Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

9jabiggurl's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jabiggurl's Profile / 9jabiggurl's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jabiggurl: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
like seriously.. Please buy a return a ticket ooooo

Moniro:
Travelling to the us for the first time wit a visit visa, do i need a round trip airline ticket or only a one way trip airline ticket
Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Guys can we just cut this like right now.

I conceived my first 5years ago in March and had him November 30th...so no big deal. The poster came here for advice not for us to analyze her pregnancy et all. If she says 10 weeks in June and EDD November...SO BE IT!....Tailor your advice to suit her question.PERIOD!

Ayotundesh:

Im not sure it's true...March conceptions should not have an EDD of November, even 30th.

Thank you

9 Likes

Travel / Re: Qatar Introduces Visa-free Entry For 80 Nationalities To Boost Tourism by 9jabiggurl: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
abduldope:
Nigerians please don't abuse this

There is nothing to abuse...Nigeria is not on the list.

smh!
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks. However the submission has ben made and payment made with the DS 160 form without passport picture. How do i go about making this change. is filling another form the solution?

abujaniv:
Hello 9jabiggurl. It is required that applicants upload their photograph when the apply online.

Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

my friend is a little worried about her form, she submitted the form without a passport photograph attached to the form. Will this pose any problem at the point of interview or should she fill another form and upload a passport photograph?

Thanks
Travel / Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by 9jabiggurl: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Okay...
Pls more advise

Who has NYSC helped Please don't loose the opportunity to go further your studies that can land you better chances in Life than seeking for NYSC....#my2cents

134 Likes 3 Shares

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 1:52pm On May 25, 2017
Where you at the embassy last month April?

Momnee:
hello to the gurus in the house, have been a silent leader on this platform and have learned a lot.
To my question, before I got married to my hubby he has applied for visiting visa 3 times which he was denied, though he went through agents, he later came to terms that this is something he could do himself so we decided to apply together last year with our daughter, but was also denied, he has a good job in d aviation sector while am also a farmer, most of his colleagues in the office get visas easily so he decided to apply again and again making d sixth time still denied so reading through this forum I guess maybe he has been placed on 5years ban which he wasn't told coz he said the VO that interviewed him last said he knows he has a good job but he's sorry he can't issue him a visa.
so he decided to go to south Africa to spend his leave.
now I want to apply with our daughter without him to visit my bro in-law coz he wants to celebrate his 10th year wedding anniversary which he invited us but my hubby said he doesn't want to go and still be denied, now my question is will his been denied everytime affect us myself and daughter since we have applied with him before and what are our chances?
Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 12:36pm On May 22, 2017
@josh050558

to add to what @Shawlar said, please FILL THE FORM YOURSELF. Its very easy and takes less than 60mins to fill, that way you would both be very much aware of the info therein so when asked any question you can easily answer by yourselves. Please avoid lies!!! i suffered the consequences for years...i only just got favored last month to have renewed without been refused after several attempts....Bear in mind America and other embassies have got ties hence you don't want to jeopardize your chances with other embassies (I jeopardized my Canadian student application because they checked with USA why i was refused after having my boys there on 2 occasions with 1 visa)

So please do it yourself....this forum will help you a lot... do yourself good by reading just some few pages ( I wish i knew about nairaland when i applied the first time, I won't have found myself in such a big a mess)

Wish you and wifey all the best. For all you care my blood sister got her visa with her husband based on "we are going to give birth"

So i have given you 2 personal stories, i believe they would help you make a decision....cheers

shawlar:

*sigh* Why are travel agents so full of lies like this...???

@josh050558 If you manufacture a job for your wife and she is now asked to show her payslips or statement of account with salary inputs... How do you do that..?? More lies...?? Getting caught in a lie by the consular officer could seriously jeopardize your chances in future interviews.

From other's posts you would see that a lot of people have been granted visas for childbirth even though they had no previous travel experience and they said the truth. I would advise you to go with your gut instinct and SAY IT AS IT IS!! I would have preferred if your wife went for the interview by herself so that she could use you as her tie back home but since you've scheduled it together,let's hope your travel history covers 4 her. Couples like yours have been known to be successful together too. Also, try and make sure you fill your forms yourself b4 those ur agents fill rubbish on your behalf

4 Likes

Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 5:27pm On May 19, 2017
olajay5:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean unborn child. How can one get passport for an unborn child in the first place? What I meant is that my wife already gave birth in the US and I am due to join her later to return to Nigeria together. Is there any problem if I get the passport here and take it along with me. As per passport photograph, I already have that and every other details.

not sure that will work. The baby needs to capture albeit new born....so just go with the option of applying for a visa on the USA passport. All the best

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:43am On May 17, 2017
40manlappy:

Madam, my response was based on the CRS score that was provided. I didn't analyse the IELTS result, you get?

Oga...i get ya...was just a little confused with the IELTS score and 428 CRS. Except other factors added some points for him, we never can tell.....Cheers

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:40am On May 17, 2017
elfmann:

He doesn't want this your suggestion.

toh! I rest my case....
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:32am On May 17, 2017
40manlappy:

Should be cool going by current trends and provided there are no surprises in the next draw which may be tomorrow. Hope you have created the profile already?

Current trend? can you please expatiate because i would expect that to score above 400 you need 8,7,7,7 (LSWR) at the minimum. Please help my curiousity
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:26am On May 17, 2017
keleto:

Seems you did not get me clear sir.
WES said you will send the certificate but your school would be the one to send the TRANSCRIPT.
But I have collected both. So how can my school send the transcript

Go back to school and have them issue another one and send directly for ECA.....

1 Like

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 5:36pm On May 16, 2017
Hamdat55:

Thanks so much Lady G. may God reward your efforts.

Please like how much month before i apply again? the essence was to celebrate my babies one year which i will compensate them for by booking Dubai trip but it's like my wife and statues of liberty has a relationship i am not aware of *smile* i had proposed Dubai earlier but she really want to go to US, she was suppose to give birth in US but due to some medical circumstances, we couldn't apply for it but trust me i really want to satisfy her.
Thanks.

You are a good man!! thumbs up. Please try them much later in the year but for now go have fun in Dubai...trust me your wife will have fun as well and the twins too....cheers

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:23pm On May 16, 2017
Dammiehar:
I just finished speaking to a lady at IQAS concerning my documents that were received on May 8th, she confirmed receipt, but said that batch have not been opened yet, and that is why they have not sent any acknowledgement mail. She also said that they are receiving a very high volume of application for assessment, but they are hoping to complete every case with 15 days of receiving all documents. I don't know when that would be for me as my transcripts is stuck somewhere in Canada with Canada Post, not updating at all. My school in the UK sent it through regular post, and I just realized that Canada Post is the worst postal service in the western world.Online reviews shows that it can take 3 weeks for them to deliver within Canada, while it took Royal Mail 2 days to send it the UK to Canada. I just regret not paying for DHL.

Oh dear I feel you... Used DHL for my husband from the UK and IQAS received within 2 days. Had the option of using standard delivery but opted for DHL at a little price though....So sorry but never mind in the end they will receive it
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
Lochinny:
My results came out and i got L-8,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-6.5.
I'm so confident with my self especially with speaking..
And if i get at least 7 in those 2. My score would be up to 450..
Would like to give it a try before thinking of rewriting

whats the question here? Would think you were only speaking out your mind not specifically asking a question. Can you rephrase with a question so gurus can help.

4 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 12:46pm On May 16, 2017
obitee69:
Pls i just got married and my wife's passport is in her maiden name which will soon expire by july. We are putting in for ielts. Pls should she renew in her maiden name and we back it up with marraige documents? Cos i heard change of name is a very long process and it requires you going to abuja and waiting for more than one month. Its also costly too

I have been married for a while now and all my docs and international passport/visas are all in my maiden name. A marriage cert will suffice in most cases. I stuck with my maiden name because of the stress involved in changing my name on my int'l passport (Abuja runs).....
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 10:57am On May 16, 2017
perks:

Those dat ve used WES for dis say it is evaluated as two or more certificates. So it's better cos it gives u more points

Oh really!! I would ordinarily think all credentials evaluating bodies will use the same evaluation metrics. Otherwise in my opinion there would be double standard. I stand to be corrected though
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:23am On May 16, 2017
Dammiehar:

IQAS received my documents on the 8th of this month and I am yet to get any acknowledgement mail from them, still waiting though.

yeah... between the time you use your tracking number to know it arrived their office and when they would acknowledge its about a week (plus) before this week runs out you would get a response.....All the best

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 6:01pm On May 15, 2017
perks:

WES

What does WES give? IQAS gave BSC...(3 years post grad degree, both ND and HND added together)
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:09pm On May 15, 2017
wapu:

I'm yet to get any kind of response from IQAS since I paid on the 23rd.
I've sent them a mail yet no response.

2 things.

1).Have you sent your credential via courier to them (statement of result and copy of ID)
2). Has your school sent transcript to them directly?

When you do this two, at every point they receive any document they would update you via email.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:01pm On May 15, 2017
dannio:
l don dey watch this thread with 10D on silent mode seriously.ITA on my mind cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

ITA on everybody's mind.....whats your CRS?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 4:59pm On May 15, 2017
bonnie1:

All I asked was which is better IQAS or WES

I used IQAS and got my Evaluation firstly in my email inbox about 12 working days after sending it, today i received by POST so in all timeline for IQAS is about 15 working days.

Dont know much about WES
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 4:55pm On May 15, 2017
dtush:

listening 8.5
Reading 8
Speaking 7
Writing 7

Overall of 7.5

and thanks. Lets keep in touch

Great Score....wow! this should take you above the 400 score benchmark. Sure you have your ECA by now? I just got my today...waiting on my IELTS to create my profile....

Sure lets stay in touch. All the best!
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:09am On May 15, 2017
when did you seat for IELTS and whats your score if you don't mind sharing...

However to start you need to create an Express Entry Profile....

You should find details on page 1 on how to go about creating an EE profile...

Cheers

dtush:
Good day house,

I have my ielts score and iqua evaluation now. Please can anyone direct me on the next steps to take

Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:21pm On May 12, 2017
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:20pm On May 12, 2017
Using the CRS tool i have discovered that to be in the 400 points and above you need minimum of L8, W7, R7, S7

Listening is very key for your CRS score. The difference between someone with 7.5 and 8 in listening is 50 points.

IELTS determines a very good CRS score.

Your best bet is L8, W7, R7, S7

Hope this helps....

ajiifixing:

(Trying for Aussie too...so I need 8 all round)

But actually, If I had 8 all round it would have increased a bit, like 6 more marks to 419.

What I really want to know is which one has [b]a slimmer chance [/b]of being "bumped up" from 7.5 to 8 or if all could be increased so I can give it a try

1 Like

Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 5:56pm On May 11, 2017
I need help, would i need to renew my son's passport here in 9ja before we travel. his passport expires in Nov and we plan travelling 4months before then for just a month. I have bought our tickets via DOHA (Qatar) however reading now somewhere DOHA requires your passport to have at least 6 months before expiration. in the event our hotel which is complimentary with the ticket is outside the airport, will my son whose passport is barely 6 months before expiration allowed in or there would just tell us to sit at the airport. (8 hours layover fa!!) i cant try that with 2 active toddler boys....

Anyone that can help tackle this issue please....
Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 9:58am On May 11, 2017
Really close indeed!!!.... i Had my heart in my mouth whilst reading. But in all it ended in Praise.

May your journey all the way end in more praise....

Flawless1988:
Hello! Currently in Houston with my DH!
My experience at the POE was epic!
I got my B1B2 January with my husband for the purpose of our wedding anniversary. However we later decided to use the visa for birthing. I went through the thread and realized it's possible, even without first using for the main purpose of visit.
I quickly drafted the change of intent letter to the embassy and got a correspondent.
Then I made contact with Oakbend hospital in Houston.
I flew with my DH and we used Turkish airline. I was 34weeks 6days. Got the fit to fly from the airport.
Turkish airline has really upgraded as free WIFI was available in the flight from Turkey to Houston (13hrs)
At the POE 1st ( CBP) (He was looking unhappy already) what is your purpose of visit ?
ME: childbirth and vacation
CBP: How much do you have on you?
ME : 9k$
CBP (mean face) : How long are you staying for?
Me: 7weeks but my husband would leave after 5weeks.
CBP: Did you inform the embassy at the time of your interview
Me: No, cos at that time we hv not decided to birth in d US
CBP: He was like, he started raising his voice and said we should give him a straight forward answer.
DH: No, but we sent a change of intent letter and got a reply.
CBP: Can I have the letter and correspondence?
DH : we started looking for the letter o, I was already sweating, alas! He found it, d CBP was so mean, told us to move away from him that we are not ready. We apologized, but he didn't accept. So we chilled till he was done with everyone on the line
CBP: can I hv d letter
Me: we gave him, and he went through it, then collected the reply from the embassy and did same
CBP: where would you be staying?
Me: my friends place, her name is .......

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2017
OYASALOF:
Hello house, please I need clarifications on the following 1. I want to do my ECA, do I fill the form with my maiden name or my husbands name. I have already done newspaper publication for change of name.
2. Should I use maiden name or my husbands name all through the application (ECA, IELTS, PCC, MEDICALS.... ETC)

I did all mine in my maiden name because that is what I have on all my credentials and international passport. You have to go with the name on your international passport and if it has changed to your married name then marriage cert will have to follow all your docs...

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
bbaby84:

Hi,
Did you have to call your school in the UK for them to send the transcripts and did you have to pay?
We are using WES but I just want to get the general idea especially for those with UK qualifications. .
We've sent the certificates but haven't contacted the schools as I was assuming they'll send an email to the school.

You have to contact your school to process your transcript and send directly for ECA (WES or IQAS)

The school charge us 10pounds or so and 20pounds to use courier for delivery.
Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
I feel you jare...me sef dey consider my holiday plan before but mehn life is too short jare!!! make the best use of it.....

jesufifunmi:
My sister, i saw it o. But na the extra 300k dey do me some how for body grin

Will definitely reconsider my options. Thanks kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.