Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Air Nigeria Is The Cheapest Available Flight To London,its Safe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria Is The Cheapest Available Flight To London,its Safe (1219 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Air Nigeria Is The Cheapest Available Flight To London,its Safe by fmikecok(m): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2012
As a travel consultant this issue is making me so worried and my client wants the cheapest available fares to london.
Belive me there is no cheapest flight to london now because there is no seats available.there fares available is from #230,000-310,000 all there airlines are involve except AIR NIGERIA.AIR NIGERIA is #130,000 but passengers are scared to fly it.Its known that AIR NIGERIA was once mannaged by VIRGIN ATLANTIC when it was virgin Nigeria and later handover.the reason passengers were scared of flying AIR NIGERIA is because of the DANA CRASH which claim many lifes.We all know that the disaster happened due to bad management of the aeroplanes and poor mainteinace.I just want to make all travelers to know that there is no need to be scared.AIR NIGERIA started fly to the UK newly and the planes there have are new.
Re: Air Nigeria Is The Cheapest Available Flight To London,its Safe by onatisi(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2012
fmikecok: As a travel consultant this issue is making me so worried and my client wants the cheapest available fares to london.
Belive me there is no cheapest flight to london now because there is no seats available.there fares available is from #230,000-310,000 all there airlines are involve except AIR NIGERIA.AIR NIGERIA is #130,000 but passengers are scared to fly it.Its known that AIR NIGERIA was once mannaged by VIRGIN ATLANTIC when it was virgin Nigeria and later handover.the reason passengers were scared of flying AIR NIGERIA is because of the DANA CRASH which claim many lifes.We all know that the disaster happened due to bad management of the aeroplanes and poor mainteinace.I just want to make all travelers to know that there is no need to be scared.AIR NIGERIA started fly to the UK newly and the planes there have are new.
if you are in their shoes and you have more than enough for another airline will you board air nigeria to london at this present moment?
John I. Nnorom, a former Executive Director for Finance at Air Nigeria, has warned Nigerians to stop flying the airline until they are sure that its planes are being properly maintained.

In a blistering public petition, Mr. Nnorom, who resigned his appointment with the airline on April 1, 2012, blamed the situation on big businessman Jimoh Ibrahim, the chairman of Air Nigeria, whom he accused of being uninterested in the maintenance of company aircraft.

“Some of the certifying Engineers and I are under threat of assassination by Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, if we reveal this secret to Nigerians,” he said.
Mr. Nnorom said that upon his resignation, he wrote a letter in which he said he preferred to die than to be a witness to over 100 souls perishing in an Air Nigeria aircraft.

He disclosed that Air Nigeria is in financial crisis because money loaned by Bank of Industry of N35.5Billion has been diverted into Mr. Ibrahim’s NICON INVESTMENT LTD, a non-finance company popularly called wonder bank, leading to air safety being compromised, and stressed that there is a great possibility of a disastrous Air Nigeria crash, which can occur at any time.

He recalled that in Jan 2012, Licensed Engineers in Air Nigeria went on strike because they were being forced to certify unfit aircraft into the air, and another strike was averted in March 2012 following the intervention of the DG-NCAA, Demureen. Both events, he said, were based on failure on Failure To Meet Safety Standard, and are verifiable information the public is aware of.

Why are Air Nigeria flights sometimes delayed for as many as eight hours? According to the petitioner, that is because the aircraft for that flight is not ready. “While passengers are waiting, engineers are battling to put the aircraft on Air. Several times our Aircraft on Runway taxing to takeoff, turns back to offload passengers due to some technical faults observed by Pilots.”

He said that of the 11 aircraft being operated by Air Nigeria, only one, Embraer, is safe to fly Nigeria Air space, with all of the others needing “deep and heavy” technical maintenance.

“This explains why Air Nigeria has never operated more than six Aircraft out of eleven Aircraft. Air Nigeria do not have the money to fix these Aircrafts. Let anybody go and check now, some of the Aircraft and Engines have been grounded for the past one year.”

Mr. Nnorom even advised Nigerians who choose to take the risk of flying Air Nigeria not to eat or drink anything, pointing out that passengers have been poisoned because Air Nigeria serves bottled pure water, and that passengers have complained of being served “smelling waters.”

https://www.nairaland.com/955351/air-nigeria-flying-coffin-former

https://www.nairaland.com/962975/air-nigeria-grounded-safety-checks

LAGOS, Nigeria — Officials say Nigeria’s second-largest air carrier has been grounded for safety checks following a strike by its engineers.

Harold Demuren of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority said Wednesday that Air Nigeria would be able to fly again after investigators finished their checks. The investigation comes after engineers at the airline carried out an on-and-off strike at the carrier.

A spokesman for the airline could not be immediately reached, though an operator at its call center said the airline hoped to resume flights Thursday.

The temporary grounding of Air Nigeria comes after a Dana Air flight June 3 crashed in Lagos, killing all 153 people on board and others on the ground. A cause for that crash has yet to be determined.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/air-nigeria-the-nations-2nd-largest-airline-grounded-for-safety-checks-after-dana-crash/2012/06/13/gJQA2MoKZV_story.html

ppl are not dumb , you want to make sales good but they want to stay alive

(1) (Reply)

Is John Tunde A Scammer? / Success With French Visiting VISA For A Friend. / My Trip To Praha (Prague) The Capital City Of Czech Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.