Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308264 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
oh bouy na only me dey wait 4 verification from WES? D wait is freaking KILLING... Hope dey used d email option
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
s-beauty :
Pls I'm still finding it hard to get the toefl and GRE materials I was sent and I cnt find it anymore in my email.
Can anyone pls forward it to either of these email:
ogunfowora_oluwaseun@yahoo.com
Or
Ravinloon_05@yahoo.com..
Would appreciate

U've got two mails!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
@imperiouxx and others:Is it CBT GRE that is conducted at Abuja and Lagos test centers? When and how do I get ETS to know the 4 free schools and codes? I guess I will fill out the form and send it to Canada, my pal enters his credit card details and mail the envelope to the Netherlands. I target November 10 at Abuja.

Which school are you in, am still searching against Computer Science, M.Sc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 12:21am On Aug 26, 2012
ferdiii:

And not any more! See attached files.Even to have someone abroad pay online for you is not allowed once you say ur test location is gonna be Nigeria.We are suffering oh!

This is really serious, na wa oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:45am On Aug 26, 2012
walex57: @fredii: it take 2 days just like imperiouxx said...and yes it's just a preparatory english test not an of my major tests...i juz wan start lecture nah
@phy: just needed guys to pray for me that it continues that way...no other motive intended...thanks for the advice
)GboyegaD: Thanks so much...how u dey nah...

I dey ooo seriously anticipating lectures to commence. Who dey Houston presently cos I don enter for the weekend. Sorry this is coming so late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 2:16am On Aug 26, 2012
king1_00:

I attend TU. If you are coming for masters program, then your best bet is MBA cause its a professional school, if undergraduate, i think they have a couple of programs that might interest you. I could help you a great deal, and alot of people have funding if you can play a particular sports and also have a good test score and transcript. email me loretta_001@yahoo.com.

cheers!
Bros how you dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:18am On Aug 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

I dey ooo seriously anticipating lectures to commence. Who dey Houston presently cos I don enter for the weekend. Sorry this is coming so late.

See how assignments and presentations lined up for me within a week of resumption. Kai! US! Una no go kill students sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2012
ferdiii: @imperiouxx and others:Is it CBT GRE that is conducted at Abuja and Lagos test centers? When and how do I get ETS to know the 4 free schools and codes? I guess I will fill out the form and send it to Canada, my pal enters his credit card details and mail the envelope to the Netherlands. I target November 10 at Abuja.

Which school are you in, am still searching against Computer Science, M.Sc?
Yea. Ony the CBT GRE is offered at Lagos and Abuja. From the ETS official list of PBT centres, the PBT is written in Nigeria at Aba, Benin and Lagos too. The PBT general revised GRE exam dates are only thrice yearly: Oct 20 2012, Nov 17 2012 and Feb 9 2013.
As for the institution codes, you can either visit the school's website and get the code or download the full list of institution codes from the ETS site - www.ets.org and pick out the codes from there.
Which test type do you want?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yea. Ony the CBT GRE is offered at Lagos and Abuja. From the ETS official list of PBT centres, the PBT is written in Nigeria at Aba, Benin and Lagos too. The PBT general revised GRE exam dates are only thrice yearly: Oct 20 2012, Nov 17 2012 and Feb 9 2013.
As for the institution codes, you can either visit the school's website and get the code or download the full list of institution codes from the ETS site - www.ets.org and pick out the codes from there.
Which test type do you want?

CBT any time. Am looking at November's at Abuja.Okay I will try get the school codes. But how do u get ETS to note them? That is only available for PTB. Will it be on the test day? I still need some good schools for Msc Computer Science. I intend to get my Phd on it before coming back or going to any other place.My older brother is sponsoring. I will still pitch in with my own savings. Am doing and funding all these registrations and travels on my own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
imperiouxx:

See how assignments and presentations lined up for me within a week of resumption. Kai! US! Una no go kill students sha.

Guy, still pitch in on my concerns especially the school's. I intend to apply to 3 US and 1 Canadian schools. Msc Computer Science!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bibigirl07: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
Pls I need a positive reply urgently. How fast can a Doctors' report facilitate a Visa to the US for fertility treatment for I ‎​Ãήϑ my spouse.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dammy1102(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2012
Student Visa is so difficult now at US Embassy.

Way Forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
bibigirl07: Pls I need a positive reply urgently. How fast can a Doctors' report facilitate a Visa to the US for fertility treatment for I ‎​Ãήϑ my spouse.
Bibigirl, you're in the wrong thread. This is a student visa related thread. I'll try as best as I can to advise however. You have two options here. Option 1, apply for visiting visa and when you get to the US, go about your private business. You visiting visa allows you to seek medical attention while in the US. I know people in a similar situation and my advise was this option. Option 2 as you said is to get your doctor's letter. In my personal opinion, the consular officer may grant you a visa out of compassion. I also think your doctor must be able to prove that your condition is life threatening and there is no facility in Nigeria that can provide the level of care you need. While I'm not sure of the severity of your case, I cannot say for a fact that infertility count as a severe case except if you have some medical conditions that go with it. I am not a doctor though. I am an engineer; I know nothing about medicine.
I wish you luck and pray that you find favor and all the wonderful things that you desire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
PLEASE FRIENDS AM LITTLE CONFUSE NOW I WAS GRANTED ADMISSION TO PSYCHOLOGY IN EAST BAY UNIVERSITY IN CALIFORNIA AND ALSO GRANTED ADMISSION TO STUDY SOCIOLOGY IN MORGAN UNIVERSITY IN USA PLEASE AM SO CONFUSE WHICH OF THE MAJOR SHOULD I GO WITH AND THE LEVEL OF WORK IN NIGERIA AFTER STUDYING....PLEASE HELP NEEDED ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
ik.swiss:
PLEASE FRIENDS AM LITTLE CONFUSE NOW I WAS GRANTED ADMISSION TO PSYCHOLOGY IN EAST BAY UNIVERSITY IN CALIFORNIA AND ALSO GRANTED ADMISSION TO STUDY SOCIOLOGY IN MORGAN UNIVERSITY IN USA PLEASE AM SO CONFUSE WHICH OF THE MAJOR SHOULD I GO WITH AND THE LEVEL OF WORK IN NIGERIA AFTER STUDYING....PLEASE HELP NEEDED ASAP

Bold 1: The question is funny and shouldn't be asked from no one else but yourself. No one can mode your career for you, as I can remember you claimed you are studying in North Cyprus. Then you should be able know what's best for you.

Bold 2: Forget, you are not coming back to Nigeria to work with your experience after your studies. Let be realistic here please. And if you are still waiting till you can use it in Nigeria, you still have a long to go in predicting nearest future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kanayogod(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Imperiouxx, and all, i have a dilemma, my brother who is a US Citizen just filed for me on july 10, 2012, i wish to study for msc in spring, pls, kindly assess my situation, do i wait for the filing to sail thru considering the lenghty years i have to wait, though he filed from Hawaii, he's with the US army, some said due to the very low black population, the filing might be processed earlier, or i should go ahead and apply for spring 2013.
I hope to hear frm you all soon. Much Love!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kanayogod(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Square65,
i checked thru the attached, i'm at a loss o! I have a friend in Canada who wants to register GRE for me, guess now, she has to send the money down which wil be hard o!
@fredii,
I'm a computer science spring hopeful, i got some schls that do not require GRE, like imperiouxx and others have advised, you should take the test for VO's, TA's and GA's sake!
Lets chat up, kanayogod@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
kanayogod: @Imperiouxx, and all, i have a dilemma, my brother who is a US Citizen just filed for me on july 10, 2012, i wish to study for msc in spring, pls, kindly assess my situation, do i wait for the filing to sail thru considering the lenghty years i have to wait, though he filed from Hawaii, he's with the US army, some said due to the very low black population, the filing might be processed earlier, or i should go ahead and apply for spring 2013.

Filing for you makes you an immigrant and waiting for that to go through will take you some time but it may worth waiting. But if you would like it you can go for your student application while waiting for the immigrant application. Though, it's gonna be hard to convince them you are not potential immigrant to get the student visa because your brother had said it all. Luck still work better, try it. About black population, forget that. No part of US is new to blacks and US don't give damn about black population neither does blacks give any f**k about whites. They give gap to each other here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
kanayogod: @Square65,
i checked thru the attached, i'm at a loss o! I have a friend in Canada who wants to register GRE for me, guess now, she has to send the money down which wil be hard o!
@fredii,
I'm a computer science spring hopeful, i got some schls that do not require GRE, like imperiouxx and others have advised, you should take the test for VO's, TA's and GA's sake!

Yeah I would definitely have to do the GRE. I need that experience. I have got TOEFL, SAT and two IELTS- recent one is still valid.I have added you on my yahoo messenger chat. Your friend should pay with the mode he has and that is acceptable and mail works to the Netherlands.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
ik.swiss:
Someone already answered your question. However, I'm going to be a little bit bias here. I'm a Morgan State graduate. There is a lot of opportunities for scholarship in MSU but I cannot speak for East Bay. Regarding coming back to work in Nigeria......umh..........the CO knows your intent. MSU is also an HBCU. Also, you shouldn't be asking anyone on nairaland what to do when you grow up. Remember it's your life. I bet a lot of us here are asking ourselves what in the world is sociology?
Good luck as you make your choice. Do not tell the CO you have admission for two different courses though. You may be giving the impression of a truly confused individual. Oh well...you said it. Give yourself time to figure out your future career.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
dammy1102: Student Visa is so difficult now at US Embassy.

Way Forward?

why do u say so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
kanayogod: @Imperiouxx, and all, i have a dilemma, my brother who is a US Citizen just filed for me on july 10, 2012, i wish to study for msc in spring, pls, kindly assess my situation, do i wait for the filing to sail thru considering the lenghty years i have to wait, though he filed from Hawaii, he's with the US army, some said due to the very low black population, the filing might be processed earlier, or i should go ahead and apply for spring 2013.
Kanayogod, filing for immigrant visa for a sibling may take up to 10years (the last time I checked; its being a while though) its less than a year for parents. So waiting for your immigrant visa to come through may take that long. This is not to scare you. I guess you already know and took that into consideration when your brother was filing for you. Also, if you have a pending case (which I believe you will declare), it makes your case even more complicated. When you knew you will be seeking an F1 visa, your brother should have held of filling I130 for you. your brother being in the military makes no difference; I was a military spouse so I can tell you that much. You"ll wait in line like everybody else.
I"ll say the deed is done. Take your chances. You never can tell. But generally, I don't advise people to file for siblings who may want to come to the US (for visits, scool etc) before the long wait of visa availability for relatives of siblings .
Good luck. USCIS will answer most of your questions more than all of nairaland together. Per the low black population, who says? Really, everywhere I turn, I see BLACK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2012
biofem2000:
Someone already answered your question. However, I'm going to be a little bit bias here. I'm a Morgan State graduate. There is a lot of opportunities for scholarship in MSU but I cannot speak for East Bay. Regarding coming back to work in Nigeria......umh..........the CO knows your intent. MSU is also an HBCU. Also, you shouldn't be asking anyone on nairaland what to do when you grow up. Remember it's your life. I bet a lot of us here are asking ourselves what in the world is sociology?
Good luck as you make your choice. Do not tell the CO you have admission for two different courses though. You may be giving the impression of a truly confused individual. Oh well...you said it. Give yourself time to figure out your future career.

Even with the use of the word confuse---what happened to confused?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
kanayogod: @Square65,
@fredii,

This is my e-mail addy:ferdimako@yahoo.com and cell numba:08035780517. I don't ping or 2go! I chat alot on yahoo & Fb.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
kpolli:

why do u say so

HOW DIFFICULT? angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hello my pple,

I arrived US on Friday evening and till now I have been struggling to settle down here. Looking for an apartment but all what I have been seeing off campus are just too high. $450/month, is that a good deal for me? My school's International Orientation is tomorrow and I want to move in to any apartment I get that same tomorrow. Please anyone with a better deal at CCSU connecticut should help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:16am On Aug 27, 2012
Baiyewu: Bros how you dey

Boss i dey , you suppose do enter na. try email me your phone number so we fit dey talk wella.

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2012
ik.swiss:

It really depends on what you want to do. But let me quote from the advice i had from my siblings here as a matter of fact my brother finished from Morgan and presently works in the US. There is something about Morgan and scholarship. I think they give it alot especially to black students, and off course there are a lot of nigerians there too. It really depends on what you want to do and details of your admission in terms of funding. i dont know much about East Bay, but Morgan i know very well. So make up your mind based on that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:26am On Aug 27, 2012
lanrypaddy: Hello my pple,

I arrived US on Friday evening and till now I have been struggling to settle down here. Looking for an apartment but all what I have been seeing off campus are just too high. $450/month, is that a good deal for me? My school's International Orientation is tomorrow and I want to move in to any apartment I get that same tomorrow. Please anyone with a better deal at CCSU connecticut should help out.

Boss just calm down choose house abeg. I rush go sign agreement of one year, for 300/month and just today i saw another offer better than where i stay for 250. So just calm down dont rush make connect with Nigerians in your school if there are any. Th naija guy wey dey my school just arrived today, he is actuyally an old student but i don sign agreement already.

Email me your number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elektra(f): 2:55am On Aug 27, 2012
Hey guys. How are we? Arrived safe, trying to settle down. Ill need to get at apartment off campus cos dis on campus rates are off the roof. Anyone around university of south florida here? hurricane isaac coming our way so classes for tmrw r cancelled. Woohoo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 3:56am On Aug 27, 2012
Just wanna share my story abt helping someone I met on here..... Please advice if I had done anything bad cuz I have made up my mind never to help anyone...
I was following this topic and advising few pple who wrote me and to God be the glory out of 3 pple I advised 2 got a visa, one of them arrived on friday (name withheld), he called that he was at JFK airport and that he needed my help, I drove abt 35-40mins to the airport to pick up someone I don't no,never met, took him to my friends place, out of pity say him dey come as student, I carry am buy am food even carry am enter club buy am drinks,made him felt at home,little did I know that this dude was ungrateful. Before I know the guy begin para say him wan go, make i carry am go where him go enter train and this was around after 2am and my people everything wey I do na free oooo, I no collect a dime. Long story short I stayed with this dude till 6am.find him a cheap ass motel around the airport before leaving....nothing pain me for everything wey I do but the fact say the guy dey ungrateful na him pain me pass... So my pple abeg I wan ask una na mistake I do to pick person wey I no before,give am food before carry enter club make him for feel at home...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:36am On Aug 27, 2012
Freddieyankee: Just wanna share my story abt helping someone I met on here..... Please advice if I had done anything bad cuz I have made up my mind never to help anyone...
I was following this topic and advising few pple who wrote me and to God be the glory out of 3 pple I advised 2 got a visa, one of them arrived on friday (name withheld), he called that he was at JFK airport and that he needed my help, I drove abt 35-40mins to the airport to pick up someone I don't no,never met, took him to my friends place, out of pity say him dey come as student, I carry am buy am food even carry am enter club buy am drinks,made him felt at home,little did I know that this dude was ungrateful. Before I know the guy begin para say him wan go, make i carry am go where him go enter train and this was around after 2am and my people everything wey I do na free oooo, I no collect a dime. Long story short I stayed with this dude till 6am.find him a cheap ass motel around the airport before leaving....nothing pain me for everything wey I do but the fact say the guy dey ungrateful na him pain me pass... So my pple abeg I wan ask una na mistake I do to pick person wey I no before,give am food before carry enter club make him for feel at home...

No vex sir. . . pls don't stop the good work. . . God wud reward u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.