Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,096 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385391 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elite(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is what the instrument cluster looks like at night. the multi function display is wonderful as it gives you information about almost everything. I never knew peugeots of those days have evolved to be this cool as before now whenever I see or hear peugeot d first thing that comes to my mind is 504, 404 (pick up), 505,etc...

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
elite: This is what the instrument cluster looks like at night. the multi function display is wonderful as it gives you information about almost everything. I never knew peugeots of those days have evolved to be this cool as before now whenever I see or hear peugeot d first thing that comes to my mind is 504, 404 (pick up), 505,etc...

Only the courageous ones who tested are testifying. Some others who are missing a lot are by the side condemning what they are missing. Lol!

E be like say na from showroom you go pick that Lion. Almost tear rubber sef! Enjoy!

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ur fox is so neat. Pls don't get carried away, take of her like ur baby. Enjoy.
elite: This is what the instrument cluster looks like at night. the multi function display is wonderful as it gives you information about almost everything. I never knew peugeots of those days have evolved to be this cool as before now whenever I see or hear peugeot d first thing that comes to my mind is 504, 404 (pick up), 505,etc...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi guys'
my new 406 peugeot 2001 model fuel gauge has stopped working.

Just filled my car up and the fuel gauge has stayed in the position it was before I filled up, anyone know what it could be.

Everytime I start the car the gauge moves to the 3/4 position which is incorrect its full of fuel.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanishehu: Hi guys'
my new 406 peugeot 2001 model fuel gauge has stopped working.

Just filled my car up and the fuel gauge has stayed in the position it was before I filled up, anyone know what it could be.

Everytime I start the car the gauge moves to the 3/4 position which is incorrect its full of fuel.

Check your fuel sender in the fuel tank.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

is it something I can do myself
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanishehu:

is it something I can do myself

It depends. Your rear seat needs to be out first, before you can look at it and figure out if its something you can do yourself. grin

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
k
can you assist
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanishehu: k
can you assist

Are you in Abuja?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanishehu: k
can you assist
never mind I will be at the meeting on Saturday.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ikenna351:

Are you in Abuja?

Ikenna
yes am in abj
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanishehu:
never mind I will be at the meeting on Saturday.

Ok.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ok.

Ikenna

Good morning Ikenna, pls what could have caused excessive smoke from exhaust-pipe, my wife's 307 all of a sudden started fuming smoke excessively from the exhaust on her way back from work yesterday.
this morning i checked the oil and it was ok, i started the car and the smoke was too much even at start up, i also noticed the engine sound changed. a tick white or rather light bluish smoke, with dark stain from the exhaust on the ground where the car is parked.
pls advise.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Good morning Ikenna, pls what could have caused excessive smoke from exhaust-pipe, my wife's 307 all of a sudden started fuming smoke excessively from the exhaust on her way back from work yesterday.
this morning i checked the oil and it was ok, i started the car and the smoke was too much even at start up, i also noticed the engine sound changed. a tick white or rather light bluish smoke, with dark stain from the exhaust on the ground where the car is parked.
pls advise.

What was the colour of smoke she saw and you saw as well when you started the car?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ikenna351:

What was the colour of smoke she saw and you saw as well when you started the car?

Ikenna

She noticed a tick light-blue smoke as she drove, when she stops the smoke puffs more but managed it to get home. This morning the smoke was same colour but became darker as it puffs out. I marched the trottle and everywhere was filled with smoke, with engine sounding weaker than normal sound.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Scyllapatron:

She noticed a tick light-blue smoke as she drove, when she stops the smoke puffs more but managed it to get home. This morning the smoke was same colour but became darker as it puffs out. I marched the trottle and everywhere was filled with smoke, with engine sounding weaker than normal sound.

I think what the Lion need is physical inspection to truly know what's going on with the engine. If the smoke is not blackish, then I am afraid, we are looking at a mechanical fault that requires a mechanic presence/attention.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ikenna351:

I think what the Lion need is physical inspection to truly know what's going on with the engine. If the smoke is not blackish, then I am afraid, we are looking at a mechanical fault that requires a mechanic presence/attention.

Ikenna

thank you so much Ikenna, i will call a mechanic on monday. pls can you educate me more if the smoke was blackish, just in case.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ifeanyi83(m): 5:56am On Sep 21, 2014
I'm grateful I found this thread. I'm so in love with the 607 but my folks seem not to support the idea, citing high cost of maintenance and fuel economy as reasons it will not be a good idea, considering the fact that it's my first time buying a car. What do you advice?.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2014
ifeanyi83: I'm grateful I found this thread. I'm so in love with the 607 but my folks seem not to support the idea, citing high cost of maintenance and fuel economy as reasons it will not be a good idea, considering the fact that it's my first time buying a car. What do you advice?.

They are wrong. Its one of the best Peugeot ever produced. Fuel economy is as good as 406 & 407. They all use the same engine and electrics.

The annoyance of the car is the body parts. They are pricey. So, if you must buy the 607, try not to smash it, drive bumper to bumper bad driving habit or drive rough.

The other day, someone from Ilorin sent me money to buy a brand new A/C condenser for his 607 with EW12 engine. I checked , and it was exactly the same A/C condenser in 406 & 407 with EW engines. I purchased it 15k and have sent it to him. He is enjoying his 607 A/C now.

Forget about what uninformed people tell you about the Lions. Their cars is one of the best thing that could ever happen to you, if you treat them like babies.

To cut the story short, 607 is on my next to do list. And I will soon be done with the making of Video of how to own and maintain a Lion. Will be out very soon. I have decided to add Audio CD as well, so that Lion owners could as well plug in, listen and learn these things, over and over again.

Now, the question you need to ask is, what year model, engine and transmission should you go for? I would only answer that if you tell me what you want out of a car.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Scyllapatron:

thank you so much Ikenna, i will call a mechanic on monday. pls can you educate me more if the smoke was blackish, just in case.

Black smoke means "excessive fueling". Not all thirsty running cars are going through excessive fueling. Your car could be consuming more fuel than its designed to, without emitting black smoke. Not all cars that emit black smoke suffer cylinders wash down issue.

When excess fuel goes into the combustion chambers via the injectors and intake valves, not all of them will burn during the explosion or combustion stroke. Those that didn't burn will go out through the exhaust as black smoke. But if the excess fuel becomes too much, the unburnt ones will not only go out as black smoke, some will wash down the cylinder or leak down through the rings on the pistons, enter the oil pan and dilute the engine oil. For such situations, the oil level will always be increasing and when the dipstick is pulled out and smelled, it will smell fuel.

To cut it short, we have various type of rich running. Each type will damage the emission control sensors or components overtime, like the oxygen sensors and Catalytic converters.

Good morning.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Ikenna351:

Black smoke means "excessive fueling". Not all thirsty running cars are going through excessive fueling. Your car could be consuming more fuel than its designed to, without emitting black smoke. Not all cars that emit black smoke suffer cylinders wash down issue.

When excess fuel goes into the combustion chambers via the injectors and intake valves, not all of them will burn during the explosion or combustion stroke. Those that didn't burn will go out through the exhaust as black smoke. But if the excess fuel becomes too much, the unburnt ones will not only go out as black smoke, some will wash down the cylinder or leak down through the rings on the pistons, enter the oil pan and dilute the engine oil. For such situations, the oil level will always be increasing and when the dipstick is pulled out and smelled, it will smell fuel.

To cut it short, we have various type of rich running. Each type will damage the emission control sensors or components overtime, like the oxygen sensors and Catalytic converters.

Good morning.

Ikenna

Thank you so much Iyke.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2014
Does anyone know a good Lion Mechanic and Electrician in KD?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by murtalaa(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2014
Hello Engineer Ikenna

I have a peugeot 406 auto. Yesterday while I was driving and an ESP/ASP fault appeared and the car made a quick jerky left right left movement and when I tried to accelerate it refused and instead made some funny noise. I was scared cause if I was on full speed and that happened, only God knows what will happen. Please help me out.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
murtalaa: Hello Engineer Ikenna

I have a peugeot 406 auto. Yesterday while I was driving and an ESP/ASP fault appeared and the car made a quick jerky left right left movement and when I tried to accelerate it refused and instead made some funny noise. I was scared cause if I was on full speed and that happened, only God knows what will happen. Please help me out.

You mean ASR or ABS?

Anyway, ESP/ASR fault, most times, are brake related. They will go off, once the system detects fault in brake systems.

You need a PP2000 scan to detect the cause.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello house,

I opened a Lions Community group on WhatsApp. I will add all house contacts I already have in the group.

We can easily reach other via the WhatsApp group, since not all of visit Nairaland often and there could some query or questions regarding your Lion you could ask and I may not have the answer to that, but some other member who owns the same Lion or experienced similar symptom could help you out by telling you how he/she fixed the issue. You could be stranded and quick cry for help in the community could be your saviour. Lets make use of it.

The truth is, I can easily be reached via WhatsApp, SMS or call. And I will constantly be sharing my knowledge and tips on how to run these our Lions there. So that Nairaland or not, site crash or not, the community lives on.

So, if I don't have your phone number yet, send me WhatsApp message and I will add you in the community. My phone number 08052811236.

But if you are not interested in the group, send me a personal message to remove you from the group when I add you. That's if I have your phone number.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

thanks a lot, it has been solve
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

I disconnect d fuel terminal and reconnected it and it has been ok since then. Bad or loose connection was the problem.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
sanishehu:
I disconnect d fuel terminal and reconnected it and it has been ok since then. Bad or loose connection was the problem.

Moisture on the connector, I guess. Congrats.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ikenna351:

Moisture on the connector, I guess. Congrats.

Ikenna

All thanks to you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ifeanyi83(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ikenna351:

They are wrong. Its one of the best Peugeot ever produced. Fuel economy is as good as 406 & 407. They all use the same engine and electrics.

The annoyance of the car is the body parts. They are pricey. So, if you must buy the 607, try not to smash it, drive bumper to bumper bad driving habit or drive rough.

The other day, someone from Ilorin sent me money to buy a brand new A/C condenser for his 607 with EW12 engine. I checked , and it was exactly the same A/C condenser in 406 & 407 with EW engines. I purchased it 15k and have sent it to him. He is enjoying his 607 A/C now.

Forget about what uninformed people tell you about the Lions. Their cars is one of the best thing that could ever happen to you, if you treat them like babies.

To cut the story short, 607 is on my next to do list. And I will soon be done with the making of Video of how to own and maintain a Lion. Will be out very soon. I have decided to add Audio CD as well, so that Lion owners could as well plug in, listen and learn these things, over and over again.

Now, the question you need to ask is, what year model, engine and transmission should you go for? I would only answer that if you tell me what you want out of a car.

Ikenna

Thanks so much Ikenna. I actually saw that car in the auto section and i fell in love with. I grew up knowing the lion with the 504 series, my dad owned on then and i can tell of it's durability. It definitely will be automatic transmission, generally, it should be pocket friendly in terms of maintenance and fuel economy.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
hi, i am responding a bit late.
is your engine EW12? if the sound you hear is what i think it is, with my experiences with a number of ew12 engines dats how it sounds in the morning or after a long while been parked. A friend of mine had to return his to the buyer after several repairs by mechanics. from camshaft to timing, etc but the noise didnt stop.
I almost fell victim when i first ordered a 407 ew12, luckily for me a more experienced car dealer told me thats how it sounds if the engine is cold. i have bought and sold several ew12 406 and 407 dats how they all sound in the morning. i am talking of pre-owned hre. dont know of brand new.
but then it seems yours didnt start making the noise until recently.thats if we are talking about the same noise.
walestega: Hi Ikenna,

I commend you for the wonderful job  and selfless service you've been rendering to nairalanders. Gob Bless U Bro.

I'm having some issues with my 406 D9.

Firstly, when I start up my engine in the morning,  and try to rev it sounds a little odd (to me) until the engine warms up. I only notice this when †̥hε̲ car engine has been off for a long period. Is this a cause for alarm?

Secondly, in the past week my air bag light was flashing intermittently  and is now permanently on. Any quick fix regarding this (maybe some things I need to check before going to scan my lion?).

Thirdly, my ABS lights have been permanently on for a while. I scanned it  and it complained of the passenger rear sensor which I got my mechanic to clean. However the light remains on (haven't gone back to scan it). Do I need to clear the fault with a scanner before it resets or does it clear off automatically?

I love my lion, that car is a monster on the road. I also noticed that at a speed of 110km/h it seems to move faster than other cars @ the same speed. Is it just my imagination.

Thank you.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
let me add that they come up atimes when you heat a sudden brake and a gallop or bump at the same time. still a routine pp2000 scan is essential.
murtalaa: Hello Engineer Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.