Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,814 members, 7,841,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

9inches's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9inches's Profile / 9inches's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 105 pages)

Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2019
Karleb:

No! I've read, listened and seen a lot of things people consider as "the truth" and trust me what you have to offer is just another repackaged "the truth" package. So my answer again is NO!

The truth is, there is no truth.

This is laughable. You just made a self-defeating (self-refuting) statement. Is the highlighted statement a mistake? You can honestly take it back no problem, because you are clearly making a truth claim while trying to say truth doesn't exist.
Religion / Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 7:04am On Apr 03, 2019
brocab:
That is right' those who believe, so the baptism of babies couldn't be counted as true Catholics-just as you said: those who believe, so psychically and mentally, people are lost until the people decide to believe--so this proves the numbers of people in Churches stay empty until such time..
It's hard to understand what you are trying to say. Can you rephrase so I can understand you?
Religion / Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 7:00am On Apr 03, 2019
brocab:
Well I hope this may help you open your eye's to common sense-it's the way the Lord said: it will happen-Churches are empty-meaning people aren't taught to know the truth--if we had 50 people who claim to be religious-2 out of 50 may believe God, while the 48 left haven't the slightest idea if God exist..
There are people hungry for the Word of God-while the rest of the world can't be bothered-and what does the Church do 'Nothing" people are losing faith, instead of proper instruction in which believers are fed with the solid meat of the Word, with emphasis on biblical doctrine and proper exposition of key biblical themes and teachings, all we seem to get in so many churches today are topical sermons, with pep talks with one or two verses thrown in along the way.
Sunday morning sermons tend to be feel-good, how-to chats, emphasising how the Christian can be successful, happy, confident, and have a good time.
{2 Timothy 3-5} Men are lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy..
A major reason why Christians today are so biblically illiterate, have little or no understanding of basic biblical doctrine, and are so easily swept off their feet into error 'is because of this basic lack of Christian instruction from the Church..
These day's the preachers promise people their ‘best life now’ and give them motivational speeches, upbeat homilies, and the like, the systematic instruction and teaching of the Word of God, its core doctrinal truths, and basic Christian doctrines are almost never heard any more in so many churches today.
Open your eye's it's common sense-it's the way the Lord said: it will happen-why the Church is empty..

The Word of God tells us this will happen-so this is what it means

You know the meaning of statistics, don't you?
Politics / Re: Bayo Omoboriowo Shows Off His Family - Wife And Daughter (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
Realdeals:

Na Buhari integrity be dat
E dirty no be small.
Romance / Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by 9inches(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
He's got to put in some real work to get you back. Being remorseful only tells me he still values you at least, but the amount of effort (and time) he puts going forward should tell you how seriously he wants you to remain in his life. But first, you need your space... hang with family and friends and give him some space.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Bayo Omoboriowo Shows Off His Family - Wife And Daughter (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
ticoticotico:

Ur English is dirty
Evil grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Bayo Omoboriowo Shows Off His Family - Wife And Daughter (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
See wetin he wear for leg. What are those!

7 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
joseph1013:
UNDERSTANDING THE CHRISTIAN DEBATER

On Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc), I have observed that Christian debaters have a language of their own. Here is an explanation of some of their popular idioms.

“Your mind is closed. You don’t want to know the truth”
Really means: You understand this better than me, I need to read Answers In Genesis again.

“[Say nothing] ” then click the Block button (or the Delete button to delete a post or a thread)
Really means: Phew, I don’t think my friends have enough faith to see stuff like this.

“Jesus loves you” or “Amen...Thank you.”
Really means: I have no clue how to answer that point.

"I'll pray for you."
Really means: If you won't believe me, I'll report you to God.

“But what about .....?”
Really means: OK, I lost the last point so I'll try a different one.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
Really means: Hahaha, you can't get out of this one!

“You have faith every time you sit on a chair”
Really means: Faith may be stupid but you use faith too so we're both stupid!

"You're going to hell!"
Really means: Hell scares the sh*t out of me so it should scare you too.

“The wisdom of men is foolishness to things of the spirit.”
Really means: The evidence does support your view but I just CANNOT believe I'm wrong.

“One day Jesus will open your heart so you can see the truth”
Really means: I hope someday you will get to be as crazy as I am.

Are all Christians the same in your view?
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
Karleb:
I could remember when I read basically everything on this thread. These days I just want to be a low key unbeliever.

If I can't die for what I believe then I definitely can not die for what I "unbelieve".

That mean no arguments, but when my christian brethren start with their illogical talks, I just slowly disengage them most time.

I mean, many still believe you need to pray to pass.

You still believe there is truth out there even though you aren't sure what it is, don't you? The truth that explains the realities you and I experience in this complex universe. The truth that makes logical sense when you assimilate to it. The truth that puts every darn thing in clear cut perspective....

If there is such truth out there, would you not want to know it?
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
Omooba224:
Sorry bros! you are the gullible here. How on earth would you believe something (the supposed creator of the universe for crying out loud) without proof? Before spewing trash, make sure you are loaded with enough evidence. .
Does a lack of evidence of something diminish that something? Have you thought deeply where the world that you know and barely understand emanated from?
Religion / Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
brocab:
Not really, the Catholic Church isn't growing-baby baptism is a matter of speech-people claiming to be Catholic and never able to understand the truth about Catholic faith.
So spirituality it isn't growing-psychically the Catholic Churches are empty, people coming and going-out of 50 people who claim to be Catholic, one or two at the most may know a little about it's practices...
While the rest of the 48 people who claim to be Catholic haven't the slightest idea-which end is up!!
Could you show where you got these statistics?
Religion / Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
brocab:
So the problem we have with many Churches across the globe, they don't focus on the people that personally know God-they only focus on the numbers of people that had been baptised into that religion!
When asked-most people will say they were baptised into a religion-but if I was to ask about their religion-2 from 50 may know something about their beliefs--while the others live their lives like they haven't the slightest idea who God is-but still they are taught by the Church they are saved going to heaven when they die.
Many Churches these days play into a worlds system-every person is classed as a number-the Catholic Church claims to be the longest Church standing, and yet most of it's members, haven't the slightest idea if God really exist..
So if we were to count the numbers of the believers in every Church-then I suppose Jesus is right when He said:
{Matthew 22:14} Many are called but few are chosen ...
The church is a congregation of those who believe, with the mandate to teach and convert those who are yet to believe.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
joseph1013:
Charles Uzor wrote:

If it's beautiful verse, like: "blessed are the kind and generous",

then God inspired it, and it must be interpreted literally;

... if it's unsettling verse, like: "slaves, obey your earthly masters, even those who are cruel",

then we must invoke classic theology and anthropology, taking into account the culture of a dark period in history.

And yet the book is inerrant.
Blame it on cognitive dissonance.

Collection of books! We say "books of the bible." The Bible contents span more than a thousand years in their composition. It is a very complex piece of work. There are many literary styles contained in the bible. Something you could easily search for yourself, smarty.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
Omooba224:
Cherry Picking at its peak. They will even go as far as saying'Christianity doesn't follow the OT'. They leave themselves with some mental gymnastics. It sounds preposterous.
Christians follow Christ. How's that hard for you to understand?

1 Like

Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2019
joseph1013:
WHO ARE THEY KIDDING?

Ask a god-believer why they believe in their god and there's a good chance they will start explaining how the universe could not create itself, so there must be a creator.

BULLS...IT!! This is horribly dishonest. Let's imagine how a believer might pray if it were true.

"Hello creator. I don't know if you can hear me or if you want to hear me but I'm reaching out to you. You might know I exist or you might not. Or you might not care anyway. You might be able to communicate with me or you might not or you might not want to. I don't know.

I don't know if you are male or female or both or neither. I don't know if you are huge, small, subatomic or look like an octopus. I don't know if you are a lone creator or whether you were a member of a team of dozens or billions of creators.

I don't know if you are wise or stupid, loving or hateful, kind or wicked or maybe you are none of these things. Or perhaps these ideas are utterly incomprehensible to you.

I don't know if you care how I live or what I wear or how I cut my hair or what I should do with my prepuce. And if you do care, I don't know what you would like.

I don't know if you are alive or dead or if you have moved on to other universes and lost interest in us. I don't know where you came from or even if you were ever alive. Perhaps you never were. Perhaps, you were no more than a glitch in quantum time that made all hell break lose.

The truth is, I don't know anything about you at all. But I would like to. Honestly I would. And that's why I'm praying to you today."

But this is not how god believers pray. They pray to specific gods, with specific prophets and specific holy scriptures with specific rules and rituals.

They do not pray to whatever being/force/entity/process might have created the universe. That is just the excuse they give to salvage some dignity, when none is deserved.
You're mostly right. This is because we know who God is. Your prayer is that of a skeptic; serious Christians don't pray that way. I'm not in doubt of who I pray to. I know him and he knows me. It's like a perfect father and son relationship.
Not every believer can logically explain the object of his /her belief, but that does not make such belief false. Rather, it means such a believer is unable to articulate his/her belief. In other words, if you are a trustworthy person, it's almost irrelevant if I trust you blindly or I'm capable of explaining away your trustworthiness. What matters is that I get the benefit that comes from trusting you.

There's limit to what I could be able to know about you unless I am in a sort of a relationship with you. The deeper the relationship, the better understanding I obtain of you.

PS: Your prayer is beautiful at this stage of your conviction. Keep musing in that direction and you will surely find the ultimate TRUTH itself, GOOD itself, JUSTICE itself - God.

1 Like 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: The Muller's Report, Trump Haters Are Dying Slowly by 9inches(m): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2019
Lucasbalo, abbeybailey et al will commit suicide.

3 Likes

Education / Hollywood Actresses, CEOs, Coaches Charged In Largest University Admissions Scam by 9inches(m): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
Federal prosecutors in Boston on Tuesday charged 50 people, including actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, in the largest college admissions cheating scam ever prosecuted in the United States.

Authorities say the operation, dubbed Varsity Blues, uncovered 33 parents described by US Attorney Andrew Lelling as a "catalog of wealth and privilege" who collectively paid $25 million to a college admissions counselor named William Singer, who pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate in an investigation into what Lelling called the "widening corruption of elite college admissions."

In exchange for the money, Singer allegedly bribed college officials, coaches and college entrance exam administrators, who then helped students secure admissions "not on their merits but through fraud," Lelling said.

Singer pleaded guilty in Boston to racketeering conspiracy and obstruction of justice.

Officials say 13 people were arrested by the FBI in Los Angeles and that 38 of the 50 defendants charged are under arrest and in custody. Seven are working towards surrender, while one in Hawaii is actively being pursued. Huffman was arrested at her home, while Loughlin is in Canada and is not yet in custody. Authorities have been in contact with her, and she is reportedly aware there is a warrant for her arrest upon her return to the U.S.

In some cases, authorities say Singer arranged for a student to take the SAT individually with a proctor he had bribed in Texas or California. In other cases, Singer allegedly bribed coaches to establish fake credentials designating students as recruited athletes even when those students did not play the sport in question.

In one instance highlighted by federal prosecutors, it is alleged that the head women's soccer coach at Yale was paid $400,000 to accept a student even though the applicant did not play soccer. The parents of that student had allegedly paid Singer $1.2 million.

The coaches worked at such schools as Stanford, Georgetown, Wake Forest, the University of Southern California and University of California, Los Angeles. The former Yale coach pleaded guilty and helped build the case against others.

"Today's arrest should be a warning to others," the FBI's Joseph Bonavolonta said. "You can't pay to play. You can't cheat to get ahead, because you will get caught."

Read the rest here: https://abc11.com/actresses-ceos-charged-in-alleged-college-admissions-scam/5186103/
Celebrities / Re: Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report by 9inches(m): 12:37am On Feb 23, 2019
Abbeybailey:
At least I am not living on N30.000 monthly salary like some hood rat.
But we can't confirm that, can we? Might be true, might be lie... who knows!
Celebrities / Re: Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report by 9inches(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
Abbeybailey:
I don't need your like to confirm anything from me. I am where you will never attain if you live another 80 years on Earth.
Whether you "need" or not is irrelevant. Tell us where you have attained but provide some proof because you have shown yourself to be a lying chest-beating rearhole.
Celebrities / Re: Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report by 9inches(m): 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
Abbeybailey:
Definitely not. The money given to the brothers is a pittance to me. Been blessed by the Good man above to carry water for any human.
Alright. Just checking, although we cannot confirm your claim.
Celebrities / Re: Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report by 9inches(m): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
Is Abbeybailey or Lucasbalo one of the brothers?
Celebrities / Re: Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report by 9inches(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Uglymugg:

This is the best time to be a person of color in America. Whites are being hunted into extinction grin
grin
Romance / Re: What Is The Use Of A Big D**k? by 9inches(m): 6:18am On Feb 18, 2019
LONGPREEK:

9inches. Please send them here
angry

1 Like

Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:

Is this about ur opening post or the videos? The videos didn't answer any of my questions which was a response to ur opening post
It is about your attack on the individuals in the videos. The videos weren't meant to be direct answers to your questions. As you should have realized (if you paid enough attention), I was trying to answer your questions at the fundamentals, hence my framing them in form of numbered questions. Honestly, I modified that post to include the videos for two reasons:

1. To gauge your level of engagement in this type of discussion, moreso your level of assimilation of philosophical and abstract truths, and

2. to start you off with the idea of God - @1:40 mins in 1st video and @5:44 in 2nd video.
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:

These are ur statements below..I am quoting u

"Can I prove with an absolute certainty that God exists? I can make the case that overwhelming evidence suggests that he does. But no I can’t prove that He exists with absolute certainty. That’s likely part of His plan. God deliberately doesn't give us absolute proof so that we're free to choose or not to choose to believe in Him."

@ bold, how then again are u trying to prove to me that God exists.

If u accept that God didn't create only Christians, then he should make everyone aware of his existence, he should be a good father to all, not only Christians
I wasn't trying to prove anything; I was pointing you towards evidences of the existence of God.

@bolded, you mean like forcing people who don't want to believe to believe? If that is what you mean, then no, he would not do that because he wants us to have the freedom of choice.
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:

I saw ur opening statement of this thread that was opened over a year ago and to my time to respond to every point... And the next thing u did was post some meaningless videos of some men talk absolute nonsense, what do u want me to do with them?

The best u could have done is respond to my post accordingly. Don't insult my intelligence with those videos
What specifically would you quote from the video that is meaningless and do you know who they are before attacking their characters?

What do you want me to do with your close-mindedness and wild claim of "intelligence" when you conveniently dismiss argument of actual intelligent people as meaningless without refuting anything in their argument? You OBVIOUSLY are unable to think critically and it's blatantly telling. Such arrogance won't get you anywhere.
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:

U said u cannot prove with certainty he exists, what else are u trying to prove to people like me

Besides if its the reality of Christians, I wanna ask, did God create only Christians?
I'm trying to make you realize the evidence of God's existence which you are seemingly trying to ignore.

No, God didn't create only Christians.
Family / Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by 9inches(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2019
realtalk19:

5 ft 9inches
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:
Ur videos a meaningless ranting from men who obviously know nothing. They are just doing guess work there and non of them answers the questions about life.

Now break my post down and give me direct answers. U cannot ask me to pray to a God u claim u cannot prove he exists.
Such a convenient cavalier dismissal of an opposing argument and hurling ad hominem rather than trying to refute the logic or premise of my
argument. This is why it would be foolhardy to continue arguing with you in this manner. You simply cannot have argument that way.

It would have actually been easy for me to quote your post and reply you with "your argument is meaningless ranting, you obviously know nothing..." and see how the discussion goes.
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
frank317:

Like a father, known by all his children, loving and caring, present in their life because he created them. Not hiding and making u unable to prove he exist and expecting u to worship him by faith knowing u cannot prove he exists.
@bolded, Right on point! And that's the reality of every professing christian. God is actually not the one hiding, rather, it's human beings like you that shy away from knowing him... And that's different from trying to prove to people like you, with absolute certainty, that God is a reality.

"When you're seeking God, the most important to realize is you've already been found by God."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2rLgrBtTI
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2019
frank317:

And u are not worried that such common things that are part of common humans are stopping ur God from being a God that he should be?

Anyways I have responded to ur OP. Hope u have been settled
"Should be"... How "should" God be?
Religion / Re: Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God by 9inches(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
frank317:

How does knowing u didn't evolve change anything? What's the advantage of knowing we didn't evolve?
What's beautiful about the world to a woman who lost her husband and son the same day in a ghastly moto accident?

How does the existence of God ensure a happy ending? Does it eliminate the existence of eternal torment in fire? Even the bible said good men who don't know God will born in hell. So how does the existence of God even ensure a happy ending to a poor boy in India who believes cow is his God?

If evil eventually makes sense because of Gods existence, does that reduce the effect of evil? How does God allowing evil for a reason help poor humans who are experiencing pain because of evil?
God reconciling evil at the end does not really change the effect of evil at the moment.

So? The idea of God keeps getting useless with ur points? If there is God will it stop people from making their moral rules? Are people not making up there moral rules now?

U seem to have a disconnect with what humans feel and the existence of God. U seem to be saying that there is no difference with the existence of God and the nonexistence of God. If Love is the nature of an eternal reality What difference does it make compared to when love is just a fleeting feeling?

So true, if God exist, he would have been accessible to us.

If God exist, we will all know if there is a reality after space and time, better still we will be clear on what this reality looks like.

U genuinely accept u cannot prove that God exist with absolute certainty, but then go ahead to know that's his plan that u shouldn't know. How in the world did u know the plan of a God u cannot prove with certainty exists.

Honestly? I wish there was a God who created the world, I trust the world would have been a much better place.

So ur advise is that I should choose to live as if there is a God? Should I also choose to live as if there is superman? Are we playing childish wishy wishy games here or facing reality on ground?

Is this what ur Christian world is all about? Living a wish?

Pray to who? A God u accepted u cannot prove with certainty exist? Is this some form of mental disorder or something?
Hi, your concern boils down to these questions:

1. What is the purpose and meaning of life or is life meaningless?

2. Why is there suffering/evil?

3. Is morality objective/absolute?

4. Is faith rational or irrational?

I will also add,

5. Where does our desire for the "good" (happiness, justice, love, truth, compassion, tolerance, etc) come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYdGiJpyXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=carFbpDsRPI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 105 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.