Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible (23870 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Okorocha Lists Jonathan Sins, Says Buhari Is Nigeria's Madndela / Bamanga Tukur Resigns As PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by LocalChamp: 2:42am On Jul 28, 2012
Subsidy scandal: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur
By Gbade Ogunwale 12 hours 47 minutes ago
Font size:

Bamanga Tukur,

National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has deplored attempts by critics to crucify him for his son’s role in the oil subsidy theft, saying that as an adult, his son is old enough to answer for his actions.

Tukur’s son, Mahmud, is one of the 20 persons standing trial for alleged looting of the Petroleum Support Fund. Mahmud is the Managing Director of Eternal Oil and Gas, one of the companies indicted in the scam.

Speaking through his Special Adviser on Monitoring, Mr. Bernard Mikko, yesterday, the PDP chair said there was no reason to castigate him or diminish his status for his son’s alleged involvement in the scam.

According to the aide, “The anger with which Nigerians vent their venom on corrupt officials or persons can therefore be seen from the standpoint of the angst against corruption or that they would have been the beneficiaries rather than the persons caught.

“This explains why we are quick to try suspects, especially those linked to top government functionaries in media circles, creating frenzy where none exists. Our laws are clear and even a primary school pupil knows we are all presumed innocent until proven otherwise and convicted by a competent court of law”

He continued: “The sons of the past and current PDP chairmen are no exception. Mahmud is the son of Bamanga Tukur, the current PDP national chairman. But since the reported arraignment of the former, the trial seems to have not only shifted from the courts to the media, but also shifted from the son to the father.”

Waxing biblical, Mikko said what is happening in Mahmud’s case contradicts Deuteronomy 24:16, which states that “the father shall not be put to death for his children and the children for their father; every man shall be put to death for his own sins.”

He also quoted from Ezekiel 18:20, which states that “the soul that sineth shall die. The son shall not bear iniquity for his father and neither shall the father bear iniquity for the son.”

Expatiating further, the aide said these biblical verses underscore the point that every individual is accountable for his or her own actions and that a parent cannot take medication to cure his or her child’s ailment.

He went further to make allusions to an uncle to the United States President, Barack Obama, Onyango Obama, who was arrested in Boston, Massachusetts in August 2011 for traffic offences.

Mikko also cited another instance in which President Obama’s aunt, Zeituni, was arrested for alleged immigration offences in April, 2008, pointing out that in none of the cases was President Obama’s reputation impugned upon by the American public.

“In South Korea, a ranking member of parliament and an elder brother to the president of that country, Lee Sang Deuk, was arrested for receiving $525, 000 bribes from chairmen of two troubled saving banks between 2007 and 2011 in return for helping them avoid regulatory audits and punishment.

“The former lawmaker was arrested just about two weeks ago, precisely on July 11, 2012, and his younger brother, Lee Myung Bak, who is also the incumbent president of the Korean Republic, was not dragged into the case as we are seeing in the subsidy trial in Nigeria.

“Corruption as a global phenomenon requires concerted effort by all to mitigate, and the simple way to this is to promptly report or expose all cases of it and allow justice to take its course. Once vendetta or any atom of ill will and malaise is introduced into it, it becomes corruptive in itself and will result in injustice,” the aide emphasised.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/55462-subsidy-scandal%3A-don%E2%80%99t-crucify-me-for-my-son%E2%80%99s-sins%2C-says-bamanga-tukur.html

My Son is an Adult, Bamanga Tukur reacts
On July 27, 2012 · In News
8:04 pm

By Henry Umoru 27-7-12
ABUJA- THE National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur has urged Nigerians not to engage in media trials as the prosecution of his son, Mahmud Tukur and others by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC is on in the fuel subsidy scandal.

Mahmud Tukur and Mamman Nasir Ali

Tukur who also pleaded against jumping into conclusion by Nigerians, stressed that his son, Mahmud Tukur who is the Managing Director of Eterna Oil and Gas is an adult and capable of speaking and defending himself.

The PDP National Chairman’s son is presently facing trial with others alleged involvement in fraudulent management of oil subsidy fund.

Bamanga Tukur stressed that as the case is on, there was no need diminishing his status as a father because of the perceived ‘sins’ of the son, adding that there was no need visiting the son’s sin on him.

According to him, as an adult and managing a publicly quoted firm, the rules and guidelines of all companies are contained in the Deeds of Association of the company and the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/my-son-is-an-adult-bamanga-tukur-reacts/

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Elueme: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2012
Well said... If only every Nigerian ll be this corrigible then this country would have just been on the part of remorse and true reconciliation... As pointed out it will be unfair to use the sin of the son who's a grown adult against him and his party. Also,the company floated by the son is a co-operate and a legal entity... I doubted this trial starting at the first place, so far a new era is being opened in our polity that lawlessness will no longer be treated with kids gloves..
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by juman(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2012
Like father like son.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by FrankC3: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2012
^ How so?
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by IleIfe2(m): 9:55am On Jul 28, 2012
Your son is now an adult abi? Where are those calling for Obasanjo's head when Iyabo was indicted the #10 million scandal.

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param

1 Like

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by slimming: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2012
The junior Tukur should be able to defend himself and the company.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by tpia5: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Fine guys but they shouldnt be getting into this kind of trouble.

Will read the thread later.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by inspirenet: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
slimming: The junior Tukur should be able to defend himself and the company.

cheesy
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by alaoeri: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nigerian money is just revolving around some sets of people, if u can't beat them join them.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Chanchit: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
What a great defence, if he could come out and say that, then i think he's a brave man, if Obasanjo also use that as a defence, we'll have no option that to free him... Tho' i knw Mr Tukur will be pressing some buttons as we speak...
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
They deserve to be kept away for some time. Their fathers plunderd this Nation into the mess we are in today. Now they have taken over. This will not happen in our generation. I refuse to be wasted by the likes of him.

1 Like

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by BabaO2: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
Elueme: Well said... If only every Nigerian ll be this corrigible then this country would have just been on the part of remorse and true reconciliation... As pointed out it will be unfair to use the sin of the son who's a grown adult against him and his party. Also,the company floated by the son is a co-operate and a legal entity... I doubted this trial starting at the first place, so far a new era is being opened in our polity that lawlessness will no longer be treated with kids gloves..
i dont bother to read the nonsense said by Tukur or Ali. Why cant you reason deeper than you have done, do you think these two (Ali and Tukur) will now tell you that the boys are representing them?, but do you realise that they got those slots for their children?, or do you think it is coincidence?. think.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by AlabaSlim: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mayb so cus
d sun is OLD enuf 2 bear his own sin
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by ifihearam: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
In all honesty this is an indication that GEJ is out to crush corruption in this country,he could have stopped the investigation immediately he discovered that the national chairman's son was involved but he was not deterred.
With Gej in charge,there is hope for our country and corruption will be a thing of the past. All who were involved no matter hw highly placed u are,you will be brought to book under the watchful eyes of the president.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by ebamma(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
thank God he is an adult,that means he can survive the harsh environment of kirikiri prisons.

1 Like

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Orikinla(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
[size=28pt]Alhaji, Ranka Dede, But how did you son get the approval from the petroleum ministry? Is it not through your Papa Deceive Pikin (PDP) CRONYISM?[/size] grin

6 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam: In all honesty this is an indication that GEJ is out to crush corruption in this country,he could have stopped the investigation immediately he discovered that the national chairman's son was involved but he was not deterred.
With Gej in charge,there is hope for our country and corruption will be a thing of the past. All who were involved no matter hw highly placed u are,you will be brought to book under the watchful eyes of the president.

[size=28pt]AKAMU!
WHO IS FOOLING WHOM?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Orikinla(m): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
[size=28pt]And the criminals are smiling and joking, because they know they are fooling ignorant Nigerians in their stage-managed political comedy of Papa Deceive Pikin.[/size]
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by brownlord: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
What kind of God are we even serving that just temper iniquity with justice or justice with inequity, God this bastard even back up this demonic and senseless lies with the bible...Nigeria is finishes, a country where a pastor will open defend a criminal at the expense of the public, am not surprise God hv since turn his back on Nigeria as a nation, those praying are just waisting their time, how did the son attain this position in the first place, how old is the Takur, that his son has already attain this height in business if he is not directly responsible for this, hw many graduate roaming the street after leaving school for 10 yrs with good grade, are the children going to be persecuted? how can few people just be fooling about 160M people if we are still up to, the Obama and other he uses as a reference do they condole corruption in their country just as PDP do in Nigeria, what kind of trash is coming out of the mouth of politians in this country

2 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by phadat(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
alaoeri: Nigerian money is just revolving around some sets of people, if u can't beat them join them.
not at all you can't beat them stand apart cos when you join them you are not an agent of change so stand out and stand tall

2 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by brownlord: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam: In all honesty this is an indication that GEJ is out to crush corruption in this country,he could have stopped the investigation immediately he discovered that the national chairman's son was involved but he was not deterred.

Just close your mouth, which GEJ crush curruption, tell me who is free among them, what episode are we not in FL and Otedolar season film, hw come we have not heard anythin, do u actually tink this boys are going to be persecuted? just wait, you see them walk a way like who wants to be a millionair after use their lifeline and judge call their father just like frank would call a friend during the game, nonsense country

1 Like

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by ANYPEN(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Well, no one is asking for your head. ofcourse, its not constitutional that you take responsibility of your matured son's misdeeds but it is morally right that your name is mentioned & mentioned clearly.

This question is very important in yoruba land no matter how old you are "omo baba ta ni onse?" cause history is well cherished here.

Your son is simply a thief because you taught him how to steal directly or indirectly......live with that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Chubhie: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
The son should be man enough to face the music joor...But wait wasn't the father aware when the son was busy scamming our collective commonwealth.

The son must have cashed in on his fathers influence to be able to have a shot at the national cake.Now a window has been opened for your political enemies to

feast on you Mr Bamanga and now you are publicly denying your son....join papa put if both are found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Beaf1: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
Why are these criminals laughing? even the EFCC guy is smiling. Phucking ediats!
You are fooling yourselves.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Olanlere11: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
Well, this will further boost transparency and fairnesss in the trial. Individual responsibility at work. That is, u must be held accountable for ur actions. PDP is desmostrating commitment to good governance
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by ifihearam: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
brownlord:

Just close your mouth, which GEJ crush curruption, tell me who is free among them, what episode are we not in FL and Otedolar season film, hw come we have not heard anythin, do u actually tink this boys are going to be persecuted? just wait, you see them walk a way like who wants to be a millionair after use their lifeline and judge call their father just like frank would call a friend during the game, nonsense country

They will be prosecuted and jailed if found guilty
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by BabaO2: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam:

They will be prosecuted and jailed if found guilty
i doubt. Nigeria law is the best course to make money, how i wish .....,
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by ogalanya(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
But Bamanga Tukur is the chairman of the board. Unless they have changed him yesterday.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hang him,please.
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Beaf: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
Bamangar Tukurs defense is in order, let his son defend himself.

I demand just one thing from the people. Let us burn the phucking place down if these trials do not produce the required results. cool
I have always believed in GEJ and it is beginning to pay of big, lets get behind him, cos he can't do it alone.

Fresh Air! cool
Re: Don’t crucify me for my son’s sins, says Bamanga Tukur. Quotes Bible by Beaf: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beaf!:
Why are these criminals laughing? even the EFCC guy is smiling. Phucking ediats!
You are fooling yourselves.

You should be the one feeling like a fool for impersonating me. Is your d.i.c.k that tiny?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Governors Wives Meet In Borno (Photos) / Ugwuanyi Offers Automatic Employment To Christian Chukwu’s Son / Buhari Meet British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, Discuss Insecurity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.