Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 (1038 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate / Tinubu, Acn Pick Akeredolu for Ondo Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by Prowise(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY IN THIS PROCEDURE?

The leadership of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has defended the choice of Chief Rotimi Akeredolu as the governorship
candidate of the party in the October gubernatorial
election, explaining that the party used the most democratic system. Speaking with journalists at the sixth annual Ramadan lecture in Oro town in Irepodun
Local Government area of Kwara State on Wednesday, the National Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the party used established zoning formula in the state to pick its candidate out of 35 aspirants. "We used the most democratic system. We had about 35 aspirants and they were all called to a meeting and we asked them if there was any zoning system and they all said there was a zoning system. "We also asked them what the zoning system was all about and they said that it started with the late Chief Adebayo Adefarati from Ondo North, to Chief Olusegun Agagu from South, and to the incumbent governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, from Ondo Central and, therefore, the slot should go back to the North. That was the sum total of what we got from what they said during the meeting with them. "In that case, you all agreed that it should go to the north senatorial district area of Ondo State and they all said yes, and all the aspirants from the south and central agreed. At another meeting with the aspirants from Ondo North, we asked how many groups made up the north senatorial district and they said three — Akoko, Owo and Ose. “The last time that governorship came to you, who took it? They said Adefarati from Akoko and therefore, it should go to Owo. By the time we got to that point, it was only people from Owo and Ose that we have to pick from and we used our judgment to say, of all these people here, the best person to present is Chief Rotimi Akeredolu. Is there anything more democratic than that," he queried?
SOURCE:
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/44852-ondo-gov-acn-defends-choice-of-akeredolu
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 5:32am On Jul 27, 2012
akeredolu will not win. ondo centre is half of the population of ondo state. so is it wise to eliminate ondo centre and expect to win.

When ACN use zoning and zone it to the north.

Nuhu ribadu lost his poll booth
lost street
Lost his ward
Lost council
Lost local govt
Lost senatorial area
lost his state.
lost the north
Lost in Nigeria
what does that tell you about the system.

Even in ondo north i have seen the picture coming from there. they look like they dont like him. even the oba did not see him in his home town in the picture.
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2012
I am not boosting I will win Yoruba land ahead of tinubu in a free and fair election. because he is using wrong system..
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by floriana(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2012
musiwa...:
I am not boosting I will win Yoruba land ahead of tinubu in a free and fair election. because he is using wrong system..

Musiwa, it is not too late to go to school. Most of us on NL went to school first before coming to NL. What is the meaning of 'I am not boosting'?
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 6:26am On Jul 27, 2012
What do they call this. I went to school olodo...

I even school abroad. which of you school in nigeria and abroad. olodo.
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 6:36am On Jul 27, 2012
hhh
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by floriana(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2012
musiwa...:
What do they call this. I went to school olodo...

I even school abroad. which of you school in nigeria and abroad. olodo.

Maybe you went to school abroad in Mauritania. Every of your posts is fraught with errors. Stop replying to me.
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by Prowise(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2012
.......The National Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the party used established zoning formula in the state to pick its candidate out of 35 aspirants.

"We used the most democratic system. "In that case, you all agreed that it should go to the north senatorial district area of Ondo State and they all said yes,.......
By the time we got to that point, it was only people from Owo and Ose that we have to pick from and we used our judgment to say, of all these people here, the best person to present is Chief Rotimi Akeredolu. Is there anything more democratic than that," he queried?
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
,... delete
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by mankevo(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Yes! the statement credited to Ahl.Lai Muh'd is true. After the pruning down of aspirants down to Owo, Akoko and Ose, the remaining gladiators were: Hon Ajata (represented Oshodi constituency in the houz of reps) Chief Mrs Anifowose (Ajasin's daughter) Prince Olumuyiwa Oniye (The Ark- most favoured because of age and long membership of AD-AC-ACN) Rotimi Akeredolu (former NBA boss).But the final emergence of Akeredolu was the handiwork of National leadership not of Ondo people, however, the resolution of Oniye to reconcile the agrieved aspirants gave credence to the candidature of Akerodolu as the former strong contenders like Agunloye, Alasoadura, Segun Ibrahim, Saka Lawal, Sola Iji have all surrendered their political machinery to him (Akeredolu)
With little or no activity in Olusola Oke camp of PDP, the stage is getting set for the battle of THE OPPOSITION in a state where Mimiko himself even stated in 2007 that a person can only rule ONCE! With Mimiko's Wed declaration and ACN's sat(2moro) ratification of Akeredolu, ONLY the ONDO people will determine their future. We are live from Ijapo Estate- the political hub of the state
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by musiwa45: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Re: How And Why Akeredolu Emerged As ACN Governorship Flagbearer In Ondo Guber 2012 by Prowise(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
@Mankevo,
What is democratic in the selection of Akeredolu? Party delegates ought to have chosen their flagbearer in a primary election.
This is yet another eloquent expression of the absence of internal democracy in ACN. If a party couldn't practice internal democracy, can it promote in the wider society?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Obasanjo’s House Is On Fire / Power Of OBJ - PDP Makes U-turn On Oyinlola / Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.