Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891177 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Androidking: 3:01pm On Jan 10
Which can one trust the Bluetooth scanner?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:48am On Jan 12
Androidking:
Which can one trust the Bluetooth scanner?

Just buy the one that you're sure can also scan and bring out codes from your gearbox too.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 11:37am On Jan 12
Conner44:

Just buy the one that you're sure can also scan and bring out codes from your gearbox too.

Pls that autel you recommended, do you know the price?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:52pm On Jan 12
ksmart027:

Pls that autel you recommended, do you know the price?

I don't know its price in naira in the market here today. You can get it from aliexpress.

You shock at the price abi? grin that's because it's the cheapest scanner that will give you the best bang for your buck in the market today. Buy from the stores that offer a free shipping option.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 8:36pm On Jan 12
Conner44:

I don't know its price in naira in the market here today. You can get it from aliexpress.

You shock at the price abi? grin that's because it's the cheapest scanner that will give you the best bang for your buck in the market today. Buy from the stores that offer a free shipping option.
My brother the price i saw on Jumia is not for the weak, meanwhile I also saw your post concerning the thinner, does it work?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:42pm On Jan 12
ksmart027:

My brother the price i saw on Jumia is not for the weak, meanwhile I also saw your post concerning the thinner, does it work?

Yep it works for me. Just to flush the injector net and rails off dirty fuel and the cylinder head off some stuck carbon.

Remember to dilute it at half tank of fuel to a litre of the thinner to ensure the seals in your fuel pump and injectors remain safe.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 7:10am On Jan 13
Conner44:

Yep it works for me. Just to flush the injector net and rails off dirty fuel and the cylinder head off some stuck carbon.

Remember to dilute it at half tank of fuel to a litre of the thinner to ensure the seals in your fuel pump and injectors remain safe.
Thanks boss man
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 6:55am On Jan 14
Conner44:

I hope he takes this serious.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 4:57pm On Jan 14
jceesquare:

I hope he takes this serious.

Me too undecided

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:31am On Jan 18
Help!
My 2005 accord 4cy is catless, so I used a spacer (pictured below) to try to eliminate the low efficiency code. Now I have the p0139. I'm confused.

Note: Before I got this spacer, I plugged the sensor hole with a spoilt sensor and left my working sensor under the passenger car seat but connected. I had it like this for a month while I was waiting for the spacer to arrive and there was absolutely no exhaust related codes. No cat codes and no sensor codes. But as soon as I installed the working sensor in its proper hole with the spacer, I got the p0139 on first drive. Please what did I do wrong?
Did I spoil my sensor when fixing it back? Or I should just throw it back under the seat and plug the exhaust hole? (The sensor under the seat gets hot, but not hot enough to burn or melt anything).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by milanseedorf(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18
Which free app can i use with my Bluetooth scanner. The one i had before suddenly started asking for payment for pluggings
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tucode: 10:16pm On Jan 18
Good day my Honda people! A new Honda owner in the house. Just got a 2017 Honda Accord 3 days ago after using 2010 Camry SE for 4years! I live in Benin City where Honda cars are abhorred 😂, so there’s almost no one to get tips from. Anyways, I need to ask a few questions.

1. Which Ow-20 brand of oil is should I use? I’m thinking about Mobil 1, but there’s too much fake. Which other one can I use? Also which oil filter can I use for the car and is there a dealer here I can buy original one from?

2. I don’t know what happened to the catalytic converter, but the one that came with it is the China one and I keep getting Check Engine Light (Catalytic Converter efficiency below threshold Bank 1). I want to change the catalytic converter but I can’t seem to find an OEM catalyst to buy. I have even called some dealers in Lagos and they said they don’t have it. So can I use another Aftermarket for it?

3. Any other tips on how to take care of my new baby?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18
milanseedorf:
Which free app can i use with my Bluetooth scanner. The one i had before suddenly started asking for payment for pluggings
I've been using Torque for years now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zed7: 8:29am On Jan 20
Tucode:
Good day my Honda people! A new Honda owner in the house. Just got a 2017 Honda Accord 3 days ago after using 2010 Camry SE for 4years! I live in Benin City where Honda cars are abhorred 😂, so there’s almost no one to get tips from. Anyways, I need to ask a few questions.

1. Which Ow-20 brand of oil is should I use? I’m thinking about Mobil 1, but there’s too much fake. Which other one can I use? Also which oil filter can I use for the car and is there a dealer here I can buy original one from?

2. I don’t know what happened to the catalytic converter, but the one that came with it is the China one and I keep getting Check Engine Light (Catalytic Converter efficiency below threshold Bank 1). I want to change the catalytic converter but I can’t seem to find an OEM catalyst to buy. I have even called some dealers in Lagos and they said they don’t have it. So can I use another Aftermarket for it?

3. Any other tips on how to take care of my new baby?
Very good car indeed. Just like you, I switched from Camry to the Accord.. I've been enjoying mine for two years straight, just oil change only.

I use original Mobil 1, imported by a friend. However, I believe the other brands like Castrol don't have as much fake in the market. Those are also very good oil.

As for maintenance tips, do your regular oil change. If using synthetic, once or twice a year is fine, depending on your drive frequency. Always watch out for unusual noise and attend to it immediately. Get a scanner also. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20
My honda accord 2007 steering pump is leaking fluid. Someone said it might be o ring in the pump, does anyone know what o ring is n where to get it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by goodnewscliff(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20
lawmanlala:
My honda accord 2007 steering pump is leaking fluid. Someone said it might be o ring in the pump, does anyone know what o ring is n where to get it?
some one told does not really mean thats d real problem.... Do ur findings
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by milanseedorf(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20
Macmilla:

I've been using Torque for years now.

You need to subscribe for this. Am looking for something free. Any ideas anybody
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 5:33pm On Jan 20
milanseedorf:

You need to subscribe for this. Am looking for something free. Any ideas anybody
I repeat, I've been using Torque for years. If you know, you know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 8:23pm On Jan 20
milanseedorf:

Subscribe and support the developers. Awuf dey run belle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by milanseedorf(m): 11:06pm On Jan 20
Macmilla:

I repeat, I've been using Torque for years. If you know, you know.

I no know and i want to know. Abeg show me way
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:02am On Jan 21
milanseedorf:

I no know and i want to know. Abeg show me way
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QjmHX_Q5r1MhrN7uci5InGCazBeFHQAN/view?usp=drivesdk

If you are not on android, then I can't help you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tucode: 4:38pm On Jan 22
zed7:
thank you for contribution. What about this oil Honda Genuine? I got someone who says he imports direct from US.

Very good car indeed. Just like you, I switched from Camry to the Accord.. I've been enjoying mine for two years straight, just oil change only.

I use original Mobil 1, imported by a friend. However, I believe the other brands like Castrol don't have as much fake in the market. Those are also very good oil.

As for maintenance tips, do your regular oil change. If using synthetic, once or twice a year is fine, depending on your drive frequency. Always watch out for unusual noise and attend to it immediately. Get a scanner also. Cheers

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tucode: 4:44pm On Jan 22
zed7:

Thank you for your response. I’m trying to get Mobil 1 0W-20 but to no avail. So I saw someone who recommended Honda Genuine. He said it is imported from the USA directly. What about that one? Is it a good oil? I will post the picture of it.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zed7: 5:06pm On Jan 22
Tucode:

Thank you for your response. I’m trying to get Mobil 1 0W-20 but to no avail. So I saw someone who recommended Honda Genuine. He said it is imported from the USA directly. What about that one? Is it a good oil? I will post the picture of it.

Honda oil is definitely a good oil. However, nobody can tell you if it's genuine, especially by looking at just pictures.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 5:57pm On Jan 22
zed7:

Honda oil is definitely a good oil. However, nobody can tell you if it's genuine, especially by looking at just pictures.
Same goes for Honda DW-1 ATF. You can't tell if what you are buying is original.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tucode: 7:42pm On Jan 22
Macmilla:

Same goes for Honda DW-1 ATF. You can't tell if what you are buying is original.

Omo. So which is the safest bet that one can easily tell which is original?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22
Tucode:

Omo. So which is the safest bet that one can easily tell which is original?
Omo! I don't know o. They say we should just buy from know suppliers like Hondajosh here on nairaland. But our use of Honda cars can not depend on just one person on an online platform. It doesn't make sense at all. The oil full konga with price ranging from 4k to 15k for the 1litre, but you don't know what you are ordering. It's just frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tucode: 10:29pm On Jan 22
Macmilla:

Omo! I don't know o. They say we should just buy from know suppliers like Hondajosh here on nairaland. But our use of Honda cars can not depend on just one person on an online platform. It doesn't make sense at all. The oil full konga with price ranging from 4k to 15k for the 1litre, but you don't know what you are ordering. It's just frustrating.

It's Honda Josh I got from... So I'm guessing there's a good chance that they're the original oil...?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by milanseedorf(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23
Macmilla:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QjmHX_Q5r1MhrN7uci5InGCazBeFHQAN/view?usp=drivesdk

If you are not on android, then I can't help you.

Please accept request to assess the file
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23
milanseedorf:

Please accept request to assess the file
I've made it open. You can access it now without a request.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sheuns(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23
Hello. What’s the right liters or quartz for Accord ‘10 i4 automatic transmission. The manual says 6.9quarts or 6.5 liters, mechanic says what they use for most Honda cars is 4 liters. The dipstick gauge is right on the top mark.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:22am On Jan 24
Macmilla:

This is false sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: oneman11(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.