Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385944 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:15am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emychukwu: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello house pls help me here, jst bot a 307 from a military man, everytin is gud shape bt diaz a lil p..wen I press d lock botton, its lock and open back..I discovered dat d boot catcher is bad which I changed bt d same problem..pls can someone give me a lead on wot to do cos d boot can't pen, it was discovered dat d current isn't getting to d boot catcher..thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
emychukwu: Hello house pls help me here, jst bot a 307 from a military man, everytin is gud shape bt diaz a lil p..wen I press d lock botton, its lock and open back..I discovered dat d boot catcher is bad which I changed bt d same problem..pls can someone give me a lead on wot to do cos d boot can't pen, it was discovered dat d current isn't getting to d boot catcher..thanks

Since you dont have PP2000 (which it seems), I would advice you reset BSI unit. We recently discussed how to reset BSI in the house. You will find it.

Hope no wrong connection has been done on that car electrical system? Try the reset first.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ikenna great work you are doing on here. Kindly assist with the info on dis vin no VF32ANFZE40421479. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Obose: 3:42am On Jul 08, 2013
Hi peugeot lovers, pls i need urgent help. my nephew have damaged the transducer key for my 206CC and now the key no longer starts the car. I have been told that I need a new key and after buying the new key, it will have to be programmed. I dont even know where to start from. anyone with useful information please. and where can i buy/program the key? what information is required for programming, etc??
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2013
Obose: Hi peugeot lovers, pls i need urgent help. my nephew have damaged the transducer key for my 206CC and now the key no longer starts the car. I have been told that I need a new key and after buying the new key, it will have to be programmed. I dont even know where to start from. anyone with useful information please. and where can i buy/program the key? what information is required for programming, etc??
Thanks.

With PP2000, you can recode a new transducer to work with your BSI.

I don't understand what you mean by "damaged the transducer"? Is the transducer still inside the plip? How was it damaged?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2013
madey1302: Ikenna great work you are doing on here. Kindly assist with the info on dis vin no VF32ANFZE40421479. Thanks

The number is incorrect.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 7:10am On Jul 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

The number is incorrect.

Ikenna.

VF32ANFZE40421479. That is the VIN no for the Peugeot 206. Tnx
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2013
madey1302:

VF32ANFZE40421479. That is the VIN no for the Peugeot 206. Tnx

Again, the database is reporting "Unknown Vehicle".

Go back to the car, check and be sure you got the number right.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

Again, the database is reporting "Unknown Vehicle".

Go back to the car, check and be sure you got the number right.

Ikenna

Bill of Laden is here with me. Copied it right from it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2013
madey1302:

Bill of Laden is here with me. Copied it right from it.

Sorry, i just tried it with my mobile phone and it validated the VIN. I wouldnt know why it wouldnt work via my laptop. Anyway, i have gotten the details. Will post the details soon.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 9:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

Sorry, i just tried it with my mobile phone and it validated the VIN. I wouldnt know why it wouldnt work via my laptop. Anyway, i have gotten the details. Will post the details soon.

Ikenna.

Thanks Bro!!! Keep up the great work. You re blessed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2013
madey1302: Ikenna great work you are doing on here. Kindly assist with the info on dis vin no VF32ANFZE40421479. Thanks

Details below:

1. Vehicle family: 206, 5 door saloon.

2. Warranty start date: 01/01/1990 (I think this date is wrong, since 206 productuon started in 1998).

3. Build code: 08267 88 2 0680.

4. BER: e2*93/81*0171*01.

5. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

6. Trim Level: XT.

7. Engine: TU5 JP, 1.6 L, 90 hp.

8. Transmission: 5-speed manual gearbox, BVM5.

9. Body colour: Rosemary Green.

10. Fuel filler cap: Fuel cap without lock.

11. Cylinder block (material): Crankcase cast iron.

12. Fuel: Lead free petrol.

13. Engine type: TU.

14. Fan: 2 Two-speed 250W fans.

15. Tyre (size,type): 175/65 R14 H tyres.

16. Wheel (type): Alloy wheels.

17. ABS: with ABS brakes.

18. Steering: Unvariable power steering.

19. Brake type: Ventilated front discs/Rear drums.

20. Suspension: Normal suspension.

21. Aerial: Long front Aerial.

22. Side mouldings: Dyed sidelamps.

23. Exterior rearview mirrow: Manual-fold back.

24. Windscreen wiper: Front wiper with rain sensor.

25. Rear screen wiper: Available.

26. Headlamp wiper: Not available.

27. Front Foglamp: Available.

28. Exterior rearview mirror (Driver's side): Electric control.

29. Exterior rearview mirror (Passenger's side): Non heated electric control.

30. Climate (Ambient temperature): Cold countries.

31. Radio controls: Remote Radio control without CD function.

32. Compact disc (rear): Without.

33. Heating element: Non heated seat.

34. Front lateral airbags: Without front side airbags.

35. Driver's airbag: Available.

36. Passenger's airbag: Available.

37. Airbag deactivation: Manual airbag deactivation.

38. Central locking: Available.

39. Steering wheel: Rubber steering wheel 3 branch.

40. Alternator: 70 Amp.

41. Special headlamp: Single Optic lamps.

42. Speed monitoring: Without speed check.

43. Set of keys: 1 HF Plip key + 1 single main key.

44. Etc.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Thnx
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emychukwu: 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
Thanks ikenna, I had already taken d car to a lion coy here in ph and dey also said sometin about d bsi..bt dey jst called for an activation code I don't know about..pls wia do I get dt from? Jst called d man I got d car from and he said he doesn't have it
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Obose: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

With PP2000, you can recode a new transducer to work with your BSI.

I don't understand what you mean by "damaged the transducer"? Is the transducer still inside the plip? How was it damaged?

Ikenna

Hi Ikenna, thanks a lot. sorry i meant to say "damaged the key" not the transducer. the kid was playing with the key and opened it and i was told there is supposed to be a small black chip inside the key which is no longer there so i guess the chip is the transducer and its no longer in the plip?? also please i dont understand "PP2000" what does this mean? finally please do you know where I can get a new key programmed?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by deovansa: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ikenna weldon 4 the good job.pls help me check this VIN VF38BRFVP80280427.tanx in anticipation
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
Obose:

Hi Ikenna, thanks a lot. sorry i meant to say "damaged the key" not the transducer. the kid was playing with the key and opened it and i was told there is supposed to be a small black chip inside the key which is no longer there so i guess the chip is the transducer and its no longer in the plip?? also please i dont understand "PP2000" what does this mean? finally please do you know where I can get a new key programmed?

Thanks a lot.

Ok.

Brand new 406 Plip (with remote and transponder) is available here in Abuja where i buy parts at Area 3, Garki. Its 13k. Will call the guy tomorrow morning and see if he has 206 plip. Will get back to you tomorrow.

PP2000 (Peugeot Planet 2000) is a special Peugeot scan tool. It does more than just scanning. Its a must tool for any Peugeot owner.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2013
Hi Ikenna,
Hope you are doing fine, please i need ur advice, i want buy peugeot but am kind of contemplating which one is d least problamatic between 406 and 407,i am going for manual transmission dat am certn,can u please advise me,i will apriciat if u respond quick bec i have d two available now frm d same agent nd i dont want him to get tired of waiting.
Thanks ikenna...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2013
elbashyr: Hi Ikenna,
Hope you are doing fine, please i need ur advice, i want buy peugeot but am kind of contemplating which one is d least problamatic between 406 and 407,i am going for manual transmission dat am certn,can u please advise me,i will apriciat if u respond quick bec i have d two available now frm d same agent nd i dont want him to get tired of waiting.
Thanks ikenna...

I believe you are the one i just spoke with on the phone. Get the VIN, send or post it here, to confirm the engine and driving position of the car.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Obose:

Thanks a lot.

I spoke with the guy this morning. He said 206 & 406 plip are the same. New one is 13k.

You can only program the new transponder to work with the car BSI with PP2000 or at any Peugeot dealership (i believe they its PP2000 they will still use). Find anyone around where you stay with PP2000 to program the transponder for you. Or you do it at dealership, which will cost arm.

Do you have the car confidential card? The BSI will request for the security codes hidden on the card to program the new transponder. Peugeot dealership can get you the security codes, i think. But you will have to prove that the car is yours, and pay for that too.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Obose: 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

I spoke with the guy this morning. He said 206 & 406 plip are the same. New one is 13k.

You can only program the new transponder to work with the car BSI with PP2000 or at any Peugeot dealership (i believe they its PP2000 they will still use). Find anyone around where you stay with PP2000 to program the transponder for you. Or you do it at dealership, which will cost arm.

Do you have the car confidential card? The BSI will request for the security codes hidden on the card to program the new transponder. Peugeot dealership can get you the security codes, i think. But you will have to prove that the car is yours, and pay for that too.

Ikenna

Thanks Ikenna. I live in PH but am currently out of town. I will try to find someone to program it for me, or can your guy do it? I could send the money to him and he can do it and send to me.

Please check with your guy if he can do it.

Secondly, I dont have the car confidential card unfortunately and I am not close to any peugeot dealership here. I do have the vehicle papers showing that the car is mine but since I did not buy it brand new, the license and change of ownership is all I have to prove ownership as required by FRSC.

Please let me know if your guy can help, I will be willing to pay for the key to be programmed and for the codes if there is a suitable dealership there in Abuja.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. You are a life saver.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Obose:

Thanks Ikenna. I live in PH but am currently out of town. I will try to find someone to program it for me, or can your guy do it? I could send the money to him and he can do it and send to me.

Please check with your guy if he can do it.

Secondly, I dont have the car confidential card unfortunately and I am not close to any peugeot dealership here. I do have the vehicle papers showing that the car is mine but since I did not buy it brand new, the license and change of ownership is all I have to prove ownership as required by FRSC.

Please let me know if your guy can help, I will be willing to pay for the key to be programmed and for the codes if there is a suitable dealership there in Abuja.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. You are a life saver.

It cant be done off the car via pp2000. It has to be done with the BSI unit connected to the pp2000 in the car. The BSI will request for the security codes during the programming. If its not the coded number in the BSI, it will reject it. Conitnuous attempt may force the BSI to lock the engine ECU, since it will see it as unauthorised owner trying to steal the car. You need that security codes.

Its possible that it can be done off the car, but not with pp2000. I believe PAN can make copies of the key as many as you want and send to you, when you order for it via dealerships. But its likely to be only for PAN productions, not imported/tokunbo. With your proof that the car belongs to you and your VIN, i believe the dealerships can make it happen. But the key plip will be ordered from Kaduna, though. A neighbour had a similar problem (lost his PAN 307 keys) and he did exactly what i said above viw ASD motors here at Area 10, Abuja. Weeks later, his keys arrived. I think he said he ordered for 3 copies. The only thing i didnt asked him was if they still programmed the plips before he could use them. We have more than 3 Peugeot dealerships here in Abuja, I think.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emychukwu: 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pls I was told dat I need to replac my BSI, who has got idea how much it could go for..307..I dnt knw y some chats r being ignored here
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
de ovansa: Ikenna weldon 4 the good job.pls help me check this VIN VF38BRFVP80280427.tanx in anticipation

Find details below:

1. Vehicle family: 406, 4 door Saloon, D8.

2. Warranty start date: 27/01/1997.

3. Engine: XU10 J4R, 2.0 L, 16v, 135 hp.

4. Transmission: 4-speed Auto gearbox, BVA4.

5. Body colour: Sherwood Green.

6. Badge: ST.

7. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

If you need the rest of the car details/characteristics, indicate so that I can send them to you via PM.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
emychukwu: Pls I was told dat I need to replac my BSI, who has got idea how much it could go for..307..I dnt knw y some chats r being ignored here

Have you tried the BSI reset earlier suggested to you?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
kadbus: hello house,
after connecting back d vacuum hose i thought dat would fixed d high rev issue but i was wrong. I researched on dis issue and finds out it was d steper dat was covered with carbon. So i cleaned it with carb cleaner, replaced it back and after dis d high rev stopped.

The Stepper Motor? Hmm! What was I thinking? I forgot to add that to things too check. My D9 (ES9J4S) doesn't have IAC or Stepper Motor, so I was stating I would troubleshoot the issue, if it were to be my ES9J4S. But if it was my ZN3J, it would be the first I would check. Good that you have fixed the issue.

Now, did you lubricate the Stepper motor after cleaning it with carb cleaner? If not, the problem may re-surface soon, worst than it was before. The inside of the motor is suppose to be oily a little bit, to prevent the valve from being sticky and gets stuck open. That's what a dried IAC would do, which I want to believe Stepper motor would do too, since its doing the function IAC does. I would pull it out, drop small oil inside it or spray in WD-40 and mount it back, if I were you.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2013
Mr. Ikenna goodmorning. kindly confirm if it is nice i remove the thermostat for my 206. Also i realise that the fan only works when the a/c is on even at that it works for probably 30secs and goes off and picks up again after 1-2mins. Kindly advice.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2013
madey1302: Mr. Ikenna goodmorning. kindly confirm if it is nice i remove the thermostat for my 206. Also i realise that the fan only works when the a/c is on even at that it works for probably 30secs and goes off and picks up again after 1-2mins. Kindly advice.

Good morning.

Please, leave the thermostat as it is. You only need to replace it when it has failed.

If your temperature guage is not going beyond 90 C, leave your cooling system as it is. Dont create problem for yourself.

Notwithstanding, you can test the thermostat to know if its still ok. We have discussed how to test t-stat via the 2 radiator hoses severally in the house. Check the previous pages, you will find it.

I want to believe your fans dont work only when the A/C is on. It takes fan(s) more than 30 mins to start spinning when A/C is off. If you want to see them spin with AC off, start the car, leave it to idle for more than 30 mins.

As for the fans spinning only 30 secs when A/C is on, it could the AC thermostat setting. You could set it to last longer before they go off.

Your VIN showed that your 206 have 2 fans. Are the 2 fans spinning at the same time when A/C is on?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2013
Guess they ve tampered with. It only came with 1 big fan. Even if the temp is above 90 the fan wont spin not until the a/c is on.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2013
madey1302: Guess they ve tampered with. It only came with 1 big fan. Even if the temp is above 90 the fan wont spin not until the a/c is on.

The cooling system has a problem then. If they could remove 1 out of the 2 factory fans, then we are not even sure the system still have thermostat. Its likely it has been removed too. And the worst part of it is that someone has messed up your fans factory wiring connection. Do you stay in Abuja?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:37am On Jul 10, 2013
@ maydey1302,

Did you buy the car tokunbo or Nigerian used?

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.