Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 2:17am On Jan 04, 2013
Yvete:

I had to re-think this whole thing. Admittedly, my conscience won't let me see you in the wrong so I will break it all down for you. See how sweet I am? grin Sweet as pie!

1. You need to be present in the US at least by January 9 to do this with housing already in place or you may defer till summer '13 preferably . You don't seem ready cool
2. I explained the transfer process before. Go find it in previous pages, okay?
3. Hope you've already filled and printed the I-20 transfer request form. It should be on the schools' website. Whatever school you choose.
3. The first morning after arrival, contact MSU to inform them of your transfer due to financial difficulties and obtain the Intl Student Advisor report (You may have to go there in person). Find out before leaving Nigeria.
4. That same morning after arrival, take both forms to the CC Intl student's office.
4. The state of TX requires meningitis immunization for Intl Students under 30 before enrollment ($150). Do this the same day.
** Don't bother about Health insurance. Insurance provided by CCs are affordable.
** Don't bother about providing any bank statements because you've got the visa already. Please make arrangement for the tuition that can cover at least 1 year before leaving, just in case.
** If you'd be attending DCC, apply to Richland campus @ Dallas. You could meet Nigerians/other Intl Students that you can share apartment with, and also, commuting by bus is easier. If you choose HCCS, attend the Alief campus too for the same reasons mentioned. You can also choose any CC outside Texas. Accessible bus route and housing is a priority.

Plead with whoever it is to take a day off to help you. Everyone in the US is in a rush and if they're not willing, don't get mad cos' such is life! Hope everything works out for it.

tanxxxxxx Yvete in r one in a million....i jst saw ur respond. God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 04, 2013
imperiouxx: To whoever likes this, my supervisor just gave me some science career journals: CAREER TRENDS (industry or Academia) gotten from this website http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/ and I wish to share it with you science guys (sorry my other colleagues like mamacita4bonita grin). It's about science jobs after schooling.
That was helpful...by just briefly scanning through I found 2 articles that could apply to me...Thanx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Surestboyxxx: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2013
@House
Please Did anyone know much about Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry,New York Is there any Nigerian there? I applied to the school but i still want you guys to say anything you know about the school
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2013
Andre Ogara: lol very funny. lipsrsealed That's exactly what I meant. I heard about wakanow.com but the site is confusing with all the mashed colours and ads creeping out of every crevice. So how do I fly to Chicago from Lagos?
uhmm! Dt question shld be referred to some guyz here whom i knw must hv seen ds nd wld reply soon......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2013
embarassedNow that's some sense of humour Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ got there. Thanks. Though I got it all sorted out.
kpolli:

You enter a bus to Mushin, from there another bus to Oshodi, Mile II. . . Do not stop at Oshodi, drop at Mile II. . . Then take bike to Seme, when you get to Seme, call me, I would come and pick you up

But seriously u can use connecting flights, it's always cheapest to fly to JFK. . . Then proceed to Chicago via local flight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Salute to the moderators and contributors here, i have been following the thread for a while. Pls i need your help o, I applied to Virginia International University to study Business Administration and i am yet to send my documents though i have paid the processing fee already. The school doesn't require the TOEFL score but I am scared 'coz almost everyone in here is saying you should write the TOEFl exams even if the school doesn't require it. Please advice Me on what to do as i applied for Summer1 which starts in May and time is going... Thanks in anticipation of your response. God bless y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay: Salute to the moderators and contributors here, i have been following the thread for a while. Pls i need your help o, I applied to Virginia International University to study Business Administration and i am yet to send my documents though i have paid the processing fee already. The school doesn't require the TOEFL score but I am scared 'coz almost everyone in here is saying you should write the TOEFl exams even if the school doesn't require it. Please advice Me on what to do as i applied for Summer1 which starts in May and time is going... Thanks in anticipation of your response. God bless y'all

TOEFL issue apart, it's never too late to apply to 1 or 2 more schools. VIU! .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay: Salute to the moderators and contributors here, i have been following the thread for a while. Pls i need your help o, I applied to Virginia International University to study Business Administration and i am yet to send my documents though i have paid the processing fee already. The school doesn't require the TOEFL score but I am scared 'coz almost everyone in here is saying you should write the TOEFl exams even if the school doesn't require it. Please advice Me on what to do as i applied for Summer1 which starts in May and time is going... Thanks in anticipation of your response. God bless y'all

Please if u can be refunded ur money back, better collect it back.... Go back a few pages here n see the analysis of VIU.... Don't become a laughing stock
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ House: pls I have a question to ask that needs ur urgent response. My school resumes on jan 14th but the appointment date I got was jan 17th. I wrote the school for extension letter but was told they can't cos enrolment would av been over by then that I should defer my admission. Pls I want to ask that can I still go for my interview on the 17th and defer after I must have gotten the visa. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Surestboyxxx: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Surestboyxxx: @House
Please Did anyone know much about Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry,New York Is there any Nigerian there? I applied to the school but i still want you guys to say anything you know about the school
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay: Salute to the moderators and contributors here, i have been following the thread for a while. Pls i need your help o, I applied to Virginia International University to study Business Administration and i am yet to send my documents though i have paid the processing fee already. The school doesn't require the TOEFL score but I am scared 'coz almost everyone in here is saying you should write the TOEFl exams even if the school doesn't require it. Please advice Me on what to do as i applied for Summer1 which starts in May and time is going ... Thanks in anticipation of your response. God bless y'all

God bless u too. the time of disappointment is going for ur own good. i dont bliv dat u av been reading dis thread for a while. it cant be dat u've never seen a bad comment abt that skl. VIU refuse to give up sha.

Surestboyxxx: @House Please Did anyone know much about Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry,New York Is there any Nigerian there? I applied to the school but i still want you guys to say anything you know about the school Thanks.
wat is it exactly dat u want to hear abt dem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
kpolli: Lol.... I can only wonder how she shops grin grin Isn't orientation meant to be next week?

loool kpollliiii be looking for trouble dere. Its me u're laughing at. ok oo cry cry ive been shopping and buying sweaters since i came so no shopping again for now. we're going to dallas 2moro morning then i'll leave on monday because my orientation is on tuesday. I contacted my school to see if I can continue wit my masters in another program like human resources and they said that they no longer offer health administration buh after my first semester dey'll release a transfer letter to any other accredited school to accept the management courses that i'll take this semester.long story sha buh no more nursing skl again. ill send u a mail wen i arrive. thnks dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Yvete: Lol...the one that's already close to me is a handful. This morning she was like, "I know you're kind of tired of me , abii?" Just so that I'll say something. I laughed and replied, I can't be tired of you, but I'm sick of the 'people-pleasing wahala' associated with you. hahahaaa!

lloll shey u'll soon start missing me. When u beg me i wont come back
nobody will help u when u're always running late in the mornings
nobody to make oatmeal for u
no massage till summer tongue

imperiouxx: To whoever likes this, my supervisor just gave me some science career journals: CAREER TRENDS (industry or Academia) gotten from this website http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/ and I wish to share it with you science guys (sorry my other colleagues like mamacita4bonita grin). It's about science jobs after schooling.

did ur friend tell u dat i dont like u anymore. i asked u a question and u didnt want to help me.
oga imperrioux is dat how u guide ur sheep?
dnt call my name again. lloooooll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mamacita007:

loool kpollliiii be looking for trouble dere. Its me u're laughing at. ok oo cry cry ive been shopping and buying sweaters since i came so no shopping again for now. we're going to dallas 2moro morning then i'll leave on monday because my orientation is on tuesday. I contacted my school to see if I can continue wit my masters in another program similar to human resources and they said that they no longer offer health administration but after my first semester dey'll release a transfer letter to any other accredited school to accept the management courses that i'll take this semester. long story sha but no more nursing skl again. ill send u a mail wen i arrive. thnks dear

Kool... Good decision
Your welcome dear. . .

Plus I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing with you grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Journey mercies to those of u coming this spring. don't bring indomie with chicken flavor plsssss. the immigration officer emptied the 2 fuill boxes of indomie in the dustbin there. they asked me if im carrying any food and i said yes so they took us to the side and started searching our bags. they allowed me to carry the dry fish, dry leaves, golden morn, honey, know cubes, egusi, crayfish, cashews and other foodstuffs. they didnt see d suya buh the biggs meatpie spoiled in the plane so i threw it away.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
kpolli:

Please if u can be refunded ur money back, better collect it back.... Go back a few pages here n see the analysis of VIU.... Don't become a laughing stock

kpolli - pls do u mean i should just forget about the school and choose another school or is it that i need to write the toefl exams. Please help me out by explaining better.... God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay:

kpolli - pls do u mean i should just forget about the school and choose another school or is it that i need to write the toefl exams. Please help me out by explaining better.... God bless you.

see question oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mamacita007:

God bless u too. the time of disappointment is going for ur own good. i dont bliv dat u av been reading dis thread for a while. it cant be dat u've never seen a bad comment abt that skl. VIU refuse to give up sha.

wat is it exactly dat u want to hear?

Mamacita007 - please do explain to me better what exactly the problem is with Virginia International University, I am a novice in this process and i really need your help on what next to do. Thanks in anticipation of your problem solving response... God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mamacita007: Journey mercies to those of u coming this spring. don't bring indomie with chicken flavor plsssss. the immigration offer emptied the 2 fuill boxes of indomie in the dustbin there. they asked me if im carrying any food and i said yes so they took us to the side and started searching our bags. they allowed me to carry the dry fish, dry leaves, golden morn, honey, know cubes, egusi, crayfish, cashews and every other foodstuff. they didnt see d suya buh the biggs meatpie spoiled in the plane so i threw it away.

Mamacita!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
imperiouxx:

TOEFL issue apart, it's never too late to apply to 1 or 2 more schools. VIU! .....

imperiouxx - i know you have been helping almost everyone in this thread, pls help me out too... pls explain to me on better terms what exactly is wrong with Virginia International University... God bless you Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay:

Please do, that school won't get you a visa. . . TOEFL is easy, don't u speak english? You can pass it and apply to a more respectable school. .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
kpolli: Mamacita!!!

lloll wat? u dont like biggs? stop this ur omo ghetto thing ooo looool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mamacita007:

lol wat? u dont like biggs? stop this ur omo ghetto thing ooo looool

How did you expect the meat pie to survive that long? Now who is Omo ghetto?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gud evening everyone,is it possible to get a date f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ appointment from now till 15th?M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ cousin was denied since 28th of december and is finding it hard to get a date since den and skool resumes 23rd.how long does it take to get a date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay: Mamacita007 - please do explain to me better what exactly the problem is with Virginia International University, I am a novice in this process and i really need your help on what next to do. Thanks in anticipation of your problem solving response... God bless you.

let me act like yvete. Go and read from page 140 to this page to find out wat pple av been saying abt viu. Na bad luck school be dat. My brother be thnking God dat u found out early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
kpolli:

How did you expect the meat pie to survive that long? Now who is Omo ghetto?

loool i bought it hot from the biggs by the airport in Lag anyways, wont buy it next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mamacita007:

loool i bought it hot from the biggs by the airport in Lag. anyways, wont buy it next time.

That's true, were u not meant to send something my way from the sale of that "our" car
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
yvete hw u doing, oga imperious pls i need follow u yarn sometins o, hw we fit do am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
olarwarlay:

imperiouxx - i know you have been helping almost everyone in this thread, pls help me out too... pls explain to me on better terms what exactly is wrong with Virginia International University... God bless you Sir!

Here is the best reply you would ever get here about VIU

kpolli:

Please don't, that school won't get you a visa. . . TOEFL is easy, don't u speak english? You can pass it and apply to a more respectable school. .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
To VIU applicant : how did you come across the school?
You probably heard that their admission is very sure but you didn't wait to ask if the visa(koko) to study in a school like that is sure.
Use their application fees to apply into 3 standard schools and u re fine!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
This VIU is fast becoming the most popular school in the USA now ooo...shei i no go transfer go that school sef, at least my tuition fee may get reduced by half...shebi all na American school...lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
talk2D: To VIU applicant : how did you come across the school?
You probably heard that their admission is very sure but you didn't wait to ask if the visa(koko) to study in a school like that is sure.
Use their application fees to apply into 3 standard schools and u re fine!

I wonder why those wretched Nigerian agents won't hesitate to lure travel wannabes with those technical. Those agents won't advertise world leading schools such MIT, Sanford, Harvard and other government schools in the US but VIU, devry, Phoenix etc, all for the same price and stress. If you open your yahoomail and see school adverts flashing, ask yourself if the school is so tiny that people in US couldn't see it for it to be on yahoo ads.

@olarwarlay,

So far on this thread, we've seen VIU visa applicants vs US embassy Nigeria 0 - 4 within one month. Digest that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.