Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site (10655 Views)

Toyin Saraki Represents Aisha Buhari At African First Ladies Meeting (Photos) / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by mukina2: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2012
The permanent site for the proposed African First Ladies Peace Mission Secretariat, which would be built Abuja, is to gulp the sum of $50 million, while another $553,300 has been budgeted for the maintenance of the secretariat between the year 2012 and 2014

The Abuja summit, which attracted African first ladies also re-elected Nigeria First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan as its President for the next two years.

In a communiqué issue at the end of it two- day summit in Abuja yesterday, African First Ladies urged members to endeavour to meet their financial obligations to the secretariat to ensure adequate funding for its activities.

Members however lamented the inability of African women to use their great potentials to for the prevention and resolution of incessant conflicts in the continent, but added that African first ladies should work towards reversing the trend.

The communiqué equally called for the removal of barriers against women, saying such would enable them unleash their full potentials in promoting peace in the African continent.

In a closing remarks, Nigeria First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan noted that incessant conflicts in African has not only claimed many innocent life, but has equally put a hold on development efforts in the continent.

Dame Jonathan commended her colleagues for contributions during the summit, also called on the first ladies to always reflect on the strategies set in achieving their goals .

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/31005/2012/07/28/african_first_ladies_secretariat_gulp_50m.html
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by VoodooDoll(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2012
$50m or N8bn. Is This from the same govt that cannot implement a budget? Please tell me it's not from tax payers' resources, and that NGOs are raising the funds privately!

N8bn on a daft and wasteful project which should have been dead on arrival, with the person that proposed it summarily dismissed.

N8bn is a good percentage of the federal budget for essential projects and a multiple of primary infrastructure that's currently absent.

If this was being spent on a maternity hospital, that would have been different.

I say again, GEJ cannot tell the difference between his elbow and his buttocks. Clueless from the start, in a clueless fashion will he finish.

6 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Pataki: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
I am sure that foolish dedeike is going to add this news to the list of accomplishment achieved by president Retardeen.

- Building a African First Ladies Secretariat - retardeen the apron wrapper.

4 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ebamma(m): 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
imagine the waste,when many nigerian are wallowing in poverty,May the almighty God save us from this Goodluck jonathan alias i had no shoes.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ebamma(m): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
at first i thought Patience jonathan was a joke is now i realized she was the joker.

2 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Uchenna42(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Really
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ebamma(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Arise o compatriots,Nigeria calls obey,to serve our fatherland with love and strength and faith,the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cbaba: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
i cant wait to touch and stay out of touch! C-babs relax!
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by brownlord: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
mukina2:

The permanent site for the proposed African First Ladies Peace Mission Secretariat, which would be built Abuja, is to gulp the sum of $50 million, while another $553,300 has been budgeted for the maintenance of the secretariat between the year 2012 and 2014

The Abuja summit, which attracted African first ladies also re-elected Nigeria First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan as its President for the next two years.

In a communiqué issue at the end of it two- day summit in Abuja yesterday, African First Ladies urged members to endeavour to meet their financial obligations to the secretariat to ensure adequate funding for its activities.

Members however lamented the inability of African women to use their great potentials to for the prevention and resolution of incessant conflicts in the continent, but added that African first ladies should work towards reversing the trend.

The communiqué equally called for the removal of barriers against women, saying such would enable them unleash their full potentials in promoting peace in the African continent.

In a closing remarks, Nigeria First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan noted that incessant conflicts in African has not only claimed many innocent life, but has equally put a hold on development efforts in the continent.

Dame Jonathan commended her colleagues for contributions during the summit, also called on the first ladies to always reflect on the strategies set in achieving their goals .

WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM, PLUS THE 200 CARS, AM WAITING FOR BILLONAIRE AND DEDEIKE
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by idirect(m): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eight Billion Naira Only undecided
Retardeeness abeg add 2b

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by gegee(m): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Una mumu o already jumping to conclusions which part of this report said that nigeria is goin to fund the project ? Its an NGO for gods sake. The report says all members are to contribute their own qoata....... The president and his wife must be insulted anyway

4 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Chubhie: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
Damn too much money dey this country o.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
gegee: Na mumu o already jumping to conclusions which part of this report said that nigeria is goin to fund the project ? Its an NGO for gods sake. The report says all members are to contribute their own qoata....... The president and his wife must be insulted anyway

And being the president, you know how much Madam Patience will demand from FG for this crap?

3 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by alaoeri: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
Here ωε go again why will a right thinking nigerian won't gö against this, of what benefit 'll this project be to the general masses that such amount is wasted on it & come to think of it the project 'll either be unaccomplish or won't be of any use after 2014 and some nigerians 'll be supporting this act. Chai pity 9ja.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wait people, before y'all insult away, did the report say it was Nigeria that would build the secretariat? Let's be objective, the secretariat is for all Africans and as such it is the responsibility of the association not Nigeria to build and maintain such. The only thing is that Nigeria is HOSTING the location but I think the building will be the contribution of all member states

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by chucky234(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
gegee: Una mumu o already jumping to conclusions which part of this report said that nigeria is goin to fund the project ? Its an NGO for gods sake. The report says all members are to contribute their own qoata....... The president and his wife must be insulted anyway
You must be living under Olumo rock to post that scrap above,clueless moronic goon
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by chucky234(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
josh4ever: Wait people, before y'all insult away, did the report say it was Nigeria that would build the secretariat? Let's be objective, the secretariat is for all Africans and as such it is the responsibility of the association not Nigeria to build and maintain such. The only thing is that Nigeria is HOSTING the location but I think the building will be the contribution of all member states
PEJ is the president of the First Lady Peace Mission and expected to contribute 50% of the estimated N8bn, were is the N4bn coming from?

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Dotman01(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
''$553,300 has been
budgeted for the maintenance
of the secretariat between the
year 2012 and 2014''
Imagine close to 90million naira for maintenance?
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by onatisi(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
gegee: Una mumu o already jumping to conclusions which part of this report said that nigeria is goin to fund the project ? Its an NGO for gods sake. The report says all members are to contribute their own qoata....... The president and his wife must be insulted anyway
and in ur own wise wisdom who do u think will carry the lion share ,why should they site it here in nigeria simply becos other african govt knows that it is a stupid project so why dont they give it to the fools who dont know how to spend wisely,or do u think they like nigeria so much?and u think any reasonable african govt will contribute meaning finncial amount to that project?if anyone thinks that then that person is not only a fool but a totally complete undiluted one.i trust my gej in order to make his wife happy so as not to slap him in the bedroom he will carry the lion share.i sometimes wonder how we came to find ourselves in this situation

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Dotman01(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
chucky234: PEJ is the president of the First Lady Peace Mission and expected to contribute 50% of the estimated N8bn, were is the N4bn coming from?
and am very sure nigeria's govt is going to be d one paying 4 d maintenance money,
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ypzilanti: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
Is it not the foolish legislooters that are supposed to cross this one out of the nations budget? Why are they even still budgeting money to office of first lady sef?
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
Who will be the owner of the building after this tenure?

The Truth

This is one way for madam to use tax payer money for her family project.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ypzilanti: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
Do you know we sent presidential private jet to pick up the president of malawi for the party in abuja?

A woman who put her country's private jet on sale as one of her first executive orders when she came into power.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by smile4kenn(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
Indications emerged yesterday in Abuja at the ongoing African First Ladies Peace Summit that Corporate Nigeria, an amalgamation of multi-national companies operating in the country are to fund the proposed African First Ladies’ Peace Centre in Abuja.

Nigerian First Lady and Chairperson of the group, Dame Patience Jonathan said the donation by the companies is a resolve by the group to the course of sustainable peace in the continent.

Mrs. Jonathan listed some of the companies to PW Construction, Arab Contractors, First Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Access Bank, Setraco Construction, ZeRock Construction, RCC, Reynolds Construction among others.

She told the audience that some of the donors who had pledged to assist in the construction of the edifice demanded that their identity should not be made public. The project cost is put at about $50 million (about N8 billion).

A representative of Setraco Construction who spoke on the behalf of other donors said the project located at the centre of Abuja when completed will cater for most of the activities the African First Ladies, such as secretariat, offices, restaurants, exhibition centers and parking space.

Also, President of Malawi, Joyce Banda in a statement urged the forum to use their enormous influence with the corridors of power in the continent to ensure that peace reins.

According to Banda, “it is very unfortunate that modern Africa has become synonymous with suffering and in most cases; this is due to internal conflicts that could easily be avoided if we all take a role, using our various positions in militating against conflicts.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-foreign-companies-donate-n8bn-to-african-first-ladies-peace-centre/121012/
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cheddarking(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Damn....

This is the sort of news that can incite the masses to rise up against this Government.

WTF is African First Ladies Secretariat?

Why is there a need for a Hq for the women Fccking the Presidents of Africa?

Jesus! I'm so pissed off now...WTF is all this Shyte na?

Kini Gbogbo This? angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2012

Ode with chicken brain

You stick with the official report instead for you to use your brain.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by crackhouse(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

And being the president, you know how much Madam Patience will demand from FG for this crap?
do u think govt is run by one person?. How do u think money will release for that kind thing, is it in the budget? Let's wait till 2012 budget is passed.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by onatisi(m): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
ypzilanti: Is it not the foolish legislooters that are supposed to cross this one out of the nations budget? Why are they even still budgeting money to office of first lady sef?

i no blame patience ,i blame myself and others that voted for this guy,if i had know i would have even voted for apga or any other party tht i know cant win.this is a sheer waste of time.in this time of global recession patience goodluck is awarding multibillion naira project,collecting salary without working,been made perm sec without working in any ministry.who the hell is ruling sef ?can someone pls tell me my head is cracking here

2 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cheddarking(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
smile4kenn:

A representative of Setraco Construction who spoke on the behalf of other donors said the project located at the centre of Abuja when completed will cater for most of the activities the African First Ladies, such as secretariat, offices, restaurants, exhibition centers and parking space.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-foreign-companies-donate-n8bn-to-african-first-ladies-peace-centre/121012/

Can you imagine what all that Money is going to fund?
secretariat, offices, restaurants, exhibition centers and parking space

PEJ is a thief and should be brutally murdered...

This is so insulting to my sensibilities.... angry angry angry
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
cheddarking: Damn....

This is the sort of news that can incite the masses to rise up against this Government.

WTF is African First Ladies Secretariat?

Why is there a need for a Hq for the women Fccking the Presidents of Africa?

Jesus! I'm so pissed off now...WTF is all this Shyte na?

Kini Gbogbo This? angry angry angry angry angry angry
dont let docile people like nuclearboy and danwo tell you that you are angry because of personal circumstances in your life. as far as they are concerned you should ignore all the atrocities in the country so long as your own life is fine. let the over 100 million starving nigerians fend for themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador / EFCC To Appeal Court Order Asking Zenith Bank To Defreeze Fayose’s Accounts / Ismaila Yakubu Agba Killed In Kogi (APC Youth Leader)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.