Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development (1229 Views)

Residents Scoop Fuel As Tanker Crashes Along Lagos-ibadan Road. Photos / Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Euroclydon(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
The Federal Government has set up a project delivery team to rework the concession of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway redevelopment as the construction period agreed to in the contract with the preferred bidder, Bicourtney Limited expires in a year’s time.

Minster of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen stated this during the week, explaining that, “it is true that in September 2009, the Federal Government went into a concession agreement with Bicourtney Limited, the successful concessionaire for that expressway and the construction period was expected to last for about four years under the terms of the contract agreement. That agreement still stands and operative, but we know that the concession has not gone the way that we contemplated and, as we speak, the Federal Government is not resting but is working to ensure that road is delivered under whatever arrangement.”

He said three weeks ago, a project delivery team for that road was set up and that he inaugurated a project steering committee for the road on Wednesday, this week.

“This time unlike in 2009, during the build-up to that concession agreement when we did not have a transaction adviser, we now have a transaction adviser on that particular road and it is a firm that has performed that role in many successful concessions around the world; in South Africa, East Africa, in Asia, Europe and America.

"So, we are availing ourselves of the best professional expertise that you can ever have in this kind of transaction to help ensure the Federal Government gets the best with that particular concession, because that particular road ought to be the flag ship of all road concessions in this country.”

Thus, the government, he said was still determine to ensure that the road concession worked. “I want to assure you that even before the expiration of the four-year construction period contemplated in the original agreement with Bicourtney, the way forward would have been found with that particular concession and the end result would be the expansion and beautification of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway in such a way that it will serve the needs of Nigerian road users

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-prepares-to-takeover-lagos-ibadan-road-redevelopment/120980/
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by floriana(m): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
Na today?
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Euroclydon(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
So who was doing it before? lagos state? or who?
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by onatisi(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
total rubbish,ordinary road construction they dont even know how to start after 3years they now realise they need a transaction adviser for a multi billion naira project.ibadan to i lorin hasnt been completed after 12years !foolish theives
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Euroclydon(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
My Brother Onatisi...no vex... make dem start first make we see.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by onatisi(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Euroclydon: My Brother Onatisi...no vex... make dem start first make we see.
my man just imagine to start a road project it is taking them 3years,just to start o,?how many years will they finish it?maybe 20 years.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
onatisi:
my man just imagine to start a road project it is taking them 3years,just to start o,?how many years will they finish it?maybe 20 years.

It boggles my mind what still happens in Nigeria. Over 90% of these road projects are rehabilitation/rebuild works oh. No be work wey dem need to cut down trees, etc. For.

I dey here this summer, in less than one month, many of the roads here in Chicago were re-built. I am talking cement refilled, and re-tarred. The road right next to my place here. if you see the speed wey dem take do this work, no joke. They basically uprooted everything as the workers had to, I think put new pipes and repair the underground gutters and stuff. We are talking huge holes dug up on the roads and all fixed in less than a month.

The pace of work in Nigeria still in the stone age, and people still accept this. That is what ticks me the most.

1 Like

Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by alaoeri: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
Can't understand what he's saying, bicourtney has done nothing other than mounting a bill board near ishagamu interchange despite the huge amount of money used in signing contract with them. This just a piece of crap to shows that the government is working SMH na today. undecided
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
alaoeri: Can't understand what he's saying, bicourtney has done nothing other than mounting a bill board near ishagamu interchange despite the huge amount of money used in signing contract with them. This just a piece of crap to shows that the government is working SMH na today. undecided
make ur point clear ,are u saying that govt is doing the right thing or what?
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by olowo200: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Lagos and Ibadan express way as it is called is an avenue for generating money into their own pocket by any work and housing minister d construction as been on since shagari regime just tell the person in power that u needed money to construct d road create a bogus construction company once the money is paid tell the contractor to just patch patch d road and u have will have enough money spend that road will still be like that in twenty yrs time
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by sheyguy: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
FG to take over . . .
If i may ask from who exactly? To the best of my knowledge roads linking state capitals are Federal road. I think the this a cheap attempt to rubbish ACN dominated state government.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Beaf: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
sheyguy: FG to take over . . .
If i may ask from who exactly? To the best of my knowledge roads linking state capitals are Federal road. I think the this a cheap attempt to rubbish ACN dominated state government.

How bro? Does ACN own Bicourtney Limited? Any paranoia is misplaced.

The Minister is simply saying that Bicourtney has underperformed and is being shoved into the long grass, while the FG takes over directly. I believe the Bicourtney nonsense came about only because the Late President Yar Adua was ill.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
Have the legal issues around the concession been resolved?
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by EkoIle1: 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
This is nothing but another silly, meaningless and vague talk by these useless clowns. They know how to uses dumb words like hope to, plan to, look into considering and other nonsensical rubbish.Obviously, this road is another one of their get rich quick project.

Even road committee never ready report, the road report review committee is still reviewing the report of the house committee after Odechukwu Retardeen go set up fresh committee to review and carry out reports from all the committee...
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by sheyguy: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beaf:

How bro? Does ACN own Bicourtney Limited? Any paranoia is misplaced.

The Minister is simply saying that Bicourtney has underperformed and is being shoved into the long grass, while the FG takes over directly. I believe the Bicourtney nonsense came about only because the Late President Yar Adua was ill.
. . . and it has to be ACN ruled state, especially with the way the topic is framed.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by dedeike: 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eko Ile: This is nothing but another silly, meaningless and vague talk by these useless clowns. They know how to uses dumb words like hope to, plan to, look into considering and other nonsensical rubbish.Obviously, this road is another one of their get rich quick project.

Even road committee never ready report, the road report review committee is still reviewing the report of the house committee after Odechukwu Retardeen go set up fresh committee to review and carry out reports from all the committee...

This your ranting about committees pale into insignificance in the face of glaring evidence of results. You said the same thing about AIG committee but today their report provides the basis upon which the trial of oil subsidy cabal has started.

Secondly, no body is using " hope to" to build roads under GEJ. Work is in progress on so many roads while some have been completed.
The roads include Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by EkoIle1: 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
^^^^ please save your re##tard....ed lies and mumu talk for your fellow Reterdeen.

Even sef, I fit swear for you for quoting me with that trash.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by ochukoccna: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Do you need a panel or any consultant to cancel a non performing contract?
A road that connects to many Nigerian cities East,West,South,North?
Do we need TB Josh see a vision about Babalakin&his company been incompetent?
Anyway,he's connected in high places so this thrash we are force fed with
PDP @ the centre has been an unmitigated disaster this past 13 years
They dominate the National Assembly&have produced our C-in-C's yet the country could only join the league of failed/failing states
Shame
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Mowire: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
The headline is actually misleading: There is no mention of FG taking over directly in that article. It sounds more like intention to renegotiate a badly conceived concession to me.
And that minister is a clown: Is he not the same person that said that his ministry and Bi-Courtney had only just reached an agreed final design late last year?

I think FG should just give the South African partner Bi-Courtney brought the guarantee they requested. That tolling will not be made near impossible as it was the case with the Lekki-Epe expressway is a major consideration for any would be road concessionaire in Nigeria today.

On the other hand, this same FG has not done anything at all to make the alternative routes of Ikorodu-Ijebu ode and Ikorodu-Shagamu roads motorable in the same space 3yrs into this bedeviled agreement.
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by Boeing412: 1:51am On Jul 29, 2012
Its long over due abeg!Dat roads a death trap, same as so many others
Re: FG Prepares To Takeover Lagos-ibadan Road Re-development by splitz(m): 6:41am On Aug 13, 2012
SPLENDOR WEARS
We make out best outfits in fashion world for clients(Both male and female), we are very good with ankara, kente, woodin, ankara, batik, brocade and other fabrics and we assure you that your dress would be made very well to fit your beautiful body shapes
We are specialized in following areas
*WEDDING GOWNS
*ANKARA
*KENTE
*WOODIN
*BRIDAL WEARS
*SKIRT & BLOUSE
*FLOWING GOWN
*WEARS FOR LITTLE TREASURES (AGES WITHIN 6MONTHS TO 6YRS)
*BATIK
*BROCADE
*NATIVE WEARS
*MEN SUITS

We offer trainings to people who would like to make out the best outfit to their clients for more info call us on 08099209941 and 08036675224
SPLENDOR WEARS
Dress making is our business

(1) (Reply)

Why I Won't Come Near Nigeria (1) / Is Sullivan Chime Dead? / The City Of Portharcourt Deserves More Attention As A Regional Hq From Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.