Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308960 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
^^ That's a good example. Always be prepared, think fast, think beyond ordinary mostly when you have issue(s).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
dejik2002: Hello everyone. I am new on this thread but it's been very useful to me. I would be going for my interview next week. But I av a little challenge with my gre scores. I wrote the exam in nov 7 but for some reason that I don't understand ets said the exam was cancelled and I don't have access to my scores online. Please what do I do if I am asked to present the scores though I have my toefl scores. Please advise

If I may ask how did you pay for the GRE registration? I asked because the most likely cause of this situation is that your payment was declined after you wrote the exam. If this is actually your case (which you can easily find out) you need to make a VALID payment equal to the current GRE registration fee and your scores will be released immediately.

I know this cause I have helped a couple of friends in similar situation. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dejik2002: 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dear house, please I need your advice. I have a gre waiver letter from my school. Please can I take it along to the embassy and show the VO. Please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mamacita007: E don happen oh my people!!!! God worked his magic today!!!! Love everyone.....

even my cousin got his f1 visa approved today for bachelors. We were among the last people today for 10 o' clock. when i saw him smiling, i thought i was seeing double. waiting for ur turn is not easy oh. na God.

Congrats...are u for Ms?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by makaveli16(m): 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pls house, I'm in need of GRE and TOEFL materials. My e-mail is nattydread4zion@yahoo.com. Thanks for the assistance in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
sorry i was very excited in my last post that i wrote rubbish with my phone. first, God work miracles not magic lol

Special thnxs to the gurus and those that know little to share.. I can't mention specific names, but you all know yourselves. Thnx.
My appointment was scheduled for 10 o' clock but big bros and I arrived like 6am after a very serious mock interview by my cousin on d phone. I stood for hours there and was so dehydrated and sleepy. I kept singing worship songs in my head - Awesome God by Sinach. I will sing by D.Mclurkin. The Lagos Embassy was not cold today as I expected. Omo see as dem dey bounce people. I swear almost 400 people showed up this morning. I was praying for the African American VO in booth 6. One girl was shaking and stammering badly for like 10mins but he still gave her the visa. He seems relaxed and jovial. One white garment Church man came with his garment, no slippers and a big gold chain on his neck. The VO bounce am come laugh on top sef. loooool The man vex comot. The white saddist VO in counter 3 denied one girl for no SAT and it makes sense as you cant gain admission to any university here without jamb.

my number A07x shows up on counter 1 so i walked to the window. All the answers we made to every possible question disappeared from my head. I remembered to make it conversational and no yes/no answers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hello. Howz your morning?

VO: Good. Howz yours? Pass your docs.
Me: (smiling) Ready for my interview but I came too early so I'm already tired (smiling).
VO: Looks up at my face and smiles a little. I see you're going for MS in SCM/Logistics at Arizona State University?
Me: Yes. I've always desired to work as a Supply Chain professional. I have some entry level experience in procurement.
VO: Okk. Did you write any test?
Me: Yes, I wrote GRE and IELTS. (I went with my GRE online printout because my original is too embarrassing). As soon as I saw the VO typing something from my GRE report, I quickly explained that I didn't receive my original GRE report even though she didn't ask me.
VO: Sure, I just verified your test scores with ETS. (na here i fear america oh. America is too much).
VO: Did you apply for the same program at other schools?
Me: No. I applied for same program at University of Houston and ASU, but Purdue UIU and U of Oklahoma is Human Resources.
(she was typing so I continued talking again) I chose ASU because its degree plan covers the fundamental components of all other programs like project management, risk assessment, bla bla and these specific courses is what I need to advance professionally here in Nigeria. most times these jobs are outsourced to foreign professionals to coordinate for us. I didn't mention denial to PUIU because she didn't ask.
VO: Are you gonna be responsible for your tuition?
Me: (Laughs)No oh. Confidently said that my mum is 100% responsible and she works as an consultant.... to the ....... solid minerals analyst (Yvete chai looooool. It worked sha looool).
The VO starts typing fast for almost one minute as I just stood there singing praises in my head. Then she passed my I-20 and other documents and kept my passport, DS 160 Confirmation page and gave me a white paper with a green ticket to pick up my VISA ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

Being on Nairaland is 25% visa guarantee, asking questions and seeking clarifications is 50% solved, reading the entire thread and learning from others is 75% and GOD ALMIGHTY IS THE ENTIRE 100%.
As you rejoice with me, may others also celebrate with you. Shayo shayo shayo shayo

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mamacita007: sorry i was very excited in my last post that i wrote rubbish with my phone. first, God work miracles not magic lol

Special thanks to anyone that contributed to this thread. I cannot mention specific names, but you all know yourselves. The gurus and those that know just a little to share. Thank you.

My appointment was scheduled for 10 o' clock but old bros and I arrived like 6am after a very serious mock interview by my cousin on d phone. I stood for hours there and was so dehydrated and sleepy. I kept singing worship songs in my head - Awesome God by Sinach. I will sing by D.Mclurkin. The Lagos Embassy was not cold today as I expected. Omo see as dem dey bounce people. I swear almost 400 people showed up this morning. I was praying for the African American VO in booth 6. One girl was shaking and stammering badly for like 10mins but he still gave her the visa. He seems relaxed and kind of jovial. One white garment Church man came with his garment, no slippers and a big gold chain on his neck. The VO bounce am come laugh on top sef. loooool The man vex comot. The white saddist VO in counter 3 denied one girl for no SAT and it makes sense as you cant gain admission to any university here without jamb.

Anyways, my number A07x shows up on counter 1 so i walk to the window. All the answers we made to every possible question disappeared from my head. I remembered to make it conversational and no yes/no answers.

Me: (smiling) Ready for my interview but I came too early so I'm already tired (smiling).

VO: Looks up at my face and smiles a little. I see you're going for MS in SCM/Logistics at Arizona State University?
Me: Yes. I've always desired to work as a Supply Chain professional. I have some entry level experience in procurement.

Me: Yes, I wrote GRE and IELTS. (I went with my GRE online printout because my original is too embarrassing). As soon as I saw the VO typing something from my GRE report, I quickly explained that I didn't receive my original GRE report even though she didn't ask me.
VO: Sure, I just verified your test scores with ETS. (na hear i fear america oh. America is too much).

Me: No. I applied for same program at University of Houston and ASU, but Purdue UIU and U of Oklahoma is Human Resources.
(she was typing so I continued talking again) I chose ASU because its degree plan covers the fundamental components of all other programs like project management, risk assessment, bla bla and these specific courses is what I need to advance professionally here in Nigeria. most times these jobs are outsourced to foreign professionals to coordinate for us. I didn't mention denial to PUIU because she didn't ask.

Me: (Laughs)No oh. Confidently said that my mum is 100% responsible and she works as an consultant.... to the ....... solid minerals analyst (Yvete chai looooool. It worked sha looool).

The VO starts typing fast for almost one minute as I just stood there singing praises in my head. Then she passed my I-20 and other documents and kept my passport, DS 160 Confirmation page and gave me a white paper with a green ticket to pick up my VISA ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

Being on Nairaland is 25% visa guarantee, asking questions and seeking clarifications is 50% solved, reading the entire thread and learning from others is 75% and GOD ALMIGHTY IS THE ENTIRE 100%.

As you rejoice with me, may others also celebrate with you. Shayo shayo shayo shayo

oga oo... CONGRAT ooo. So u no dey sing D.MCLURKIN song again. Nah shayo u con dey sing nw shey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
yomi fola: oga oo... CONGRAT ooo. So u no dey sing D.MCLURKIN song again. Nah shayo u con dey sing nw shey

lmao Na shayo shayo i come dey sing now oh my brother. Pop champagne and sing praises.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
ferdimako: Congrats...are u for Ms?

Thanks. I'm going for MS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mamacita007: sorry i was very excited in my last post that i wrote rubbish with my phone. first, God work miracles not magic lol

Special thnxs to the gurus and those that know little to share.. I can't mention specific names, but you all know yourselves. Thnx.

My appointment was scheduled for 10 o' clock but big bros and I arrived like 6am after a very serious mock interview by my cousin on d phone. I stood for hours there and was so dehydrated and sleepy. I kept singing worship songs in my head - Awesome God by Sinach. I will sing by D.Mclurkin. The Lagos Embassy was not cold today as I expected. Omo see as dem dey bounce people. I swear almost 400 people showed up this morning. I was praying for the African American VO in booth 6. One girl was shaking and stammering badly for like 10mins but he still gave her the visa. He seems relaxed and jovial. One white garment Church man came with his garment, no slippers and a big gold chain on his neck. The VO bounce am come laugh on top sef. loooool The man vex comot. The white saddist VO in counter 3 denied one girl for no SAT and it makes sense as you cant gain admission to any university here without jamb.

my number A07x shows up on counter 1 so i walked to the window. All the answers we made to every possible question disappeared from my head. I remembered to make it conversational and no yes/no answers.

VO: Sure, I just verified your test scores with ETS. (na hear i fear america oh. America is too much).

Congrats to u and old bro. Just wanna ask is old bros married and how many months is indicated on his I-20? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ishowdels(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2012

Congrats bruh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
^^^^@Mamacita...congrats my sister. Your experience was great. I noticed that fewer girls than guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ bounced by the VOs. Guys, prepare harder º°˚˚°ºoo. Lolol
As I was reading your story and got † the part where your number flashed and you went forward, Ω̴̩̩̩̥α s̶̲̥̅̊o my heart skip beat ooo...I never even get thr sef my heart don ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ beat...chei!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
bigfrancis21: ^^^^@Mamacita...congrats my sister. Your experience was great. I noticed that fewer girls than guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ bounced by the VOs. Guys, prepare harder º°˚˚°ºoo. Lolol
As I was reading your story and got † the part where your number flashed and you went forward, Ω̴̩̩̩̥α s̶̲̥̅̊o my heart skip beat ooo...I never even get thr sef my heart don ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ beat...chei!
honestly'ooooo.....me sef my heart skip
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
makaveli16: Pls house, I'm in need of GRE and TOEFL materials. My e-mail is nattydread4zion@yahoo.com. Thanks for the assistance in anticipation.
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
makaveli16: Pls house, I'm in need of GRE and TOEFL materials. My e-mail is nattydread4zion@yahoo.com. Thanks for the assistance in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pls haus I nid gre n toefl materials my email is skj2009@yahoo.com.tanx 4 d assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
mckenziiii: Pls haus I nid gre n toefl materials my email is skj2009@yahoo.com.tanx 4 d assistance
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pls my school did not require for GRE, they only ask for toefl. I've done the said toefl exam. But my fear is d embassy. Should I write d GRE and like how many weeks d result will come out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
ollyboy1: Congrats to u and old bro. Just wanna ask is old bros married and how many months is indicated on his I-20? Thank you.
Yvete: Wanna add a lil note of confidence for anyone that needs it.

My cousin is coming for a second bachelor's degree at 32 (old man grin), graduated with a miserable GPA..3rd class from a Federal University in Nigeria. Almost impossible to get into grad school anywhere, but instead of dwelling in regrets, you may need to make worthy sacrifices.
Im not sure abt his I-20 buh i'll find out from him. I know the bachelors and masters plan all together is for 2years plus. He's not married.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
bigfrancis21: ^^^^@Mamacita...congrats my sister. Your experience was great. I noticed that fewer girls than guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ bounced by the VOs. Guys, prepare harder º°˚˚°ºoo. Lolol
obusco4lyfe: honestly'ooooo.....me sef my heart skip

looool thank you oh. You know what I think? Many girls were denied today becos of contradictory information with what their agents wrote on their DS-160 or their attitude. its wrong to tell the VO that you didnt write TOEFL because you didnt have to. Everyone's experience is different sha. They didn't even ask for bank statement, nothing about my bachelors degree, why USA, bla bla. We need to prepare from different angles becos the VO may not use the standard format like others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nairaspace: 2:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Mamacita007: E don happen oh my people!!!! God worked his magic today!!!! Love everyone.....

even my cousin got his f1 visa approved today for bachelors. We were among the last people today for 10 o' clock. when i saw him smiling, i thought i was seeing double. waiting for ur turn is not easy oh. na God.

Congrats!!! Get ready to board your schoolbus!!!

bigfrancis21:
Sent.

Thanks Bigfrancis for the GRE material!!

VISA......loll who no go no know!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Mamacita007:

Mamacita007:

lmao Na shayo shayo i come dey sing now oh my brother. Pop champagne and sing praises.

Sorry I no get chance to even put on computer since I resumed that lab today. Did I hear someone shouting Shayo?! Champagne?! Mamacita?! Ok ooo, make we first start from here [url=http][/url] But if you get to US drop this thread, I go vex ooo. for sure na wetin you go do be that because you no go dey get the time again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 2:39am On Dec 05, 2012

[b][/b]CONGRATS MAMACITA WISHING U THE BEST IN UR STUDIES HERE!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 2:43am On Dec 05, 2012
dnpasion: Went for my second interview today in lagos and the black american guy interviewed me but got denied again. I'm so sad and even got depressed ever than before.I wasn't nervous today and I gave all my answers without fear. Anyway here is how it all went:-
Vo: Good Afternoon
Me: Good Afternoon
Vo: What are you going to do in the U.S?
Me: To Study
Vo: Major?
Me: Computer Science
Vo: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes and I named them
Vo: Why those schools?
Me: Told him
Vo: Why XYZ uni?
Me: An academic excellence in a christ centered environment and the skool information technology department provide world class information resources,telecommunications,computing,networking tools and services to students to facilate learning and research.
Vo: Did you write SAT?
Me: Sir (didn't hear what he asked)?
Vo: Did you write SAT?
Me: No because it wasn't part of the school admission requirement
Vo: What?
Me: I repeated myself again
Vo: how come u get admitted?
Me: told him I got admitted because I have a good O'level results and High School Transcript.
Vo: When did you finished from High?
Me: 2009
Vo: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Doing a voluntary job as a secretary at my dad's company.
Vo: Typing and the next thing I heard is that (Sorry I can't grant you).

House this is how it all went but I believe I was denied because I didn't write SAT. I don't know what to do now because I'm so depressed and sad.

SORRY BRO WRITE SAT NEXT TIME....DON'T GO WITHOUT IT NEXT TIME..WISHING U THE BEST NEXT TIME!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:00am On Dec 05, 2012

Congrats dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 7:48am On Dec 05, 2012
Bigfrancis21, I need GRE materials pls send it to hariyoh@yahoo.com, the one i have got crashed with my computer cry. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2012
@Mamacita congrats o! Soo happy for u! I was actually looking out for ur experience!... U said it all! It's all about GOD!! Ur interview experience sounds a lot like mine! Got thr too early aswel.. Nd I ws feelng sleepy by d time I got in..lol! Nd I'm sure ur interview ws short also. It's all bout God's favour o! I wasn't asked all d common."Y did u pick America" or "wht will u do afr ur studies?" questions.. I'm happy for u o.. Goodluck wiv evrithn!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Mamacita007: Im not sure abt his I-20 buh i'll find out from him. I know the bachelors and masters plan all together is for 2years plus. He's not married.

@Ollyboy1 The duration on I-20 is 30 months for both programs which is correct, but I put 24 months on the ds160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2012
jchatty: Pls my school did not require for GRE, they only ask for toefl. I've done the said toefl exam. But my fear is d embassy. Should I write d GRE and like how many weeks d result will come out.

Are you writing SAT and GRE?? You asked about SAT before. Anyways, GRE test scores will be out 2 weeks after you take the test. Since you didn't know about the GRE, you might take a shot at the interview without it, but with a waiver/letter from the school and proof that you're academically prepared (college diploma, certifications, etc). God forbid you're denied, take the test and wait till Summer or Fall '13.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2012
hariyoh: Bigfrancis21, I need GRE materials pls send it to hariyoh@yahoo.com, the one i have got crashed with my computer cry. God bless you.
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yvete:

@Ollyboy1 The duration on I-20 is 30 months for both programs which is correct, but I put 24 months on the ds160.

@ yvete:Thank you. My school gave me international transfer and its 48 months they wrote on my I-20 and I wrote the same 48 months on the ds160. Can you pls expanciate on that. What should I tell them at the embassy. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.