Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

9jagossip's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jagossip's Profile / 9jagossip's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / NDLEA Uncovers Narcotics Buried Inside Aso-oke by 9jagossip(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
NDLEA Uncovers Narcotics buried Inside Aso-Oke

Men of the National Drug Law Enforcement (NDLEA) discovered methamphetamine. coming in as a latest Nigerian news. The substances were cleverly wrapped in some piece of local fabric known as ‘aso-oke’. Eight suspected drug couriers were also apprehended at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos with a total of 10.63kg of narcotics.
Tembo Gideon aka Benson Okechukwu, one of the suspects, the latest Nigeria news stated that one of the suspect, a Nigerian travelling to Thailand with a Zambian passport, concealed 2.522kg of methamphetamine inside some native clothe.
Breakdown of the recovered drugs include 4.460kg of methamphetamine, 4.030kg of heroin and 2.145kg of cocaine. With the exception of one of the suspects who was nabbed while attempting to smuggle 3.455kg of heroin from India, the rest were smuggling various quantities of illicit substances outside the country.
Head of the NDLEA Command at the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar speaking to Nigeria news agency gave the names of the suspects as Onyekwere Wisdom Chinedu (26), Obinna Christian Chigbo (37), Muogbo Uchechukwu Sixtius (25), Tembo Gideon aka Benson Okechukwu (25) and Orabusinze Chukwuka Joseph (28). Others are Ogbonnaya Kalu Robert (54), Obiorah Celestine Nonso (31) and Udeh Lazarus Makwe (44).
Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade in his Sallah memo urged members of the public to refrain from criminal acts and spurn drug trafficking as it was capable of truncating their God ordained destinies.
“it is sad that these suspected drug traffickers are behind bars when they ought to be with their families this festive season.
“Drug trafficking and other criminal acts will only lead to misery, shame and unfulfilled dreams”. He stated.
Politics / Commercial Motorcycle Riders Damaged 42 Buses – LAGBUS by 9jagossip(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Commercial motorcycle riders damaged 42 buses – LAGBUS

The management of LAGBUS following the latest Nigeria news upraise on Tuesday involving motorcycle riders and the Lagos State Government, the LAGBUS management reported a total 37 of its buses were damaged during the protest by business-related motorcycle riders in Lagos on Monday.
The company is one of the operators of buses using the dedicated Bus Rapid Transit
lanes in the city.
Mr. Babatunde Disu, Managing Director of LAGBUS, told the Nigeria News Agency of that in spite of the damage, no traveler was injured.
Disu said that the company was still taking stock.
Mr. Kolawole Ojelabi , the External Relations expert of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, another operator on the BRT lane, said five buses owned by the authority were damaged.
Ojelabi said the quick intervention of policemen prevented further damage.
He said, “Although commuters were stranded at our bus stations because ticketers were not on the ground, we commenced operation immediately normalcy returned.
Meanwhile, those who spoke with NAN condemned the action of the motorcyclists..
Mr. Oladele Banjo, a civil servant, who resides at Sango and works in Ikoyi, said he had to trek from Ikoyi to CMS because of the crisis.
Another civil servant, Mrs. Ibukun Adegbesan, said, “It is unlawful for certain people to hold the state to ransom for selfish reason.”
“The law is functioning and commercial motorcyclists have to put up with it; after all some states have enforced the law and yet heads did not roll.
A banker, Mr Ralph Edet, said that the destruction was a foolish way of protesting because the buses are for the masses.
“Nigerians should learn not to destroy government property as a way of showing their grievances because it causes a setback to the economy,’’ Edet said
NAN reported that due to the protest, most commuters were stranded while others had to trek to their destinations.
Politics / Senator Zanna Summoned Over Boko Haram Commander by 9jagossip(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
Senator Zanna summoned over Boko Haram commander

Following the latest news in Nigeria of a member of the Islamic sect Boko Haram who had been arrested in the house of a serving senator, Senator Ahmed Zanna, the lawmaker has come
out to deny the allegations. Senator Zanna however, acknowledged that the said Boko Haram Member is his nephew.
News buffet gathered that the senator was invited by the State Security Service (SSS) for questioning. The summons was in connection with one Shuaibu Bama an alleged Boko Haram member, arrested by members of the Joint Task Force (JTF) on Friday in a house believed to be the senator’s.The JTF had claimed that Bama was one of the commanders of the sect, who had been under watch.
Acknowledging the summons, Zanna, who represents Borno-Central Senatorial District, confirmed to newsmen on Sunday that he received a text message from the Director-General of the SSS, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita, inviting him to the SSS headquarters on Monday (today).
In his words, “Since my house was searched and the JTF made the announcement, I have not been contacted by security agencies… But it was only this morning (Sunday), I saw a text that the SSS DG will want to see me on Monday. I will honour the invitation.”
With this latest news in Nigeria we hope that the government can start looking into its cabinet Although denying that Bama had any links with the sect, the senator admitted that he was his sister’s son. He described Bama as a “drug addict”, who frequently threatened to kill members of his family. He said, “I really do not understand why they did all this. I am confused. If they want to frame me up, they have failed in that one because they did not get that boy in my house… I have nothing to do with it. Let them go and ask the person where the boy was staying. So, they should not have mentioned my house… Yes, he is my sister’s son. As for his behaviour, he is a drug addict. He beats up my children, he abuses my friends… He came to my house, so I sent him away. That was about almost a year ago. And for whatever reason I don’t know, he came to my house last week and I told my wife that he should leave the house.”
Politics / JTF Destroys Assets Valued N187.8 Million In Borno State by 9jagossip(m): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
JTF Destroys assets valued N187.8 Million in Borno State

The latest Nigerian news today revealed that the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) activities in Borno State is believed to have led to destruction of property worth over N187.8m in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, revealing these news to Nigerian
by a committee report.
The committee which submitted the report had been set up by the Borno State Government to assess the damages, allegedly caused by operatives of the Joint Military Task Force, (JTF ) in Gwnage ward.

The committee, presenting the report to Nigeria news desk on Monday to Governor Kashim Shettima, chairman of the committee, Baba Bashir Garbai said the breakdown of the report indicated that 142 houses/ shops, 21 vehicles and 14 tricycles were destroyed in the incident. Garbai said the committee has carried out its assignment with fairness and justice.

However, sources to news buffet confirmed that Governor Kashim receiving the report, commended members of the committee for a well done job, promising to commence payment of compensation to the victims to minimize their sufferings. According to the governor,
"Government is delighted with your work, I assure that before the end of the week, we will purchase vehicles and distribute to those that lost their own in the incident Governor Kashim Shettima stated".
Education / FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL - Admission In Progress by 9jagossip(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
Admission into Postgraduate Programmes
For 2012/2013 Academic Session

M.TECH/M.ENG AND Ph.D. PROGRAMMES
suitably qualified candidates are invited for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes in the various Schools of the University.
1. School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
a) Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension Technology
M.Tech (Full-time only) and Ph.D (Full-time and Part-time) in the following areas of specialization:
i) Agricultural Economics and ii) Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology

b) Department of Animal Production
M.Tech (Full-time only) and Ph.D. (Full-time and Part-time) in the following areas of specialization:i) Ruminant Nutrition. ii) Ruminant Animal Production. iii) Mono-gastric Nutrition iv) Mono-gastric Animal Production v) Reproductive Physiology, vi) Pasture Production (M.Tech only)

c) Department of Crop Production
M.Tech in Agronomy (Full-time only)
Ph.D (Full-time only) in the following areas of specialization:
i) Weed Science, ii) Horticulture, iii) Seed Technology, iv) Plant Breeding/Genetics and v) Post Harvest Technology.

d) Department of Soil Science
M.Tech (Full-time only) and Ph.D. (Full-time and Part-time) in the following areas of specialization:
i) Soil Conservation and Water Management ii) Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition, iii) Soil Physics, iv) Soil Microbiology v) Pedology

e) Department of Water Resources, Aquaculture and Fisheries Technology
M. Tech Fisheries Technology (Full-time only)
Ph.D (Full-time and Part-time) in the following areas of specialization:
i) Fish Nutrition, ii) Hydro-biology & Fisheries, iii) Fish Post Harvest Technology, iv) Aquaculture Nutrition,v) Fish Genetics and Breeding, vi) Fish Biology, vii) Fish Ecology and viii) Fish Toxicology
O’ Level Entry Requirement for School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
Candidates applying into any Department in the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering Technology must have at least five O’ Level credits to include: English, Mathematics, Biology /Agricultural `Science, Chemistry and any one relevant Science subject...
read the full details on
[url]juicygossip..com[/url].
Education / ABSU 2012/2013 Admission List by 9jagossip(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
The Abia State university ABSUU 2012/2013 post utme result have been released and an estimate on candidates performance was placed on the average, all prospective candidates are hereby advice to purchase the result checker card from banks with Okigwe town of Imo state to check for post utme score.

Followed is the primary list for ABSUU 2012/2013 admission session, candidates who scored 180 and above can go ahead and purchase the admission checker card to check for their admission status here.

* First Bank.
* Zenith Bank.
* Union Bank.
* Fidelity Bank.
* Microfinance bank, Uturu.

Required details

JAMB Reg.
Card Pin.

Result checker N2750.
Admission checker N2750.
Assistance fee N500.

HELP DESK
For candidates who are can not purchase the scratch card due to there proximity, we will be of great assistance to you in purchasing the card and send you the details to your mobile phone within 24 hours of confirmation of payment.

GT Bank
ACC name: Amos Emmanson.
ACC number:01094153

First bank
ACC name: Amos Emmanson.
ACC number: 3055702769.

For further inquiry call Emmanson 08067314628
Education / Abia State University [ABSUU] 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread by 9jagossip(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2012
ABSUU post utme screening results are out have ypu checked yours, if so wats your score. This is a thread of helping students with their admission processing so you dont waist another due to one reason or the other or lack of enlightenment of the school's processing. So, get on here with your post utme score and lets talking or you cal call me on 08067314628 you can also add me on 2go with the username 9tin. I have been of help to students in the past so am very conversant with the thread.
You are all welcome in advance.
Education / University Of Agriculture Markudi [UAM] 2012/2013 Admission Thread by 9jagossip(m): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2012
All prospective candidate that sat for UAM post - utme please lets meet here and talk on the next step in helping you through your admission process, am a mechanical engineering student of Uniagric and have been helping students in the past with there admission processing and lots more.
You can also call me on 08067314628 or add me on 2go with the username 9tin. You can also visit our website http://alwaysnewsng.com and use the comment box on the UAM thread.
Wishing you success as you come into Uniagric Markurdi.
Education / ABSUU 2012/2013 Admission Thread - Aspirants Lets Talk by 9jagossip(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2012
The Abia State University, Uturu has realeased its post utme screening result which was conducted 13th - 14th of June 2012. The result checker are also onsales at banks in Okigwe town. After you have checked your score contact me for details on admission thread, i call it sure banker 08067314628 just lets know your course and score
Education / ABSUU Post Utme 2012 Result Released by 9jagossip(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2012
The Abia State University, Uturu ABSUU result of the just concluded post utme have been released. The screening which was conducted by the institution on 13th of June - 15th of June 2012. We wish to inform all prospective candidate that sat for the screening test of this new development.
Candidates are advice to purchase the ABSUU result checker for the sum of N1750 from any of the designated banks in Okigwe.

Fidelity Bank
Zenith Bank
First Bank
Union Bank
Microfinance Bank Uturu.

For more details click on alwaysnews link below.

Help Desk

ASSISTANCE IN PURCHASING THE ABSUU RESULT CHECKER
Candidates who cannot purchase the ABSUU result checker due to their proximity, but want help in
buying and sending its PIN to their mobile number.

Call Emmanson 08067314628.
The ABSUU result checker cost N1750
Assistance fee N500

Account Name: Amos Emmanson
Acct number: 3055702769
Bank First Bank Plc.
Education / Post UTME 2012 YABATECH by 9jagossip(m): 12:37am On Jun 20, 2012
Post UTME 2012 YABATECH – The Screening Exercise Of Yaba College Of Technology Takes Place From 9th - 10th Of July 2012. Registration starts on 18th of June 2012. All prospective candidates who Scored 160 And above In The 2012 UTME And Chose Yabatech As First Choice Most Preferred Or First Choice More Preferred Are Eligible To Participate In The Post UTME 2012 YABATECH Screening Exercise.

The sum of N1000 is to be paid into any of the following banks Fidelity Bank, StanbicIBTC Bank, Wema Bank Or Zenith Bank.
Candidates Should Access The College Website To Print Examination Schedule After Payment At The Bank.
Any Candidates Who Fails To Access The College Portal Will Not Be Scheduled For The Screening Exercise. Access To The College Portal Will Close 12:00 Midnight Wednesday July 4 2012.

ASSISTANCE IN PURCHASING THE FORMS
Candidates who cannot purchase the form due to their proximity, but want help in
buying and sending the details to their phones,
The form cost N1000
Assistance fee N1000
Account Name Amos Emmanson
Acct number 3055702769
Bank First Bank Plc
You can also purchase YABATECH Post UME PastQuestions .
NOTE – The YABATECH Post UTME Past Questions and Answers will be sent to your email address where you can afterward print themout.
Candidates interested in purchasing YABATECH Post UME Past questions are to pay the sum of N1000 into the account details below.
Account name – Amos Emmanson
Account number – 0109415393
Bank–GT Bank
After payment has been made, candidates are to send their names, teller number alongside email address where the Past Questions and Answers will be sent to.

Note : All prospective Candidates should check online after payment at the bank from Wednesday 20th June to print out their examination schedule.
Education / UAM Post Utme Second Choice Screening 2012 by 9jagossip(m): 12:24am On Jun 20, 2012
This is to inform all prospective candidated that sat for the just concluded Jamb examination and chose UAM Federal University of Agriculture, Markurdi as second choice of institution. Of the forth coming post utme screening examination scheduled for 23rd 2012.
The sales of UAM forms will commence on 6th June - 22nd June 2012.

Candidates can purchase their UAM Forms in any of the following banks in Markurdi; UBA, Zenith Bank, Skye Bank, Union Bank

Help Desk
Candidates who cannot purchase the UAM post utme form due to their proximity, but want help in
The form cost N1500
Assistance fee N1000
Acct number 3055702769
Bank First Bank Plc

Note:
1. All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
i. Pin confirmation letter (to be collected from the bank) and Bank teller Completed.
ii. Registration Form (to be printed from the UAM website)
iii. Original JAMB result slip (The result slip that has passport photograph on it)
iv. Candidates should come with a HB Pencil for shading
2. Any UTME candidate who fails to present himself/herself the above listed items in (1) will NOT be allowed to sit for the test (By implication he/she will not be given admission).

You can also purchase UAM Post UTME PastQuestions .

NOTE – The UAM Post UTME Past Questions and Answers will be sent to your email address where you can afterward print them out.
Candidates interested in purchasing UAM Post UME Past questions are to pay the sum of N1000 into the account details below.
Bank–GT Bank

After payment has been made, candidates are to send their names, teller number alongside email address where the Past Questions and Answers will be sent to.

Call Emmanson 08067314628
Education / FUTMINNA Second Choice Candidate Screening 2012/2013 by 9jagossip(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES ONLY
The Federal University of Technology Minna FUTMINNA will Commence its online registration for second choice candidates:
All prospective candidates are adviced to purchase the post-utme form from designated banks and complete his/her registration.
Registration commence
9am on Wednesday 20th June, 2012
Close of online registration:
12pm on Friday 29th June, 2012

Dates of screening exercise:
2nd July – 4th July, 2012
Candidates are hereby notified that the screening exercise shall be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT) platform.

HELP DESK
Candidates who cannot purchase the form due to their proximity, but want help in
The form cost N2500
Assistance fee N1000

Acct number 3055702769
Bank First Bank Plc

Bank–GT Bank

alwaysnewsng.com/futminna-post-utme-form-for-1st-choice-candidates-on-sales-20122013/

Note: All other prospective candidates who do not fall into the above category including the Direct Entry candidates are advised to check back on our website for information.
Nairaland / General / Ex-militants Clashes With Cult Group In Igbinedion University by 9jagossip(m): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nigeria news paper - Igbinedion University, Edo State went on rampage as two students were reportedly beheaded on Sunday in a clash between recently enrolled ex-militant at the school and suspected student cultists in the institution.
The clash, which led to the destruction of property,began at 7am, while many were said to have been injured.
As at the time of writting the cause of the clash could not be ascertained, some of the students on campus continued to send distress calls to their parents and guardians for help.
State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Olayinka Balogun, confirmed the clash.
But Balogun said the Divisional Police Officer of the area had not given full details of the clash, adding that one person was seriously injured.
However, the CP said policemen had been deployed in the school to control the situation.
Recently, 208 ex-militants were enrolled at the university under the Federal Government amnesty programme and its re-integration component for repentant Niger Delta militants.
Nigeria news paper gathered that the clash is coming two weeks after four students of the university were allegedly abducted by suspected kidnappers.
Politics / Re: 14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message by 9jagossip(m): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2012
Let not be in haste to praise mediocrity, Abacha was a brute. Well me might say he really wasn't the big head ache nigeria suffered but i want to belive that every good thinking man will agree with me that the General can be held responsible for every evil and corruption taking place now in nigeria - his regiume has one of the highest political killing and now the so called democrats now to that line of his. Why am i even spilling much words, Nigerians don't learn from history. Finally, rather than me die and nigeria lives, i'll rather live and nigeria stays unsettled lol.
Education / EBSU Post UTME Screening Form 2012/2013 by 9jagossip(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
EBSU Post UTME Screening Form 2012/2013

This is to invite all candidates who choose Ebonyi State UniversityEBSU Abakaliki as First or Second Choice who scored 180 and above in the 2012/2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to access our website and Honestly fill Their Post UTME Screening Form with Full details of their. O’Level result From Tuesday 5th June –Saturday,23th June,2012. The details of the Screening exercise shall include the Following.

A.METHOD OF REGISTRATION

1.Each eligible candidate should compulsorily purchase E B S U scratch card for registration /screening (N2,500.00) plus O/L result verification /Processing (N500.00). with the Scratch card,the candidate should access and complete the registration Form at www.ebsu-edu.net to register

· Click on prospective student

· Choose ‘’apply for post UTME’

· Input your UTME Registration Number (as captured in your post UTME notification page) and your scratch card pin number

· Carefully fill the post UTME Screening Registration Form completely with major attention to your WAEC/NECO etc. details such as WAEC/NECO scratch card pin Number; Exam center Number,Exam Registration Number,Subject with Grades obtained.

· Upload a clear copy of your passport photograph. (The format uploading should be gif or jpeg and should not be above 200x 200 pixel). Purchase of WAEC/NECO etc scratch card(s) for the exercise is the responsibility of each candidate.

· Click on PREVIEW and ensure that all your entries are correct.

· Thereafter your acknowledgement slip will be displayed.

· Print and keep your acknowledgement slip for later reference.

NOTE:

· Burred scanned passport photograph will disqualify an applicant.

· THE PORTAL IS TO CLOSE FOR FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES REGISTRATION ON SATURDAY 23RD JUNE,2012 BY 12:00 MIDNIGHT.

· Only candidates whose WAEC/NECO etc result are verified by our portal may be considered for admission into Ebonyi State University.

B. BANKS FOR PURCHASE OF SCRATCH CARDS IN ABAKALIKI
S/N BANKS ACCOUNT NAME ACCOUNT NO

1. FIDELITY EBSU 4010474892

2. ZENITH EBSU 1011747601

3. DIAMOND EBSU 007909716

4. ACCESS BANK EBSU 0101501618

5. FIRST BANK EBSU 2013358325

6. EBSU MICROBANK EBSU cas 3351000005

C. OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
(1) PUBLICATION OF RESULT

O/L Screening result, as well as candidate’s admissions status in Ebonyi state University for the 2012/2013 admission year,will be accessed from their website by candidates through the use of the same scratch card,purchase as in A1 and at the Banks in B1-B7 above,from 5th-23rd June 2012 .

2 DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES

Direct entry candidates who choose EBSU as first or second choice university are also to participate in this online Screening exercise for purposes of screening/verifying their O’Level result.

3 NO COMPLIANCE,NO ADIMSSION

Note that all candidates who choose EBSU as first or second choice university but fail to comply with the foregoing screening procedures may not be considered for admission.

4.CLOSING DATE

N.B The deadline for processing of first choice cases shall remain 12:00 midnight of (Saturday 23th june ,2012.

5 HELP DESK: Send Email to victoronyekwere225@gmail.com or call help line 08034379812.

You can also purchase EBSU Post UME Past Questions .
NOTE – The EBSU Post UTME Past Questions and Answers will be sent to your email address where you can afterward print them out.
Candidates interested in purchasing EBSU Post UME Past questions are to pay the sum of N1000 into the account details below.
Account name – Victor Onyekwere
Account number – 0044112269
Bank–GT Bank
After payment has been made, candidates are to send their names, teller number and email address where the Past Questions and Answers will be sent to.
Send your payment details and email to 08034379812
For more inquiries on the post ume past questions, call Victor 08034379812.
You P/Q will be delivered to you within 24 hours of payment Verification.
Travel / Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by 9jagossip(m): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ebamma i kindly request that you re-arrange your speech. The fact that we all are prone to un for seen occurance does not mean we have to live under the mercy of a Goverment that is so rooted in evil
Education / Re: Breaking News! Senate-approves-unilag-renaming? by 9jagossip(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
Never has there been a bill that's pass so fast, but all the same we'll be on the positive side that the bill scale through. So that these students can go back to the class room
Education / ABSU Post UME Past Question & Answer 2012/2013 by 9jagossip(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
The ABSU Post UTME Past Questions and Answers will be sent to your email address which you can print and bind them.
Candidates interested in purchasing ABSU Post UME Past questions are to pay the sum of N1000 into the account details below.
Account number – 3055702769
Bank - First Bank
After payment, candidates are to send their names, teller number and email address where the Past Questions and Answers will be delivered to.
payment details along with your email address should be sent to 08067314628.
For more inquiries and assistance, call Emmanson on 08067314628.
within 24 hours of payment Verification, you'll receive your P/Q
Foreign Affairs / US Strike Kills Al-qaeda Top Leader by 9jagossip(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
A drone strike targeting Al-Qaeda senior leader, Abu Yahya al-Libi, was successful, US officials say.
Abu Yahya al-Lib was killed alongside 14 other suspected militants in what Pakistani authorities described as a pre-dawn CIA drone strike on Monday in North Waziristan, near the Afghan border.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said that theintelligence community had information which led them to conclude al-Libi had been killed.
Sources in Pakistan have not confirmed al-Libi’s death
US officials believe that Abu Yahya al-Libi became al-Qaeda’s second in command after Egyptian-born Ayman al-Zawahiri took over from Osama bin Laden as al-Qaeda leader. Osama was killed in a 2011 raid by US forces.
Al-Libi, a longstanding member of al-Qaeda’s leadership, appeared in numerous Al-Qaeda videos and was considered the chief architect of al-Qaeda’s global propaganda machine.
“It is significant,” a US official said, saying Libi headed Al-Qaeda operations in Pakistan and outreach to affiliates such as Yemen-based Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), which has attacked US targets.
“There is no-one who even comes close in terms of replacing the expertise al-Qaeda has just lost,” another US official stated.
The official added that al-Qaeda’s leadership “will be hard-pressed to find any one person who can readily step into [Libi's] shoes”.
The BBC reports that in Monday’s strike, two missiles were fired at a suspected militant compound in Hesokhel, east of Miranshah – the main town in the volatile tribal region of North Waziristan.
The first missile struck the compound, killing three militants while second missile then killed 12 more militants who had arrived at the scene.
Libi had previously escaped from a high security US prison at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan in 2005.
US president Barack Obama, during a visit to Afghanistan on May stated that his goal of defeating the group behind the September 11 attacks in 2001 was “now within our reach.”
Education / ABSU Post UTME Screening Test 2012/2013 by 9jagossip(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2012
To all prospective candidates who chose Abia State University, Uturu as there most prefered/more prefered institutes, of the ongoing sales of form.
Date:13th - 15th June 2012

Forms can be purchased from Banks within Okigwe:
Zenith Bank
First Bank
Keystone
Fedelity
Microfinance Bank ABSU

Help Desk
buying and sending it (SCRATCH CARD PINS) to their phones,
Call Emmanson 08067314628 .
The form cost N35000
Assistance fee N1000
Acct number 3055702769
Bank First Bank Plc
You can also purchase ABSU Post UME PastQuestions .
NOTE – The ABSU Post UTME Past Questions and Answers will be sent to your email address whereyou can afterward print them out.
Candidates interested in purchasing ABSU Post UME Past questions are to pay the sum of N1000 into the account details below.
Bank–GT Bank
Visit alwaysnewsng.com for more
Send your payment details and email to 08067314628.
Education / 2012/2013 UAM Post-utme Aspirants Pls Lets Meet Here by 9jagossip(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
If you choose BSU or UNIAGRIC Markurdi as your institute of desire then lets talk, feel free to drop your UTME score and i'l be glad to help you out.

Visit the link below for more or call 08067314628
Travel / Re: Press Release on the accident from The DANA Air Website by 9jagossip(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
Its so bad that at this point Nigerian still have to live in such state, due to its reckless Government. Wish baba Fela were still alive.
Education / Absuu Admission List 2011/2012 - Institute Of Art & Science by 9jagossip(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abia State University Uturu has just added another list of admitted students to the (IAS) programm all prospective students who sat for the post utme on 18th of febuary are adviced to purchase the result checker and get to know your status.

For further inquieries please visit the link below or call: Emmanson on 08067314628, 08189358195

Alwaysnews.
Politics / Re: Jega Offers To Resign, Jonathan Rejects; Resignation Amounts To Treason – Agf by 9jagossip(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
The one important factor we have not yet talked about is that Nigeria is not a highly developed country, in which we can easily transport INEC materials from Abuja to various state in a space of hours secondly if the CEO of INEC being jega is in a bid for free and fair election what about this subordinates ware they in the same state of mind with him. This and many more questions we need to ask our self order than asking for jegas's head.

http://juicygossyp..com/2011/04/contractors-of-inec-in-trouble.html
Music/Radio / Ty Bello Releases News Video by 9jagossip(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
The timing of the release of the new video in spite of the postponement of the National Assembly Election our own TY BELLO introduces a spectacular video "THE FUTURE" this video  features statements from Chude Jideonwo, Tara Fela-Durotoye, Ngozi  Iwere, Fela Durotoye and Lanre Olusola. Banky W, Lami, Sound Sultan, Ayeni Adekunle, Adebola Williams, Nse Ikpe Etim, Emem Ema, Dayo Ephraim. Watch this latest video and let here your comments.

http://juicygossyp..com/2011/04/ty-bello-releases-news-video-future.html
Nairaland / General / Amino Kano Air Port Goes On Fire by 9jagossip(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
Monday went on fire, as fire raged through the runway of the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport , Kano , sources told News Buffet, as a fire fighter was died in the fire and injuring four others persons, all staffers of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

The fire started at about mid -day and lasted for about an hour and half,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blazing through the long- stretch of the airport’s runway, located at the far edge of the port, before it was eventually put off.

The incident raised concern as President Goodluck would visit the State tomorrow. The big poser is why the sudden fire outbreak at the airport where the president would be using during his visit.

Although the exact cause of the tragedy is yet to be determined, it is held that the inferno may have been ignited by villagers, from the surrounding villages around the airport, who are in the habit of burning the bushes in search of animals or for farming purposes.

Airport sources told the Daily Sun that the deceased, a staff of FAAN whose name was given as Zubeiru was killed after the fire exploded from behind their vehicle as they were putting out the burning fire.

“Actually, they were quenching the fire progressively and all of a sudden, the fire exploded from their back a few minutes after they had quenched that particular spot. The fire caught up with all of them in that vehicle and killed him in the process”, said an eye witness.

Two other victims of the fire incident, whose identity could not be sourced were rushed to the nearby Armed Forces Hospital for immediate medical attention whereas two others were said to have received treatment at the airport clinic on account over minor problems.

The sudden outbreak of inferno at the airport elicited huge shock and fear on the entire airport community, forcing out workers from their duty line as they watched the tragedy unfold at the far end of the port.

So far, the airport was sober and withdrawn as workers at the airport wore long faces when the Daily Sun visited MAKIA.

As at press time, the management of the airport, led by the station manager, Mr. M .I .Ali Nok was on their way to convey the remains of the deceased to his family home in the state as it is expected that he will be buried tomorrow in the state.

The Daily Sun further gathered that the Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Fidelia Njedeze will lead a delegation of the Aviation Ministry to Kano on Tuesday for an on the site assessment of the tragedy. She will be accompanied by the Managing Director of FAAN, Mr. Richard Aisuebeogun.

P
Politics / News Buffet — The Senate Notched Up Workers Expectations Of An Enhanced Minimum by 9jagossip(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
News Buffet — The Senate notched up workers expectations of an enhanced minimum wage yesterday when it fast-tracked the passage of the bill to amend the National Minimum Wage that provides N18, 000 as the least that could be paid to a worker in Nigeria. Sources told juicy gossip that the bill effectively raised the national minimum wage from N7, 500 to N18, 000.

Specifically, Section 1(1) of the bill states that; "As from the commencement of this Act,
it shall be the duty of every employer (except as provided for under the principal Act as amended) to pay a wage not less than the national minimum wage of N18,000 per month to every worker under his establishment."

An elated deputy president of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu who presided over the plenary said the new wage will alleviate the suffering of workers.

"We have responded appropriately to the yearnings of our workers who we are representing in this chamber. Today is a happy day because we have shown that we are conscious of the sufferings of our people. This country is rich enough to cater for everybody if we avoid the avarice of some few people", he said.

However, Ekweremadu appealed to Nigerians to be more responsive in paying their taxes to enable government fund the new minimum wage.

Leading the debate earlier on the bill, Senate Leader, Senator Teslim Folarin said that the bill which was read the first time on Wednesday 9, 2011 sought to further amend the National Minimum Wage Act, as amended, to provide for a revised national minimum wage and also to put in place a realistic penalty regime for violations of the provisions of the Act.

"You will recall that Nigerian workers under the aegis of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) had threatened industrial action during the last quarter of 2010. The threat was to compel the federal Government to review the minimum wage payable to the Nigerian workers. The Federal Government, after fruitful negotiations with representatives of labour, acceded to the demand of workers which culminated in the provisions of this bill", he said.

Nonetheless, Senator Folarin recommended that a more pragmatic approach should be evolved in future to address the subject of wage increase. "There is need to alter the Nigerian constitution by delisting of the subject of minimum wage from the exclusive legislative list to the concurrent list to give both the federal and states government free hand in negotiating wage matters separately with their workers which will further strengthen our fiscal federalism "

Other senators who contributed in the debate supported that the bill be unanimously approved. Deputy Leader of the Senate, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egaba (PDP, Cross River) said that there was the need for "us to quickly pass this bill for the simple reason that Nigerian workers have been made a promise by government that the minimum wage will be reviewed.

"Nigeria workers deserve it if you look at the wastage of government. In a federal structure we cannot impose the same wage on the different levels of government. We cannot seat in Abuja and legislate that there should be the same salary structure for everybody. The time has also come for us to look at the Constitution, and evolve laws consistent with the principles of federalism which include moving the wage from the exclusive legislative list so that the various tiers of government can legislate on what they can pay.

"It is also time for revenue commission and the salary and wages commission to index wages against cost of living. It should not be all the time that we should always come to the National Assembly to increase wages".

Senator Smart Adeyemi (PDP, Kogi) also contributing said; "I want to disagree that it will be practically impossible for some state governments to pay. We have more resources to pay. Some states in Nigeria are richer than some of the countries in West Africa, so they can pay. The problem is mismanagement of resources and corruption; people divert money from this country to abroad for selfish gains. I hold the strong view that N18,000 is not enough. I am also of the view that we should have a bill to review the minimum wage annually because of the rate of inflation.

In his own contribution, Senator Ahmed Lawan (ANPP, Yobe) said; "I believe that Nigerian workers deserve more than N18000. In addition to minimum wage, we also need to improve the capacity of our workers. It is not enough to give them more money that will not improve on their performance. They need trainings and more training. We need to go the extra mile to ensure that there are provisions in our budget on training and retraining of our workers. We cannot progress if wage increase is on the exclusive legislative list".

Meanwhile, as part of efforts to end the perennial crises in the Niger Delta region, the federal government has disclosed plans to commence paying about $600 million (N90 billion) as dividends to communities in the oil producing states.

The dividend which would be paid to the oil producing communities from oil revenue, according to the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, was part of incentives in the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), currently awaiting passage by the National Assembly.

Madueke made this disclosure yesterday in her address at the on-going Nigeria Oil and Gas Conference 2011, taking place in Abuja. She explained that the payment would come in the form of 10 per cent equity participation and one per cent of the total asset value in the oil producing communities and other directly impacted communities.

Speaking through the special adviser to the president on petroleum, Dr. Emmanuel Egbogah, the Petroleum Minister stated that the clause was established in the PIB to protect oil and gas facilities located in the area.

While assuring of government's commitment to lasting peace in the Niger Delta region, the minister added that the dividends would be in the form of direct payments to the oil communities.

"Direct payments of dividends to oil producing communities will be established to address the Niger Delta crisis. Over $600 million is estimated as annual dividend payments to the communities hosting oil and gas producing facilities or directly impacted by the operation," Madueke said.

"With peace in the Niger Delta, Africa's top energy producer is on course to increasing her crude oil reserves to 40 billion barrels and maintain this through to 2020 from the current level of 37.2 billion barrels," she added.

Madueke who informed that government was aware that delay in the passage of PIB had put a lot of investment decisions on hold, assured that the bill would soon be passed.

Business
She said the bill aims at providing a robust transparency framework by remedying regulatory and operational challenges in line with best practices, adding that the bill would transform the country's oil sector in the interest of all.

Earlier, News Buffet gathered from Egbogah, in a separate session explained that the 10 per cent equity participation as well as the 1 per cent total asset value dividends will be administered based on a trust mechanism to ensure that the benefits are equitably conveyed to the impacted communities.

Explaining further, he said the expected annual dividend payment is different from the 10 per cent derivation fund that is accrued to oil producing states. "The total compensation sum is a summation of the value of the assets and expected revenue from the industry when the PIB becomes a law," the Presidential Adviser informed.
Politics / 9ice Feat. Ajayi Brothers In His New Video by 9jagossip(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2011
[img][/img]
This new video was directed by Sesan.

Few days from now, 9ice will be celebrating his forthcoming birthday – on the 15th of January 2011, he will be at an event tagged “An Evening With 9ice & Friends” hosted at the Swe Bar in Lagos.

Check out this new video from 9ice featuring Alapomeji Records artistes – Ajayi Brothers.

Fell free to check out the video

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.