Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Idoma Promiscuous-conservative Paradox - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Idoma Promiscuous-conservative Paradox (1340 Views)

Traditional Wedding Made In Idoma-land, Benue State, Central Nigeria / Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO / Similar Words Between Hausa/yoruba Languages And That Of Igbo/idoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Idoma Promiscuous-conservative Paradox by gst101: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2012
all over, the idoma people and indeed the people of benue as a whole are seen as being promiscuous. But the idoma people are one of the most conservative tribes in nigeria when it comes to intimate relationship between a man and a woman.

In all of idoma land apart from otukpo, there is a long history of alekwu (spiritsof ancestors). These spirits protect, reward and also punish any one who goes contrary to the morals, norms, cultures and traditions as laid down by the elders of a family or clan. One area i know the idoma people have conservative laws is in matters relating to s3x. For the sake of time and data plan, i am not going to go into all of the traditions but for those of you who know better about the tradition, you can help me.

i cant understand the paradox. some one more informed should pls explain to me. I know in otukpa the law is most conservative.
Re: Idoma Promiscuous-conservative Paradox by suyu: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
source

(1) (Reply)

Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy / The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us / Fulbe (fulani) And Kel-tamasheq (tuaregs) United For The Youth (jeunesse) Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.