Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! (1251 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) / My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by luke4top: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hello nairalanders, thank your advice on my last post. A friend of mine needs your advice.
My friend told me dat, his father abandon him and his mother when he was a year old. The mother took sole responsibility of him, till university level. He got to find out that the mother had changed his name, so he bears his mother maiden name. The father is from Imo while the mother is from Akwa ibom. This makes him from Akwa ibom, also he can only understand ibibio. According to him, when he gain admission to university he went to see his dad for support but he rendered no help now he is a graduate and all his certificate carrys his mother's maiden name. He said he does not want to change his name since his international passport carrys dis name, he asked anything wrong as he is about to get married. Fathers and mothers your adice is needed!
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
luke4top: Hello nairalanders, thank your advice on my last post. A friend of mine needs your advice.
My friend told me dat, his father abandon him and his mother when he was a year old. The mother took sole responsibility of him, till university level. He got to find out that the mother had changed his name, so he bears his mother maiden name. The father is from Imo while the mother is from Akwa ibom. This makes him from Akwa ibom, also he can only understand ibibio. According to him, when he gain admission to university he went to see his dad for support but he rendered no help now he is a graduate and all his certificate carrys his mother's maiden name. He said he does not want to change his name since his international passport carrys dis name, he asked anything wrong as he is about to get married. Fathers and mothers your adice is needed!

Well, since the father essentially abdicated his role when he was a kid, the mother did the right thing. Your friend is not wrong to bear his mother's name since technically, the mother was the only father/mother figure he had growing up.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by toyoC1(f): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
I know that mostly 'bastards' and illegitimate children do this.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by luke4top: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
@toyo c - what do u mean dat only ' bastards' do this. Mind you the father recognise the guy as his son. He accepts the boy as his son, but no support from him. Even the guy visits him once in a while. The only issue is dat the father does not know dat he has a brillant son and son does not even knows what he likes. They world apart, just answering dad and son. So explain what u meant in your post
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
toyo C: I know that mostly 'bastards' and illegitimate children do this.

In this day and age, you still call children born to an unmarried mother bastards? SMH.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by k4kenny(f): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
i wanted to say HECK NO! whwn i first read the topic.but reading the post, i changed my mind. nothing wrong in bearing the mun's surname under that situation. happens a lot in the west.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by luke4top: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2012
But guys, what happens when the guy wants to get married? He doesnt even know his fathers home town, only his mother? The guy is worried and still insist he is not changing his surname and place of origin.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Answering Your Mother's Maiden Name! by Kobojunkie: 9:13am On Sep 06, 2012
luke4top: But guys, what happens when the guy wants to get married? He doesnt even know his fathers home town, only his mother? The guy is worried and still insist he is not changing his surname and place of origin.

What does a man need his father's home town for when he is getting married? If the insists he is not changing his surname of place of origin, why are you making a fuzz for him?

(1) (Reply)

Biologicol Mother.vs.stepmother: / Nothing Bad Having A Child Outside Marriage- Bimbo Akintola / When There Is Life There Is Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.