Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,787 members, 7,824,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894798 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:23am On Jan 24
Tucode:

Thank you for your response. I’m trying to get Mobil 1 0W-20 but to no avail. So I saw someone who recommended Honda Genuine. He said it is imported from the USA directly. What about that one? Is it a good oil? I will post the picture of it.

That's a genuine HONDA OIL. it's good.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 9:38am On Jan 25
Guys, I got my DC oil replaced 3 months ago, I noticed oil has not reduced, gauge still at where it was the day I filled the oil, is it normal. Mileage is 147k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 1:38pm On Jan 25
lawmanlala:
Guys, I got my DC oil replaced 3 months ago, I noticed oil has not reduced, gauge still at where it was the day I filled the oil, is it normal. Mileage is 147k

Do you want it to reduce?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Itsrm(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25
lawmanlala:

Yes, it's normal. Was the oil reducing before?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by martins946: 6:03pm On Jan 25
Good evening team. Pls my Honda city 07 is having Gear selecting issues and when scanned it brought out this code P1887. Pls what can I do to solve this problem. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25
Itsrm:

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeyiJayden(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25
Hi, please I’ve been using Mobil 5w-30 for my civic 08, recently I noticed the oil dries up. So I’m thinking of changing to total of the same viscosity can y’ll please recommend
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 11:13am On Jan 26
Itsrm:

No, it was not reducing

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26
lawmanlala:

No, it was not reducing
I guess you're used to driving cars that burns oil.
Change your oil religiously to keep enjoying your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OfficialHommy: 1:08am On Jan 27
Please, does anyone know how much this car currently is - either used or Tokunbo? Honɗa Edix 2005.

I'd also love to know where I can get it.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 5:19am On Jan 27
My personal scanner returns P0341, crankshaft position sensor error, accord 07, car has no thermostat when I got it second hand
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:30am On Jan 27
lawmanlala:
My personal scanner returns P0341, crankshaft position sensor error, accord 07, car has no thermostat when I got it second hand

Is it a v6 or i4?

Check if crankshaft pulse ring is bent or broken or misaligned, check if timing chain is stretched.

Pix of pulse ring below

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27
OfficialHommy:
Please, does anyone know how much this car currently is - either used or Tokunbo? Honɗa Edix 2005.

I'd also love to know where I can get it.

That's Honda FRV check jiji you should find samples there

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27
kingreign:

Is it a v6 or i4?

Check if crankshaft pulse ring is bent or broken or misaligned, check if timing chain is stretched.

Pix of pulse ring below
I4
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27
kingreign:

Is it a v6 or i4?

Pix of pulse ring below
Thank you so much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rapheal5(m): 2:06pm On Jan 27
Pls what's the engine belt number for honda civic 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 5:37am On Jan 28
kingreign:

This is false sir.
Please, if there's a way to tell the original, let us know. Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OfficialHommy: 6:36am On Jan 28
nurey:

That's Honda FRV check jiji you should find samples there
Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Jan 28
Macmilla:

Please, if there's a way to tell the original, let us know. Thanks in advance.

The plastic bottle is made from recycled material, the print is different, also it has a DOT MATRIX print of some numbers on the bottle body.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 2:52am On Jan 29
kingreign:

The plastic bottle is made from recycled material, the print is different, also it has a DOT MATRIX print of some numbers on the bottle body.
Please, if it's not too much stress, can you show us pictures of this things you mentioned. Like "Real vs Fake" Honda ATF.

Cos me I'm not educated enough to know what "dot matrix print of numbers" is.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freeman500: 12:47pm On Jan 29
Macmilla:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QjmHX_Q5r1MhrN7uci5InGCazBeFHQAN/view?usp=drivesdk

If you are not on android, then I can't help you.
How do you connect?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bullfallo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 29
Good day guys.

I noticed my gear now make a sound if you press the gas suddenly from stop after a shif.

Car is automatic and Honda Accord.

Let me explain. If you shift to reverse and press the gas too sudden it will make a loud sound like something that uses force to engage. But if you press the gas gently it will not make that sound. Its the same thing with drive if you shift to drive and press the gas too sudden.

But if you go gently for it to first engage it will not make that sound. And you can press it as you like. It’s only does that if you shift it and go too hard but once it engage no more sound.

Outside this gear run fine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeeWahala: 11:54pm On Jan 29
Bullfallo:
Good day guys.

I noticed my gear now make a sound if you press the gas suddenly from stop after a shif.

Let me explain. If you shift to reverse and press the gas too sudden it will make a loud sound like something that uses force to engage. But if you press the gas gently it will not make that sound. Its the same thing with drive if you shift to drive and press the gas too sudden.

But if you go gently for it to first engage it will not make that sound. And you can press it as you like. It’s only does that if you shift it and go too hard but once it engage no more sound.

So after all these your explanations let me ask you my own question on behalf of the people here

Between 1989 all the way to 2023, what particular year of honda accord are you complaining about? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 9:56am On Jan 31
Bullfallo:
Good day guys.

Check your engine and gear mounts first
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 11:31am On Jan 31
Bullfallo:
Good day guys.

Check all the mounts in the car (engine and transmission) and replace if bad.
Also check your drive shaft and replace anyone with clearance or excessive play.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Cryomancer: 6:25pm On Jan 31
Good evening House.

Please I scanned my vehicle and got these codes in the below picture. Vehicle have been facing a struggling acceleration most times when driving.

any tips will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31
Cryomancer:
Good evening House.

Please I scanned my vehicle and got these codes in the below picture. Vehicle have been facing a struggling acceleration most times when driving.

Thanks
I can see used Torque app to scan the vehicle. You can click on any of the error to take you to YouTube page where solution is well explained. You then meet your mechanic. Something else could trigger the error. Meet a qualified mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31
Cryomancer:
Good evening House.

Thanks
Focus on the knock sensor code
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Cryomancer: 8:11pm On Feb 01
lawmanlala:

I can see used Torque app to scan the vehicle. You can click on any of the error to take you to YouTube page where solution is well explained. You then meet your mechanic. Something else could trigger the error. Meet a qualified mechanic

Thanks, I'll follow the link as suggested.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Cryomancer: 8:12pm On Feb 01
jceesquare:

Focus on the knock sensor code

Thanks Boss, I have parked the vehicle for now to avoid worsening the situation.

Driving it with the faulty knock sensor, can it knock the engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01
Cryomancer:

Thanks Boss, I have parked the vehicle for now to avoid worsening the situation.

Driving it with the faulty knock sensor, can it knock the engine?
No, your car would simply go into limp mode.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Cryomancer: 8:24pm On Feb 01
jceesquare:

No, your car would simply go into limp mode.
This is very true... The thing is already giving signs, I noticed I now floor my acceleration pedal to the ground before I can gain reasonable speed or when I try to overtake a vehicle.

Thanks once again Sir, these info is very helpful, I'll prepare myself to get it fixed once money enters my hand. Country hard abeg, make the car dey inside compound dey chill for now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: beezyblaze(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.