Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,442 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309303 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
dnpasion: Went for my second interview today in lagos and the black american guy interviewed me but got denied again. I'm so sad and even got depressed ever than before.I wasn't nervous today and I gave all my answers without fear. Anyway here is how it all went:-
Vo: Good Afternoon
Me: Good Afternoon
Vo: What are you going to do in the U.S?
Me: To Study
Vo: Major?
Me: Computer Science
Vo: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes and I named them
Vo: Why those schools?
Me: Told him
Vo: Why XYZ uni?
Me: An academic excellence in a christ centered environment and the skool information technology department provide world class information resources,telecommunications,computing,networking tools and services to students to facilate learning and research.
Vo: Did you write SAT?
Me: Sir (didn't hear what he asked)?
Me: No because it wasn't part of the school admission requirement
Vo: What?
Me: I repeated myself again
Vo: how come u get admitted?
Me: told him I got admitted because I have a good O'level results and High School Transcript.
Vo: When did you finished from High?
Me: 2009
Vo: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Doing a voluntary job as a secretary at my dad's company.
Vo: Typing and the next thing I heard is that (Sorry I can't grant you).

House this is how it all went but I believe I was denied because I didn't write SAT. I don't know what to do now because I'm so depressed and sad.

@dnpassion, sorry about the denial. God has a reason for everything. But don't just give up on your dreams. Successful people never give up. Keep striving for success.

Honestly speaking if you ask me, Then I will tell you got denied because of the SAT. If you notice here that the VO even questioned that how come you got admitted..

One thing you guys need to know is that when it comes to f-1 student visa, you don't follow school Rules. You go by the Embassy RULES.. Standarlized tests are important most especially students who have graduated from high school for a long time.

The VO use the SAT to measure your academic ability and strength and see if you are ready for college and to take challenging courses...

So my brother, take time to prepare yourself, take the SAT and know and have faith that you shall get the visa the 3rd time. Nothing is impossible. God's favour shall be upon you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2012
dtabimbola: Hello,
pls how can I book appointment for immigrant Visa for my mum, am not use to it... My own is normal F1 stuff.
Anybody to show me d link and step pls.
Fanks.
I'm thinking that your mom's immigration filing may affect your chances of getting the F1 visa later on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
dnpasion: Went for my second interview today in lagos and the black american guy interviewed me but got denied again. I'm so sad and even got depressed ever than before.I wasn't nervous today and I gave all my answers without fear. Anyway here is how it all went:-
Me: An academic excellence in a christ centered environment and the skool information technology department provide world class information resources,telecommunications,computing,networking tools and services to students to facilate learning and research.
Me: told him I got admitted because I have a good O'level results and High School Transcript.

House this is how it all went but I believe I was denied because I didn't write SAT. I don't know what to do now because I'm so depressed and sad.
As Fø̲̣̣я̅ your not taking SAT and the reason Fø̲̣̣я̅ it, presenting a piece of evidence would have been the best, like printing out the admissions requirement page that doesn't show the SAT requirement, that ι̥s̶̲̥̅̊ if true. I think you got denied because of the SAT. Taking standardized exams indicates seriousness and willingness † study † the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
mr swagger:

@talkD, you definately need SAT for scholarship.. No school in US will give you scholarship without SAT, you even need it also when applying for Visa.

Secondly, it's not all about just taking the SAT, it's about studying hard for it and passing it. It took me 7 months to prepare hard for the SAT and thank God my efforts were not in vain. I hope u r prepared. If you have a high score with good GPA, you will probably have a high amount of scholarship.

I have some SAT textbooks I used to prepare for the exam, I could give out to you. Let me know if you are interested. I did my SAT last month and I did brillantly well, just waiting for God's favour and take-over. Cheers
Thank you so much.i'm really grateful.The issue is, i am not in Lagos right now.I'm in Ibadan.What do you think?
I will be very grateful if it is possible to have those txtbooks.
Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2012

Don't worry, you will hav it.
I guess you should hav given him a SHORT & DETAIL answer after asking you why that univ.? Who knws ? maybe that was why he asked for SAT, becos he might be expecting you to summarise your anwsers in a SPECIFIC form.
But in all ways, God knws BETTER.
pls next time, don't try to use the word "World Class" if your univ. is nt well recognize.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
talk2D:
Thank you so much.i'm really grateful.The issue is, i am not in Lagos right now.I'm in Ibadan.What do you think?
I will be very grateful if it is possible to have those txtbooks.
Thx

@talk2D, since you are in ibadan, no problem, I will have a Bus traveling to ibadan deliver it to you at ibadan... Here is my email kellysilver2015@yahoo.com.

Make sure you indicate it on the subject of your email that you are from Nairaland so that I will be able to know it's you even when it enters my Spam mail.

Contact me so we can talk about how to go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 12:05am On Dec 04, 2012
mr swagger:

@talk2D, since you are in ibadan, no problem, I will have a Bus traveling to ibadan deliver it to you at ibadan... Here is my email kellysilver2015@yahoo.com.

Make sure you indicate it on the subject of your email that you are from Nairaland so that I will be able to know it's you even when it enters my Spam mail.

Contact me so we can talk about how to go about it.
Message sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 12:41am On Dec 04, 2012
Pleas guys, someone paid my sevis fee for me in the u.s and when the receipt came out, it missinterpreted my age, I sent them a mail asking them to change the error but they didn't reply I even attached my i-20 stil no reply, any1 with info on how I can go about it, and what r the implications using it like dat at d embassy n explain 2 dem wen asked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 12:47am On Dec 04, 2012
knock out: Pleas guys, someone paid my sevis fee for me in the u.s and when the receipt came out, it missinterpreted my age, I sent them a mail asking them to change the error but they didn't reply I even attached my i-20 stil no reply, any1 with info on how I can go about it, and what r the implications using it like dat at d embassy n explain 2 dem wen asked

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/contact.htm

click on the link above and call the em.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nairaspace: 2:52am On Dec 04, 2012
Please, can someone send me the GRE material to emmabankz at gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:56am On Dec 04, 2012
You didn't write SAT, so you need more backups. This isn't the first time it is said here that letter from the school is better than none. And ultimately, sorry for being denied. I know how you're feeling now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2012
@seedord247,mr swagger,talk2D and imperiouxx thanks for all the words of courage and also for the advice given. Well now I know I need more backups just like "imperiouxx" said and have contacted the school already to send me a cover letter stating that they exempt me from TOEFL and SAT. I hope they will surely do that and I think that would help next time? Though I'm thinking of registering for SAT but my fear is that I won't meet up with the spring resumption because my school spring start date is 8th Jan.
If possible I get a cover letter from school early that they are exempting me from TOEFL and SAT, do you think I can still go back to the embassy this year for the third time and won't this be a red flag? Have make up my mind that I will be going to Abuja next time. Please more contribution is highly welcome and your response is very important to me. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2012
nairaspace: Please, can someone send me the GRE material to emmabankz at gmail.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2012
dnpasion: @seedord247,mr swagger,talk2D and imperiouxx thanks for all the words of courage and also for the advice given. Well now I know I need more backups just like "imperiouxx" said and have contacted the school already to send me a cover letter stating that they exempt me from TOEFL and SAT. I hope they will surely do that and I think that would help next time? Though I'm thinking of registering for SAT but my fear is that I won't meet up with the spring resumption because my school spring start date is 8th Jan.
If possible I get a cover letter from school early that they are exempting me from TOEFL and SAT, do you think I can still go back to the embassy this year for the third time and won't this be a red flag? Have make up my mind that I will be going to Abuja next time. Please more contribution is highly welcome and your response is very important to me. Thanks!

Once beaten, twice shy. You shouldn't make the same mistake three times. This is late now, you didn't do your part fine before going. So, perfect your assignment before turning it in and see how it goes from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Once beaten, twice shy. You shouldn't make the same mistake three times. Perfect your assignment before turning it in and see how it goes from there.
Thanks Bro but can I ask you this question which has been bothering my mind since I got up from bed. If Vo ask that did I wrote an essay" is he referring to the essary I wrote to the school during the admission process because I'm now recollecting that was what he asked me while I was thinking he asking about SAT. Please let me know if Vo can ask if I write an essay or not? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2012
dnpasion:
Thanks Bro but can I ask you this question which has been bothering my mind since I got up from bed. If Vo ask that did I wrote an essay" is he referring to the essary I wrote to the school during the admission process because I'm now recollecting that was what he asked me while I was thinking he asking about SAT. Please let me know if Vo can ask if I write an essay or not? Thanks

It may be that or just to assess how you're responding to him/her. Well, it depends on what led to that. In interviews, you ask/suggest what is meant whenever you are not clear with the question but not to the extent of him repeating himself all the time/more than twice....No crime doing that. You don't just agree and start defending yourself on what you don't actually understand, though I know how intimidating VISA interview could be when you got yourself too tensed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2012
Just thinking that was what he asked because I can't hear him pronouncing the "T" in SAT but yet I was thinking he is asking if I wrote SAT. And when I said I was exempted, he raises his eyebrow and then I know something isn't right.
imperiouxx:

It may be that or just to assess how you're responding to him/her. Well, it depends on what led to that. In interviews, you ask/suggest what is meant whenever you are not clear with the question....No crime doing that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:30am On Dec 04, 2012
dnpasion: Just thinking that was what he asked because I can't hear him pronouncing the "T" in SAT but yet I was thinking he is asking if I wrote SAT. And when I said I was exempted, he raises his eyebrow and then I know something isn't right.

Then you heard him right and in such situation you don't ask him to repeat himself. Defer and write the SAT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2012
@dnpasion
Write the SAT.You can register for the March exam.
No wonder he asked how u got the admission... without an essay?? he was referring to the essay, i guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by newacca: 9:58am On Dec 04, 2012

Sorry about your refusal. You should have provided a letter backing you up against the SAT. (Exemption)
You want to study Computer science,you finished from High school in 2009,and you were doing voluntary job as a Secretary at your Dad's company. As chap that is intelligent and got good grades from high school and wanna study in Comp.Science in the states,why can't you get yourself familiar with the field with certification prog. and practical skills and get it documented rather than sitting in your Dad's company as a Secretary,even without any fixed pay. The VO may think you are not smart enough. He may think your intent is not genuine. (Just my thought though)
Try work on this areas and fire again if you can. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:04am On Dec 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Then you heard him right and in such situation you don't ask him to repeat himself. Defer and write the SAT.
Ok Bro but what if the school decide to send me a cover letter for the exemption of tofel and sat, can I still go to the embassy before the school start date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2012
Ok thanks for the good response
newacca:

Sorry about your refusal. You should have provided a letter backing you up against the SAT. (Exemption)
You want to study Computer science,you finished from High school in 2009,and you were doing voluntary job as a Secretary at your Dad's company. As chap that is intelligent and got good grades from high school and wanna study in Comp.Science in the states,why can't you get yourself familiar with the field with certification prog. and practical skills and get it documented rather than sitting in your Dad's company as a Secretary,even without any fixed pay. The VO may think you are not smart enough. He may think your intent is not genuine. (Just my thought though)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2012
newacca:

Can you or someone tell me more about the Certification prog. I can go with when next am going? I know about a diploma course which I did in 2010 but it was a six month program and I have the cert. For the program. Can I go with this? What kind of work can I said have been doing since the completion of the computer traning course I did in 2010? Please more advice. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2012

Can u pls try first of all to relax, go thru ur first interview and ur second interview in ur quiet moment and check ur flop .. Then in my own opinion, u've been denied twice almost at d same time , don't u think u should chillax and try to work better on ur flaws, write the SAT and if possible TOEFL .. Cz how can a VO make a statement like "how did u get admission".. It obviously means u aint capable so how did u do it Ask urself??
Pls I'm not trying to criticize u, just contributing..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
E don happen oh my people!!!! God worked his magic today!!!! Love everyone.....

even my cousin got his f1 visa approved today for bachelors. We were among the last people today for 10 o' clock. when i saw him smiling, i thought i was seeing double. waiting for ur turn is not easy oh. na God.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mamacita007: E don happen oh my people!!!! God worked his magic today!!!! Love everyone.....

even my cousin got his f1 visa approved today for bachelors. We were among the last people today for 10 o' clock. when i saw him smiling, i thought i was seeing double. waiting for ur turn is not easy oh. na God.

Congrats!!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yankdreamer: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mamacita007: E don happen oh my people!!!! God worked his magic today!!!! Love everyone.....

Congrats, please share your experience n ur cousins'

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by newacca: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
s-beauty :

Can u pls try first of all to relax, go thru ur first interview and ur second interview in ur quiet moment and check ur flop .. Then in my own opinion, u've been denied twice almost at d same time , don't u think u should chillax and try to work better on ur flaws, write the SAT and if possible TOEFL .. Cz how can a VO make a statement like "how did u get admission".. It obviously means u aint capable so how did u do it Ask urself??
Pls I'm not trying to criticize u, just contributing..
Yea. u r right. He needs to sit for SAT

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by newacca: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
dnpasion:

Can you or someone tell me more about the Certification prog. I can go with when next am going? I know about a diploma course which I did in 2010 but it was a six month program and I have the cert. For the program. Can I go with this? What kind of work can I said have been doing since the completion of the computer traning course I did in 2010? Please more advice. Thanks
You can go with the certification just to prove in our on line with ur proposed course of study in the States. Dont 4get to sit for the SAT also. You may re-frame your point about working with your father's company like:
After your certification prog. an office was created for you at your Father's company to handle the computer unit/IT unit there,and you were paid a speculated amount of money as an incentive/motivation.
Just a suggestion though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2012

I no fit shout. I don tell you say no fear.[url=http][/url]

imperiouxx:

♫♪♫ Hey mamacita,
Permecito, senorita
Muy bonita
Mamacita ♫♪♫

Visa is yours so that you come to the south and learn second language - spanish

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2012

Teary-eyeD ^^ grin grin grin cheesy Are you Lord God Almighty? Goodness,kindness,mercies!

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.