Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

9jaRonin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaRonin's Profile / 9jaRonin's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Sports / Re: Peter Ogaba Is Dead. Dies At 41 by 9jaRonin(m): 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
I remember our match against Italy @ Canada '87.....he gave the Italian winger Capellini HELL! A man of the,match performance......he was a great left full back.
RIP Peter Ogaba.

3 Likes

Crime / Re: Watch Out For This Suspected ATM Fraudster, EFCC Warns Nigerians by 9jaRonin(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan.....
Travel / Re: Just Now,a Fatal Accident At Oyigbo Rivers State (Pictures) by 9jaRonin(m): 4:50am On Jul 14, 2016
brunofarad:
Why do I have this feeling that these mods and supermods don't like moving my topics to front page ?
grin grin grin

This news will definitely draw more viewers to nairaland than that news. About a pastor who had accident while preaching grin to a small girl inside the car.

MODS........una welldone ooo grin

Was there a snake in the vehicle?? Or were any of the passengers unclad? Those are FP criteria....... grin

1 Like

Health / Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by 9jaRonin(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
frenchwine:
I read the first thread but refused to comment in order not to appear biased. Now that he has shed more light on the matter I think I should say something :
> What the boy went through was a hypersensitivity reaction to Azithromycin which prompted the severe form of asthma attack called Status Asthmaticus. Note that even Ciprofloxacin can trigger such an attack.
>The pharmacist is wrong by switching his meds without the consent of his doctor who should know him better however, even a doctor could prescribe Azithromycin (what the pharmacist gave him) because that drug is better for the condition he complained of. Reason being that he has not had a previous episode of hypersensitivity to Azithromycin, he wouldn't be able to offer such history, so even a doctor can make such 'mistake'.
> The only error of the pharmacist is taking up the responsibility of prescription which shouldn't have been done, otherwise, the boy should hold his chill and thank his stars that this happened in a place like Lagos where there are facilities to manage status asthmaticus.
>Lastly, his parents should call him to order, he is constituting a nuisance on social media.
Though I'm a doctor, buh I'm showing some love to the pharmacists cos any doctor could make same 'mistake '.

You've said it all
Food / Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by 9jaRonin(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

Its called a deer.
Pets / Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Local Breed Of Dog? by 9jaRonin(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
You raised valid points. Reminds me of a dog I had which made me the butt of jokes 4rm my friends back then.......I guess its just a question of societal prejudice. Our "local" dogs aren't the sort of pets most people would like to be seen flexing with. They're a bit unattractive in the eyes of some.

That being said I do believe one of the most important things when it comes to pets is that bond between man and animal.....weda d dog fine or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ekiti Lawmakers Protest Against Harassment Of Fayose By FG by 9jaRonin(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
sarrki:
Surely this guys have been paid there salary till date

I was rolling on the floor after I read this.... grin
Phones / Re: 14 Images You’ll Relate To If You’ve Ever Been To Computer Village by 9jaRonin(m): 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
topeontop:
10. When you bring out your money to try and count it.
Hay God!

grin
Romance / Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by 9jaRonin(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2016
Sincere4u:

I'm also a medical practitioner and I can tell you that the guy was only advised from a professional point of view.
If any of them were in his shoes, I really think they would've walked away from the issue of marriage.

I'm a medical practitioner myself. I can understand the Op's confusion on this matter......such news can be devastating. But I don't think an open forum like Nairaland is the best place to seek advice on this matter. The Op should be talking to a doctor (preferably an ART physician or someone who is well experienced in PMTCT), a marriage counsellor/clergy (his choice) or his fiancée herself (though he might not be feeling up to that right now).

Cases of discordant couples exist, some as a result of very good adherence to ART resulting in undetectable viral loads and thus reducing the risk of transmission. Like I said earlier, this guy needs professional advice on his next move....

Although you can still get some good advice on Nairaland, the chances of getting misinformed by the uninformed are very HIGH in this forum.

1 Like

Family / Re: My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up by 9jaRonin(m): 2:17am On Jun 20, 2016
kilokeys:
U r a mad man undecided

She is a psychopath.

Give ur kids up for adoption o.

One day this comment is going to get a thousand likes grin. Mark my words.

2 Likes

Health / Re: 15 Amazing Human Brain Facts (based On The Latest Science) by 9jaRonin(m): 2:08am On Jun 20, 2016
Nice write up @ Op....
Addendeum: Number 14 , although the brain has no pain receptors the membranes covering it (called the meninges) are rich in pain receptors. So the issue of brain surgery being completely "painless" isn't quite true.
Crime / Re: "Medical Doctor" Armed Robber Arrested In Anambra State by 9jaRonin(m): 1:57am On Jun 20, 2016
Oga "Dokita", this your story get as e be......are you sure it is complete?
Romance / Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by 9jaRonin(m): 1:45am On Jun 20, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

Op, for a matter as serious and sensitive as this which affects one's life, health and well being you have delibrately chosen NOT to seek/ignore advice from experienced professionals (health personnel) and come to Nairaland (of all places) to receive advice?
If your story is true then I feel sorry for your fianceè and not for you.....she fell in love with the wrong guy. undecided

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by 9jaRonin(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Seun:
Hello,

Nairaland is a discussion board/forum which simply aims to be the largest, broadest, most informative discussion forum for the people of Nigeria. You can discuss anything that interests you on this forum:
- Report breaking news stories.
- Share your experience of a particular place, event, product or service.
- Share your knowledge/opinion on topics of interest.
- Ask questions, or make requests and receive helpful answers from other members of the forum.

We have categories which deal with virtually every topic of interest, including movies, music, TV shows, books, soccer, mobile phones, fashion, food, business, computing, automobiles, politics, religion, romance, and more.

You can view the forum using:
* Any mobile phone with support for WAP 1.0 or WAP 2.0/XHTML (automatically detected!)
* Standard PC browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc).

Joining Nairaland is like joining a club, minus the membership dues. Registration is quick, easy and automatic. Please feel free to jump in and start participating. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Start at the home page: http://www.nairaland.com

Regards,
Seun Osewa
Webmaster.

This was history in the making.......but very few knew it back then.
#HumbleBeginnings

Literature / Re: Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? by 9jaRonin(m): 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Na bad economy cause am undecided

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Muhammad Ali's Picture In Heaven By Snoop Dog by 9jaRonin(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
druxy:
and I thought no one knows how Jesus looks...

I presume the guy you both are referring to as Jesus is the bearded man in glasses @ the top of the stairs by your left.......looks more like John Lennon to me.
Politics / Re: Benue Governor Ortom Working On His Farm by 9jaRonin(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Odeyinigbin:
Yeye,stay in DAT bush make Fulani herdsmen catch u
Who's deceiving who?
Cutlass u no carry,hoe u no get
Just packing yeye leaves

One thing that I enjoy on Nairaland na d "yabis" grin

Celebrities / Re: Peter Okoye Bags First Endorsement Since P-square Split by 9jaRonin(m): 10:40am On Jun 16, 2016
A solo career is what he has always wanted. I wish him the best.

NYSC / Re: NYSC Member At It Again 2016 Batcha Ii...hilarious Pics by 9jaRonin(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations on your new status my dear....

PS: RIP, English language grin

1 Like

Business / Re: Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access by 9jaRonin(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Did you just say this

If your kind populated Africa, we'd still be slaves!!! Smh

That wasn't the only bus available, but Rosa Parks stood her ground and fought for her right!
Don't mind the BIG FOOL.

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by 9jaRonin(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
is he vying for king of the world?
Must you always say something negative? undecided

2 Likes

Politics / Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by 9jaRonin(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
ozoigbondu:

About to
We shall
They will
Soon

Insert any other future tense

Eventually.... grin
Nairaland / General / Re: How My Phone Was Stolen And Found (photos) by 9jaRonin(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2016
tunaguy:
my pardon will be given onto you

The first decent thing you've written all day..... grin
Nairaland / General / Re: How My Phone Was Stolen And Found (photos) by 9jaRonin(m): 6:49am On May 04, 2016
tunaguy:
you making look like i can't write english judging from the year you opened nairaland it means you pretty old and i doubt you know the latest thread or just don't care because i substitute kk for ok doesn't mean i don't know how too write English..

I beg your pardon.....
Romance / Re: Look At What She Sold To Me (graphic Pics) by 9jaRonin(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2016
U want to return a pair of shoes after two years?? undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Serena Williams Shows Off Her Famous Curves In Tight Leggings (PHOTOS) by 9jaRonin(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
#BabyOku....
cool

3 Likes

Health / Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by 9jaRonin(m): 12:29am On Apr 06, 2016
wescoboy:
Please complete the Good Samaritan work that you started on her. She can be treated free of charge at UCH. HIV/AIDS drugs are free in all government hospitals. Pls dont let her die. God will reward you.

HIV drugs may be free but treating some of the opportunistic infections that comes with advanced disease (AIDS) costs MONEY!
Romance / Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by 9jaRonin(m): 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Specialbaby:
it better to remain single than marry a liability as a husband!

And your honeymoon night might probably be after you have hit menopause... undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.