Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

9icetoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9icetoo's Profile / 9icetoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 9icetoo(m): 4:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

Nigeria road safety law has nothing to do with tinted permit and that's how I know don't know jack about the car you drive. Tinted permit laws is in the jurisdiction of the Nigeria police force and they decide if they want to allow it or not. Tinted permit was suspended in March 20, 2022 and it's still suspended till now which means you're not allowed to have it.
Continue talking rubbish in the name of patriotism. No worry, you go tey for road. Na only you go dey beg them with 5k later.
The nigeran police force does not make laws.

They enforce and protect the laws enacted by the national assembly.

For vehicles, the law that controls their use and other details about them including appearance is in the road traffic act.

The road traffic act also stipulates what colours you cannot paint your car, what colour of number plate you will use, where to affix your vehicle license sticker, who to apply to for change of vehicle color.

The NPF does not make laws with regards to vehicles or properties or the likes.

Know this and know peace.

Knowledge is power my good friend. Arm yourself with it and stop encouraging these men in uniform.

I am still waiting for the law that gave the Nigerian police the right to issue and approve tinted permits.

The tinted permits issuance was stopped because it was not supposed to be in the first place.

If any state or local govt modifies it's laws on the road traffic act (as Lagos has done), it may choose to indicate clearly the conditions for obtaining a tint permit. So far, none has done anything about tint. Until they do, the police has no right under the constitution to harass you over tint permit.

If the police takes a driver to court over the tint issues, which section of the Nigerian constitution will it cite as the contravention?

Have you seen the list of offences in the road traffic act and the act that set up the FRSC and their fines?

Is tint or tint permit there?

Your guess is as good as mine

And no worry about me, I use the road regularly, south south to south east, south east to south west and south west to south east na my regular routes and I encounter all manner of policemen.

If a 5 hour delay is your justification for giving and encouraging bribes, then continue but please do not advice others to do same.

You make the roads more stressful for the rest of us by making these policemen feel entitled..

Thanks.

7 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 9icetoo(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

Okay, here is the thing. The law does not allow you to have a tinted glass as long as it's not factory tinted. Even if it is, you only have about 6 months to change the glass to a none tinted glass.
Before now, people get permits to use tinted glass with the excuse that they have eyes problem so permits are only issued to ordinary citizens on that ground but since the new rules says no tinted permit anymore. Even for public figures, police men have decided to use that as a means of extorting Nigerians.
My simple advice to you is this, if you truly want to avoid trouble, forget the look of your car, remove the tint. If you don't want to remove it, then there are ways you can make police your friend. Be nice to them as soon as they stop you, start smiling, even if he's frowning at you, make jokes and smile, ask him why he's not happy. Try to get on his friendly side before he start questioning you. You can never go wrong with being too friendly or nice.

Once he's done checking your papers, prepare some change with you already, give him 1k before he ask anything else. Tell him they are doing a great job.

Do that at every junction they usually are and overtime they will all know you so when they see you next time, they will start joking with you before you even joke with them, they won't check your papers anymore, instead they will go straight to asking if you have something for them.

It has worked for me over the last 8 years cos I have always tinted my cars and I have only gotten permit once.

Mind you, if you're travel through Benin to Lagos, please I'm begging you with the name of God. Take enough money, have like 20k in change of 500. Those people along Benin to Lagos are notorious and they are always angry. Best thing is to give them the money as soon as they are trying to stop you before they ask you to park.

The fact remains, even if you have a tinted permit, they will always find something as long as they want to make trouble so it's best to avoid trouble by being overtly nice that they don't have a choice than to be kind too.
And don't ever say these words when dealing with an angry policeman:

*I know my right (when you're wrong or you're not sure if you're wrong)

*I'm calling my lawyer (when you know your lawyer cannot meet you there immediately)

*Do you know who I am (when you're a nobody, even if you're somebody, they don't care)

*My brother, uncle or whoever is a commissioner (when you know your relative is not even a Sargent)

Hope these helps. Sorry for the long reply, just giving you some experience from my pool of experience.
Can you quote the section of the road traffic act that prohibits tinted glasses?

And please stop encouraging bribes or whatever you call it.

It's people like you who have emboldened these rascals in uniforms on the highway.

Know the law, have your vehicle papers intact, up to date and all information therein correct.

No policeman born of a woman go yarn rubbish if you have all the above.

Let us stop encouraging rubbish and enabling rubbish.

4 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Which Moto Wey Gap You Wey You Never Still Forget? by 9icetoo(m): 9:56am On Aug 26, 2023
kingreign:

Except your car was very sick or a 4 cylinder and fully loaded with people and cargo, that GLA250 can't outpace a 2009 highlander sports V6 from 0-180km/h where it electronic speed limiter kicks in. Yes, the GLA is lighter, by approximately 500kg, but the highlander is more powerful and equally stable on speed (the unit you drove has bad suspension).

In all, I highly advise you drive carefully.

Na people like am dey lay credence to the fallacy that all things "Benz" dey speed well.

E carry sick highlander dey complain say GLA250 pass am. Say vehicle wey weigh pass 2000 kg be like paper for him hand. There are people who have no business going past 70km/hr in any car whatsoever even i a formula 1 car and he is one of them sadly.

The highlander was not built for speed oo maka ndi speed demons out there. But the V6 can keep pace with just about any regular SUV out there and can outpace most sedans with its powerful 2GR engine (the V6 versions)

Drive safe, stay safe.
Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
haykinzz:
So guys I’m using Camry spider 2014, hv been using the car for 2yrs bought it as toks. Whenever I service my car I do use good 5months before I start noticing any shortage in oil though I don’t travel only go to work and come back. Then recently due to some family stuff hv been traveling a lot this is the second time in space of 4 or 5 weeks I will be changing the oil. I first thought it was fake Mobil, I changed to hardex gold in 2 weeks after changing to hardex the oil level has almost gotten to the second line though hv been traveling a lot recently . Mechanic checked and said there was no leakage that it’s the way spider was built, it consumes a lot of oil. Please I need your opinions guys. Thanks
If your car uses or burn a liter of oil every 1600kms or 1000 miles, then you shouldn't worry.

It is fine.
Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
nurey:

Naija never taya me
@gazzuzz, abeg waybill nurey with your tools.

We no want am for naija again.

Thank you.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Driving distance from Lagos to PH is 627km
So how did you arrive at 1400km plus?
Also starting off gives more mileage than when you have taken off and gone far?
You did well in your driving techniques to achieve those mileage.
I am too sure that I won't use 40 litres for that journey. I didn't use up to 16 litres when I drove from Lagos to Warri but is a hybrid. Also note that if Honda City can give this mpg, Honda would not have built Civic hybrid which is below any Toyota prius
So everywhere from pH to lagos is 627kms? cheesy
Whatever rocks your boat man.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2023
amliftedhigher:

This is debatable Sir. I know that Corolla has good mpg more than Civic
I did not say civic.

I said city.

It's a lightweight 1.5l small sedan with cvt.

And I documented my trip here on Nairaland.

The Octavia is a 1.9 turbocharged diesel engine.

Also documented the trip on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925327/trip-ph-lagos-ph
Car Talk / Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Just like you said. The Toyota EPA for highway is 46mpg at 100km to 120km. So I am not doing that knowing that I am not in a haste I always choose my time before travelling. So if you check you will know that the only car who can pass this car is same Prius no other car. Hyundai ioniq hybrid is closer but no ICE can get 35 mpg on highway if you like drive 30km. So at 100km to 120km I am getting 46 to 48mpg. But no need, if I want speed I will drive my LS 460L with over 380HP that takes fuel whether you are idling or crawling or speeding. This Prius C was bought for a purpose and to be Frank, it is over serving the purpose.
My Skoda Octavia diesel gave me 47-48mpg.

My Honda city gave me close to 42mpg.

Your hybrid is good but don't rubbish ice cars just yet.

The famous Volkswagen rabbit regularly gets above 50mpg.
Car Talk / Re: Poor Fuel Economy by 9icetoo(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2023
paix:
Yes, I was thinking I could get like 16km/L. Thanks sir, I appreciate.
even 1.0 liter engine will struggle to get that.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Asari Dokubo’s Flaunting Of Weapons Highlights Inequality Before Nigeria’s Law by 9icetoo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
You don't know for sure if the gun he brandished was registered or not.
Pray, tell me, which security agency registers an RPG and an AK 47.

I am all ears.
Car Talk / Re: Importance Of Cooling Your Engine Before An Oil Change by 9icetoo(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
perfectbuy:
Can you explain a bit more?
You wrote arrant nonsense.

Pure unadulterated tripe.

Undiluted rubbish.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by 9icetoo(m): 6:32am On Jul 07, 2023
Inception:

Actually he is not lying. You can get reasonable deals... But would most likely be accidented. However even with fixing it may still be cheaper by at least 2.5 million.

Last month, a friend got and cleared an accidented 2016 accord via copart . Damage was not bad ( the 2 front and rear right passenger doors replaced), everything cost him 8million including fixing. That same car was priced not less than 10 million at car stands in Lagos
I doubt the 2016 accord costs N10m. Also remember, there are trims.
Your friend maybe was also lucky.
Modified*. I just checked and saw prices ranging from 8.5m to 12m on Jiji. Remember these are asking prices. So in reality, sale price might be around 7.5m to 9m.

So your friend bought at the typical cost of a dealer. No serious savings there. And that is what I always tell people. You might not get to save so much but you will be sure of the history of what you are buying.

Same people who buy accidented cars on their own for their own use turn their noses up at accidented cars on car stands.

They want clean title but don't want to pay for clean title.
cheesy

Buying yourself is sometimes worth it but you have to be patient and be ready to pay above car stand prices sometimes so that you can get what you like.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by 9icetoo(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Am not fond of them VIO people, but what the person did was wrong, and the VIO officer was doing his job.

Also, if the Sienna driver did not have his papers in full, none of this would have happened.

The VIO officer was unjustly attacked, no two ways about it.

As for me, so long as my papers and licence are in order, I gat no issue with VIO.

The VIO officer was not doing his job at the right place.

They have no right to be on the road.
That responsibility lies with the FRSC and the NPF.

Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by 9icetoo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

It's not true.

If you intend to buy a tokunbo car in Nigeria. I'll advise you to buy from USA.

If a 2015 acura mdx is sold 14m in a car stand.

You would spend a total of 10m to get the car from USA to Nigeria including clearing.

wink
Dey play. Just dey play. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2023
jjcena:

In most newer vehicles, If transmission oil is changed when engine is still warm, it messes up the transmission. In your case I don't know the process of oil change. Did you try to find out if there was leakage somewhere that caused the oil level to be low

Really?

cheesy
Autos / Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
kingreign:

You wan start vawulent talk, we go start Vawulence o!
No be everything be fight

I no wan make e be like our erections.

Na level playing ground I dey find. cheesy
Autos / Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
nurey:
Nah the explosive tendency of the CNG/LNG dey fear me.

But this is good, let more people switch yo CNG/LNG so the price of petrol can come down for poor people like me grin

It won't affect the price.

Rest.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Autos / Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Load or idle, gen will run on similar conditions for both fuels .
Hmmmmm

Not entirely true but let's see how it fares first.

Load affects some stuffs oo.

21 Likes 1 Share

Autos / Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
That liter no complete.

You dey use glasses ni?

No do ojoro oo.

8 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Advise Needed About Smoking Toks Engine by 9icetoo(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
vivalavida:

Is this @AutoManual?

Co ask.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
After 11 years?

Wow.
Autos / Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by 9icetoo(m): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
jceesquare:

Coasting downhill on neutral with a manual transmission will not save you fuel but work the other way round and it's equally not safe.
You need that boosted pressure from the engine for your brakes to work well, besides modern cars are designed with a fuel cut off system when coasting in gear.
It's advisable to just leave the car in the appropriate gear when coasting downhill.

I couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Autos / Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by 9icetoo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
TheOldGods:
You must really be a bad mechanic. So because of 600 naira fuel, I should start my car immediately and start driving at full speed without allowing my engine to warm up about, or even telling your clients to drive slow if they happen not to warm up. I pity those who listens to your advice. You're among those bad mechanic that fixed one and destroys 4

you are wasting fuel idling your car.

Start the car, engage drive and move. this is not Alaska.

Your engine will not grenade.

You are wasting fuel idling. Drive gently and within 5 minutes, your car would have warmed up sufficiently for you to rev shege out of it.

3 Likes

Autos / Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 9icetoo(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2023
kingreign:

Baba, any 2.0t or any 2.4 or any Hyundai or Kia engine from 2010 till 2020 na Sakamanje

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw54i8Ke5TM
Will your fabled Toyota engine survive being driven without oil?

Do Toyota engines not burn oil?

Have you condemned Toyota because their engines burn oil?

There is no known engine defect in the 2014 to 20 Hyundai engine setup. Engines burn oil. Owners should check their engine oil after every fill-up.

Period.

3 Likes

Car Talk / Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by 9icetoo(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Never!

I don't know a happy Ford Edge owner in Lagos grin .

Cumrade, open Ford workshop na. cheesy

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2023
georgee:

The scan results then said we should clean the injector something... We bought fuel purifier and poured into the tank.. It didn't work
The scan didn't say that.

Post the codes from the scan.
Autos / Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 9icetoo(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2023
Inception:

Hmm please don't be like this popular brother in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgBxGWbSED0

That car , ( from 2011 to 2020) na scam!

You want con put your hand for the turbo!!!

That engine alone has crossed the 1.5 million naira mark FYI. The engine is simply a disaster from a design standpoint. How Hyundai/Kia manage to pull the stunt of good sales is a mystery.

It is not a matter of if it will fail, it is a matter of WHEN the engine will fail.

My advice, port to any Toyota or Honda accord for peace of mind abeg.

So far, the 2015 and up engines have been known to be more reliable than the GDI in 2011 to 2013 which were known to fail.

consumer complaints for the model year he bought have mostly been about the radio and infotainment system.
Autos / Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 9icetoo(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2023
Coolgent:
Oga Gazzuzz i just brought myself foreign used (almost brand new) Sonata 2016 Sport Limited 2.0T.
Which advise can i get from you?

Thanks

You bought a good car.

Do not use road side oils for servicing or kiss that turbo good bye and say welcome to multitude of other problems.
Use the manufacturer specced oil. No allow kazeem do their normal fan things. It has been overflogged here.

Stick to manufacturers recommended maintenance intervals and you should be good.

Congrats on your new whip.

3 Likes

Autos / Re: That First Service. by 9icetoo(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2023
corisande:
Following
First time car owner. I’m female too🙏
Got a foreign used 2007 camry 4plugs last year august. I have serviced 3 times

I saw the previous service sticker. Mobil 1 was used to service last.

First oil change i did i used mobil xhp 20w50, second oil change mechanic adviced to use Mobil 5w30 semi synthetic. I serviced last week and i used 20w50.
Car is barely driven though. i have done only around 2400km since i got.
My worry is which oil is best to use as I cannot find the recommended oil around me which is 5w20

Use 5w30 if you can't find 5w20.

It will still serve.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by 9icetoo(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2023
Johnpaul1099:
Good day house, i have the option of getting a Toks 2014 Camry Sport and a super clean Nigerian used 2020 Hyundai Sonata with 40k Miles (Was given brand new and has only been driven within Abuja). Please which will you advise i can also optimally maintain both cars
Get the sonata.

Newer car with lower miles.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2023
cellywit:

my engine cover leaks oil around the seal i have used black gum to seal it several times but issues still persist. camry muscle 09 xle.

Secondly the AC keeps cutting like it works and stop at intervals and pick up again.

Happy motoring!!

Replace the valve cover gasket. Gum will not solve the problem. Buy a new gasket and replace the old one.

Check the refrigerant in your system. Low refrigerant can sometimes cause what you are experiencing.

Have an AC technician who uses a gauge to check it though and check if the compressor is failing.
Car Talk / Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2023
ikechialex1:
Can I have a good skoda mechanic in Ph?
Any Volkswagen mechanic who works on modern Volkswagens will do.

Skoda is basically a Volkswagen in a different body.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.