father wanting him back. the child is now an adult and he can decide who he wants to live with, or do with his life.

1 Like

Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Ninilowo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
It is infidelity that prompts such a move and in that case, there is lacck.of confidence bet ween the parties. To avoid such a result, Dont even do the genotye.
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by ektbear: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2012

murder both the woman and the child

just kidding grin

maybe
Re: When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) by Chongaiman: 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
Watched a news item in which the husband secretly harboured doubts about his daughter's paternity. DNA test confirmed his fears. He confronted his wife who denied infidelity. DNA test showed she wasn't the mother either. Investigation at the hospital where the girl was born revealed that she was wrongly tagged. Her real parents were traced and they too were surprised to learn that they had been raising the mentioned couple's child all this while. . . .

So, if the DNA test disproves paternity, the child's maternity should also be tested.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Made Love To My Father ( 18+) / Guys If Ur Spending Money On Ur Bae And U Haven't Fuccked Her, Ur A Big Foool.. / Physically Unattractive People Should Not Procreate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.