Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,182 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

9icetoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9icetoo's Profile / 9icetoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Come and make a down payment even for a roasted corn.
Car Talk / Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by 9icetoo(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2023
Mozillafire:

Yes, it does require
Use sparingly. Keep rpms low if you can. The effects of low octane pms are felt during harsh acceleration, climbing hills with vehicle loaded etc.
Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9icetoo(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2023
Capitas7:
Hello house.

My 2017 Honda pilot V6 jerks (very lightly and barely noticeably) when accelerating between 35 and 50mph. It also takes time to accelerate from 35-65mph in general. When I turn off the Economy mode, the acceleration is a little smoother, but not completely. I am guessing this is some transmission issue, but have no idea what it really is. This car was recently bought used and the mileage is relatively fair (67k).

I do not know if this is a common issue with Honda because I have always used Toyota and I have never had this kind of issue.

Please advise, and thanks.
Normal issue. Not a death sentence.
Scan for codes. Won't be surprised if there are no codes.
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fuel is expensive. This one na fuel miser cheesy
Car Talk / Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by 9icetoo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Mozillafire:

How about using an octane booster?
What's your car make, model and year?

Or better still, does your car "require" premium fuel?
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Red, LE, low mileage.
Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
quinox947:
No need to argue with you. But what I will tell you using your very same example is that one of those vehicle you mentioned will not make 120 actual km/ht at that same odometer readings.
If it makes 60km/hr and stays there and a Buggati Veyron makes 60km/hr and stays there, will they be travelling at the same speed?

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
quinox947:
Have you taken ypur time to investigate my assertion?
Investigate what exactly?
That 120km/hr in a Volkswagen beetle is different from 120km/hr in a Volkswagen phaeton?

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Can I Get A Good Car For 2M by 9icetoo(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2023
Conner44:

Is it the fact that N2m isn’t enough to buy a good car in Nigeria today OR the fact that bland basic Nigerian fairly used cars are now being priced at such a high amount? undecided
None of the above.

The OP know wetin I dey talk.

It's like a case of soliloquy in the beginning.

Well, make I dey observe.
Politics / Re: Soldiers, Touts Clash In Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
feed70:

Lagos and abegro na 5&6 especially that second rain to apapa road
Exactly. And they are so bold. So bold.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Soldiers, Touts Clash In Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
Insecurity:
Soldiers, touts clash in Lagos

As tanker crushes motorcyclist

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/soldiers-touts-clash-in-lagos
That oshodi apapa eh. Especially from that 2nd rainbow down to apapa.

Na so touts go line up dey collect money wey Dem no get legal backing but government support to collect.

E get one wey Dem dey call fashola levy.
Them get local govt ticket (up to 3 of them, makes me wonder if apapa dey inside 3 local govts). Then there is police, task force, custom, even navy. All on the same road.

These containers and tankers left from one point and got gate passes. Why can't these touts include these bills in the gate pass and allow free movement of cargo?

These things happen in broad day light and the Lagos state government allows it.

And yet they claim someone built Lagos.

Built what exactly?

Nonsense.
Car Talk / Re: My Candid View On Uber/bolt Drivers. by 9icetoo(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
cardoctor:
I use Uber or Bolt cabs almost everyday from home to work and back for one good year now. So far so good, i havent recorded any incident but most of them really don't know how to drive.

What's your experience?
I have used bolt or Uber drivers who know how to drive and I have used some who gave me quite the fright.

The last bolt driver should never be behind the wheels. cheesy. He has no comprehension of space.

He doesn't yield to traffic on his left.

He merged lanes without adequate clearance between his vehicle and the vehicle he overtook.

He couldn't reverse out of the block of flats he took me to.

Some are bad, some are good. Fortunately I've encountered more of the good drivers than the bad ones.

Generally, most people in Nigeria do know how to drive but drive the way they do because they can get away with it.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Can I Get A Good Car For 2M by 9icetoo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hmmmmm. Something isn't right with this thread.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2023
Available
Car Talk / Re: The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes by 9icetoo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
1st, scan the transmission.

2nd, Drain oil, change transmission filter, refill oil.

Do this in a neat environment. If any dirt enters that transmission, then that's the end.

If the issue persists, then it's time to save up for a new transmission..

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
ariesbull:
okay when they start winning F1 races and Le Man's grand tour then I can take those things serious

As of now...VW, BMW, BENZ etc is the right

The bolded was you. You mentioned Le mans.

However you added grand tour.

How you came about that is also confusing to me.

And I am not even a claimed car enthusiast.

It is what it is though.
Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
ariesbull:

F1 & Grand Prix

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans
Read up on Le mans.

Thank you.
Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
ariesbull:

F1 & Grand Prix
You mentioned Le mans specifically oga.

Or should I remind you again?

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
ariesbull:
okay when they start winning F1 races and Le Man's grand tour then I can take those things serious

As of now...VW, BMW, BENZ etc is the right
They've actually been winning Le mans.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/toyota-wins-24-hours-le-mans-fifth-year-row%23:~:text%3DToyota%2520has%2520taken%2520the%2520chequered,of%2520Circuit%2520de%2520La%2520Sarthe.&ved=2ahUKEwjg9tbkh6z8AhU0gP0HHSaaAzQQFnoECAkQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2myFA3unjsT29yvpb-OM5X

A lot of bullshit is said about the brand but hey, who an I to preach to the trolls?
Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
wamide042:
Based on my own brand of car, Lexus GS 350, the speedometer is in miles, i.e when I’m driving at 100, cars on Kilometers will be around 120 or so, but I usually do 120 which also amounts to 140KM on other vehicles.
1 mile is 1.62 kilometers.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
CzarChris:
I was traveling from Benin to Port Harcourt back in 2010. I was able to catch the last bus out from Benin that day. I was in the back seat. So I don't know what that speedometer was reading, but all I know was that a journey of 2hrs 45mins thereabout was shortened to barely 55mins. Everybody in that bus was too stunted to utter a word throughout the journey when we got to waterlines park in ph one of the women in the bus just sat on the ground crying profusely. Some drivers are real daredevils. Godforbid!!! I avoid that particular transport line like a plague till this day.
Benin to port harcourt has never been 2hr 45minutes.

Keep up the fabu though. It was interesting.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
quinox947:
Na Nigeria roads una dey do all these 160km/h? I have learnt speedometer readings are nor uniform. 120km/h can be 100km in some turbo machines.
Go school, una no gree. embarassed

5 Likes

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
SeaTrade:
Which bus be that weh dey do 200kph bros?
I don dey look una since dey talk this thing say make I keep quiet but na fat lie!
A full loaded Hiace with same engine as a hilux carrying up to 15 people and luggage will struggle to reach 150kph,let alone 200 SMH...
I just dey observe the thing since. grin

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
madapcmod:

The day I was on 120KM/hr and my ABS failed on sharp bend, only to see myself inside bush with leg fully depressed on brake, swerving through elephant grasses, was the day I vowed not to cross 100KM/hr. If I had followed the sharp bend at that speed na tumbling

Once I'm on wheel, what's at the back of my mind is my family, tyre burst or brake failure. These cautions my instinct to slow down, even if a driver tempt my with road rage, I just ignore.
I wanted to say something but I won't.
However, don't blame your ABS.

1 Like

Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 7:38am On Jan 03, 2023
Tomato red.
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2022
Roasted corn
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
Low mileage. Young at heart.
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2022
103k original miles.
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2022
D
Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dez10:
Dear @Gazzuzz & other car enthusiasts. I drive a Toyota Matrix 2006. Got it as a Nigeria used 2yrs ago. The previous owner was using mobile 20w50 for servicing which I used just once b4 prices of oil skyrocketed. I then switched to seahorse 20w50 routinely changed after every 2000miles.

I went to service again yesterday & I saw a guy servicing his Toyota Corolla 06 with total quartz 7000 10w40 & he said his car has been fine with it over d years.

I am currently having a second thought of switching permanently to that total quartz 7000 10w40 & extend servicing time to about 4000miles. Though price is around 16k.

Will there be any harm to my engine doing this?
Quartz 7000 is fine. Buy from total filling station.

You can service at 4000 miles.

But monitor for sludge buildup.
If you sense any sludge buildup, drop to 3k miles change interval.

1 Like

Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2022
Super highway.
Autos / Re: S O L D. 2013 Toyota Corolla LE N5.4m. Low Mileage. by 9icetoo(m): 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari, Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.