Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

9jaWarrior's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaWarrior's Profile / 9jaWarrior's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 9jaWarrior: 6:29pm On Apr 10
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
Fake account. You just want to scare and discourage people from travelling I guess
Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 10:45am On Apr 09
AmuDimpka:

That's a lie trust me ! Toilet cleaners are at the lowest rung of any career in any part of the world they can't afford basics like vacation and good access to healthcare! UK is worse that I know

I have many friends that has been in waiting list to see a doctor for weeks that's what you can't see in Nigeria

A bank manager in Nigeria is a big boy and can afford to travel and spend weeks in any country and be back ..that is what a toilet cleaner can do even in Sydney

We have ton of poor people in Australia abeg ! Don't you think some of us don't travel.

There are damn poor people everywhere in the world that's the truth just that the West have a way of covering theirs ...the USA and UK have tons of very poor people that is even worse than Nigeria
Why are you always having or knowing people that are unfortunate. Same you know someone who is stranded in Australia, same you 2 of your people died in USA because they couldn't afford ticket fare home, now this. Only you, Haba!

7 Likes

Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:46am On Apr 08
Silentgroper:
lol . Leave am .. na tech A. I go first flood before any other profession
A.I cannot work alone without a set of instructions telling it what to do, it will also have to be upgraded from time to time. All these are still tech jobs
Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:28am On Apr 08
MT:

I recognised this your assertion and I stated in my write up. I said if you can, the time to jump in is now.

The threat of AI is so real and fast coming
Can I send you a dm in order not to derail the thread? I need some guide on my decision making when it comes to which stack to focus on. Thanks
Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:24am On Apr 08
AmuDimpka:
so airing my opinion is hurting....are Y0U done ?
Air your opinion and move on, your posts outnumber that of OPs, is that normal?

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:06am On Apr 08
AmuDimpka:

That dude can't come home and his children will not return to Nigeria

Do you think air ticket from Brisbane or Sydney to Lagos is beans for a forklifting dude ...

Forget them returning ! Dude just reduced himself
Dude what's your problem? You're just all over the thread hurting like you're his ex he left behind. Move on bro and face your own life

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 1:23pm On Apr 07
Gerrard59:

OK. Point noted.

If the person was a truck pusher or Danfo driver while in Nigeria? Yes. But an accountant who was earning 1.1 million naira doing sheet packing? NO.

Please, let's fear God when we use the phrase "decent life".

Thank you.
You work to make money, as long as the job doesn't affect your health, who cares about the name. You can be packing shit and tell people you're into sanitation if the name is what bothers you

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by 9jaWarrior: 2:27pm On Mar 17
Pabloescobar1:

You are allowed to promote Asia and its culture but only very few Nigerians or any other African make it legitimately in Asia. I have lived in Asia for most of my Adult life and have visited Vietnam multiple times but not in a million years is it better than any western country in terms of opportunity. It's a personal choice to live in Asia but don't get it twisted there are better countries for those who don't have the luxury of spending money without reasonable income in a country where you stick out like a thumb. Asian countries are barely stepping stones to better countries for those who know.
Better countries like??
Car Talk / Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 6:09pm On Jan 05
asumo12:

Not true
Thank you
Car Talk / Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 7:51pm On Jan 03
asumo12:

My compressor was changed to manual and it’s working fine.

Thanks boss
Thanks for your response chief. I hear the manual compressor consumes more fuel. How true is it please?
Car Talk / Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2023
Angrygoat:
Things to replace compresso,pipes,condenser,valve,radiator if no overheating and lastly flush evaporator and every with flushing gas inside green cylinder. Budget 80 to 100k. And od cos e go be manual compressor with thermostat under passenger glove box..
Okay. Thanks boss
Car Talk / Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
blockgeek69:

After trying with someone in the East with no result. When i returned to my base in lagos, I later took it to my mechanic in lagos. He dismantled the AC components and flushed the whole system, he took the compressor to ladipo, they open it and cleaned it thoroughly. Then he changed the condenser. The problem dissappeared.
Good evening boss, I have the same issue with my compressor now and I stumbled on your thread. Is your ac still working well after the fix?

@asumo12 have you fixed yours too and how is it now?

I was told to replace everything except the evaporator which I just bought last month
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Only the confirmation slip given to you the day you enrolled/captured will be asked from you.
Thanks boss
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2023
9jaWarrior:
Team DIY. I want to go and collect my passport at sagamu passport office, will they ask for any other document(s) apart from the slip they gave me after capturing?
ekitimanalways please I need response urgently
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 12:48am On Aug 17, 2023
Team DIY. I want to go and collect my passport at sagamu passport office, will they ask for any other document(s) apart from the slip they gave me after capturing?

1 Like

Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
skentelelady:

We captured on the 8th of June at shagamu without stress and the man call us on Tuesday 1st Aug that we could come for pick up on Thursday. 3rd but no time to go yet. So that's less than 2 months at sagamu office.

It is DIY
Please did you apply newly or renewed and did it show passport issued when you checked online before you went to collect? They gave me August 6 as collection date.
I captured on June 5 at shagamu, tracking it online, passport issued has not been ticked and I've not received their call. Though my phone was off for some days so I want to go there this week to check.
Thanks
Travel / Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by 9jaWarrior: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
slydog:

And I replied the mail
I also replied but I didn't hear from you since then. Hope you're good sir
Travel / Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by 9jaWarrior: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2023
slydog:

DM
I don't really know how to dm in nairaland, I sent a mail though because it's the only thing close to dm I saw lol.
Travel / Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by 9jaWarrior: 9:30am On Jun 24, 2023
slydog:

It is the tax you are refusing to pay, coupled with foolish politicians in all strata of govt in Nigeria that makes it not worth it paying tax.
I'm in Canada, I pay my fair share of tax, I'm a family of three, wife not working yet but I save good money to buy a house in 10 months. I'm just in my 5th month in Canada.
Good roads, light has not gone off in the past 5 months here. My electricity bill is $71 per month, my provincial govt declared budget surplus and felt like help people, what did they do? Subsidize electricity bill for one year by $50 a month, thus I've been paying $21 a month since I arrived. Internet bill is $63 per month, unlimited internet we are not used to in Nigeria, netflix $10 per month, mobile phone $35 per month, these are the so called bills I pay monthly, since I arrived, car insurance $160 per month, all less than $300, aside rent. So I'm good and ok here. I have a child, child benefit monthly is $550, this pays off my so called bills with balance, lol. If you have the means to japa, legitimately pls do, no need engaging in threads that literally don't make sense like. Nigerians are rapidly joining the political system here, this Saturday I will join a door to Dorr campaign for Kaycee Madu, there is another Yoruba guy too who is standing for election in the same province. I want to start volunteering to understand their process and if possible one day contest for something. Like I said, if you have the means, pls do not hesitate to come. Good thing about it too is, your old parents can come and be permanent residents too and the govt will be paying them old age income of up to $1000 monthly, I mean what else do you need?

LoL, its My first winter here, I decided to buy live goat, 90kg goat for $450, slaughter am for everyday pepper soup.....
Hello bro, please how can I connect with you off nairaland. I need some guidance please and I'll be spilling some very personal stuff. Thanks
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9jaWarrior: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2023
olalekan9320:
Django is not enough at all, for web, most places prefer full stack, with python the person can easily move to data though but not software
Okay thanks. You mean data analysis ?
I've seen some freelancers on Upwork with only Django though. I just want to start from there then keep upgrading
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9jaWarrior: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
NuCypher:

If you want to work with Python Django, I hope you know you need to understand javascript too? And Html and css? Because I don't see which company will employ you for Python to work website backends and not expect that you can at least understand some frontend too.
Thank you. I will work on it. I really appreciate you boss
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9jaWarrior: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
NuCypher:

Yes, python django is good enough to earn a living. It's about how well you master it.
Thank you I will go for it then. It's easier and more straight forward for me to learn compared to full software engineering course
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9jaWarrior: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hi everyone. Tech guys in the house, please what IT skill would you advise your friend to acquire if he's planning to relocate to Canada.

Is python with Django enough to earn a living (Either Nigeria or Canada)

Thanks in advance for your responses
Politics / Re: Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN by 9jaWarrior: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Keep quiet
Anyone who says the truth now is saying it out of hate to you Zombies
It is you who love lies and push lies around that love
You dumb souls are doing yourselves
You're still hating. I cannot help you, I don't think anyone can
Politics / Re: Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN by 9jaWarrior: 7:33am On Jun 18, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Just hear this one too.
Tinubu detected salary padding grin grin
Are you guys real or just clones?
This dude's claim is not even in the op yet he somehow manufactured it!
This is terrible. I'm beginning to suspect this Tinubu really has nothing to offer which is why he's engaging in media blitz to shore himself up.
I'm still doubting this accounts are run by real humans anyway.
Your unconditional hatred won't let you see road. You need deliverance before it totally consumes you
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
johnolusetire97:
Does anyone here have any experience with the sagamu office, i want to do a passport renewal of 64 pages/10 years DIY
Try and get there as early as 7:30 provided all your documents are complete and duly signed where necessary. Do your printing and photocopies before getting there unless you have no problem paying N100 for photocopy and N500 for printing. Also type your application letter as handwritten will be rejected.

Gate will be opened few minutes after 8am, there are some business centres/kiosk outside there, make sure you go there and buy file (N500), the man will help you arrange your documents in the file and staple your 2 passport photos (he will charge you a token for it)

People may be writing names as they arrive, it's useless. Just make sure you stay close to the entrance, as soon as they open the gate everybody will rush in and queue inside (in front of servicom), fight for a good spot as they will be calling "next person" into the office and your name will be registered and you'll be given a number.

Try and submit your file immediately after writing your name, they will only tell you to go and sit down after writing your name because you're DIY, you'll just notice they're bringing files and calling people in while you will sit there till they close.

Once you successfully submit your file at servicom, all you have to do is wait for your turn. Good luck.

Nobody asked me for a dime so I didn't pay shishi, I had to go and sign a document in sagamu high court so I didn't submit my file on time so I was among the last set and I left around 6:30 - 7pm. Collection date is approximately 2 months from capturing day, it may be less for those that were attended to early
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Mukah1234:

With the new name, you do not need an affidavit of change of name. The marriage certificate should suffice.
Okay thanks boss
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
Where are we addressing the consent letter for minors and application letter for renewal to? Full address please, thanks and God bless
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
Mukah1234:

What name is on her NIN, Old or New?
New name, she has the old one too
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
Quick one please, does my wife need sworn affidavit of change of name. She already has marriage certificate and newspaper publication. Our appointment date is Monday (2 days). Thanks
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 7:40am On Jun 02, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Yes, data capture also means biometric.

Yes, you can get the guarantor's form stamped in a Magistrate Court, since it's a competent court in Nigeria.
My brother, okun o. Can it also be stamped in a local government? They wrote it on their website but we know they don't always go by the book in this country

My guarantor only filled the first part and signed. The remaining parts seems to make no sense lol, hope they will accept it like that
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 9jaWarrior: 10:09pm On May 31, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Download another one for your wife, since she's issued a separate application number and a reference number. Please 2 (normal size) passport photographs for each applicant.
Have a fantastic evening.
Thank you boss

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.