Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,015 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308973 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
I want to ask this specific question, Is it possible to scheduled appointment without cancelling the former one?I have changes to my appointment for about three different times without initial notice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
shoggie: I want to ask this specific question, Is it possible to scheduled appointment without cancelling the former one?I have changes to my appointment for about three different times[b] without initial notice[/b].

No. Cancel then re-schedule. Did you check your spam box? They usually send notifications of any changes to ones appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
Upon scrutunusing my inbox, I got this:

Dear Applicant,
We will like to inform you that your appointment
has been rescheduled from December XX 2012 to January YY 2013 upon
the embassy request.
A new confirmation has been sent to your inbox.
We do sincerely appologise for any inconveniencies this may
have caused you on your travel plans.
House, does this affect only me alone or is a general stuff or it was because i was trying to acess my online profile.
Thanks to you all!

Grammatical error, I mean scrutinizing not scrutunusing abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
Yvete:

No. Cancel then re-schedule. Did you check your spam box? They usually send notifications of any changes to ones appointment.

Yvete I honour you. Thanks I got sth from my inbox now which I just posted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
One innocent soul is just disturbing my head with mails, a naivete- not know wetin me I dey pass through now myself.

Please house, my humble request is for Materials for GRE as many as you can please I have only hard copies I bought in lagos at the begining of this year. A close friend is disturbing my head for soft copies which is not within my own purview of jurisdiction though I promised to help getting through my honourable members on this Blog.
Thanks!!!!

my email : shoggie2001 at yahoo dot com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Me:good morning. V.o:pass ur docs. Mesadpassed docs). Vo:says"miss xyz am bringing up ur case.me:okay. V.o:it says here dat u r going 4 nursing. Me:no actually its biotech(passed my acceptance letter)but its grouped under health studies. V.o(looks @ d letter)okay y biotech? Me:well biotech is a career dat has helped bla..bla.. V.o:y elcentro? Me:I chose elcentro becos its afforrdable. Nd r sensitive to their students helping. Dem b a better persn in wateva field. Dey chose. (He was typing and looking @ me). V.o:do u knw anyone in texas. Me:no.bt I knw som1 in newyork. V.o:did u apply to. Any nursing skul in ur home country? Me:no but brookhaven gave me admission vo:wers brookhaven? Me:texas. V.o:so u got 2 admissions in texas nd non in nyc?whus sponsoring u? Me:my aunt. Vo:wat does she do? Me she deals in pharmaceutical raw material contracts nd supplies. Vo:sorry u av 2 b denied 2day bt u r welcom 2 apply again. Me:ttanks (packs my docs)pls ous enlighten me on wat 2 do b4 I reapply.waiting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:30am On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: Me:good morning. V.o:pass ur docs. Mesadpassed docs). Vo:says"miss xyz am bringing up ur case.me:okay. V.o:it says here dat u r going 4 nursing. Me:no actually its biotech(passed my acceptance letter)but its grouped under health studies. V.o(looks @ d letter)okay y biotech? Me:well biotech is a career dat has helped bla..bla.. V.o:y elcentro? Me:I chose elcentro becos its afforrdable. Nd r sensitive to their students helping. Dem b a better persn in wateva field. Dey chose. (He was typing and looking @ me). V.o:do u knw anyone in texas. Me:no.bt I knw som1 in newyork. V.o:did u apply to. Any nursing skul in ur home country? Me:no but brookhaven gave me admission vo:wers brookhaven? Me:texas. V.o:so u got 2 admissions in texas nd non in nyc?whus sponsoring u? Me:my aunt. Vo:wat does she do? Me she deals in pharmaceutical raw material contracts nd supplies. Vo:sorry u av 2 b denied 2day bt u r welcom 2 apply again. Me:ttanks (packs my docs)pls ous enlighten me on wat 2 do b4 I reapply.waiting
Sorry Fø̲̣̣я̅ the denial my sister. You gave away yourself by giving more information than was necessary. When he asked you if you knew anybody at Texas (he was trying † analyze your ties † the US/your immigration intent), your answer should have been simply 'no'. Also, when he asked you whether you applied † any university in Nigeria, you would have told him 'yes' ø̲̣̣я̅ 'no'. At this point you gave yourself away by mentioning the other school in texas which was not necessary for the question asked in the first place.
And, mentioning the second school in Texas got the VO thinking that you are desperate † join a family member of yours in Texas(which signalled immigration intent † him again!). Even though they know that many F1 students rarely return, at the interview, still, make efforts † prove you don't have the intent (even though you do).
I hope you do learn and prepare yourself better next time. Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 12:38am On Dec 13, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 1:26am On Dec 13, 2012
I hope the new date still meet up the school resumption date. If not, write or call the embassy and explain ur plight. May be, they can schedule you for emergency.

shoggie: Upon scrutunusing my inbox, I got this:

Dear Applicant,
We will like to inform you that your appointment
has been rescheduled from December XX 2012 to January YY 2013 upon
the embassy request.
A new confirmation has been sent to your inbox.
We do sincerely appologise for any inconveniencies this may
have caused you on your travel plans.
House, does this affect only me alone or is a general stuff or it was because i was trying to acess my online profile.
Thanks to you all!

Grammatical error, I mean scrutinizing not scrutunusing abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17am On Dec 13, 2012
Yvete:

You've got many things to work on my dear, many. Though, it seems like nervousness got in the way and you said things you shouldn't have.

1. BigFrancis is right about family ties.
2. Inconsistency with your DS-160 and what you mentioned to the VO. (Maybe Nursing on Ds-160 or I-20 and you mentioned Biotech)
2. Do you guys read reviews about these schools before you apply?? Brookhaven and El Centro are both under the Dallas Community College System, but two different counties. Why would you apply to 2 Colleges in the same district knowing that these are commuter campuses. The issue of Community Colleges have been discussed in previous posts. Go back to a couple pages. There are many good schools in the Dallas Area. Try UNT, TWU, UT Arlington, Texas Tech. You can always transfer to DCC later.
4. I could also guess that you did not write any tests.

You need to read the entire thread to get it. You were not prepared.

She is only trying her luck about the CC. Everyone knows how hard it is to get visa with CC. Like you said, she still have to work her game plan well, well, well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nairaspace: 5:09am On Dec 13, 2012
Yvete:

You've got many things to work on my dear, many. Though, it seems like nervousness got in the way and you said things you shouldn't have.

1. BigFrancis is right about family ties.
2. Inconsistency with your DS-160 and what you mentioned to the VO. (Maybe Nursing on Ds-160 or I-20 and you mentioned Biotech)
2. Do you guys read reviews about these schools before you apply?? Brookhaven and El Centro are both under the Dallas Community College System, but two different counties. Why would you apply to 2 Colleges in the same district knowing that these are commuter campuses. The issue of Community Colleges have been discussed in previous posts. Go back to a couple pages. There are many good schools in the Dallas Area. Try UNT, TWU, UT Arlington, Texas Tech. You can always transfer to DCC later.
4. I could also guess that you did not write any tests.

You need to read the entire thread to get it. You were not prepared.

lol

jasmine21:
Wow really? Thank u so much. I pray my own works out as fine as yours and they don't even ask me at all. What scares me is d different middles names in GRE n Toefl. I hope d school & embassy r used to problems like this sha.

Name Change lipsrsealed I hate that thing!!!

shoggie: Hello house! I have this particular question that is bothering me personally.
Here it goes :
The statement of Account I submitted to my school for I-20 bears my Brother Company’s name
And the money there covered the duration of my Masters program with some dollars in excess.
But my major head ache now is that my brother has not gotten contracts as such from Oil Company in the last two months as the contracts are seasonal. The last statement of account I collected from him which I submitted to my school ended with mid-september transactions. But now the money in the account is far less than the former one I submitted to the school.
My questions now is can I used the same one with September dates for my interview or I should try and seek other means but I have already specified on my DS-160 that my brother will be my sponsor?What will be implications of mentioning another person as a sponsor in addition to my brother should they asked for my sponsor?
I need your candid advice as I have patiently written all the exams (GRE & TOEFL), even made effort to get admission in the top hundred out of best 1,500 from US news report on University rankings.
Gurus in the house help me out as I am very new to all this visa stuffs though I have read almost all the posts now and more comfortable than I do before end of last month when I came across this Blog.I should be obliged to your response in advance.
Waiting!!!!

Sir Shoggie, First of all, make sure you remember details you filled on your DS160. Try am make sure there is no conflicting lipsrsealed. concerning your brother as sponsor, i would advice, stick to that and to have his statement topped up, email me at nairaspace at yahoo.com

To all that was refused and incase you dont know. If you want to fill your ds160 with the same information you filled at the first interview, retrieve your submitted form by the following steps.

get to DS160 page, select the location and click retrieve application.

put in your old application ID and select continue, answer your normal security questions and continue, it will notify you that you already submitted, either print the confirmation page or start a new application.

Select start a new application. this time it will ask you to create a new security question and it will bring your old ds160 data on a new DS160 application id.

Then you can input this new application id when booking for another appointment.

Hope that helps,

@Shoggie, dont forget to email me.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:50am On Dec 13, 2012
imperiouxx: She is only trying her luck about the CC. Everyone knows how hard it is to get visa with CC. Like you said, she still have to work her game plan well, well, well.
nairaspace: lol

undecided Y'all are making me feel like I said something wrong to the girl. sad @Redscarlet, Sorry for the visa delay. Put the puzzle pieces together before your next interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2012
@yvete I took d toefl and got 78.thou d v.o did not mention anytin bout d community colleges and he dint even bother to ask 4 any documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2012
@ Redscalert... Pls what is ur course, are you a Nurse? Pls Can I ve ur no, for further advice from u.

House, here is my case : my interview is next week, d admission I got is... Master of Transformative Leadership,
and I studied Nursing Science ... Pls I don browse tire o, but I couldnt find real correlation between the two, esply in convincing the VO.
Pls Guruu in d house help help help, bfor I collapse in embassy oooooooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2012
Hmm... D judgement day is gettin near.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 8:22am On Dec 13, 2012
talk2D: @payne4real
I registered at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC) at Housing-Bodija rd. Ibadan.It cost me N19,100(registration fee) + N400(Passport photograph) = N19,500(Total).
The January registration has passed unless you have to visit GIEVA in Lagos before 18/12.It is even cheaper, it is around 14k but consider transport fare.
The March exam registration is in progress.
Whichever one you choose to do; pls go ahead.

@ollydon
yes.NO evaluation.
sorry for d intrusion..but wch school is that n where is it located? If u don't wanna say it here.email me @ollydon123@gmail.com.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2012
talk2D: @payne4real
I registered at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC) at Housing-Bodija rd. Ibadan.It cost me N19,100(registration fee) + N400(Passport photograph) = N19,500(Total).
The January registration has passed unless you have to visit GIEVA in Lagos before 18/12.It is even cheaper, it is around 14k but consider transport fare.
The March exam registration is in progress.
Whichever one you choose to do; pls go ahead.

@ollydon
yes.NO evaluation.
sorry for d intrusion..but wch school is that n where is it located? If u don't wanna say it here.email me ollydon123@gmail.com.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2012
Can anyone pls send me some recent GRE materials. I'm applying for Fall 2013. My major is going to be Professional Communication. Is their any specialized GRE I need to take or the general one?
Thanks.

benineprince@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2012
dtabimbola: @ Redscalert... Pls what is ur course, are you a Nurse? Pls Can I ve ur no, for further advice from u.

House, here is my case : my interview is next week, d admission I got is... Master of Transformative Leadership,
and I studied Nursing Science ... Pls I don browse tire o, but I couldnt find real correlation between the two, esply in convincing the VO.
Pls Guruu in d house help help help, bfor I collapse in embassy oooooooooooooooooo
lol,i don laugh tire.Dnt worry help cometh ur way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2012
eduson002: lol,i don laugh tire.Dnt worry help cometh ur way.

lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2012
dtabimbola: @ Redscalert... Pls what is ur course, are you a Nurse? Pls Can I ve ur no, for further advice from u.

Don't worry, muscular security guys are there to carry you out. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2012

and I studied Nursing Science

Can we relate Psychiatric nursing to Transformative Leadership?? I think Holistic nursing would be better..... Thinking for you..... Dead end..... You want to change field so as to gain leadership knowledge in preparation for your propose holistic nursing career....

For more about nursing career: http://allnurses.com/nursing-career-advice/types-nursing-careers-121955.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:05am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2012
@dtabimbola I'm nt yet a nurse ooo still trying to find my way here.my head is so full ryt now*confusion mood*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: @dtabimbola I'm nt yet a nurse ooo still trying to find my way here.my head is so full ryt now*confusion mood*

Chill and perfect your next move, 2013 is around the corner. Go for fall 2013 with university admission(s), I'm sure your case would be presentable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: @dtabimbola I'm nt yet a nurse ooo still trying to find my way here.my head is so full ryt now*confusion mood*
with d way ur interview went, its obvious dt u were very much nervous. Ds certainly iznt ur first tym on ds thread cs i hv seen d name *redscarlet* b4, dint u read d experience of odas......applyin to CC is a risk bt with in-depth preparation nd nt neglectn d G-factor, ure good to go. I knw several who applied to a CC and got d visa.....bt dey prepared well. If u hv gud intent and u can prove ur claim to d v.o, dt wich z urs wil surely get to u #gbam#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2012
@yvete can I get ur email pls or u add me wit sapphiredove54@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2012
@imperiouxx tanks urr email add pls rilly nid 2 talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chizyb: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2012
hi imperiouxx thanks for the good work keep it up! pls i have a question for u. Pls i have a B1/B2 visa can i upgrade it to permanent residency now am in America mcos i don't wish to go anymore. Am a medical doctor kindly advise me.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2012
Pls i need tofel tutorial.i can not meet up with SAT january exam registration.so i wnt to do tofel insted.
Payne4real@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ scarlet, @ imperiouxx... thanks for ur reply.
I wrote GRE ( 290) Toefl(71) The scores are too low for my likening.
Am planning of presenting only GRE ( online printout, ETS/NIPOST problem stuff)
PLEASE HOUSE dt Correlation issue is what I need now oo, MASTER IN TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
AND Nursing Science ( BNSc) imperiouxxx, am stil waitin for ur call as promised sir.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.