Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? (17461 Views)

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? / It Was Don-jazzy Who Dis-virgined Me : Tonto Dike / It Was Don Jazzy Who Disvirgined Me”– Tonto Dikeh Confessed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by obailala(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
seriously, tribalism is a contagious disease. I tot they said don jazzy is an isoko man from delta state but was only born in umuahia??

Since the split, neither dbanj nor don jazzy have produced anything meaningful. The oliver twist hit which propels dbanj today still has donjazzy's name mentioned in it so its too early to judge them.

Anyway, I trust dbanj to come up with something worthwhile soon and jazzy being a producer can come up with some good stuff too but really, does it even make sense to compare a music artist and a music producer?? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
Revolva: Dbanj is in deep shit who ever told him america will welcome his music even mr endowed sef did not even get recognition in american chats like billboard and other mega media only saw it on BET where I only watched it- the problem is dbanj thinks america is nigeria - if you aint boorn there and school there noting for you if you like pally wit top notch artist over there - look dbanj should come back home and make music here what else is he looking for at the peak of his career - he ran to kanye and saw kanye is a veeerry busy conscious man - now he is sneaking back home to elevate more and more jsleek which is good .

Well as for -IDJA - he is a masterpiece anytime solar plexus may not be a hit house but he is a guru in beats - dat take banana song by dprince smashed dat yeye oyato song hands down -oyato sounds like an advert song for tomato sauce "+" lol weak lyrics and I appluad sleek for the beat dats all

Stop tribalism ok especially igbos n yorubas plss ok

Don jazzy anytime is d highest

Rihanna was born and schooled outside of the US
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by digitite: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
raystanley: YOU ARE RIGHT!!!. BUT BASE ON CREDIBILITY, IT'S DON JAZZY.

But D'Banj has something Don Jazzy can't easily find in the market and that thing is CHARISMA.

1 Like

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by basher(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Na me win!!

Because, when you chop my BANANA you go know say OYATO.

Winner oh oh oh winner, Winner oh oh oh Winner!!
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Dotman01(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
Don jazzy 1 album - not bad
Dbanj 1 single - not bad
Who wins- skibanj

1 Like

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by cheddarking(m): 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you comparing Rihanna with D'banj?
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by iamdsam: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
D'banj is winning.
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by jaytime(m): 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
No victor, no vanguish; that's how it is and that's how it's supposed to be.
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by wine4dguy: 12:11am On Jul 28, 2012
Hmmmm...let me think
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by mikkyangel(m): 2:32am On Jul 28, 2012
"Who is winning" and winning what?! This is damn too chidish.Besides who told u mike okri is back home? His a member of my church and we worship together every Sunday here is Califonia.
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by mruknaijaboy(m): 4:01am On Jul 28, 2012
I think D banj should get back with Don Jazzy because it just aint the same, I think Don Jazzy can move on without D Banj as he is just a producer, but remember don jazzy used to help dbanj with his creativity and help write songs with him,

D Banj's oliver twist was a hit in the uk and when i first heard it in 2011 I knew it was a hit and this year 2012 it went to No.3 in the UK top 40 charts,

when i heard Oyato I really was not impressed to be honest, its an ok song but it doesn't make me want to get up and dance, also his song with Sarkodie from Ghana called dance with me was ok, if Sarkodie wasnt on the song it would have been a hot mess with jus D Banj on it

It shows since he split with Don Jazzy hes creativity has slacked but cant really say right now because you never know he may have some hits up his sleeves, ill give it till the end of 2012 and then I can really judge
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Caesar1988(m): 5:17am On Jul 28, 2012
U can call it anytin u like poster,but ur brother dbanj was advised by fans in london to go back to don jazzy,the oliver twist was made by don jazzy,u can always hear his glorious back up and his wonderful bit...k.switch is not goin any where cos d title of his song sounds like a thunder striking during harmattan......
ambrosini593:

www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/between-dbanj-and-don-jazzy-who-is -winning/
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by adebayo6(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2012
Dbanj keeps rocking both home nd abroad... Sametin hapens wen 9ice leaves Cabasa, pple were sayin 9ice will feel more of d heat, now were is Cabasa? Buh 9ice is still BASHORUN GAAing. I think its only in Nigeria/Ghana dat producers feels as if dey ar m**ks. On a normal skit wu cares who d producer is!
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Revolva(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Well you must know that the carribeans island of bahamas barbados jamaica haiti trinidad and many more are influenced by america and have support for them much than our artist from africa.
Look dbanj want to be known as an international act by force and he did not wait for his time impatience and hurry hurry. When times come america will find him not him chasing busy guy kanye west all around-
-IDJA keep producing ur hits jare the don of production -hey donjazzy is ibo related - am sure he is ukwu ane in delta state
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by kpolli(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2012
D'Banj has started bribing media houses. . . What a shame
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by GudDoc(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2012
If dbanj wanted a club banger he would have dropped one. This is a cruzing tune, it grows on you, and if you have a car, you'll appreciate it alot more.

He performed oyato at davido's concert and the whole place blow up (considering they paid money to attend).

This sound is most definitely a hit.
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Donziglag: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2012
I give it to donjazzy
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by cindyrella(f): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
NONE!! undecided
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by emmalezy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wic one be formidable jus say upcoming oga
D'banj naa forget story
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Stiv(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ambrosini593, I hope yu are not one of them D'banj publicists on Nairaland trying to keep his image relevant in the minds of naija people. I'll re-address your analysis of both camps on a point by point basis.

You labelled the solar plexus album a total failure. In my estimation (and I may be wrong), the album was released like a mixtape. If Don Jazzy wanted to release a family album, they would have combined on the tracks, not one artist to one song. While the album may seem to be a failure, it has served to bring out D'prince as a standalone artist.

You sed Don jazzy is desperate and he's now looking for interviews to grant and paying to keep his name out there. I think D'banj copped Don Jazzy's style by rushing to align with Ikechukwu, J.Sleek, and co-opting Kay Switch to his own label (DB records). Time will tell if the alliance will work out or not.

You also faulted Don jazzy's distancing himself from Kanye West. The truth is, Kanye West has himself, No id, and a host of dope producers on his label that would use Don jazzy to mop the production floor (No offence). So, why stay there and kill your Nigerian fan base?

Yu sed D'banj broke into the International market. If you ask me, P-square are lightyears ahead of D'banj at the moment as far as the international market is concerned. Well, time will tell if D'banj will break in or break out.

Yu mentioned Oliver Twist and Oyato. Oliver Twist was Don jazzy's send-forth to D'banj, and he has stretched it beyond its limit. On his own, Oyato was an outright disaster. He received attention cos it was his first single after Mohits. Its like Sisquo after unleash the dragon album, he was unable to sustain the tempo.

You mention that K-switch didn't have a single while with mohits. we all know that mohits worked on their artists, one at a time. K-switch's time didn't come before mohits split up.

Who is really winning?

I'll liken their split to EPMD. Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith went seperate ways because of [b]kpogri[b/]. Erick Sermon was the artist (D'banj) while Parrish Smith was the producer (Don jazzy). They both lost out in the end, because their fall allowed Bad Boys records to cement their ground as the front men of East coast music. So who is really winning? None! They will fizzle out because each of them needs a part of the other to make it. But, time will really tell who messed up.

1 Like

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Tstark(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
^^^^^
Your post would've made sense if you had got your facts straight. For your information Eric sermon was the producer in EPMD and Parish was the rapper [actually they were both rappers but Eric was the producer]
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by Stiv(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Tstark: ^^^^^
Your post would've made sense if you had got your facts straight. For your information Eric sermon was the producer in EPMD and Parish was the rapper [actually they were both rappers but Eric was the producer]

Slight error, but not enuff to demean the whole post. Erick was the music end of EPMD while Parish was the Business end of EPMD. Satisfied?
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by slimmoney(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2012
megawax8: must u go tribal?
@karpenter Ω̴ǎ true karpenter ßε̲̣̣̣̥ uя fada u d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣γ̲̣̣ reason lik dog

1 Like

Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by ogunjebe4real: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
i think d-papa j is still on top
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by omar22(m): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2012
baby-boy:
Winning WHAT?

Are they at the Olympics?

Are they in a competition?

The last time I checked one is a Singer and one is a music producer!

Is there a talent show going on..... Some people really need a lot of growing to do, they might have missed out on br£@st milk when they were kids

Well said.......................

People are comparing a singer to a producer as if they are in the same race or career.

D'banj is a S-I-N-G-E-R
Don Jazzy is a producer

I believe people could tell the difference? its like comparing Madonna to Quincy Jones

But typical Nigerian with their shallow way of thinking what next? who is winning between the Fish and the bird
Re: D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? by GloriousGod1: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2012
very funny
Awalla: What do you mean by winning fool, stay there and be deceiving yourself and do not go and find more involving thing to do , two guys working hard for themselves and you are here only watching after them, meigaurd like you .
This is how fools like you heat up and cause rancor between two innocent and hard working dudes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Jombo's Outfit To Itweetnaija Event / Patoranking, Tiwa Savage And Reekado Banks At NFF Award / Osikhena Dirisu III: Toke Makinwa Gave Me My Stolen Salary Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.