Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,352 members, 7,846,525 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309305 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obowunmi(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

If she is actually banned, then it is a ban to life. Not else, this is America!

Yes I agree with imperiouxx, Mercylicious - I believe she is banned for at least 10 years. She can go to T.B. Joshua for prayers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Tee.tee:
Help! My aunty ws unable to pay my sevis fee online in the Uk. She ws also unable to pay thru western union.. So now d only option is to pay thru d mail by intl money order nd dat would take too much time. My interview is on d 19th of november. What can I do? Pls I need ur advice sad

Teetee. Try GIEVA first or maybe you need to give your Aunt step by step info on how to make the payment. Most people are able to get it done in the UK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: Dear Imperioxx, kpoli and the rest gurus in the house. I want to ask a question, as you all know I am on the race to secure an F1 visa after being denied in September. I plan on scheduling my interview for November ending or 1st week of december. Now my question is: can I go to America via another visa type other than F1. There is a company that is going for a conference in first week of January and I was asked to apply if I want to join them. I don't know if its possible for me to go with them when I have already gone for an interview for F1 visa and was denied in september. Kindly advice me please. Because I think going with them (the conference)has positive % and assurance of getting the visa THAN going for another interview for my F1 by month end. I need your help and advices please.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The truth shall set you free...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
Had the same problem even my Uncle in the states went to different western union agent in CA but they kept saying the payment can't be made via western union but at the end he make use of cashier check which was very fast and the following day i printed out my online receipt but guess what the hard copy was been delivered to me yesterday via DHL. So if you wouldn't mind tell your Aunt to use the same method because i can see its far better than that of western union.

Tee.tee:
Help! My aunty ws unable to pay my sevis fee online in the Uk. She ws also unable to pay thru western union.. So now d only option is to pay thru d mail by intl money order nd dat would take too much time. My interview is on d 19th of november. What can I do? Pls I need ur advice sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
obowunmi:

Yes I agree with imperiouxx, Mercylicious - I believe she is banned for at least 10 years. She can go to T.B. Joshua for prayers.

lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Yvete:

Teetee. Try GIEVA first or maybe you need to give your Aunt step by step info on how to make the payment. Most people are able to get it done in the UK.

As I said b4, only some specific western union offices can send this. . . you can check the SEVIS site to see the list of locations that can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
dnpasion: Had the same problem even my Uncle in the states went to different western union agent in CA but they kept saying the payment can't be made via western union but at the end he make use of cashier check which was very fast and the following day i printed out my online receipt but guess what the hard copy was been delivered to me yesterday via DHL. So if you wouldn't mind tell your Aunt to use the same method because i can see its far better than that of western union.

One time I said here that paying through western union in US or elsewhere isn't easy (for those that haven't done it before) and I passed through hell to get it done for a friend because many western union outlets here don't know anything about paying SEVIS, someone who is not helpful rather than to criticize me said just go, take the online sample, get there and fill the same thing......lolz, please fill my names on it, I would be glad to use the money for weekend(just joking). It is possible and will be easy if the person paying for you knows how to direct them at the place (not on the useless form but on their computer gon gon) or the western union cashier is patient. This is because the step requires patience and sevis payment experience which many of them don't know. Secondly, like the person said that day, relying on the online sample will throw the person helping you in perplex when he gets there and see that the online sample is a big flop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
@
Imperiouxx, Dnpasion, yvette, Mr. Chris, kpolli....
Thnks for d advice! God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re Western Union Quick pay

I`m not sure there are Western Union outlets in the US or UK that cannot process SEVIS payment/Quick pay; I may be wrong but it seems this is where they make money. I have done this seven (7) times and I have had luck all seven times. Granted the fo=irst time I was not sure of what I was doing but after that I became a guru (Yay me!!!)
First you are using the Quick Pay form. I used the online example which is a little different from the form you see at the Western Union office but it still worked. Any western UUnion office that processes bill payment should be able to figure this out.
Alternatively, you can call Western Union service number and make a virtual payment. They will get all your information (Name, SEVIS no, DOB and all the good things) and put them in their system (whereever that agent is), they will give you a control number which you will take to a Western Union outlet, give to the Clerk and voila! He/She will pull your details with the number and all you do is pay. Been there done that. It never gets easier.

Good luck!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
dnpasion: Had the same problem even my Uncle in the states went to different western union agent in CA but they kept saying the payment can't be made via western union but at the end he make use of cashier check which was very fast and the following day i printed out my online receipt but guess what the hard copy was been delivered to me yesterday via DHL. So if you wouldn't mind tell your Aunt to use the same method because i can see its far better than that of western union.

Pls whts d process he had to go thru to pay by cashiers check in d US? Did he mail ur form 1-901 to sevis office in America or he filled d form online?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
biofem2000: Re Western Union Quick pay

I`m not sure there are Western Union outlets in the US or UK that cannot process SEVIS payment/Quick pay; I may be wrong but it seems this is where they make money. I have done this seven (7) times and I have had luck all seven times. Granted the fo=irst time I was not sure of what I was doing but after that I became a guru (Yay me!!!)
First you are using the Quick Pay form. I used the online example which is a little different from the
form you see at the Western Union office but it still worked. Any western UUnion office that processes bill payment should be able to figure this out.
Alternatively, you can call Western Union service number and make a virtual payment. They will get all your information (Name, SEVIS no, DOB and all the good things) and put them in their system (whereever that agent is), they will give you a control number which you will take to a Western Union outlet, give to the Clerk and voila! He/She will pull your details with the number and all you do is pay. Been there done that. It never gets easier.

Good luck!!!
Lol! Thnx smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

If she is actually banned, then it is a ban to life. Not else, this is America!

Don't think so imperiouxx, there are different levels of bans depending on how long one over stays.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
biofem2000: Re Western Union Quick pay

First you are using the Quick Pay form. I used the online example which is a little different from the form you see at the Western Union office but it still worked. Any western UUnion office that processes bill payment should be able to figure this out.

Good luck!!!

Not all western union sites in UK do quick pay. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by profGinger: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Jesus spring arise arise for us.igbunu worukeve.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Tee.tee:

Lol! Thnx smiley
Tee Tee and others who may have issues with SEVIS payment...my own advice will be to try to go to Seme border or Cotonou to make your payment...Your hustle has begun ooo...you will face more hustle when you arrive here so i think it's best to start the learning process right from back home...I tell you the truth, paying at Seme border isn't as difficult as you think...instead of waiting for someone to make the payment for you from here which to me seems more complex...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 9:41am On Nov 09, 2012
Who can verify this website ussafrica.org.They claim to offer scholarship to african students.I want to know if anyone know about them or hw genuine they are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2012
What are the available dates in us embassy in lagos is nov or dec still open?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2012
eduson002: Who can verify this website ussafrica.org.They claim to offer scholarship to african students.I want to know if anyone know about them or hw genuine they are.

Its fraud, known fact for long time now, they only sale those forms and you get no scholarship

https://www.nairaland.com/188616/united-state-scholarship-africa-program

http://www./f46/united-states-scholarship-africa-fruad-fake-spread-fast-11499/

Whoever has money to waste should go ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2012
Sum1 should please answer me urgently oh "What are the available dates in us embassy in lagos is nov or dec still open?"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2012
justwise:

Its fraud, known fact for long time now, they only sale those forms and you get no scholarship

https://www.nairaland.com/188616/united-state-scholarship-africa-program

http://www./f46/united-states-scholarship-africa-fruad-fake-spread-fast-11499/

Whoever has money to waste should go ahead.
Ok thanks.I never believed them anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kazzy78: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
How long does the vo uses to make inquiry on applicant previous travelling history.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kazzy78: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
how long does the american embassy uses to make inquiry on an applicant previous travelling history from other country immigration offices
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Are you trying to say I am not genuine? I'm only scared of getting denied again because I was well prepared at my first interview. Now Listen to the way you answered my question with offensive sentences. Did you see how imperiouxx answered me? That's Maturity....u better grow up. I asked a question because I want to learn and not do the wrong thing so if you will answer me do that in a polite way else don't even go there. The question was directed to the gurus in the house and they know themselves not you. (No disrespect too) Cheers

Yvete:

The fact that you desire another visa type shows your desperation to leave Nigeria by whatever means possible (FYI: Your profile says it all, and you and I know what I'm talking about). People like you mess up opportunities for REAL Nigerian students, no disrespect. So the conference means a lot more to you than your education? The last time you were denied in September, you told the VO that you don't work. Now a company hired you and within 2 months they're sending you to the US?? As what? ... Do the right thing and let genuine students get the visas abeg.

The truth shall set you free...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bro there are no available dates in November and December for Lagos. I'll advice you to always check at nights because they release some dates out of the booked one most times (probably from applicants that cancel). You might check back tonight and see dates for tomorrow or next or monday available when you see such, you can quickly book it (which means you will have to be well prepared and ready to have your interview at any time T). Cheers

elkharpone: Sum1 should please answer me urgently oh "What are the available dates in us embassy in lagos is nov or dec still open?"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Anthonymighty,

It's alright friend, cool it. Just stick with your F1 aspiration come what may.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
Anthonymighty: Are you trying to say I am not genuine? I'm only scared of getting denied again because I was well prepared at my first interview. Now Listen to the way you answered my question with offensive sentences. Did you see how imperiouxx answered me? That's Maturity....u better grow up. I asked a question because I want to learn and not do the wrong thing so if you will answer me do that in a polite way else don't even go there. The question was directed to the gurus in the house and they know themselves not you. (No disrespect too) Cheers

Sorry that it upset you. The truth is what I stated and you know it. Since constructive criticism gets to your feelings "grown man", my bad! Maturity is when you get information and take the truth without sentiments. If you're this emotional on a faceless forum without heat, wow! My words shouldn't hurt you neither will yours and no one else on here.

If you would like to return to the Embassy a million times, ignore me and make yourself a guru cos I'm not. FYI: I'm not looking for a visa and the days of my student visa are long over likewise the days on a H1B. I listened and took advises. Each person's testimony is a lesson for others, hence, my participation on here. I'll mind my business.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hello peeps wots happening hw many peeps hv received dier i-20 cos my friend i-20 hv bin posted since last mon n he is yet to receive it n is bodered cos he needs to pay d sevis n schedule but he hasn't received it pals wots d way forward
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
Yvete:

Sorry that it upset you. The truth is what I stated and you know it. Since constructive criticism gets to your feelings "grown man", my bad! Maturity is when you get information and take the truth without sentiments. If you're this emotional on a faceless forum without heat, wow! My words shouldn't hurt you neither will yours and no one else on here.

If you would like to return to the Embassy a million times, ignore me and make yourself a guru cos I'm not. FYI: I'm not looking for a visa and the days of my student visa are long over likewise the days on a H1B. I listened and took advises. Each person's testimony is a lesson for others, hence, my participation on here. I'll mind my business.

Madam Yvete, I hope your last comment does not imply that you are backing off from this thread? Please, don't. The thread need people with balanced eye of criticism like you on here. I have seen some of your contributions/suggestions here and they are well articulated. Hence, please continue doing your humanitarian job here. Thank you ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
deevick246:

Madam Yvete, I hope your last comment does not imply that you are backing off from this thread? Please, don't. The thread need people with balanced eye of criticism like you on here. I have seen some of your contributions/suggestions here and they are well articulated. Hence, please continue doing your humanitarian job here. Thank you ma.

Na waa ooo i wonder when fights will end for this thread...you guys should take it easy ooo...Yvete and AnthonyMighty...please take it easy...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
I applied for health science but in my i-20 twas written health services when feeling my ds-160 form i wrote health science oh...hope i didn't Bleep up in anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
elkharpone: I applied for health science but in my i-20 twas written health services when feeling my ds-160 form i wrote health science oh...hope i didn't Bleep up in anyway

No u didn't
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Surestboyxxx: 6:32am On Nov 10, 2012
Hi Everyone, Imperioxx and co...I need some list of uni that offer Computer and Networking Security in UG please....

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.