Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

You Don't Look African - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Don't Look African (3733 Views)

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife / You Don't Look African? What's Do You Think Of It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Look African by MrsChima1(f): 2:34am On Sep 11, 2012
TerryCarr: in some parts of America they say you look Haitian if your dark lipsrsealed

Exactly. They say my husband don't look African simply because he doesn't have tribal marks.

What did they expect him to swing from the trees shouting gorilla chants

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Look African by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 11, 2012
moral to the story is the statement "you don't look african" is very ignorant and shouldn't be taken as a compliment.
Re: You Don't Look African by TerryCarr(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Exactly. They say my husband don't look African simply because he doesn't have tribal marks.

What did they expect him to swing from the trees shouting gorilla chants
lol grin
Re: You Don't Look African by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
TerryCarr: lol grin

Lol chima is fo0l.
Re: You Don't Look African by MrsChima1(f): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Lol chima is fo0l.

Why I gotta be all that heffa? angry
Re: You Don't Look African by Blyss: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
you

You are a fool and dense as hell. What is a typical "African" look? I am being serious because you can't be this fucking dense to say that you can tell someone is African by simply looking at them.

Africa is a continent that has over 30 countries and five regions. You can say that the person look like this tribe and that tribe simply by many factors not looks alone.

When you say "African"...I am like wtf are you talking about? That's just like someone saying Michelle Cho looks American and she is from Korea. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Yes, with many Africans.. they have a distinct look in which is very rearly found among Black-Americans anymore, though is often still seen among Caribbean and South and Central American blacks though. But obviously this is not a total opposition of looks, in that there are many Africans and Black-Americans whom share a common look.
Re: You Don't Look African by MrsChima1(f): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
LMAO@this nigga still harping on African look. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Don't Look African by Blyss: 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
LMAO@this nigga still harping on African look. grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO@this Chicken still squawking in denial of the obvious just because Mr. Chima has that African look as most Yoruba due. Which by the way there's nothing wrong with, so I don't understand why you folks are making such a big deal over it. cheesy
Re: You Don't Look African by somalia3: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin: moral to the story is the statement "you don't look african" is very ignorant and shouldn't be taken as a compliment.

i take it as a compliment. cause it means i have nice hair, straight nose, and look human.

i m somali
Re: You Don't Look African by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Blyss:

LMAO@this Chicken still squawking in denial of the obvious just because Mr. Chima has that African look as most Yoruba due. Which by the way there's nothing wrong with, so I don't understand why you folks are making such a big deal over it. cheesy

You are an Idiott, the name "chima" isn't even a yoruba name so what are you trying to prove?? And like I said earlier

there is no such thing as a concrete "African look" considering that the continent of africa is filled with people with

very diverse looks, facial features, and different skin tone. Stop yarning rubbish, you are making yourself look

stu.pid and ignorant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu: When A Man’s Father Dies He Must Buy A Horse And Slaughter It. / African American In Nigeria. / Crisis Brews In Onitsha, Nkwellezunka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.