Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308990 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:38am On Jan 03, 2013
GboyegaD:

I beg to disagree with you on this. Is WES and other evaluating bodies not third parties as well?

I said request for your transcript, not evaluate. . . WES sends ur school a sample of your transcript to confirm if its authentic not request on ur behalf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:57am On Jan 03, 2013
kpolli:

I said request for your transcript, not evaluate. . . WES sends ur school a sample of your transcript to confirm if its authentic not request on ur behalf

Yeah but they are still a third party.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:03am On Jan 03, 2013
GboyegaD:

Yeah but they are still a third party.

Yeah I know, I meant request for your transcript from the school direct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Asking for N20,000 to process transcript which only cost N1,500 in most schools is an act of theft. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 6:52am On Jan 03, 2013
I appreciate.
webstradamus: Congrats to Andre Ogara and other members who recently got their visas! And to those interviewing soon, I wish you success!

Happy New Year everyone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 6:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Good morning everyone. Please house, how do I get to Chicago from here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:00am On Jan 03, 2013
Andre Ogara: Good morning everyone. Please house, how do I get to Chicago from here?
you trek....lmao. I believe d ques u wnt to ask is 'which flight wld take me frm here to chicago?' (hpe am ryt)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2013
lol very funny. lipsrsealed That's exactly what I meant. I heard about wakanow.com but the site is confusing with all the mashed colours and ads creeping out of every crevice. So how do I fly to Chicago from Lagos?
obusco4lyfe: you trek....lmao. I believe d ques u wnt to ask is 'which flight wld take me frm here to chicago?' (hpe am ryt)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 8:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Hello everybody,Please ild like to know where the UKCAT(united kingdom clinical aptitude test) can be registered for in Nigeria and possibly MCAT(to study medicine in canada).Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2013
BEAUTYBOX9JA: Hello everybody,Please ild like to know where the UKCAT(united kingdom clinical aptitude test) can be registered for in Nigeria and possibly MCAT(to study medicine in canada).Thank you
[size=13pt]Registration for the UKCAT is only available online, via the UKCAT website, where further details are available.The test is delivered online, at a range of test centres throughout the UK and worldwide in 65 countries. visit http://www.ukcatprep.com/Downloads/UKCAT_Applicant_Guide_2012.pdf for more info[/size]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2013
imperiouxx: Asking for N20,000 to process transcript which only cost N1,500 in most schools is an act of theft. grin
its for those that intend to waste money...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 8:32am On Jan 03, 2013
please house...I'll be going for msc at CUNY by fall 2013 and i only applied to 1 school and am 22 years...Hope am not disadvantaged by that...am currently serving to pass out by june...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2013
problem solved. www.wakanow.com works just fine. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2013
please apply to other schools and if possible, get admitted there even if you don't intend going to those schools. People that I overheard yesterday at the embassy saying that they only applied to one school were turned down...then again, that might not be the reason but there can't be loop holes.
stan-ogb:
please house...I'll be going for msc at CUNY by fall 2013 and i only applied to 1 school and am 22 years...Hope am not disadvantaged by that...am currently serving to pass out by june...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
stan-ogb:
That you applied to one school may or may not be a disadvantage depending on how you put it to the consular. 22 years is definitely an advantage for an Msc. Welcome in advance to New York State!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ Andre ogara...congrats
@ mamacita ...it is well o...I am kinda facing the same problem. They are kinda dropping hints that I shud consider nursing cus i may not get a job with comp. Sci cus it is common. I m getting confused. But it is well.

Where is Mr. Chris?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't know about falling out of status but getting admitted into a Community College is quite easy and quick so I would suggest you work around that between this week and next.
Bro, am trying to get info online to apply for community colleges in dallas n houston from 9ja but most of them application deadlines are late for spring session...kindly let me know if u know anyone tat still admit.....tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Seunbunmi:
Bro, am trying to get info online to apply for community colleges in dallas n houston from 9ja but most of them application deadlines are late for spring session...kindly let me know if u know anyone tat still admit.....tanx
wah bout houston community college heard its cheap and offer scholarship from what i heard o jes check it out sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Seunbunmi: I prefer dallas or houston.....am tryin to google cc in dallas or houston but wat am seeing is a bit confusing ....plssssSsssssss help out
Seunbunmi:
Bro, am trying to get info online to apply for community colleges in dallas n houston from 9ja but most of them application deadlines are late for spring session ...kindly let me know if u know anyone tat still admit.....tanx
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Andre Ogara: Thanks everyone ::: @ronald2g1, imperiouxx, seunbunmi, , ollyboy1, fadinus, anthonymighty, snazzygirl and all of you out there who have helped in one way or another with your life saving posts on these boards. So here's how my interview went:
V.O: Hello
Me: Hi, Good day (With a huge smile)
V.O: Your passport and application please
V.O: Where do you wish to study in the united states?
Me: I wish to study in the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
V.O: For your Masters Degree?
Me: Yes
V.O: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes, I did apply to Greenwich University, London (*passing along my admission letter from Greenwich University)
V.O: (*Do Hold on to that)What's your highest qualification?
Me: I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
V.O: When did you graduate?
Me: 2010
V.O: Where were you posted for your National Youth Service?
Me: I served in Bayelsa State
V.O: And what did you do afterwards? What happened afterwards?
Me: Afterwards, I got a job with Discovery Cycle Professionals in Abuja.
V.O: What's that?
Me: It's basically a consulting firm that undertakes both Governmental and Non-Governmental Projects
V.O: Where did you graduate from?
Me: I graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
V.O: (Smiles)And who's going to pay for your trip?
Me: My Father
V.O: What does he do?
Me: He's an Engineer and he works with the Niger Delta Development Commission
V.O: Can I see his statement of Account?
Me: Sure (passed that along)
V.O: Did you write any of the standardized tests like GRE?
Me: Yes I did.
V.O: Can I have a look at your score sheet?
Me: Yes (Passed that along)
V.O: Okay, you're going to collect your visa on monday at Ikeja >>>>etc
Me: Thank you sir!!!
I was so excited i fell sideways to the protruding wall beside me and let out a huge sigh of relief. It was a surreal feeling. The crowd there understood and most of them laughed and congratulated me at the same time because I can honestly tell you that it wasn't a good day today for most people. I'd generalize and say that out of 10 applicants, 8 were denied. I sat in the front row seat next to the V.Os and their interviewees. I had the pleasure of eavesdropping into their conversations and boy shocked pressure got the better of most of them. Some guys in my humble opinion answered well but with stutter occasionally. Most of them surprisingly were not even smiling!!! at least I learnt from you guys that smiling is a must. People with poor English command got turned down except for a man that was going for some sort of poultry keeping convention. You'd be amazed how most of the young guys and chicks there couldn't string together a couple of correct sentences. Maybe there are other reasons completely different that's getting most people turned down today like not clearly remembering what they filled inside their DS-160 form online. By God's grace, I was able to do these few things well thanks to nairalanders:
Eye Contact, Smile, Heard correctly, answered articulately and straight to the point without stuttering. Again, prayer changes things. My interview looks pretty straightforward but it wasn't by any means. Please if you're going any time soon, make sure you remember clearly what you filled in your DS-160, SMILE, BE ARTICULATE AND WORK ON YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE HAND SO YOU DON'T STUTTER.
I'll be glad to provide further info if anyone so desires. God's grace and speed to you all.
Correct!
Correct!!
Congratulations man!
The part I like the most about your interview was after he asked you your under grad uni and you replied UNN and he SMILED!!! Clearly, before then I'm sure he wasn't smiling. Boy! That worked lotta magic! Lolol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
stan-ogb:
The two major reasons we apply to many schools are, first, for increased chances of getting admission(with financial aids at times) and second, standing a better chance of getting the visa at the embassy. If you think and are sure that you'll get admission at this one university, then shoot! Its okay.
However, don't ever mention to the VO that you applied only to one school if you get to the interview. They ordinarily have no way of knowing whether you did or not, and they usually don't bother checking it.
As for your age, you're qualified.
Success, fall 2013 applicant!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
moroh:
That you applied to one school may or may not be a disadvantage depending on how you put it to the consular. 22 years is definitely an advantage for an Msc. Welcome in advance to New York State!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
Yvete:

shocked Did you really look things up? I applied to HCCS for someone yesterday and wonder what confuses you. I didn't pay a cent, took about 5 minutes and printed out the admission letter immediately. There are Community Colleges in the 50 United States. All cheap so it must not be TX. Google CC's in the Sunbelt/Lower United States. Cities in places like Arkansas, Alabama if you wish... Look up Gambling University, LA. Heard its cheap, but I know nothing about their reputation. Do the research yourself.

No scholarships at any CC in the US. Don't be misinformed. These schools are dirt cheap so its expected that you can afford it. Who seeks financial aid to a College that costs less than 3K a semester?
okay ma, but this is what i found on the hcc website when i click on appy now; Application Deadlines for New International Students

Fall Semester ..................... July 1
Spring Semester ................ November 18
Summer Semester ............. April 1
Maybe u can kindly send me d direct link which u use to apply yesterday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
stan-ogb:

If by July 2013, you hear that CUNY admission didn't work what will you do? Wait till spring 2014? That's a bad idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Seunbunmi:
okay ma, but this is what i found on the hcc website when i click on appy now; Application Deadlines for New International Students
Spring Semester ................ November 18
Maybe u can kindly send me d direct link which u use to apply yesterday

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
imperiouxx: Asking for N20,000 to process transcript which only cost N1,500 in most schools is an act of theft. grin

Provided it is convenient for you. I think I like the fact that there is such service and I look forward to using them later in the year provided they are efficient.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Andre Ogara: lol very funny. lipsrsealed That's exactly what I meant. I heard about wakanow.com but the site is confusing with all the mashed colours and ads creeping out of every crevice. So how do I fly to Chicago from Lagos?

Use ofe or kanako. what date are you looking to travel to start with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Yvete:

That date is for students seeking visas. Yesterday, I was told that you can enroll until Jan 13 of you've already got a visa. Please apply as a transfer student, not new student. When they ask for SSN, try 000000000. If it doesn't work, change the last 2 digits to a number you can remember. Then write it down for your own record. The person I applied for is still in Nigeria so you can do the same.

Try other CCs in other states too.
Alright i will do that right away. tanxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
GboyegaD:

Provided it is convenient for you. I think I like the fact that there is such service and I look forward to using them later in the year provided they are efficient.

I know you're Texas Don nau...... The " D " at the back of your username says it all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
Yvete:

shocked Did you really look things up? I applied to HCCS for someone yesterday and wonder what confuses you. I didn't pay a cent, took about 5 minutes and printed out the admission letter immediately. There are Community Colleges in the 50 United States. All cheap so it must not be TX. Google CC's in the Sunbelt/Lower United States. Cities in places like Arkansas, Alabama if you wish... Look up Gambling University, LA. Heard its cheap, but I know nothing about their reputation. Do the research yourself.

No scholarships at any CC in the US. Don't be misinformed. These schools are dirt cheap so its expected that you can afford it. Who seeks financial aid to a College that costs less than 3K a semester?
@Yvete Me oh grin will you sponsor my education in Hcc?cos I can't afford it wink
embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
imperiouxx: I know you're Texas Don nau...... The " D " at the back of your username says it all.

Hope its not the Gboyega I've heard about. Did you attend North TX or the Redeemed Church in D...n? That's where I did my bachelors.

elkharpone: @Yvete Me oh grin will you sponsor my education in Hcc?cos I can't afford it wink
embarassed

Hmnnnn try ESUT or University of Ekpoma. You should be able to afford it. Loooool

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.