Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

9inches's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9inches's Profile / 9inches's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 105 pages)

Health / Re: Photographer Commits Suicide After Leaving A Note In Abuja (Photos) by 9inches(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
kingthreat:
You were a loser, you were a quitter. You had hands and legs and were not imprisoned but still went on to quit the ultimate battle of life. You messed up and disappointed your loved ones.
For the record, I was once suicidal. But thank God, I chose to live, I chose to fight, I chose to win.

It's striking that he admitted to having lost connection to God.
Family / Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by 9inches(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

Mind you, from day one I have been dating my wife, this girl has been on my neck, telling me how she will come stay with me in Lagos if I get married to her sister. That would be my greatest undoing as I grudgingly obliged after many persuasion from her Mother as well. After my marriage, she came over to Lagos to join us.

Now, she is very useless to me. She will go to school from 7am to 5pm. After coming back from school, she will take another excuse to go for evening church and come back by 8pm. No help in doing house chores. COOKING, she no sabi.. My turn off about her now is that she can eat for Africa. The little provision I manage stock at home don't go anywhere now.

The last straw that break the camel back is that she always steals my babies food, like milk, biscuits etc.

My wife is in dicey situation because she once lived with the girl's mother for like 15 years back then, and such can't just pursue her away like plague.

Right now I am fighting the urge and anger to mess her up. I have advised her on numerous occasions but it seems she can not learn easily except with hard handling. Everything bad about human traits, she has it; Lies, false swearing and the likes.

Mature minded people in the house, if you are in my shoes, what would you do?

Calmly talk to her with your wife. Tell her your predicament and then ask her what she thinks of it. Let her think up solutions on her own; you can suggest ideas to her if you notice that she's trying to think but struggling to come up with something. You could say, "What do you think of this idea? You think it's something that can be done."
Religion / Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by 9inches(m): 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:

Tell us what it is and sho proof.

A miracle is an event that occurs in nature but has a cause lying outside nature, that is, a supernatural cause. An example is the creation of the natural/physical world or the universe.
Culture / Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by 9inches(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Where in US do you live?
Culture / Re: My Cousin see me as an inferior because of my gender by 9inches(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
You have to call him out on his behavior asap. You've wasted enough time already but you can calmly tell him to respect himself whenever he tries to cause you headache. He should understand that you are being courteous with him simply because he's your guest and that there will be problems if he doesn't respect himself (and by this I mean he should respect you and not treat you like you're his maid or in anyway inferior). You have to respect him well but don't give in to his controlling antics. Stand for yourself before he wrecks havoc to your self esteem.
Politics / Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
BigSarah:
Yeah I didn't like that part of The Interview..
TMI(Too much Information) Peter Obi, Peter Truly Cares about his Image, you can't stain the stainless..

That's the reason why Prof Charles soludo, should be elected Governor, these are people who have something to protect...Soludo will live to go above the standard of Peter Obi and Willie Obiano..
Andy UBA is known rogue that doesn't care, he has nothing to protect or offer really...

Gbam!
Religion / Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by 9inches(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
dre11:
P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the children supported their mother’s decision and asked their father to leave their mom as she was no longer his wife according to her new faith.
@bolded is not accurate. According to her new faith, she was never married to the father of her 5 children. They were cohabiting and committing adultery since in the eyes of the Church they are not married.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by 9inches(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:
Can someone help me understand this thing I have observed about Christians and the Christian God: Why is it that it's the healthy who apparently have no need for miracles that give testimonies of miracles, while those who are actually sick and in real need of the miracles don't get them? Those amputees in Igbobi are desperately yearning and praying for miracles but don't get them. Is that how the Christian God operate? Abandon those in need and have the apparently healthy manufacture miraculous stories!

The people you listen to do not know what a miracle is.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by 9inches(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Between we and them who is learning from who? This is not a laughing matter o. Chai!
Religion / Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by 9inches(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Smoking is not a sin unless you get intoxicated. Any behavior that predisposes you to sin or to lose your rational ability to resist sinful urges is sinful.
Religion / Re: Warning: Don't Take The Covid-19 Vaxx (death Jab) by 9inches(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2021
Testing testing

Foreign Affairs / Re: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Killed Himself With Suicide Vest - President Trump Confirms by 9inches(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
midnighter:

I agree he had his bad points but I prefer his leadership. A lot of the economic improvement in the US that they are seeing today was facilitated by him even though Trump is now taking credit for it. Plus a lot of his reforms were blocked unfairly

He wasnt the reason Trump was elected. Hilary Clinton messed up her campaign and alienated too many voter groups which helped Trump to edge her out

Obama was a failure as president. He showed extreme disdain for basic human rights like the first and second amendments. Obama performed poorly economically. Under Trump, typical worker’s pay is finally growing more than 3% a year, a level not seen since before the great recession. Consumer and business confidence surged after Trump’s election and has remained high. Manufacturing output and jobs also jumped last year after Trump's tax cut. Not forgetting the continuous drop in the number of Americans on food stamps. Obama is a decent guy, as decent goes... he exacerbated the racial divisions in the country.

Most Nigerians are naturally (and superficially) right-leaning so they get caught up in issues like homosexuality, sexualised media, abortion etc instead of looking at the real issue which is the right to live a life without harassment. Racism and bullying in American schools have skyrocketed because the children are looking up to this vile, obnoxious man as a role model
You seem to have the preconceived notion that most Nigerians (or right wingers) are interested in liberty. If you go down into the details, you'll discover it's the left that's intolerant, unloving and straight-up abusive of people they disagree with. The left hide under the cloak of [false] compassion while sanctimoniously projecting their hate and bigotry onto those on the right... because there's no standard moral reference on the left. Morality is a social construct according to the left. That's why to them, killing innocent babies in the womb is okay while affirming two genders is not.

Trump, with his flaws, is just the right leader the world needs at this time. He's a miracle, believe it or not.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Killed Himself With Suicide Vest - President Trump Confirms by 9inches(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

The "your" refers to the USA in general and not Trump. He said "we" when referring to "all we have done in Iraq" as regards his precious oil contracts

So he had to start going off point at that very moment In the middle of a press conference about Iraqi terrorism which his country facilitated? Terrible

Obamas tenure was great! I wish he could come back. The rest of which world?!

Obama's tenure was anything but great. He moved the country backwards. He made ISIS possible. His bad records was the reason Trump got elected. He pushed leftist dangerous ideology to silence and shut out his opposition.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Killed Himself With Suicide Vest - President Trump Confirms by 9inches(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
midnighter:
Lol and Trump gave a very ridiculous speech! That guy is terrible sha! Cant wait till his term is finished and America will get back to normal

Imagine announcing the death of a notorious Islamist leader and going off point to complain that the US gets a "bad deal" on Iraqi oil contracts, when its your fault that the terrorist was there in the first place

That man is just awful

ISIS was Obama's making, not Trump. Obama's tenure was anything but normal. The US and the rest of the world that love freedom want Trump reelected.

6 Likes

Religion / Re: Rev. Obofour Makes A Man To Smoke Weed In Church (video) by 9inches(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Fake MOG's

Sports / Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by 9inches(m): 1:49am On Aug 30, 2019
Who be Van Dijk bikokwanu?
Crime / Re: Photos Of Father David Tanko Killed And Burnt By Armed Bandits In Taraba by 9inches(m): 1:37am On Aug 30, 2019
May his soul rest in peace.
Romance / Re: SA Plus-Size Lady Causes A Stir On Twitter As She Proudly Flaunts Her Body (Pix) by 9inches(m): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Fuqman:
All these small small di*ck self. Get 9inches length u know want.
undecided
Religion / Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by 9inches(m): 4:18am On Jun 05, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
NB: this is for Ubenedictus and 9inches. An angel could not save a soul even though soul winning is the core of the great commission. He had to instruct the man to send for Peter .. he didn't try to do the works of human being and your church believe that a being that can't save can intercede for other issues of life ... Crazy bunch of lunatics.
Intercession is not salvation. When you pray for your brethren, you're not saving him because you're not God. I would like you to be quoting directly from catholic materials/sources/texts when you say what catholics believe or teach.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 3:58am On Jun 05, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Scriptural relativism blah blah.... I ask you and Ube to open the scripture and point to the verse.... Nothing even now... Just trying to sell your idea of what ought to be... Because your church follows a ritual to declare somebody a saint doesn't mean they are correct.

Saint means a believer in God through Christ. You need not call somebody in heaven a saint for if he is not he won't be there... Saint is a distinguishing title for Gods people here on the earth.

It is not even so serious a title. It wasn't even used for any of the apostles in the scripture. If you know the meaning of relativism as you have used it you would have discovered that the title is actually for the general body of upcoming believers...thise still maturing in the faith and not the elders.....pray for the saints at..... The saints.... The needs of the saints....all these statement were directed at those under authority of the apostles and not the apostles

Scriptural relativism is what you and other protestants are doing. It's borne out of lack of knowledge of the bible, and also due to egotism.
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
I have exercised more than enough patience with you and the other guy but it comes to a state where I am beginning to wonder how you reason: you opened psalm 148 and declared that it indicate that angles are praying with us or for us and I copied the entire chapter and ask you to point out where you saw that then you went to revelation and declared same... I am not a fan of deliberate idiocy and shortsighted understanding of the scripture

Every single scripture you And your alter-ego has brought forward I have had to explain to you two. Doesn't that tell you something?

As for time, I have surplus of it if it is about the word of God.

I will copy the link to this thread to other threads sometime and let others with better understanding and grasp of the scriptures join the discourse

So you're still arguing if saints on earth retain their sainthood in heaven... Scriptural relativism is your problem, my friend. You clearly have no one to teach you the Word of God correctly. You're here trying to bismirch the church of the Apostles - the body of Christ. Good luck with that.
Religion / Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 7:00am On May 27, 2019
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
’ After the Apostles’ that says it all. After the Apostles they now believed differently and preached another gospel outside of the scriptures. I won't follow the ’after the apostles’ crowd.

Is the King James Version saying something different from the New Jerusalem Bible, did the version add any thing to what is in your church Bible?

Your strong point is in history and the problem with history is that everybody has a version of it but Bible has no version.. It is the message in different languages.

You have been angling for history but I won't give you that pleasure...stick with the Bible
Someone is scared of the truth he might discover from studying the history of his bible. grin
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Mr. Go through the entire scripture and fish out a cross reference of your claim that the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth hence at liberty to introduce any doctrine of their choice.

The church cannot be the pillar....the support....it cannot be the foundation of the truth ..It cannot be the ground . God said his word will he not allow to fall not your word or opinion of his word

Jesus say in John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (AV, John 14:6).... Jesus is the way, he is the truth and he is the life and no crazy saints gets access to the father, no Mary gets access to the father....only Jesus is the way to the father

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (AV, Isaiah 55:11)

When I started ’anyone truth’ I meant it to mean any truth.. I have repeated it here that God is the truth and your argument has been that the church is the truth...... I have stated that the truth is not in any one man that's it the Holy Spirit that reveals the truth from the word not outside the word. .... No man is infallible.

There is no entitlement in title... It is walk not church title or name that guarantees access to the deep things of God so stop being childish and defend your position with personal conviction.... Stop posting links of other ps opinion... If you want me to engage them bring those persons here to come and defend their opinion

you come across as someone with memory challenge. You tend to forget your position on an issue too easily.
This is so good, I have you attacking the Word of God. I hope every member of your church sees this, including your pastor.

The Lord purchased the church "with his own blood" (Acts 20:28).
Christ is "the head of the body, the church" (Colossians 1:18).
"And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all" (Ephesians 1:22-23).
Stop hardening your heart to the Word of God, the traditions of the Apostles and the early Christians. Abandon your Martin Luther's tradition. “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion" (Hebrews 3:15).

9inches:

Who are the Church
We the Gentiles who are now fellow citizens with the holy ones (Israelites, God's special people [Deut 7:6, Deut 14:2, Rom 9:4])
and members of the household of God (angels [Hebrews 12:22-23])
are the different members of the Body of Christ - the Church [Col 1:24, 1 Cor 12:27-28, Rom 12:4-5];
the Apostles and the prophets are the foundation (Rev 21:14);
Christ is the Head, or Cornerstone (or foundation stone or keystone) [Isaiah 28:16].

Key Points
(Ephesians 23-32) The church is Christ's bride.
(Ephesians 4:15) "Rather, living the truth in love, we should grow in every way into him who is the head (of the church), Christ, from whom the whole body (the church), joined and held together by every supporting ligament (different gifts and functions), with the proper functioning of each part, brings about the body’s (church's) growth and builds itself up in love.

Just so you understand it easier, the church already existed and have been teaching by oral tradition before the New Testament was written, not the other way round. The church through the apostles produced the NT scripture as part of her role in evangelization. The protestant mantra is to take the product of the church (NT) while disregarding and discrediting the church whose product they use. If the church is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim 3:15), how then can someone or group of people exist outside the church and still claim to teach the truth? How absurd!

It probably hasn't crossed your mind that even the NT scripture was oral tradition (most of which has been taught orally by the apostles) before it was written down to become NT scripture. Therefore, the NT is a product of the oral tradition which protestants think they can do away with and still teach the truth.

How can you pick up the bible which the successors of the apostles collected, sorted and canonized; and run with it without considering the successors of the apostles who collected, sorted and canonized it. Tell me, how can you claim a more accurate knowledge of that bible than those successors of the apostles?

Christ himself is the truth, and the fact that Christ is the foundation stone (cornerstone, keystone) of the church (Ephesians 2:20), that makes the church the foundation of truth (1 Tim 1:15). It essentially means you can't find the whole truth outside the church. Now, do you still wonder why there are over 33,000 denominations who are struggling with truth? Can you unabashedly say Christ recognizes these 33,000 churches? Can you say they are all one church, one Body with Christ as the Head? Think!

@bolded, simple research would have saved you this embarrassment you have caused yourself. Now I have quoted you and it stays here till internet eternity! The Church is considered to be a mother to its members because it is the Bride of Christ (Ephesians 5:21-33, Revelation 19:7, Galatians 4:26). Apostle Paul sees it for what it is - the Bride of Christ, the Mother from whose womb of grace each of us was born to a new life a life of Sonship. "I wanted you to know, how people ought to behave in God's family that is, in the Church of the living God, which holds the truth and keeps it safe" (I Tim. 3:15). So Yes, holy Mother Church proclaims, declares, explains and keeps the truth safe from the reach of the Enemy.

Keep reveling in your naivety and arrogance, attacking the Body of Christ,the pillar and foundation of truth; don't go and read church history from Christ to when you got your bible.
Religion / Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2019
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
The Bible didn't say what you have ascribed to it. The church is not the pillar more ground of truth. It is God, through Jesus Christ that is both. If I demand the support from the scripture you won't be able to provide it. God didn't want anyone been confused about anything about him. His word says in the mouth of two or three is a thing confirmed.... Can you provide any part of the scripture that supports the first?

Timothy says the household of God which is the church of the living God, the living God himself been the pillar of anyone truth.., every truth must find a support from gods word and it must be the ground upon which is it harvested. .... Jesus supported this when he declared that he is the only way, ....the ground, the path, the road, ....... The truth... The entire word he is....and. Life... The spirit

More of the heresy being taught to you by your pastor! The living God is NOT "the pillar of anyone truth", the living God is truth himself. According to Timothy (1 Timothy 3:15), God’s household is the church of the living God and is the pillar and foundation of the truth. Now this will make you angry and more defensive and hostile but you should really reflect on your version of Christianity. Select your church from this list and weigh their testimonies. https://chnetwork.org/converts/
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 6:14am On May 06, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
You have done this childish act before and I scolded you for it and now you have returned to it. I don't want any other persons opinion but yours as you know it ... Stop referring generations unborn to a man's opinion. Tell them that you, 9inches said this and that but if you have exhausted your knowledge, you can paste a summary of those videos here ... I am yet to send you out of nairaland.

I ask again, is it the truth that your pope is infallible? Answer, so we can go back in history and see just how infallible they have been.
Do you realise that not a single of your church practice is attributed to the apostles but to popes... From Mary adoration, worship and pray for us. Image worship to purgatory ...

Dispute this by pasting the days or years and originating persons for some of your church doctrines here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2oAlQebJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crScs1uWtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rv3S0dM-Q
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 6:01am On May 06, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Nope. He introduced me to the King James Version and I am loving that Bible like mad.
The thing is you have left all your the core issues you and your partner ubenedictus were pursuing to now focus on the mundane which is also, sadly, beyond your realm.

You are no longer arguing about how your church wrote the Bible since the scripture has conclusively put that to rest; you are no longer grandstanding on the place of the church and God with God been obedient to the whims and caprices of your church leadership under the guise of church tradition learnt from the Apostles. Now you know that the church is not the ground and pillar of truth but Jehovah God for Jesus himself settled the matter when he declared that he is the WAY.... THE GOUND.... THE TRUTH AND LIFE. ?...John 14:6..... Truth is only by Jesus not in any funny cap wearing human being but by Christ.

As for your grandstanding on who a saint is, I want you to go through the entire bi or and paste, for posterity, the versus that referred to men and women in heaven as saint and the time they prayed for the actual saints here on earth.... Your church wrote the bi le so I expect you to know where to find the evidence from the same bible since you must have the manual to it.

The scriptures are the only guide and examples given and approved by heaven : 2Tim.3 Verses 16 to 17

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The scriptures doesn't answer to the intellect ... No part of it is of any private interpretation. See:

20 KnowingG1097 thisG5124 firstG4412 , thatG3754 noG3756 G3956 prophecyG4394 of the scriptureG1124 isG1096 of any privateG2398 interpretationG1955

Study the history of Christianity and know what the early Christians after the apostles believed and preached. Then study the bible and you might understand how your KJV came about. That's what these people in the videos I posted did and got to the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyYpMOhhQo
Religion / Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by 9inches(m): 4:50am On May 04, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
I can't repeat this enough: Saint is just a general name for believers in Christ. It is a name for those who have separated themselves to god by covenant. While here on Earth hence you cannot find your own meaning of the word in the entire scriptures.

Once you accept Christ, you are a saint. It doesn't require elaborate ceremony that runs for years to sanctify and declare anyone a saint. It is automatic. Spirits live in heaven. They don't have blood and flesh.
The bible your pastor gave you says when saints on earth goes to heaven, they cease to be saints. That's the heresy you've been brainwashed with by your pastor. Continue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 105 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.