Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,714 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. (11853 Views)

US To Send Soldiers To Nigeria: New York Times / Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
I support Gej on this.Sending soldiers to Mali does not affect our chances with boko haram.They are mere distractions fueled by powerful Nigerians to make the country look ungovernable and Gej's administration unsuccessful. Fighting a faceless enemy takes lots of tactics,covert operations and not military operation.Let our army go to where they will be more useful,not where they wil be useless. Gej made the right decision. I only pray that the present surge of islamists be wiped out from our land. U.S.A is ever ready for them,so should a country that wants to protect it's democracy and rule of law
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by jpphilips(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
HNosegbe:

It smacks of immaturity on your part if you cannot make your point without resorting to abuse and name-calling. What do u mean by "brain dead as usual"? What part of my post did you not understand? I made it quite clear that terrorist groups tend to work IN CONCERT, and striking at one of them is a good way to weaken the rest, BH inclusive. It makes sense to proactively intervene in Mali so as to, among other things, block the supply of arms, bombs and personnel down south.

For all the references to Liberia and Sierra Leone, they were foreign policy failures by past governments. It doesn't automatically mean that this government will fail as well.

And for the record, I am NOT a fan of Jonathan.

a brain that does not process information constructively is dead in my books so please, forgive me if yours is dead as well.

where did you get the info on arms from Mali moving into Nigeria? or the border securities excuses for sleeping at their check points? i am glad you agreed that the mission and resources commited to the Liberian cause was a failure, what have we done differently this time around to avert such failure?
abi failure na our destiny?

now you understand why your brain is dead, no pun intended.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by jpphilips(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What happens? You have about spent in the ballpark of $2 billion in the last 2 or so years on that. I think rather than spend more, we look to getting rid of the incapable leaders. At the same time, we need to keep fighting the battle to ensure those outside do not move even closer to our bothers while we are busy reshuffling leaders, etc.

i agree completely
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
jp philips:

a brain that does not process information constructively is dead in my books so please, forgive me if yours is dead as well.

where did you get the info on arms from Mali moving into Nigeria? or the border securities excuses for sleeping at their check points? i am glad you agreed that the mission and resources commited to the Liberian cause was a failure, what have we done differently this time around to avert such failure?
abi failure na our destiny?

now you understand why your brain is dead, no pun intended.

Again if you cannot make a simple point without resorting to abusive words, it only demonstrates your immaturity.

If you think the Nigerian government should fold its arms and allow terrorist insurgents take control of a country so close to our borders rather than pre-emptively moving to nip the threat in the bud, then you know nothing about proactive leadership. The country is better served with people like you continuing your meaningless rants on online forums.

End of.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by jpphilips(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
HNosegbe:

Again if you cannot make a simple point without resorting to abusive words, it only demonstrates your immaturity.

If you think the Nigerian government should fold its arms and allow terrorist insurgents take control of a country so close to our borders rather than pre-emptively moving to nip the threat in the bud, then you know nothing about proactive leadership. The country is better served with people like you continuing your meaningless rants on online forums.

End of.

please prove that you are not brain dead by using one simple fact to talk not some wish wash. you acknowledged the failure of the Liberia campaign and i ask?

the question from the bold is; do you have what it takes to "pre-emptively move to nip the threat in the bud?" do you?
America is doing it doesnt mean Nigeria can?
America is doing it with the best patriotic and military hardware that only imaginations can phanthom, do you have it? when the patriotism of your military was to impregnate 650,000 Liberian women and their AK 47 hard ware?

America is spending 12bn usd monthly to do that as well in iraq alone, where will you get that kinda money? or you want us to fight insurgents with "luck" that has failed severally in kano?

what has jona done differently this time to avoid the liberian failure?
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by dasparrow: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Post

I can't shout! Have we finished solving the boko haram menace in our own home country of Nigeria? How can we leave our house on fire in a bid to quench the fire in another person's home?
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Double post.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
jp philips:

please prove that you are not brain dead by using one simple fact to talk not some wish wash. you acknowledged the failure of the Liberia campaign and i ask?

what has jona done differently this time to avoid that failure?

Why do you keep comparing the Mali campaign with Liberia? Do you think the circumstances surrounding both wars are the same? The clear objective here is proactive action to forestall a terrorist insurgency from completely engulfing West Africa. It is completely different from the wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone, which were primarily driven by greed for diamonds and other mineral resources.

Again, I support this move. Let's be proactive for once.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if GEJ thinks with his butt. Have we solved the problem with boko haram?? ??
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Werehkpe: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kai! At this point, I think I will disassociate myself from GEJ o!

He MUST explain the logic behind this SILLY action! Cus wat Abati is using as justification is mere gibberish!

I have never seen where America will send her troops to go and fight in another country WHEN NO BENEFITS WILL COME TO THE COUNTRY!

Kai! Oga JONAH o! Y? U just de fall EVERYBODY hand.

Better solve BH first and internal security first b4 entering the house of another man to solve his problems

Hissssssssssssssssss
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by ziccoit: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Majority of NL will read sense to this move since Islam name is boldly featured.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by F00028: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
shocked MALI?! REALLY?
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by EzePromoe: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
All i can say is 'let's keep watching"
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by rasputinn(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Why not if not.
It will send a message to all the imperialists operating under the ACRI agenda
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by ikaleguy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
GEJ! If indeed to want to fight d islamist extremist as a way of curbing the
BH menace in d north,a better option would have been to send
Weapons,finance to those fighting the extremist in mali.
This is what a reasonable govt will do!!infact it will be done secretly.then
It will focus on BH big time.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by monami2abd: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
I liked the answer this German Muslim scholar gave when he was asked about terrorism and Islam :
He said : Who started the first world war ? Muslims ? Who started the second world war ? Muslims ? Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ?? Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America ? Muslims ?? Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic ocean ? Muslims ?? And more recently the guy that shot over 50 people at a colorado cinema? Muslims No , They weren't Muslims!!! First of all, You have to define terrorism properly... If a non-Muslim do something bad..it is crime. But if a Muslim commit same..he is terrorist... So first remove this double standard...then come to the point!!!

And GEJ whose clueless rule kill over 100 people daily directly or indirectly is a Muslim right
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Rick9(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
GEJ Is a fool, what nonsense, our country is in a state of calamity, the fool havent done anything to crush the bokoharam millitants, yet the fool wana deploy soldiers to go and die in another man's land, the bible was right, where it state that, before u take a piece of stick from some1 eye's first of all remove urs.
Crush bokoharam before deploying soldiers to Mali.
Nonsense.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by druid06(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
This guy (GEJ) never stop amazing me ( Sarcasm ).
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by ocelot2006(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
What most Nigerians fail to understand is that Northern Mali is basically ground zero. Al-Aqaeda has fully set up base there. And our very own Boko Haram trains there, along with Al-Shebab and AQIM. Therefore, it is imperative that we deploy troops there to neutralize the threat brewing up there. Anyway, I doubt we'll be deploying a full division. Just a battalion or 2, or a Brigade at most, with possible elements from NAF for combat air support (CAS).

We still have enough manpower within the army to tackle the insurgency in the North-East, and down south. And this excludes the other 2 arms of the armed forces, the Police Force, and the Intelligence Services.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2012
If the history of ECOWAS troop is taking into account Nigeria would be contributing 95% of the soldiers and BH may step up attack at home. GEJ is between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by jpphilips(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2012
HNosegbe:

Why do you keep comparing the Mali campaign with Liberia? Do you think the circumstances surrounding both wars are the same? The clear objective here is proactive action to forestall a terrorist insurgency from completely engulfing West Africa. It is completely different from the wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone, which were primarily driven by greed for diamonds and other mineral resources.

Again, I support this move. Let's be proactive for once.

you talk like a child, i needed you to tell me how many drones and effective surveillance and other military hardware Nigeria has acquired and you are here telling me the cause of war.
war fare is war fare, the Liberian and Mali scenarios are same because it is a guerrilla kind of war fare where your enemies are not in an open field, they are mostly hidden amongst people.

the Liberian situation was almost same though there were areas that were RUF and west side strong holds but they still had machineries in civilian population.

i now ask, what has Nigeria done differently military wise to go face Islamic insurgents head on in mali since the Liberian disaster? or you think that Giving your soldiers AKs is what they need to tackle the haramists head on?

guy dis discussion pass you look for your mate.

Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by jpphilips(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2012
ikaleguy: GEJ! If indeed to want to fight d islamist extremist as a way of curbing the
BH menace in d north,a better option would have been to send
Weapons,finance to those fighting the extremist in mali.
This is what a reasonable govt will do!!infact it will be done secretly.then
It will focus on BH big time.

you have a brain, that was the United states strategy in Afghanistan in the 80's during the cold war with the soviet union.
that is precisely what i expect of Jonathan but hey!! .....
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by muktarmtt(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
I tinking under d inflnce of casava bread dn blame him make hin send niger delter militant jaree.
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by CLIQBOY(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
BUT HE NO FIT SEND THEM TO NORTH TO ATTACK OUR HOME-BASED DEMONS....ABEG THAT MAN NA KOLO MAN..NA ME GO IMPEACEH AM grin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin

Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by Kposkila: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
oga jona, u say in 3months u wud smoke Bh, its four months now nd Bh is smoking 9ja, na wetin u no fit do as president 4 9ja,u wan go do 4 mali? show working 4 ur backyard b4 u perform outside! :ooga jona, u say in 3months u wud smoke Bh, its four months now nd Bh is smoking 9ja, na wetin u no fit do as president 4 9ja,u wan go do 4 mali? show working 4 ur backyard b4 u perform outside!
Re: GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. by BrightDeGea(m): 12:02am On May 31, 2013
For the same sex issue 25 years inprison would have been better and for those corrupt leaders i think they should die by hanging or electric shock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / Court Summons Okorocha Over Alleged Breach Of Peace / Supreme Court Declares Virtual Court Sittings Constitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.