Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Love Is Dead! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Is Dead! (1264 Views)

You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / President Of Nigerian Prostitutes, JessicaElvis Is Dead / Help!!! She Says She Will Marry Him If Only His Mother Is Dead! Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Dead! by Knetpro(m): 1:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Love is dead!

That is what a friend of mine told me recently when he was narrating his experience with his ex-girlfriend.

He was very bitter as he recounted how money-conscious the girl was. He told me: "Do you know that l financed that girl throughout her degree programme at UNILAG?"

Though l commiserated with him, l told him that he should have known better than to sponsor a girl whom he had not yet got married to in higher institution. I asked him: "Are you her father? Or, is she an orphan?"

He replied that he was blinded by love. He also told me that there were clear signs that the girl was even cheating on him throughout the 6 years that they were together. But, he failed to see it. The girl finally decided to end the relationship when she finished her studies and went for youth service.

How heartless can some girls get!

Well, this should be a great lesson for my fellow men out there. Know the difference between love, lust, true love and even infatuation.

See True Love Defined for a clear definition of what true love is.

Love may be dead. But, certainly, true love is not!
Re: Love Is Dead! by Sijo01(f): 2:39am On Jul 28, 2012
Hmmm, love is dead,? Who killed love n when is the burial?
Re: Love Is Dead! by REMMEI(m): 3:00am On Jul 28, 2012
Saw it's obituary in a national news paper but forgot ta attend the burial..hahahaha!
Re: Love Is Dead! by tunde1200(m): 3:05am On Jul 28, 2012
love don die over 100 years ago. dont be decieve anymore
Re: Love Is Dead! by MMM2(m): 4:38am On Jul 28, 2012
And what d fu ck is LOVE angry
Re: Love Is Dead! by GreenJ(m): 4:57am On Jul 28, 2012
Love may be dead. But, certainly, true love is not![/quote]

what is the difference?
Re: Love Is Dead! by slimyemm: 5:05am On Jul 28, 2012
....and what's with the 'true love defined' link??
Who wan click am?
Re: Love Is Dead! by Roseey0(f): 5:06am On Jul 28, 2012
Love is nt dead,pls u pple shud stop scaring pple with all dis talks.Its jst like some one that jst wnt tru a trumatic exprnc saying dat there is no God.let d TRUTH be told=LOVE IS ALIVE

1 Like

Re: Love Is Dead! by tobechi74: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2012
In the name of RAMSEY NOAH, i hereby resurate love from the dead.
Re: Love Is Dead! by KINGwax(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2012
For the purpose of u who missed out on kingwax's lecture, i'll define love your y'all:
love is jes a word, WIELDED by the wise to DECEIVE the fool.
The only love dt exist is in the book of JOHN, chapter 3, verse 16. read up your bible
Re: Love Is Dead! by Csami(m): 10:22am On Jul 28, 2012
Love ain't dead, just went for a long walk.
Re: Love Is Dead! by vivianc(f): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
I have been hurt severally by the people I truly loved and even right I'm nursing a broken heart, it hurts like hell but I ain't giving up on love. Not believing in it makes me miserable. So no, I disagree with you; love is not dead!

1 Like

Re: Love Is Dead! by cindyrella(f): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
shocked chei so love don die? Oh what a wicked world! cry

@op, Abeg who kill am? You attend the burial?
Re: Love Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
Show the death certificate or forever remain silent. . .
Re: Love Is Dead! by Knetpro(m): 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
GreenJ: Love may be dead. But, certainly, true love is not!

what is the difference?

Now, for the benefit of GreenJ and every other person in the house, love is a physical attraction between persons of the opposite sex. Persons of the same sex may even claim to be "in love".

Do you know why? It is because mere love is a physical thing between two or even more persons.

A girl may be attracted to a boy because of his handsomeness or because of material things that she is promised or expects to get from him.

On the other hand, a boy may equally be attracted to a girl because of her beauty and good-looking physical appearance and not because of any admirable good qualities that she may have.

Additionally, the basis of attraction that is referred to as "love" could even be lust inclined. Some people actually have love for sex to a great deal that they can even have multiple sex partners and still tell all of them that they "love" them .

However, true love is different. While mere love or infatuation can accommodate so many persons at the same time, true love has room in the heart for only one person at a time.

So, what is true love?

True love is the deep affection that a person expresses for someone of the opposite sex as a result of certain intrinsic qualities or attributes that he or she has found in that person.

As a matter of fact, true love is not dependent on physical beauty or material things. And while mere love or physical attraction (that is, what attracts or dazzles the eyes) is skin-deep, true love has a strong foundation which emanates from deep within that individual.

Therefore, it does not even matter whether the person of one's affection (true love), is beautiful, ugly, rich, poor, or has any physical disabilities or limitations. So, while mere love or infatuation is a thing of the eyes, true love is a matter of the heart.

As a matter of fact, true love does not cost a thing!

For more information on this subject, please see the following article: True Love Does Not Cost A Thing!

You will be amazed at the true love examples mentioned in that write-up. And you will certainly learn a lesson or two about true love relationship. I guarantee you that!

To read that mind-blowing article now, CLICK HERE.
Re: Love Is Dead! by dandagreat(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Madam continue, guys go soon use your heart cook indomie.
vivian chinaza: I have been hurt severally by the people I truly loved and even right I'm nursing a broken heart, it hurts like hell but I ain't giving up on love. Not believing in it makes me miserable. So no, I disagree with you; love is not dead!
Re: Love Is Dead! by Csami(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
vivian chinaza: I have been hurt severally by the people I truly loved and even right I'm nursing a broken heart, it hurts like hell but I ain't giving up on love. Not believing in it makes me miserable. So no, I disagree with you; love is not dead!
yours is as a result of expired love. These days, love comes with NAFDAC no.
Re: Love Is Dead! by pendo89(f): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
omg when did he die??
Re: Love Is Dead! by zamirikpo(m): 2:33am On Jul 29, 2012
If love or true luv is dead den...we r all doomd,especially dose of us lookn to settle.to me love is very much alife, bt it takes d grace of God to find it.....

1 Like

Re: Love Is Dead! by blackbalang(f): 5:03am On Jul 29, 2012
cindyrella: shocked chei so love don die? Oh what a wicked world! cry

@op, Abeg who kill am? You attend the burial?
I killed it/him/her with my AK-4 angry cheesy... Should v gone 4 sumthg bigger cos it/he/she did not die completely or some1 move it cos d grave is empty undecided
Re: Love Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 29, 2012
So, cos your friend want to buy love, e no work, you come dey write this abi?
#LoveIsWatchingYouIn3D
Re: Love Is Dead! by cindyrella(f): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2012
blackbalang: I killed it/him/her with my AK-4 angry cheesy... Should v gone 4 sumthg bigger cos it/he/she did not die completely or some1 move it cos d grave is empty undecided
shocked shocked so you killed love? I will have u arrested for murder!
Re: Love Is Dead! by Knetpro(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
Some people treat this as if it's a joke.shocked I tell you, it is not a joke!

But, I am not surprised. By their fruits you shall recognise them. And you wonder why true love is so difficult to find?

Out of the heart's abundance, the mouth speaks. Some of the posts are clear reflection of the shallow and loveless nature of their originators!

Folks, better look before you leap. True love is not difficult to identify. From the words coming out of the person's mouth, you can easily tell!grin
Re: Love Is Dead! by Knetpro(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2012

I truly sympathise with you Vivian.

Do not take to heart the harsh remarks in some of these posts. It is people like these who will still confess to you that they are searching for true love when in reality they themselves have nothing tangible whatsoever in terms of true love to bring to the table. angry angry

Just be careful next time. Do not stop believing in love. Remember Celine Dion's song "That's the way it is"? In one of the lines she sang, "Don't give up your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is..."

Continue holding on to your firm belief in the existence of true love and, believe me, you will surely have what it is that you desire WITHOUT FAIL.

Just look at me. Who ever thought that I could find true love?

That is the very reason why I have devoted my entire life helping people in their search for true love. And I created a website specifically for that purpose. You may wish to check it out.

The website URL is http://www.true-love-and-marriage-relationship-advice.com. If you like, you can request a free love relationship advice and you can be sure that you will get my personal attention with all confidentiality and your privacy guaranteed.

If you would like to get a free love relationship advice now, simply use this form. However, if you prefer a more confidential relationship advice, then use this contact form to request for a private and confidential free love relationship advice now.
Re: Love Is Dead! by pendo89(f): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
How many times are people advised here on this NL not to risk doing some things like paying fees for a girl because you are soo much in love?
If you do it,do it but please dont complain if ur dumped. Some girls meet better people along the way and all the good u did is thrown into the garbage.
That's the sad reality.
Maintain a balanced relatioship.Do not take huge risks if you aren't married.

And if things go wrong do not generalise and scream that'all men are evil,all girls are diggers,love is dead, etc.
Nope there are people who reason with their minds not hormones.

(1) (Reply)

Girls...be Warned!!! / Date Ideas / Please Save Me From My Uncle's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.