Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309009 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
using this medium to say good luck to all spring applicants in our forthcoming interview ..pls and pls abstain from any form of immoral act for now like sex grin .talking from experience

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
when will u be going cos am planning on going aswel

@knock out, am looking at monday cos my interview is very close!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
imperiouxx:

edus,

Getting money sent to me will cost you much because you have to pay Nigeria bank charges + bank in US will cut out of your money for wire transfer and state taxes. Instead, I advice that you go to either GTN or GIEVA. I used GTN very very well when in Nigeria, sometimes pay to their account then write them email containing the link I want them to pay to and they have never disappointed me. You know I can lead you to ruin or lost.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
madeit2thetop: using this medium to say good luck to all spring applicants in our forthcoming interview ..pls and pls abstain from any form of immoral act for now like sex grin .talking from experience

LMFAO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
@imperiouxx

My bro wants Canada more than Us schools.With this ur 'I studied Biochem and graduated with GPA of 3.68/5.00, after my WES evaluation in May 2011, my evaluated GPA was 3.29/4.00', what could his non-Wes 4.14 out of 5.0 be? He studied Biochem as well. Has 87 in TOEFL and will do GRE Dec 10. Please throw more light on the likely majors for Ms considering their relevance and job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
madeit2thetop: using this medium to say good luck to all spring applicants in our forthcoming interview ..pls and pls abstain from any form of immoral act for now like sex grin .talking from experience

No be only sex oh..419,lying,robbery...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
why?.........wld it cos denial of ones visa request?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:45am On Nov 23, 2012
ferdimako: @imperiouxx

My bro wants Canada more than Us schools.With this ur 'I studied Biochem and graduated with GPA of 3.68/5.00, after my WES evaluation in May 2011, my evaluated GPA was 3.29/4.00', what could his non-Wes 4.14 out of 5.0 be? He studied Biochem as well. Has 87 in TOEFL and will do GRE Dec 10. Please throw more light on the likely majors for Ms considering their relevance and job.

If my 3.68/5.00 later became 3.29/4.00, then your brother's 4.14/5.00 will be far far high on 4.00 scale either with wes or others. I envy his grade, too good. The major depends on whatever he likes to study but he should know that Biochemistry is under Chemistry here. Unless he is going for a biomedical science, then he can get Biochemistry under
Cancer biology
Chemical-biology
Biochemistry and molecular genetics
Molecular biology
Genetics.

The first or third I like the most but the first I'm going for soon. Since cancer research has become the current biomedical research gold now and no more HIV/AIDS wink MONEY! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04am On Nov 23, 2012
eduson002: Thanks

You'll pay their own charges too but it cheaper and faster that way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:16am On Nov 23, 2012

Different for me. I did in annoyance just to dare the worse 3 days after I was denied while still waiting for my emergency date to be approved. And guess what! 9 days after, I got the visa. It's your fate/destiny, if you're destined to get it, nothing can stop it. God is so kind even with all our unrighteousness, we sin today, we beg him tomorrow and he still listen and show us mercy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

You'll pay their own charges too but it cheaper and faster that way.
sorry imperiouxx, how do they charge for their services? n how cheap is it? d percentage they deduct?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

If my 3.68/5.00 later became 3.29/4.00, then your brother's 4.14/5.00 will be far far high on 4.00 scale either with wes or others. I envy his grade, too good. The major depends on whatever he likes to study but he should know that Biochemistry is under Chemistry here. Unless he is going for a biomedical science, then he can get Biochemistry under
Cancer biology
Chemical-biology
Biochemistry and molecular genetics
Molecular biology
Genetics.

The first or third I like the most but the first I'm going for soon. Since cancer research has become the current biomedical research gold now and no more HIV/AIDS wink MONEY! grin

Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2012
Woooosh! My stomach don full with enough Turkey...I just dey chop turkey here and there...ah! thanksgiving is good....ooops...sorry guys i've forgotten this is student visa arena not turkey chopping/ discussion arena grin grin grin grin...spring applicants no let una mouth dey water just yet oo...get the visa first and Turkeys will flow...Where are the visa good news...na only two i don hear so far ooo tee tee and ronalg...wish y'all success in your interview cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: sorry imperiouxx, how do they charge for their services? n how cheap is it? d percentage they deduct?

Last I used them it was around N2-3K per $100 sent. I'm not sure of this anymore but you can check this link and inquire from them directly. http://www.gtn-ng.com/contact.html

It can cause you N5-8K for Nigeria bank charges + US bank charges and here is the charges on the recent one sent to me from Nigeria;

10/19/12 STATE SALES TAX $1.16
10/19/12 WIRE TRANS SVC CHARGE - SEQUENCE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx7 SRF# Sxxxxxxxxxx1 TRN#xxxxxxxxxx RFB# $15.00
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:48am On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

Last I used them it was around N2-3K per $100 sent. I'm not sure of this anymore but you can check this link and inquire from them directly. http://www.gtn-ng.com/contact.html

It can cause you N5-8K for Nigeria bank charges + US bank charges and here is the recent one sent to me from Nigeria;

10/19/12 STATE SALES TAX $1.16
10/19/12 WIRE TRANS SVC CHARGE - SEQUENCE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx7 SRF# Sxxxxxxxxxx1 TRN#xxxxxxxxxx RFB# $15.00
I just wanna send $26. I already paid $200.how much will that be? I already emailed them,they r yet to reply n I wanna pay today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:01am On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

edus,

Getting money sent to me will cost you much because you have to pay Nigeria bank charges + bank in US will cut out of your money for wire transfer and state taxes. Instead, I advice that you go to either GTN or GIEVA. I used GTN very very well when in Nigeria, sometimes pay to their account then write them email containing the link I want them to pay to and they have never disappointed me. You know I can lead you to ruin or lost.
Edus, I think he meant, can't. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:15am On Nov 23, 2012
ferdimako: @imperiouxx

Your brother should be expecting, at least, 3.50 on the 4 point scale. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.10 from EE, UNN and after using the US 4-point conversion scale I found on the WES website, my new CGPA was 3.55 out of 4.00.
Below is a snapshot of the conversion scale from WES.
Our A is their A, our B is their B+, our C is their B, our D is their C+, our E is their C and F remains the same. The beauty of their 4 point scale is that there are no Ds and Es - all our D and E grades get converted to C+ and C grades, thus adding more points to the overall final CGPA.
A = 4.0, B+ = 3.50, B = 3.0, C+ = 2.50, C = 2.00, and F is 0 point. If he has his transcripts available, let him do the conversion, at least he'll get an idea of what his 4-point CGPA looks like.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Your brother should be expecting, at least, 3.50 on the 4 point scale. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.10 from EE, UNN and after using the US 4-point conversion scale I found on the WES website, my new CGPA was 3.55 out of 4.00.
That is the snapshot of the conversion scale from WES.
Our A is their A, our B is their B+, our C is their B, our D is their C+, our E is their C and F remains the same. The beauty of their 4 point scale is that there are no Ds and Es - all our D and E grades get converted to C+ and C grades, thus adding more points to the overall final CGPA.
A = 4.0, B+ = 3.50, B = 3.0, C+ = 2.50, C = 2.00, and F is 0 point. If he has his transcripts available, let him do the conversion, at least he'll get an idea of what his 4-point CGPA looks like.

Yeah Bigfrancis, it's me oh.It's my baby bro. I tried calling you now-twice!Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
ferdimako:

Yeah Bigfrancis, it's me oh.It's my baby bro. I tried calling you now-twice!Thanks!
I guessed...ferdi i and ferdi mako...i couldn't have guessed better! wink
My phone battery has been bad. I'll replace the phone soonest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: I just wanna send $26. I already paid $200.how much will that be? I already emailed them,they r yet to reply n I wanna pay today
imperiouxx, never mind. I just got an email from them. They charge N3500 for payments under $99..imagine I wanna pay $26(N4160) I'll v to pay N3500 to make d payment..this is bad!! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
bigfrancis21:
I guessed...ferdi i and ferdi mako...i couldn't have guessed better! wink
My phone battery has been bad. I'll replace the phone soonest.

Yo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: imperiouxx, never mind. I just got an email from them. They charge N3500 for payments under $99..imagine I wanna pay $26(N4160) I'll v to pay N3500 to make d payment..this is bad!! undecided

It's still okay considering other factors. But they should have under $50 and why don't you use a GT/Diamond debit card? Quite lower than what GTN offers but again if you wanna beat deadline, why mind N3,500?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
ferdimako:

It's still okay considering other factors. But they should have under $50 and why don't you use a GT/Diamond debit card? Quite lower than what GTN offers but again if you wanna beat deadline, why mind N3,500?
true. Thanks for d advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Is there any univ. Or college still open for Spring adm. ? Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Edus, I think he meant, can't. grin

Thanks bigfrancis, that was a silly omission in my typing. Can't I meant to write. Modified now.

imperiouxx:

edus,

Getting money sent to me will cost you much because you have to pay Nigeria bank charges + bank in US will cut out of your money for wire transfer and state taxes. Instead, I advice that you go to either GTN or GIEVA. I used GTN very very well when in Nigeria, sometimes pay to their account then write them email containing the link I want them to pay to and they have never disappointed me. You know I can't lead you to ruin or lost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: imperiouxx, never mind. I just got an email from them. They charge N3500 for payments under $99..imagine I wanna pay $26(N4160) I'll v to pay N3500 to make d payment..this is bad!! undecided

Imagine all I paid while applying,

$25 + N3,000 for the 1st school, $15 + N3,000 for the second school, $75 + 3,000 for the third school, $30 + N3,000 for the fourth school and $209 + N6,000 for WES fee. All through this very GTN. It may look like waste but all I know in life is that no pain, no gain. I'm gaining more than they charged me then now. If only they knew where I will be today, they would have charged me X15 on each payment made. So, just think of the benefit you will get later. Try inquire from GIEVA too and weigh which is cheaper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: I just wanna send $26. I already paid $200.how much will that be? I already emailed them,they r yet to reply n I wanna pay today

What I copied up there are the charges in my bank here (State tax + wire transfer charge) on certain amount of money sent from outside North America.

So, it's going to be your $26 + $1.16 + $15 = $42.16

$42.16 x N162($ to N) = N6829.92

N6829.92 + Nigeria bank charge of about N6000 or more = too much on just $26

It pays when sending thousands of dollar and which isn't the case now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

What I copied up there are the charges in my bank here (State tax + wire transfer charge) on certain amount of money sent from outside North America.

So, it's going to be your $26 + $1.16 + $15 = $42.16

$42.16 x N162($ to N) = N6829.92

N6829.92 + Nigeria bank charge of about N6000 or more = too much on just $26

It pays when sending thousands of dollar and which isn't the case now.

Y didn't u just send a money order?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
kpolli:

Y didn't u just send a money order?

May be it's possible now but during the time I was applying I was told at post office and many banks I visited that money order isn't possible. Then I resolved to GTN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
@talk2D,

I dnt think any univ is still accepting applications. I know of a community college still accepting tho, if u r interested chk out middlesex community college, MA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phillipin4real: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
Any one who need USA Urgent appointment, should call me, confirmation before payment, 08069612440.... princephillippeter@rocketmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

May be it's possible now but during the time I was applying I was told at post office and many banks I visited that money order isn't possible. Then I resolved to GTN.
how does money order work sorry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.