Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,436 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution (12303 Views)

Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by four4: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2012
pro01:

Don't be silly; I didn't invite a scumbag like you to respond to my post. Keep your filthy opinion to yourself.

@ Topic. As I suspected, the adversarial Nation Newspaper's report might have been overly manipulated to suit Tinubu's ACN's purposes. The Nation's report makes it seem as if the First Lady was asking for constitutional provisions that would guarantee first ladies retirement benefits - by viture of their first ladyship. Clearly, that was not what she meant. In her own (admittedly ineloquent) way of speaking, she meant that first ladies should be allowed to pursue their own careers and earn their own retirement benefits consequently. Evidence of this can be found in two other more credible reports from more credible national newspapers

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/patience-jonathan-sworn-in-as-perm-sec-in-bayelsa/

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-promotion-was-deserved-says-patience-jonathan/120464/

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-promotion-was-deserved-says-patience-jonathan/120464/
did you understand english atall? Abi is there any difference btw two papers? What is the concern of TINUBU or ACN in this stupidity of you sister? Well naso una de do, blaming so one else for una failure
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by jamil2(m): 8:24am On Jul 21, 2012
Do I have problem with this? I laugh in dame and jonathon grin
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2012
four4: did you understand english atall? Abi is there any difference btw two papers? What is the concern of TINUBU or ACN in this stupidity of you sister?

Another dimwit. It seems you toads have a massive blackout in your brains. If you can't differentiate between the two reports, then that is YOUR problem.

For the avoidance of doubt, Patience Jonathan did NOT ask for retirement benefits based on the position of First Lady. She asked that in some way, first ladies should be allowed to pursue their own careers (as she purports to be doing by taking up the Perm Sec appointment), so that they can earn their own retirement benefits - FROM THEIR CAREERS. That is the context that was lost in the Nation's report, which was a deliberate misrepresentation to suit their adversarial purposes. The blind hatred for Patience Jonathan wouldn't allow you bats to spot this critical contextual difference.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by DExplorer1: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Heymus(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2012
Lawson23: This patie self na wa for her
nhmmm! Pattie! Pattie!! Aya jona my son in whom i'm well please, don't worry urselfff they must to sign am. Aaah. Aaaaah odi dandan(in Baba'voice). grin
nhmmm! Pattie! Pattie!! Aya jona my son in whom i'm well please, don't worry urselfff they must to sign am. Aaah. Aaaaah odi dandan(in Baba'voice).
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by edakedkay: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2012
Tell her to put up posters and start campaigning all over the country under the platform of RMPP "Rretarded and Mumu Peoples Party"
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by dominique(f): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2012
what about all the billions she 'allegedly' laundered as Bayelsa first lady? that should be more than any retirement benefit she's proposing. just cos the case was swept under the carpet doesn't mean we've forgotten. i don't think i'll ever see a greedier person in this life-time. still people come here and justify she and her husband's (abi na wife :-/) antics. it is well with us naija.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Vigilante: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2012
edakedkay: Tell her to put up posters and start campaigning all over the country under the platform of RMPP "Rretarded and Mumu Peoples Party"

grin
edakedkay: Tell her to put up posters and start campaigning all over the country under the platform of RMPP "Rretarded and Mumu Peoples Party"

You badt sha
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by damola57: 9:32am On Jul 21, 2012
Chei, you have seen naija has turned to. These people as so greedy and short sighted. Pat Jona should know that they are not the first to get to aso rock and they will not be the last. They should stop stealing naija blind because jona cannot be given an opportunity to thief and his wife be stealing also.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Jabioro: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2012
Dame! U want 2 include ur burden,alreay Nigeria constitutn had enof distorted lines.am sorry 2 say dis Dame Jona u r nt a gudmother.check hw much is stable food stuff in 9ja b4 ur hubby bcame president and compare it nw.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Abbey2sam(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2012
why is she always making herself a laffin stuff,dont she knw that d "post" is ceremonial i.e benefit of been d president's wife,now she want it in d constitution.....very soon she will tell us how to run nigeria..
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by ezeonline2(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2012
what is dis damn woman taking herself to b,money no de do her?upon all d one way u n ur huzband don gada u still want retirement benefit. This is a pityable dismal-pismal.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by onuwaje(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2012
This woman wen no sabi speak english sef.... Wetin be ur own..... Seems she is getting of the hook, the president shud be impeached.... She wants entitlement wen there re people living under the bridge.... GOD PUNISH U[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#550000][/color]
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by apostle007(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2012
ypzilanti: Just shows you the type of people we have ruling us.

I argued with friends before the last election that the calibre of wife GEJ has is an indication of his character.

I was told that the topic was off limits.

It's a good point if the man is your electrician: Your electricain's wife does not contribute to the wiring of your house.

But a President's, wife is likely going to affect your life because it's lonely at the top and the President will likely debate issues with his wife on that Presidential Bed. He will gain or lose by the intelligence/dumbness of his wife.

In conclusion, unless GEJ's marriage was an arranged marriage, he was showing poor decision making by this choice long before he became President.

Irrelevant. What has GEJ's choice of wife got to do with his character? Besides, he made that decision a very long time ago, when he wasn't president. Decision making is a function of many variables.

With your level of thinking, I don't believe your decision making is any better than the president's.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by oge4real(f): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
I suggest Dame should take time out to go and serve Michelle Obama for 6 months so she can know a lil bit of what is expected of her.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Abbey2sam(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=D-Explorer]It's unfortunate what NL has become when it comes to GEJ issue and that of his wife. Several comments here are simply out-of-content, no point made, no fact stated. Why should everyone sleep and turn their heads to THE SAME direction. Even those so little to be her grandsons and daughters has subscribed to insult and curses. Even if you have issues with the government, was it GEJ's fault that you lack appropriate morals? Are these the generation that call themselves leaders? The ir
who da hell are you, is dat d right tin to come out of first lady's stinkin mouth? No...she should learn from michell obama
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by godbroda(m): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
This woman is really talented in comedy!
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by aytuns(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
So presidency don become family affair abi??a "my husband and I are running this country" case, hmm, what's with this woman from self?? Rubbish!! Mtchew
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by dpuzo: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Richtronix:

What kind of self hater are you?

Obviously you are black....

Deal with Patience's stupidity without resorting to self derogatory language.

She is a big niggres
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by dpuzo: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Very soon she'll want election for office of first lady
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by jmaine: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
apostle007:

Irrelevant. What has GEJ's choice of wife got to do with his character? Besides, he made that decision a very long time ago, when he wasn't president. Decision making is a function of many variables.

With your level of thinking, I don't believe your decision making is any better than the president's.

I love this post . .especially the boldened phrase cool
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by lookmangiw(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
jmaine:

I love this post . .especially the boldened phrase cool
why wont you love any post that praises your paymaster, idiottt.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by emmatok(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
pro01:

Another dimwit. It seems you toads have a massive blackout in your brains. If you can't differentiate between the two reports, then that is YOUR problem.

For the avoidance of doubt, Patience Jonathan did NOT ask for retirement benefits based on the position of First Lady. She asked that in some way, first ladies should be allowed to pursue their own careers (as she purports to be doing by taking up the Perm Sec appointment), so that they can earn their own retirement benefits - FROM THEIR CAREERS. That is the context that was lost in the Nation's report, which was a deliberate misrepresentation to suit their adversarial purposes. The blind hatred for Patience Jonathan wouldn't allow you bats to spot this critical contextual difference.

Mr man,

Don't try to spin the story around.
this below is from the link you posted.
“We the wives of political office holders, if our name is not in the constitution and our husbands will retire with full benefits then they should find a role for us when they are amending the constitution. They should look into our own affairs,” she said.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-promotion-was-deserved-says-patience-jonathan/120464/

What has her career got to do with the Constitution.
Did the constitution disallows the President's wife from working,pursing her career or running a business- NO
She should not bring our constitution into her personal problems.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by jmaine: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
lookmangiw:
why wont you love any post that praises your paymaster, idiottt.

And may i ask who your pay master is ? Fool . . . You often come out unusually silly and empty . . now face the thread doofus
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
emmatok:

Mr man,

Don't try to spin the story around.
this below is from the link you posted.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-promotion-was-deserved-says-patience-jonathan/120464/

What has her career got to do with the Constitution.
Did the constitution disallows the President's wife from working,pursing her career or running a business- NO
She should not bring our constitution into her personal problems.

Professor Man, what you're quoting does not invalidate my point; neither does it validate the PRINCIPAL reason all of you are castigating Patience Jonathan on this thread, viz, that she wants the constitution amended to include retirement benefits for first ladies. That was what the Nation's report wrongly insinuated - which is what most posters here are feasting on. Can you show me anywhere in the Thisday or Vanguard reports where it was indicated that Mrs Jonathan said that?
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Jul 22, 2012
oge4real: I suggest Dame should take time out to go and serve Michelle Obama for 6 months so she can know a lil bit of what is expected of her.

Technically, nothing is expected of her. She might as well be a bag that the President brought with him to Aso Rock, as the Constitution DOES NOT recognize the role of 'woman/man married to the President'. The major reason she is heard is because people pay so much attention to her. If no one did, and she was seen as any other Nigerian without a Government post, much of this would not even make the back pages.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by muktarmtt(m): 12:28am On Jul 23, 2012
I tell u dat Dame nd Gej r bunch of jokes dey dnt care abt d ppl dat r dieying evryday all she tink is hw she will get onoder seat shame on u Dame. Patient
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by sharks776(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Baba_Eleko: [size=13pt]I can't wait to read peoples bashing comment. I want to lafff [/size]grin grin grin
YOU WANT TO LAUGH! Thats the only thing you want/can do? what a pitty. Our there country is suffering and bleeding, our so called leaders are mismanaging our country but ye some of us JUST WANT TO LAUGH angry angry angry
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by RUNSTOEFLGRE: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
YOUR MAMA IS A BLLOD SUKING WITCH CRAFT...DEVILISH HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU
ismhab: THIS WOMAN IS GOOD FOR NOTHING, SHE IS A WITCH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Multiple Bomb Blast In Cameroon / Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa's Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks / Solomon Arase Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.