Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385392 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Ikenna351: I left East in the morning and arrived Abuja about 3 or 4 hours ago. As for the fueling, it consumed about 45 litres of petrol from Abuja to Enugu, likewise Enugu to Abuja. Meaning, i spent only N4,500 in the fueling. Note that Abuja to Enugu is about 500 km. Really impressive!

I love my Lions, because they make my trips interesting.

Btw, i did the trip with my D9 V6 manual.

I thank God for everything.

Ikenna

Mr Ikenna u didnt share the trip on nairaland with pics o! i sooo love 2 read ur travelling trips with your peugeot 505, 607. i swear i envied you while i read them.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
dumo1:

Mr Ikenna u didnt share the trip on nairaland with pics o! i sooo love 2 read ur travelling trips with your peugeot 505, 607. i swear i envied you while i read them.

Oh! I document my trips, but not all of them that I tell on Nairaland. I had to tell, briefly, about the last trip I did last Sunday because of the exhaust issue I had on the trip.

Find few pics from the trip I posted in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1152308/trip-abuja-enugu-anambra-505/10

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2014
My fox keeps waxing strong in my army barracks. With my tinted glasses, every officer n soldier just stares at my car. Everyone now wants to drive a fox.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Dgame7: My fox keeps waxing strong in my army barracks. With my tinted glasses, every officer n soldier just stares at my car. Everyone now wants to drive a fox.

That's a clean looking Fox you got there! I also like your alloys. Never seen that type on a fox before.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2014
A friend got them for me from Dubai.
Ikenna351:

That's a clean looking Fox you got there! I also like your alloys. Never seen that type on a fox before.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2014
Dgame7: A friend got them for me from Dubai.

Ok.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2014
My AC tends to over freeze before the thermostat cuts and it cuts just once or twice den it won't again. It will just be freezing like a cold room Pls wat could be d fault?
Ikenna351:

Ok.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2014
Dgame7: My AC tends to over freeze before the thermostat cuts and it cuts just once or twice den it won't again. It will just be freezing like a cold room Pls wat could be d fault?

I really dont know much about A/C diagnosis. But I do know that if there is fault in your Fox A/C system, the fault(s) will be stored in the A/C ECU. You will need PP2000 to see the faults.

But remember, the ventilation system of your fox is climate control system. Meaning, it works with outside temperature. The sensor that feeds the outside temperature to the A/C ECU is mounted inside the exterior right rearview mirror. So if the sensor is faulty, it could send wrong temperature to the A/C ECU that the outside temp is too cold or too hot. And the A/C ECU uses whatever signal it recieves from that sensor to determine how the A/C compressor works, including the blower under the behind the glovebox.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks. I tink the climate control works well because I use the AC on Auto mode and it controls the speed of the the blower wen the weather is hot or cold. The problem is just the over freezing attitude once the sun is down.
Ikenna351:

I really dont know much about A/C diagnosis. But I do know that if there is fault in your Fox A/C system, the fault(s) will be stored in the A/C ECU. You will need PP2000 to see the faults.

But remember, the ventilation system of your fox is climate control system. Meaning, it works with outside temperature. The sensor that feeds the outside temperature to the A/C ECU is mounted inside the exterior right rearview mirror. So if the sensor is faulty, it could send wrong temperature to the A/C ECU that the outside temp is too cold or too hot. And the A/C ECU uses whatever signal it recieves from that sensor to determine how the A/C compressor works, including the blower under the behind the glovebox.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2014
Dgame7: My AC tends to over freeze before the thermostat cuts and it cuts just once or twice den it won't again. It will just be freezing like a cold room Pls wat could be d fault?

But dont forget fox A/C blows too damn cold.

Each time i travel, I always leave the blower on speed 1, as you can see on my trip to East Last Sunday. But 1 hr into the journey, my hands and mouth will be shaking as one seating in a Freezer. Lol! Thats why 407 owners are swapping and converting their A/C systems to 406 one.

At a point, I had to increase the temperature to 21 C when my cousin wrapped her arms, an indication that she was FREEZING! grin

Fox A/C is one of the best. cool

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks. Maybe I will start cooling van business. I luv my fox, It's my baby catcher.lol
Ikenna351:

But dont forget fox A/C blows too damn cold.

Each time i travel, I always leave the blower on speed 1, as you can see on my trip to East Last Sunday. But 1 hr into the journey, my hands and mouth will be shaking as one seating in a Freezer. Lol! Fox A/C is one of the best. Thats why 407 owners are swapping and converting their A/C systems to 406 one.

At a point, I had to increase the temperature to 21 C when my cousin wrapped her arms, an indication that she was FREEZING! grin

Fox A/C is one of the best. cool

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2014
Dgame7: Thanks. I tink the climate control works well because I use the AC on Auto mode and it controls the speed of the the blower wen the weather is hot or cold. The problem is just the over freezing attitude once the sun is down.

In that case, what you need to be doing is adjusting the temperature to 19 or 21 C, once it becomes to cold. At 19, 20 & 21 C, the temperature will be normal, not too cold. But if you go beyond 22 C, the heater will come on and compressor will go off.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2014
You have a point there cos I always leave mine at 14 always. I will adjust it to 16 or 18. U re d boss.
Ikenna351:

In that case, what you need to be doing is adjusting the temperature to 19 or 21 C, once it becomes to cold. At 19, 20 & 21 C, the temperature will be normal, not too cold. But if you go beyond 22 C, the heater will come on and compressor will go off.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
pls this vin peugeot 406
vf38b6fzf81399846
thank you & God bless
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
sanishehu: pls this vin peugeot 406
vf38b6fzf81399846
thank you & God bless

Mail or text me your email address.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
After about 3 months of unavailability of Total Quartz 7000 (15W-50) in Abuja, its now available in Abuja Total stations. Even last week when I was at Enugu and Awka, it was not there.

The price still remain N4,700 for 4 litre can.

Remember, its synthetic based oil recommended for TU, XU, EW & ES9 engines, together with the fully synthetic oil, Quartz 9000 (5W-40).

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Please, if you must buy a Nigerian used Lion, find someone knowledgeable enough on Lions electrics to inspect or carryout a PP2000 session on the Lion. Its used car, so we don't expect not to find few faults, which shouldn't deter one from buying. But with the kind of electrical abuse some people are dishing out on their Lions, you could end up with such ones.

If you stay in Abuja and could get hold of me, harass me until I make out time to check a Nigerian used Lion you are interested in to purchase. It will save you a lot of headache at the end of the day. Even if I am not available, find someone who can help you on that, especially those outside Abuja.

Why I am saying this is because of regrets I put some people through when they bring their Lions to me to find out the cause of their nightmares they just inherited from another Nigerian. There are some electrical abuse on Lions which I do find difficult to deal with due to time or even lack of how to deal with them. I mean, recently, I troubleshooted someone's Lion that as soon as you open the drivers door, the radiator fan will start spinning at high speed, with ignition off. I mean, the drivers door and ignition are now the fans trigger. Imagine how bad the wrong connection was and all these are telling on the BSI and injection ECU. The electrical abuse on the Lion was so bad that to even do Some checks with PP2000 on some of the ECUs proved abortive. And the owner bought the car in that condition, not knowing it was that bad. There are other similar cases like that I have lost count.

If you switching from Japs, please, Peugeot is not a Japanese car. You don't treat it anyhow or buy it anyhow. Like I have always said, If you know you cannot afford not to abuse a car, don't bother buying a Peugeot. Try another brand, because she will deal with you mercilessly until you deceive another poor person to buy it off you or scrap her.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
That person bought typhoid oh.
Ikenna351: Please, if you must buy a Nigerian used Lion, find someone knowledgeable enough on Lions electrics to inspect or carryout a PP2000 session on the Lion. Its used car, so we don't expect not to find few faults, which shouldn't deter one from buying. But with the kind of electrical abuse some people are dishing out on their Lions, you could end up with such ones.

If you stay in Abuja and could get hold of me, harass me until I make out time to check a Nigerian used Lion you are interested in to purchase. It will save you a lot of headache at the end of the day. Even if I am not available, find someone who can help you on that, especially those outside Abuja.

Why I am saying this is because of regrets I put some people through when they bring their Lions to me to find out the cause of their nightmares they just inherited from another Nigerian. There are some electrical abuse on Lions which I do find difficult to deal with due to time or even lack of how to deal with them. I mean, recently, I troubleshooted someone's Lion that as soon as you open the drivers door, the radiator fan will start spinning at high speed, with ignition off. I mean, the drivers door and ignition are now the fans trigger. Imagine how bad the wrong connection was and all these are telling on the BSI and injection ECU. The electrical abuse on the Lion was so bad that to even do Some checks with PP2000 on some of the ECUs proved abortive. And the owner bought the car in that condition, not knowing it was that bad. There are other similar cases like that I have lost count.

If you switching from Japs, please, Peugeot is not a Japanese car. You don't treat it anyhow or buy it anyhow. Like I have always said, If you know you cannot afford not to abuse a car, don't bother buying a Peugeot. Try another brand, because she will deal with you mercilessly until you deceive another poor person to buy it off you or scrap her.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elite(m): 1:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna, is the fully synthetic total 5w40 ok for my lion ew12? It tot u mentioned earlier that peugeot warned against the use of fully synthetic oils on their ew engines. I wouldnt mind using the 5w40 if its ok cos I bought and hv been using my lion for almost a month now with the oil that came with it. I wanna be sure b4 touching my engine. Kindly clarify.

Btw, im loving my ew12 as the response time and power is remarkable. With this engine, one will hardly need a v6.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351: Please, if you must buy a Nigerian used Lion, find someone knowledgeable enough on Lions electrics to inspect or carryout a PP2000 session on the Lion. Its used car, so we don't expect not to find few faults, which shouldn't deter one from buying. But with the kind of electrical abuse some people are dishing out on their Lions, you could end up with such ones.

Ikenna

Ikenna you connected your pp2000 to a vehicle that the cooling fan starts up when you open the drivers door? Ahhh you have faith o!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:35am On Sep 17, 2014
elite: Ikenna, is the fully synthetic total 5w40 ok for my lion ew12? It tot u mentioned earlier that peugeot warned against the use of fully synthetic oils on their ew engines. I wouldnt mind using the 5w40 if its ok cos I bought and hv been using my lion for almost a month now with the oil that came with it. I wanna be sure b4 touching my engine. Kindly clarify.

Btw, im loving my ew12 as the response time and power is remarkable. With this engine, one will hardly need a v6.

Did I really say that? I am not sure I did.

Anyway, what I am sure I did say was, don't use 5W-20 or 5W-30 in EW12 engine. Peugeot warned against use of those oils in EW12.

Yes, I have been telling people scared of V6 to go for EW12 Lions because any Lion with EW12 behaves like wild animal. The EW12 replaced petrol turbo engine in 406 and subsequently in 407, 607, 807, etc.

Difference between EW12 & ES9 (V6) is, EW12 behaves like a wild animal while the ES9 behaves like a Beast.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:38am On Sep 17, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Ikenna you connected your pp2000 to a vehicle that the cooling fan starts up when you open the drivers door? Ahhh you have faith o!

Believe me, I was scared to death. But what could I do? It was even when the PP2000 went in that the main signs of electrical abuses popped up.

Notwithstanding, thanks for the advice. Will be careful next time.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2014
I forgot to add, for EW12 owners, 5W-40 will make your engine quieter.

The Quartz 9000 is cheaper in the long run, even though it cost about 8k. But it will extend the oil renewal interval to at least 10 months, than the 6 months with synthetic based.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elite(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351: I forgot to add, for EW12 owners, 5W-40 will make your engine quieter.
The Quartz 9000 is cheaper in the long run, even though it cost about 8k. But it will extend the oil renewal interval to at least 10 months, than the 6 months with synthetic based.
Ikenna

ok then. Thanks for the clarification. I shall use the 5w40 this wknd.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elite(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351: I forgot to add, for EW12 owners, 5W-40 will make your engine quieter.
Ikenna

btw, im the latest convert to the lion family in da house. Pop champagne

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2014
elite:

You are welcome to the family.

From the pic of your instrument, it indicates your Fox is among the last model fox produced in Europe (CAN-bus).

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

Mail or text me your email address.

Ikenna

sani50sani@yahoo.com
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
sanishehu:

sani50sani@yahoo.com

You have mail.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bit the bullet and bought a Peugeot 3008!

french-car-newb:

Went to a used car dealer and test drove the Peugeot 3008. Wow! What a car and just loved the way it handles. It was a petrol version XSE 1.6 Turbo. It feels and drives like a Car or hatch rather than an SUV, the higher seat position provides great all round visibility. Just loved the HUD! You can view the speed, and distance to the car in front without taking your eyes off the road. The seats are really comfortable though a bit small. Took a few minutes to get used to the indicator levers being on the wrong side of the steering column. The air con seemed powerful and the sound system pretty much up there. The central storage opens from the other side (obviously these are designed for LHD) but not a big issue. There are illuminating lights everywhere! One even under the rear view mirrors (there is a term for this just don't remember) which switch off after a few minutes. The rear parking sensors, electrical mirrors, electric mirror adjustments, seatbelt indicators (ok I am missing a few standard features) is all there. Now the "pièce de résistance" (pias de resistance as the french would say it), the panaromic roof! I don't know how to describe this experience. The whole cabin suddenly feels so much bigger. I am looking forward to the night time moon roof experience. The rear boot design is really clever. Adjustable floor, the 12v camping socket, the rechargeable torch (now why don't Japanese cars have these features?). Fold the back seats and you can fit a baby elephant inside! The split trunk is a clever design and allows you to slide heavy gear without having to negotiate the cargo lip.

I am not sure the Peugeots deserve the bad publicity they get in Australia and without saying too much I will stop there and not tempt the devil. I will review the car a month down the track as I get to know it a bit more.

Oh yes and for the record I also drove a Honda Jazz. After driving the Peugeot it felt like driving a 1960s truck!

Thanks for listening.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/113264-bit-bullet-bought-peugeot-3008-a.html

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sanishehu(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

You have mail.

Ikenna

thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Welcome to the fox world. Ur car is clean n d instrument cluster is nice. It luks like dat of a sport car.
elite:

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elite(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dgame7: Welcome to the fox world. Ur car is clean n d instrument cluster is nice. It luks like dat of a sport car.

tnx a lot. Here are more pix of her...

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.